• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

desu

I'm just using my lv30 Mech. Maybe wait until you can get that one. Then equip both buster weapons, the big red sword and the overdimensional relic-looking sword with like 120k damage potential. Then just activate each art and it should go down to 30% HP if they hit.

I've been trying for an hour to no avail.

You said equip both buster weapons but I can only equip one buster at a time? I thought this might be due to LV20 frame so I tried the LV30 medium and heavy frames but they only allow one buster as well (I got that purple relic buster sword). You also mentioned 120k damage potential but I guess you meant the 12k version (if it had 120k Icould see where your damage comes from).

When playing around with the different Skells I got some of those LV50 Qmoevas down, but not realiably and only after long(er) fights that always had the potential for me to get killed.

I dunno but maybe I am totally missing something?

jorgejjvr

I think my TV my be trying to upscale to 1080 p because I feel the game looks better in my gamepad

I kinda prefer it, plus it's very convenient to just be in bed with headphones with it

Haven't been playing my wii u for awhile, but now with xenoblade, I can see once again that I love the ability to play my games on the game pad, it's such a great feature

Xane

I've been trying for an hour to no avail.

You said equip both buster weapons but I can only equip one buster at a time? I thought this might be due to LV20 frame so I tried the LV30 medium and heavy frames but they only allow one buster as well (I got that purple relic buster sword). You also mentioned 120k damage potential but I guess you meant the 12k version (if it had 120k Icould see where your damage comes from).

When playing around with the different Skells I got some of those LV50 Qmoevas down, but not realiably and only after long(er) fights that always had the potential for me to get killed.

I dunno but maybe I am totally missing something?

Let me get a snapshot from my game once I'm back home.

B00TE

How's the multiplayer been? Hoping my friends don't get burned out on the game by the time I can play it (around Christmas).

Can't get enough of the screenshots I've seen. The scope is pretty awesome.

The other points are totally valid, but these don't make sense to me.

Especially the area gating, I mean you could walk as level 1 character to the final area if you wanted to, there is nothing blocking you from that. The enemy issue is weird to, its actually one of the best things about XB (imho), how love that enemies are so spread out level wise. It's so stupid that in most games enemies just seem to scale with your progress (at least in a open world game).

Yeah, I was just thinking earlier about how fantastically designed Mira is since terms of having plenty of hidden little spots, and a wide variety of enemy types and levels throughout the entire world, so that the game is really about continually going out and making progress in the world overall, as opposed to just slowly working your way from low-level zones to high-level ones.

hey guys, is there a smart/easy place to get research drones? I'm locked into this dumb affinity quest and have been searching for hours trying to find one without any luck.

Silly question, but as long as I have the data packs installed the game will use them, right? Since there's no feedback in the game to know about this.

Daknight

I'm 25 hours in and I just finished chapter 4. I'm taking my time exploring the world, doing sidequests... what a great game, I'm really enjoying it.

And yes, I also get this feeling that there's so much I still have to learn about the mechanics. As you can see from my previous post, it took me 25 hours to learn how to properly change targets in battle! I mean, that's pretty basic knowledge, right?

There are other basic aspects that I only get after many hours. I guess that's the way the game is designed, and I love it, because it makes the game feel constantly fresh.

I am loving the exploration. I did read the manual, but still finding changing targets a bit tricky *lol* If it wasn't for the tyrant fight I wouldn't have known about Art upgrade (and skills upgrade xP). I am slowly learning what all the symbols mean in the weapon/armor section. I am glad is not hand-feed to you as it makes learning and finding things a more 'rewarding' experience, giving that 'AH! I didn't know that' feeling. I am really glad not every high level monster is out to get me.

Had fun trying to find a comm for Conner I believe, since is sitting in front of two high level monster. The approach, getting the item and then running away felt great xP Tricky since you have to get the item before the monster notice or you won't be able to pick it up.

So after a few retires, I auto-equipped my team to their strongest armor and beat the bosses of Chapter 5 (Level 20).

And then... yeah. That happened. That all happened!

NA48

Neo Member
Had fun trying to find a comm for Conner I believe, since is sitting in front of two high level monster. The approach, getting the item and then running away felt great xP Tricky since you have to get the item before the monster notice or you won't be able to pick it up.

Ugh, I've been struggling with that for a few minutes now.

How do you get it without them noticing? Do they ever sleep?

I'm level 35 and on chapter 10...I feel a bit under leveled when reading some of the posts from you guys! Any good enemies to grind against?

Is there :

- any place where I can buy probes ?
- Any way to remove things like "PV+II" from a item to put it in another ?
- Any way to change y character voice ?

Thanks !

aravuus

Wish I could stop the in-game clock. I've left the game idle a lot so it stands at 71 hours now, which is obviously a lot more than my actual gametime.

I think I've been playing for maybe 30 hours now, didn't really do much else during the weekend lol

Do dead party members still get XP? When I try to lvl up some low lvl guys they always die first.

Yep. Thank god they do.

While it's no "You Will Know Our Names," I absolutely adore "Uncontrollable" when it kicks in facing a Tyrant. Get dat animu hype.
Different taste and musical sound. You Will Know Our Names has a "hurry up" constant heavy, electric guitar sound to it with urgency popping up at the climax at the end. Uncontrollabe is more like dark, journey music suitable for anime that climaxes with people sounding like they don't know how things are going to end

I love them both, but maybe the first more because I spent a good chunk of 170 hours hearing it

Klyka

Banned
Well like...I mean I'm coming across areas where I'm supposed to be able to go and then lv. 40 monsters appear randomly and en mass so I have to either stop and find another way around OR tip toe around them. I feel like the game is asking me to go anywhere I can then proceeds to say 'no, you can't do that yet.' I know XC did it, but not to the degree I'm seeing here. In that game, they felt pretty special and significant while here it's like 'lv.11 of X' are next to lv. 40 of the same. They don't look any different, just hit harder.

No, the game is asking you to feel weak and vulnerable in an alien world you know nothing about that you are slowly exploring.

The game is asking you to go to places that you need to sneak into or otherwise you get eaten by horrible monsters.

It's actually one of the best designed things in the game because it keeps the exploration authentic and exciting instead of playing "Must be this large to enter" signs on entire regions.

Daknight

Ugh, I've been struggling with that for a few minutes now.

How do you get it without them noticing? Do they ever sleep?

I jump from the back using the stone side of the cliff...then ran as fast to the red piece before it notices me. Took me a few tries, had to jump away from them when it did notice me.

If you try to approach going up the hill is impossible, best is to use the cliff backside to jump up and go the item as fast as possible. Is doable, but it might take a few tries, since each time it notice you it chances position a bit.

aravuus

Oh cool, the mission computer updates every time you check it. Looks like I can insta-finish 1-5 gathering quests every time I open the computer cause I've got so many collectables already.

Has anyone figured out a trick or the best way to get research probes? xD

Would love to know this too

So many mining probes

SO few research probes

Kinsei

Banned
Oh cool, the mission computer updates every time you check it. Looks like I can insta-finish 1-5 gathering quests every time I open the computer cause I've got so many collectables already.

This has me wondering if the computer missions are finite or if I'm wasting my time trying to do them all.

Raide

Good god this game is frustrating in parts. You think you're making progress in the story and then it utterly cockblocks you by telling you to do all this other stuff before you can carry on. Don't show it on the screen if I cannot do it yet! Just flow the damn story better.

Daknight

No, the game is asking you to feel weak and vulnerable in an alien world you know nothing about that you are slowly exploring.

The game is asking you to go to places that you need to sneak into or otherwise you get eaten by horrible monsters.

It's actually one of the best designed things in the game because it keeps the exploration authentic and exciting instead of playing "Must be this large to enter" signs on entire regions.

Agreed, also the fun of 'Will it attack me if I am near...oh it ignores me! Saved!'. Had that moment when one of the probe area was surrounded by various Lv. 40 monsters. Makes you stay and glance at the spot, wondering if you could ever make it...then you take the risk and reap the reward with a sigh of relief that the monsters aren't out to get you the moment you are near xP

Daknight

Good god this game is frustrating in parts. You think you're making progress in the story and then it utterly cockblocks you by telling you to do all this other stuff before you can carry on. Don't show it on the screen if I cannot do it yet! Just flow the damn story better.

I agreed, though I see the need for them to show it so you can somewhat know what you need to access this mission.

B_Bech

Just bought this game yesterday, and I'm going in blind (media blackout). Anything I should know before diving in? I can't remember the last time I've been this excited going into a game.

My NNID is B_Bech.

Just bought this game yesterday and I'm going in blind (media blackout). Anything I should know before going in? I can't remember the last time I've been this excited going into a game.

My NNID is B_Bech.
The OP has some good, spoiler free material

But ultimately just have fun! No rush

LProtag

Uncontrollable was almost good. Then there's the portion of the song where both singers sing a different chorus loudly at the same time, ON TOP of all the dialogue being shout out on the battle. What were they thinking.

The Prone battle theme is easily the best battle music in the game.

No way, the part with the counter-melody is so good. My favorite part of the song.

Raide

I agreed, though I see the need for them to show it so you can somewhat know what you need to access this mission.

Just tag missions onto the story missions so they flow into the next. Not rocket science. The fact I have to wander around the world trying to figure out where this named quest appears, is super frustrating.

A solid 8/10 game for me so far. The music clashing never stops annoying me though.

Just bought this game yesterday, and I'm going in blind (media blackout). Anything I should know before diving in? I can't remember the last time I've been this excited going into a game.

My NNID is B_Bech.

Read the manual...all of it!

Got this game yesterday. Oh boy, it is breathtaking.

9Y05EM2.jpg

jorgejjvr

Would love to know this too

So many mining probes

SO few research probes
Yeah... Too many mining indeed

Need some research!!

aravuus

My NNID is B_Bech.

Well, a lot, to be honest. It's a complex game that has a stupidly high amount of various systems that it either never explains or barely explains in-game.

Glance through the manual after the opening scenes, and don't be afraid to ask here if you've got any questions!

Daknight

Just tag missions onto the story missions so they flow into the next. Not rocket science. The fact I have to wander around the world trying to figure out where this named quest appears, is super frustrating.

A solid 8/10 game for me so far. The music clashing never stops annoying me though.

Read the manual...all of it!

Agreed that flowing into story missions might be easier. They should had simply done the whole 15% exploration as a 'story mission' along with the other requirements to flow better now that you mention it.

hoserx

Well put, I totally agree with it. I love how much "stealth" I am using in XBX as compared to XB or other mmo style worlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom