• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

also, does anyone have the Prima guide and how is it? I'm 7 hours in and still really feel like I'm not completely sure what I'm doing.

It's good for collectible locations and terrible for pretty much everything else

5 hours and 20 minutes of work left

yeah, I literally moved my couch about 1 ft away from the TV. aint moving it back till I'm done with the game.

also, does anyone have the Prima guide and how is it? I'm 7 hours in and still really feel like I'm not completely sure what I'm doing.

Not really worth it. You should really go over the manual if you haven't done so though.

aravuus

Is there any reason to keep all the random item drops, either materials or weapon/armor with bad stats, or should I just sell them off?

Keep mats

Sell everything else

So, has anyone figured out any quick grinding spots?

Check out the southernmost probe spot in Oblivia. There are lvl 31-38 velociraptor-y enemies (can't remember the name lol) there, fairly easy to kill and give good exp at your levels. Used that spot to go from I think 28 to like 36

e: didn't have a skell tho. I STILL DON'T

Alrus

Can someone explain how armor weight matters? I tried reading the manual but it says almost nothing about armors for some reason. Does it affect cooldowns or something?

aravuus

Can someone explain how armor weight matters? I tried reading the manual but it says almost nothing about armors for some reason. Does it affect cooldowns or something?

Some have said light focuses on more resistances whereas heavy is more about physical defense, others have said lighter gear offers more augments/augment slots

So either or both, I guess

random25

Some have said light focuses on more resistances whereas heavy is more about physical defense, others have said lighter gear offers more augments/augment slots

So either or both, I guess

Heavy offers higher physical defense, but is naturally weak to gravity damage. It's the opposite for light gear.

Is it the one that you need to retrieve the communication device for Connor? (I did it in the middle of the night when I accepted the mission) Just slow jump-climb from the side that the 2 grexes are facing, then SLOWLY WALK towards the item which you must be at the middle of both grexes.

Quick draft:
http://imgur.com/bzEJ3eZ

If it helps anyone, here is a video of me retrieving Connor's comm device, although I didn't walk slowly when trying to grab the item: https://youtu.be/kZw2MO2AFxE?t=150

(I still died yet miraculously survived after fleeing from them.)

Alrus

Heavy offers higher physical defense, but is naturally weak to gravity damage. It's the opposite for light gear.

Oh that's what that sign in the resistances is. How do you know an enemy is doing gravity damage by the way? Other types are relatively easy to notice I guess.

mugwhump

Judging from npcs the criterion for selection for the colonization ships was attractiveness. Sorry uggos, enjoy extinction. (▀̿̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)

massoluk

Banned
Finally, I can go to sleep now! My precious, my very precious.

WVW69ipByBoE_HscJx

Kworn

Banned
Hey

10 hours in and want to get my scanning above 15% to be able to carry on with the main quests.

How do you do this? I have traveled all over the land etc and it still only says 8.5%. What am I doing wrong.

Golnei

I really hope there is a chance that Nintendo can patch this game for an increase font and icon size...because its really grating on me. The subtitles are nice and clear, not too big or small...but everything else...

I can't believe they didn't at least consider adding UI size options - the current default is bad enough when displayed through the TV, never mind the gamepad. Especially for a game with so many menus, it's really noticeable.

massoluk

Banned
Hey

10 hours in and want to get my scanning above 15% to be able to carry on with the main quests.

How do you do this? I have traveled all over the land etc and it still only says 8.5%. What am I doing wrong.

There's not much else to it except plugging in those probes.

zroid

Banned
I feel like even if you become "over-leveled" for the story missions, it doesn't really matter anyways since there are so many other tougher challenges to tackle at any given time.

Is it true this game is nothing like its predecessor? Xenoblade Chronicles might well be the GOAT JRPG for me but I'm not sure I like the direction X headed in.

Xane

Holy shit, I found a place in Cauldros with 4 weak lv50 mechs I killed over and over and leveled from lv35 to lv47 in just about two hours. And I'm still chapter 6. RIP.

On a brighter note, almost to the new Skell frames!

Jolkien

I can't get Elma's second Heart to Heart to trigger. I show up at the right spot at night, alone. One of the requirement is Pet: Cat which I saved in a previous affinity mission.

Am I missing anything ?

DangerMan

Banned
Is it true this game is nothing like its predecessor? Xenoblade Chronicles might well be the GOAT JRPG for me but I'm not sure I like the direction X headed in.

I find both XBC and XBCX give me a Deadly Premonition vibe. XBC had the monado which made combat far more interesting since you got visions from the future and could modify your plan. XBCX has mechs. XBCX also has guns.

XBCX has one of the best worlds in video game history but it impossible to get attached to characters due to everything feeling so stilted.

Overall XBCX is a better game than XBC and both are better than Deadly Premonition. Hope I cleared things up ;)

Jolkien

Holy shit, I found a place in Cauldros with 4 weak lv50 mechs I killed over and over and leveled from lv35 to lv47 in just about two hours. And I'm still chapter 6. RIP.

On a brighter note, almost to the new Skell frames!

What was the location, pray tell ?

Xane

What was the location, pray tell ?

Sure thing! Sorry for the crudeness, but warp to the probe located here:
onLUP8i.png

And skim along the walls not far from there with a bunch of lv40+ grunts and lv50 mechs. You want those mechs. Using Skells and the Buster weapons, you can kill them with ~3 arts. Once all 4 are gone, teleport to the probe again and rinse and repeat until lv47+.

Oh god, that "New Rival" quest was annoying.

Had to kill the lizard thing and those weird bird thing always ended up getting in the way!

In the end, I realized I could just lure the lizard away from them, as well as the bugs and monkeys to single it out.
It didn't help that the rival H.B. was part of my team.

Teknoman

I can't believe they didn't at least consider adding UI size options - the current default is bad enough when displayed through the TV, never mind the gamepad. Especially for a game with so many menus, it's really noticeable.

I put up a miiverse post, so hopefully it gets alot of yeahs.

Also can you name your Skell?

Gala

I played 8 hours straight yesterday and only finished 2 1/2 quests. But I got lost in Noctilum and got some badass armor <3

Xane

Also, why are there SO MANY MINING PROBES!? I want more Research Probes! I haven't even used a third of all the mining probes I found and I'm way above maxed out. I need more storage probes too...

Current yield
Mining: 23,128
Funds: 66,381

R.D.Blax

I just did a side quest where
I could let someone execute some other people without doing anything
Wow, Monolith, wow

Jolkien

I can't get Elma's second Heart to Heart to trigger. I show up at the right spot at night, alone. One of the requirement is Pet: Cat which I saved in a previous affinity mission.

Am I missing anything ?

For anybody wondering you have to ''equip'' the cat in your barracks customization.

Ferrio

Banned
Anyone have a link to that post that says how combat actually works? Think I'm missing something key here.

edit: found it in the op.

edit2: Okay what triggers the whole QTE sequence and how do you do combos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom