• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the best division... thinking of going curator

The best division is pretty subjective. It really just depends on what passive bonus you want and what activities you like to do the most. Personally I picked Curators because collectopedia is my crack and I wanted the crit bonus.

Shun

Trying out the Partisan Eagle Sniper Rifle class and so far I don't find it fun at all.

Mind as well grind out the class rank now so I can enjoy the other classes later.

This class does it get better or is it just eh.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's pretty good! How important are the two (or was that three?) TP skills to the overall damage? Just wondering if you'd still get better damage output per TP with overdrive

it cost only 2k tp first skill refunds itself

I actually proc'd a bonus 500tp

so it ended up costing 1.5k

105.Will

Trying out the Partisan Eagle Sniper Rifle class and so far I don't find it fun at all.

Mind as well grind out the class rank now so I can enjoy the other classes later.

I had the same issue. it was just a lot of standing around and shooting, got to level 5 and dropped it

Blues1990

Is there a music volume slider I'm missing? This music is a fucking atrocity. Such a disgrace after the amazing soundtrack XC had.

As much as I love XC's "Snowy Valak Mountain" & " You Will Know Our Names," it's a bit unfair to say all of the tracks in XCX are horrible. I do agree that it's annoying that most of the music in the cutscenes down-out the dialogue, and I honestly don't know if it's due to poor mixing or whatever.

all right clearly missions don't give you shit of EXP. What's the fastest way to level up?

I mean I'm almost at a million gold which I'm happy with but I need to get to at least level 23 and I'm at 20. This is holding me back from doing chapter 6 and skell test.

Shun

I had the same issue. it was just a lot of standing around and shooting, got to level 5 and dropped it

The auto attacks are slow as shit and the arts reload at a slow pace too. Such a stark contrast to the Full Metal Jaguar class I've been sticking with so far...

Qurupeke

The class I use, I love it. It's slower than others but sniper is awesome and both weapons deal tons of damage. It's also perfect for electric damage dealing.

Shun

The class I use, I love it. It's slower than others but sniper is awesome and both weapons deal tons of damage. It's also perfect for electric damage dealing.

Do you have a recommended set up of arts and skills to use to maximize damage output?

So far the amount of DPS I do is abysmal and slow compared to the other class. Granted I'm only Rank 4 with it right now but it's giving me such a negative opinion on it.

Right now I'm only grinding it out to hope it gets better and just so that I don't have to go through it again.

Parfait

Could anyone recommend a spot i could go from 27 to 30 in short order? Literally just got my skell.

Bonuses if there's some sweet aoe weapon I can get to murder lots of things real quickly, because I wanna level another class too. Though, Galactic Knight owns.

syeefoo

Neo Member
*snip*

Because if it was one of those question mark quests you can get around the world, those don't appear based on your level. I'm currently stuck with one of those missions (you can't remove them) because the last location for it requires you to fight TWO level 30+ enemies to get an item. I got this mission when I was like level 10. So it's been sitting there on my list taunting me

Is it the one that you need to retrieve the communication device for Connor? (I did it in the middle of the night when I accepted the mission) Just slow jump-climb from the side that the 2 grexes are facing, then SLOWLY WALK towards the item which you must be at the middle of both grexes.

Quick draft:
http://imgur.com/bzEJ3eZ

Shun

Could anyone recommend a spot i could go from 27 to 30 in short order? Literally just got my skell.

Bonuses if there's some sweet aoe weapon I can get to murder lots of things real quickly, because I wanna level another class too. Though, Galactic Knight owns.

I was leveling against Pugiliths and Puges in Oblivia for those levels.

If you want to do battle in your Doll, P-Cannon and Claymore are pretty good area of effect attacks.

I personally prefer single enemy moves since I like racking up damage quick. I don't trust my team enough to clutch it out and not die.

Blues1990

I need some advice, with regards to purchasing a skell for my teammates. What should I consider before splurging on some sweet rides for Elma and Lin? Because after making a budget (I have collected roughly $2,500,000 and will be down somewhere in the low $200,000's when all is said and done), I'm going to be broke as a joke with making the best combat units for them.

aravuus

Check out the southernmost probe spot in Oblivia. There are lvl 31-38 velociraptor-y enemies (can't remember the name lol) there, fairly easy to kill and give good exp at your levels. Used that spot to go from I think 28 to like 36

e: didn't have a skell tho. I STILL DON'T

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I need some advice, with regards to purchasing a skell for my teammates. What should I consider before splurging on some sweet rides for Elma and Lin? Because after making a budget (I have collected roughly $2,500,000 and will be down somewhere in the low $200,000's when all is said and done), I'm going to be broke as a joke with making the best combat units for them.

make their mechs match how they play

Shun

Do it and don't cheap out.

The great thing about your teammates is that when their dolls die and break, you don't have to deal with insurance or repair fees.

Buy it for them and make sure they're high spec according to their character type. Money is not an issue in this game in my opinion so long as you know how to take advantage of the game system.

El Odio

Banned
Chapter 5 spoilers:
So this story might not be as "deep" as the originals but after the that ending I'm definitely hooked. The Ma-non, voices somewhat aside, are a fantastic addition to the cast and though I only spent 5 minutes exploring NLA afterwards before quitting for tonight I love how the nopon and them have become integrated into the city. It gives me serious vibes of Colony 6.

In terms of all those complaints everyone was having about the turrets Idon't get it. I had no problem approaching them and taking them out and no one in my party was level 20. Even the boss was pretty easy.

105.Will

The auto attacks are slow as shit and the arts reload at a slow pace too. Such a stark contrast to the Full Metal Jaguar class I've been sticking with so far...

EXACTLY. I've been using the full metal jaguar too. Running around and managing buffs feels so much better than standing and shooting a powerful shot every 5 to 6 seconds

Blues1990

make their mechs match how they play

Well, both Elma and Lin are the FMJ's & Shield Trooper Class respectively, so a light-medium mech for Elma and a heavy mech for Lin, then?

The great thing about your teammates is that when their dolls die and break, you don't have to deal with insurance or repair fees.

Buy it for them and make sure they're high spec according to their character type. Money is not an issue in this game in my opinion so long as you know how to take advantage of the game system.

I see. I was able to make my mech for my character based on the various soldier classes in the game, so that was easy. But I'm just stumped with Elma and Lin, as I don't know how their classes work.

aravuus

You only gotta do the insurance/repair stuff with your own character's doll? Oh thank god, didn't like the sound of that system from the start, but that makes it a ton more manageable

Blues1990

no seriously where can I find Giant Grexes?

Are they locked behind something? Wiki says two locations and in those two I only find low level Grexes.

In my experience, the Giant Grex spawns sporadically across Primordia, usually as a pack leader in 102, near the nest. Try there if you're still struggling.

mugwhump

Dangit, does NPC dialogue change depending on time of day? I won't be satisfied until I can talk to every single person!

There should've been a talk-to-npcs division.

R00bot

no seriously where can I find Giant Grexes?

Are they locked behind something? Wiki says two locations and in those two I only find low level Grexes.

For a quest? Because you can just set that as your navigation destination thingo. If you can't find them just fast travel somewhere nearby and it should reset the spawns.

Teknoman

I really hope there is a chance that Nintendo can patch this game for an increase font and icon size...because its really grating on me. The subtitles are nice and clear, not too big or small...but everything else...

dickroach

I really hope there is a chance that Nintendo can patch this game for an increase font and icon size...because its really grating on me. The subtitles are nice and clear, not too big or small...but everything else...

yeah, I literally moved my couch about 1 ft away from the TV. aint moving it back till I'm done with the game.

also, does anyone have the Prima guide and how is it? I'm 7 hours in and still really feel like I'm not completely sure what I'm doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom