• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xane

Are we talking a whole party of Skells or something? Just went there with the starter mech and a buster weapon and well, buster weapon took like 10% at best.

I'm just using my lv30 Mech. Maybe wait until you can get that one. Then equip both buster weapons, the big red sword and the overdimensional relic-looking sword with like 120k damage potential. Then just activate each art and it should go down to 30% HP if they hit.

Does anyone know any good mobs to farm around the level 20 area?

I can't find any good monsters to fight that I can easily take down, I want to reach at least level 25-28 area. Questing is really slow and yields very little rewards/exp.
There are some 26-28 enemies by a basecamp in the first part of Noctilum. They're pretty easy and you can pull them singly. Used them to grind up to 25 for chapter 6.

Sorry can't offer better details. There's a twisty tree landmark right next to it that I used to respawn them.

It's in page 70 of the e-manual. I have no idea how to view that.
Hmm? There are no 70 pages? There's only 49 (at least for me when viewed through the game) and the affinity chart is in page 25.

At least in that page there was a mention about the affinity lines, and that you can see by just pressing A on the lines on the affinity chart.

desu

I'm just using my lv30 Mech. Maybe wait until you can get that one. Then equip both buster weapons, the big red sword and the overdimensional relic-looking sword with like 120k damage potential. Then just activate each art and it should go down to 30% HP if they hit.

Might just be missing the correct weapon, gonna check that asap.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Thanks for the tip about levelling, I hit level 39 farming those two enemies. They are called Gerrid or something. Just activate melee powerup and do the sword looking art for massive damage.

aravuus

If anyone is curious, it looks like gained EXP from a single foe caps at 9999

Took level 13 L with me (whatever if I've got three tank/DPS chars in my party, I'll manage - fucking forced perma party) to kill those lvl50 skells Xane mentioned and he's getting 9999 exp for every kill

Now I just need to raise his affinity to two hearts. Goddamn it.

g1qsjuZ.jpg

WaThoZM.jpg

tnVjLel.jpg

It was worth the wait, what a brilliant game.

KingBroly

Banned
I think a lot of the music for cutscenes in this game feels very inappropriate, on top of being WAY too loud. The sound mixing is awful during cutscenes.

If anyone is curious, it looks like gained EXP from a single foe caps at 9999

Took level 13 L with me (whatever if I've got three tank/DPS chars in my party, I'll manage - fucking forced perma party) to kill those lvl50 skells Xane mentioned and he's getting 9999 exp for every kill

Now I just need to raise his affinity to two hearts. Goddamn it.
I guess ill be doing this when i level up some more, whats the best way to raise affinity?

aravuus

I guess ill be doing this when i level up some more, whats the best way to raise affinity?

I'm not exactly sure what things raise affinity, actually, aside from soul voice stuff and finishing missions, so I've been grinding generic missions. I think it took me 10-15 missions with Hope to get her to two hearts, although she had been in my party for a while before that too.

It's not exactly fun, but at least those missions usually take only minutes to do.

Where's my gift system :/ so many extra collectables I could gift to people

Is there anything akin to Colony 6 in this game? I assumed I'd be thrown right into building up NLA but so far I haven't and I oddly loved Colony 6 rebuilding. Just finished ch 6 btw.

I'm not exactly sure what things raise affinity, actually, aside from soul voice stuff and finishing missions, so I've been grinding generic missions. I think it took me 10-15 missions with Hope to get her to two hearts, although she had been in my party for a while before that too.

It's not exactly fun, but at least those missions usually take only minutes to do.

Where's my gift system :/ so many extra collectables I could gift to people
Thanks. I forgot about the gift system, that would have made life so much easier.

random25

Is there anything akin to Colony 6 in this game? I assumed I'd be thrown right into building up NLA but so far I haven't and I oddly loved Colony 6 rebuilding. Just finished ch 6 btw.

NLA is basically Colony 6 in this game. It's still incomplete so you're going to continue making it grow.

It'd be nice if the enemy index could tell me more about a monster's location than just "Primordia", like really? That's all I'm getting here? Might as well not exist then. Even something like NW Primordia would've been fine but telling me an enemy is somewhere in a huge region is useless information.

Mendrox

I like the game but... but

It's that way they have the story missions.

Imo the story missions are important yes, but affinity quests are also important for the story, very important. They just split a game into three parts, story main quests for the main dish, affinity quests for fleshing out the world and the characters and the optional sidequests so that you always have something to do. I like that - it is also the reason that some main quests require you to do some affinity quests, because people would miss important story stuff otherwise.

Jolkien

So is there anyway to get battle points faster ? I maxed my main class but I don't have the battle points to get into another.

Ecto311

If it says OFFLINE in the top right when starting is there anything I am missing aside from the online stuff? I started a profile for my 6yr old and it gave some messages but it seems to be saving and working fine.

You can play without it, no problem, and missing nothing essential. Yet, you should consider turning it on due to the passive squad spoils etc you can get. Why pass up on free stuff? This is for you though, a six year old probably won't need obscure material grinding.

Qurupeke

Do you have a recommended set up of arts and skills to use to maximize damage output?

So far the amount of DPS I do is abysmal and slow compared to the other class. Granted I'm only Rank 4 with it right now but it's giving me such a negative opinion on it.

Right now I'm only grinding it out to hope it gets better and just so that I don't have to go through it again.

Unfortunately, I don't really think it's a set if you want good DPS. I've been using mostly Sharpnel and the Arching Thunder, for sniper and javelin respectively, boosted by other arts like Raijin, Eagle Eye, Hawkeye. I'm still building a set as I reclassed and I keep unlocking arts. This one is slow, needs set up but it's basically guaranteed to kill a lot of things. It's mostly stalling and dealing damage, but, at least, so far, I can't take more than 1/4 of the health of a strong indigent with one hit and I usually survive with a lot of health.

Daknight

Man, you guys play fast xP I just finish chapter 3 now. I can sense the overwhelming aspect some reviewers mention as I did get overwhelm with all the stuff to do and go O_O I got lost in NLA for awhile (out of my own accord that is, just decide to run around).

Wish I had more time to play it, time is limited :( I do love finding new spaces and seeing all the different creatures :D Still planting pods, etc, etc. Need to fight some more to keep leveling up, I tend to forget to fight since enemies rarely attack me *lol*

KingBroly

Banned
For a game that was apparently very expensive to make...this game has a ton of rough spots.

- No audio sliders
- Music during cutscenes feels very inappropriate most of the time
- Despite being very complex and having a lot of mechanics, the game really doesn't teach you very many, particularly vital ones
- Squad Tasks seem very random as to whether or not you can complete them
- Story Gating behind Side Quests, levels and such
- Area Gating behind Insanely powerful enemies
- A lot of enemies seem out of place, level wise

I don't know. I'm enjoying it, but I feel like there are quite a few instances of 'fuck this game' to be honest.

69wpm

Well, fuck me. Got my Skell and it got wrecked while I was crusing around in Oblivia by some high level monster coming out of nowhere. Thankfully I managed to get a perfect on the promt.

correojon

I just completed chapter 3, I tried to take some quests but almost all of them pit me against overleveled monsters. Should I just advance the main quest and leave missions for later? Or am I just underleveled (lvl 12 I think)?

For a game that was apparently very expensive to make...this game has a ton of rough spots.

- No audio sliders
- Music during cutscenes feels very inappropriate most of the time
- Despite being very complex and having a lot of mechanics, the game really doesn't teach you very many, particularly vital ones
- Squad Tasks seem very random as to whether or not you can complete them

I don't know. I'm enjoying it, but I feel like there are quite a few instances of 'fuck this game' to be honest.

Was it? I remember reading an interview with Takahashi where he described the game as mid-tier, implying it was cheaper than the typical AAA title.

tizaffy

Neo Member
really clicked for me yesterday. the battle system and damage mutlipliers.

im lvl 22 and i think, for now, the most solid way to put out dps seems to be augment with Potential boost (potential boosts healing and art damage?) and flat dmg additions to range / melee depending on your art setup.

Then its about seting up solid combos. ive gone thermal melee build with my char. with plenty of crit chance and bonus thermal damage with increase to thermal res down on my augments and skills.

the only things i struggle with are XL lvl 30s and above. anything lvl 20-27 i can defeat no matter the size. lvl 28 onwards gets a bit hairly depending on the size of the enemy.

What i need now is start farming squad missions and quests with gaffers so i can get as many mats as possible for augments and weapon schematics.

Talking of which, what is the best way to get armour / weapon scehmatics?

Man, you guys play fast xP I just finish chapter 3 now. I can sense the overwhelming aspect some reviewers mention as I did get overwhelm with all the stuff to do and go O_O I got lost in NLA for awhile (out of my own accord that is, just decide to run around).

I'm 25 hours in and I just finished chapter 4. I'm taking my time exploring the world, doing sidequests... what a great game, I'm really enjoying it.

And yes, I also get this feeling that there's so much I still have to learn about the mechanics. As you can see from my previous post, it took me 25 hours to learn how to properly change targets in battle! I mean, that's pretty basic knowledge, right?

There are other basic aspects that I only get after many hours. I guess that's the way the game is designed, and I love it, because it makes the game feel constantly fresh.

desu

The other points are totally valid, but these don't make sense to me.

Especially the area gating, I mean you could walk as level 1 character to the final area if you wanted to, there is nothing blocking you from that. The enemy issue is weird to, its actually one of the best things about XB (imho), how love that enemies are so spread out level wise. It's so stupid that in most games enemies just seem to scale with your progress (at least in a open world game).

KingBroly

Banned
The other points are totally valid, but these don't make sense to me.

Especially the area gating, I mean you could walk as level 1 character to the final area if you wanted to, there is nothing blocking you from that. The enemy issue is weird to, its actually one of the best things about XB (imho), how love that enemies are so spread out level wise. It's so stupid that in most games enemies just seem to scale with your progress (at least in a open world game).

Well like...I mean I'm coming across areas where I'm supposed to be able to go and then lv. 40 monsters appear randomly and en mass so I have to either stop and find another way around OR tip toe around them. I feel like the game is asking me to go anywhere I can then proceeds to say 'no, you can't do that yet.' I know XC did it, but not to the degree I'm seeing here. In that game, they felt pretty special and significant while here it's like 'lv.11 of X' are next to lv. 40 of the same. They don't look any different, just hit harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom