• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

Anyone else have problems installing the load fast packs? I have been trying for over 2 hours to download them and my system keeps fighting me. One time the USB is full so the wiiu is trying to send it there, then I move all the shit to the system and now it wants to install on the system not the USB. Is there a way to force it to install on the empty spot when I move things. Basically I move the games I have installed (and it takes forever) then the install wants to use the opposite one that has all the stuff on it each time.

Maybe this can help you ?
http://en-americas-support.nintendo...-to-and-from-a-single-external-storage-device

Sorry if it isnt what you were looking for.

tizaffy

Neo Member
is there anyway to "undo" selecing to lower the difficulty of the fight. selected it by accident and now the boss is lvl 14 not 19 :/

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
It's so easy to plant probes using flying Skells. Feels like you've achieved something after hours of play. Maxed out Primordia, Noctilum and Oblivia. Won't do the main missions until I'm level 50 + and have tons of resources.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I like some of the enemy ambushes when they're clever. This isn't really a spoiler but I'll tag it so I don't ruin the surprise for anyone.
I was exploring a cave full of enemies that were 20 levels higher than me and I saw a little hole with a sort of den that had wreckage in it. I went in and it was like level 5 mechanical so I couldn't get the treasure. When I left the cave three giant squirrel things ambushed me on the exit which explains the wreckage in there.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Holy crap, just found the demon lobster collectible hunt.

This may be worse than pigeon-hunting in GTA4...

Haunted

In Noctilum I ran into some wreckage that looked odd in the middle of a lake. Swam up and it springs to life as a level 60 tyrant. Quite the "oh shit" moment.
Oh yeah, that was awesome.

I know it's not to everyone's tastes, but I really love tip toeing around big powerful enemies in areas I'm probably not really supposed to be in but the game lets me do it anyway.

Did a daredevil jump into a pit full of lvl55+ enemies in Oblivia (at lvl 20) and spam installed that data probe seconds before they one shotted me. :lol good times

Jobbs

Banned
Read section 28 of the manual (page 79 of the PDF). While I'd say go for the one with your favorite recomended activities my understanding is the bonuses for the activities are fairly poorly balanced so you want one whose activities are frequent as having higher a high BLADE level sooner makes exploration more enjoyable (you want mechanical level 4 ASAP so you can avoid being locked out of a data probe spot due to not having the mechanical level to deploy...especially annoying when you sneak past a load of touch enemies).

How do I get mechanical level ups?

What I tend to do in these games, and indeed what I'm already doing in the first few hours of this game, is frequently space out and just wander around killing things and picking up whatever things I find. I am a "space out" gamer, especially when the game design supports this tendency.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So before I start fucking around too much with this machine, quick clarifications: if someone runs out of fuel, they'll just jump out of the skell, right? And fuel replenishes slowly when I'm out of the skell? Or do I have to refuel them in the barracks every time?

And about dying. I only need to take care of my OWN skell, right? Three "free" deaths, then I gotta buy a new skell? What happens if a party members skell gets destroyed? Do they get replaced for free forever?

e: also I equipped my skells with BIG ASS LASER SWORDS, how the hell do I use them?
You can do some side missions to get probes that replenish your fuel faster. One probe is enough for an entire area. For example you can just park your Skell in Primordia with that probe active and your fuel will replenish faster. I have not tried using multiple probes since I had only one. You can also refuel them in the barracks using Miranium.

Everyone gets three free Skells that are replaced by insurance if one dies. After that you have to pay around 90k to salvage it. You can see the insurance counter in the barracks.

Also re: swords, you can use them just like you would use any equipped art.

Jolkien

What I tend to do in these games, and indeed what I'm already doing in the first few hours of this game, is frequently space out and just wander around killing things and picking up whatever things I find. I am a "space out" gamer, especially when the game design supports this tendency.

Each time you get a BLADE level you can talk to Eleonora (sp?) near the main terminal where you accept basic quest. You can level it there. I suggest you level it to 4 ASAP.

Stuck in the "Friend in Need" quest trying to kill the boss (Level 20).

I guess I'm grinding for a while.

EDIT: Going to do NeonZ's suggestion... after I get some sleep.

aravuus

If your skell dies, you have a chance to eject basically with the QTE, if you perfect it it doesn't eat an insurance use. As far as I can tell the AI always perfect ejects. No idea about fuel though, I've never come close to running out to see.

Each weapon you add should just art the art to your skill bar for it.

So more or less like I suspected - thanks!

I'm gonna do most fights still on foot for now, though. Unless it's a massive enemy, my character by himself is probably stronger than he would be in a medium skell.

Anyway, might as well do a couple of story missions one after the other, pick up the pace a bit.

You can do some side missions to get probes that replenish your fuel faster. One probe is enough for an entire area. For example you can just park your Skell in Primordia with that probe active and your fuel will replenish faster. I have not tried using multiple probes since I had only one. You can also refuel them in the barracks using Miranium.

Everyone gets three free Skells that are replaced by insurance if one dies. After that you have to pay around 90k to salvage it. You can see the insurance counter in the barracks.

Also re: swords, you can use them just like you would use any equipped art.

And thanks to you too! Really helpful stuff

This game is pretty good.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01cskg6.jpg

Alrus

Is there a way to know what augments do without being able to craft them (like on gear in the shop)? That seems like such a dumb oversight considering it was possible to check that kind of stuff in Xenoblade.

tizaffy

Neo Member
Stuck in the "Friend in Need" quest trying to kill the boss (Level 20).

I guess I'm grinding for a while.

get around the back of him. while the rest are at the front. seems to limit how many times he does the retarded 2k jump in the air move. i was 22 and it was a struggle so prob best levelling to 23 ish.

TunaLover

I'm sure somebody mentioned it in this thread. I only have a stereo setup so I can't verify.

Edit: Ok, this says it has 5.1 stereo, what the heck is that? It's either stereo or multi channel.
It could be emulated surround but the source still stereo, like DPII, which would sucks in 2015, the hell Monolith :/

Percy

Banned
Welp, started The Repair Job affinity quest right after chapter 3, so I'm seemingly now stuck with no way to progress.

Starting to see why some people were so pissed off with this game :(

Brandon F

You need to improve your Blade rank in order to level up Mechanics/Biological/Archaeological discoveries. You choose a new rank with each Blade increase by talking to the NPC standing next to the quest board.

Definitely focus on Mechanical first in order to not be locked out of data probe installations giving you map info/fast travel points. The other two can come later. You can check your Blade rank at the bottom of the screen in the pause menu. Each new Blade rank gives you the choice to upgrade one of the three from the NPC.

Clawww

this game's really clicking for me, honestly. I had low/moderate expectations for how much I might dig the story or combats based on impressions I read, but they're both excellent. BLADE is really fleshed out and full of characters and dilemmas; I'm really surprised by how decent and even funny the writing/localization is. BLADE's objectives are also really sensible and it's pretty much a perfect conceit for RPG class/character mechanics (I really loved that cutscene where the divisions are broken down; I had a hard time choosing because they all seemed like things I wanted to do and equally important/interesting). everything always ties back into the world in brilliant ways, too. I love that there are so many natural setpieces in the game, which work out nicely for both missions and random exploration: it's a good feeling becoming familiar with landmarks and cool spots by randomly exploring and then seeing/traversing the place again as you go about the missions. the sense of growing familiarity with such a vast world is remarkable, and I'm just getting comfortable in noctilum, without a freaking skell. like, there are so many specific places I want to return to with flight already. it's crazy that I'm finding the urge to simply know the world so compelling.

I dunno, it's hard to articulate everything, but there's just an amazing level of overall cohesion to everything.

Alrus

Welp, started The Repair Job affinity quest right after chapter 3, so I'm seemingly now stuck with no way to progress.

Where in that quest are you stuck? If you can't find the mats because their drop rate is shitty, you can always get them in exchange for squad tickets in the barracks. Also I think reclaimers or curators get a bonus with monster drops rate.

Forkball

How do I get to Noctilum for the A New Rival quest? I tried to swim but there doesn't seem to be an entrance or clear path.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
How do I get to Noctilum for the A New Rival quest? I tried to swim but there doesn't seem to be an entrance or clear path.
Go to the upper left corner of Primordia near the probe and voila the entrance to Noctilum will be right there.

Edit:

CVtqFTYVAAIJa8c.jpg:large

Brandon F

It's annoying for sure, but the NorthEast section of Primordia has a few data probe spots that deliver the materials(every 30 minutes of real time) you would need for one part of the quest. Link and chain mining probes to include them for greater chance of getting several passively. I hadn't discovered those data probe spots yet when I took on the quest, so it was an extra pain figuring out where to get them.

The other two objectives are less annoying, one can be purchased somewhat cheaply from the Blade Barracks terminal with online tickets if you wish not to grind for them.

It is a weird placement and progression decision to have available as likely everyone's first affinity quest given the stringent requirements. So many other affinity quests have less demanding requirements.

jorgejjvr

It's kind of cold and rainy here

Makes me want to be all cozy in my bed with my gamepad and xenoblade xD

Instead I'm at work -.- lol

Jobbs

Banned
I changed to Enforcer as soon as I could, because I like that the menus suggest it's for advanced players -- Also because I want to get the next class and use chaos launchers because that sounds cool.

TunaLover

Maybe they couldn't fit true 5.1 on the disc? No idea.
Maybe, but then again I don't think Nintendo would use just a raw .wav audio file, (for example size between ogg/wav is considerable, and there's not audio fidelity loss) they have their own audio format that I would think have some way of compression. My game probably arrives today, will check it out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
waiting on some electric tentacle drop from a flying thing in Primordia. For an affinity quest that I think is for Mustache Man. Drop you son of a bitch.

Robin64

waiting on some electric tentacle drop from a flying thing in Primordia. For an affinity quest that I think is for Mustache Man. Drop you son of a bitch.

Have you checked that the squad computer doesn't sell these? I saw people groaning about grinding for tubes for a Repair mission, but they could just be purchased.

Chaos17

I'm a big World of Wacraft fan, will I like this game?

Or will it feel like an MMO without people to me?

Helloooo <3

Ex WoW fan here, that game has a lot of mechanics that any rpg fan will like but it will take some patience from you to try to learn since it won't hold your hand and you will have actually to search infos either in the manual or in the wiki or here.

Almost all loots have a purpose and it's a great world to explore (Mist of Pandaria feeling when you found a cave in a cliff for example).

Dificulty wise, depending how yu play it can be close to Burning crusade, since meeting elite big bad ass monster won't be rare. The progression won't be like in an mmorpg though.

Can someone help a bro out and give me a link to somewhere that explains the class's, ranks and skills please?

Thanks in advance.

Did you checked the manual ? If yes and still didn't find an answer here're some usefull links to check :
http://xenoblade.wikia.com/wiki/Xenoblade_Chronicles_X
https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.com/category/faq/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom