• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

nakedeyes

Banned
I've killed at least 50 brass suids and I still don't have the suid fillet I need for the Suid Sirloin quest. Is it just an absurdly low drop rate, or is there something else you have to do to get the fillet?
Wow bummer! I did that quest last night and it dropped on the first brass suid I encountered. I did have the mission selected and what not ( not sure if that matters ).

It gotta either just be a low drop rate, or you must have to hit a certain appendage?

Dineren

Banned
went with interceptors as my first division

so, does it behoove you to ever change divisions? i assume they have their own quests and whatnot?

If you're doing an activity that nets a bigger bonus with a different division it might be worth it to change (though it isn't free). I haven't heard of division specific quests. It seems like it is mainly just a way to grant minor bonuses.

sora87

If you wipe on a boss several times, I think it lets you lower their level to make the fight easier. Might just do that?

Well hopefully that happens soon. Dunno why games like this just don't have difficulty options in the first place.

sensui-tomo

just wondering, how long does it take to get minerals from the probes? It seems like FF8 with getting money being at random intervals, just wondering since i saw something that it also raises Reclaimers level so i thought i'd do that. I am aware that you need the game running and not on a pause menu.

aravuus

On another note, booming business side quest opens up important functionality, so I'd recommend doing it asap, although maybe not immediately since first goal is to survey 30% of Oblivia

Where the hell did you find those sludge caecuses?

e: someone asked it already i see

NotLiquid

I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out what Squad I should go with. I thought that Friends' Squads would give me a little more control over what I choose to go with but supposedly that just groups me into whatever they chose. A friend of mine suggested I go with Conquest, presumably cause that gives the most benefits. Is that the best way to go?

Baliis

just wondering, how long does it take to get minerals from the probes? It seems like FF8 with getting money being at random intervals, just wondering since i saw something that it also raises Reclaimers level so i thought i'd do that. I am aware that you need the game running and not on a pause menu.

There's something more to it than just time or being active, idk what though. There was a reddit post of someone rubber banding their stick down so that they ran in circles over night, but they still didn't get any ticks.

Money is every 30 minutes as long as your game is active. Aka the screen doesn't turn off and you aren't in a menu that doesn't allow you to walk.

Edit:I've been getting it every 30 minutes by occasionally touching the move joystick to move and checking pause when I think it's close.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Well hopefully that happens soon. Dunno why games like this just don't have difficulty options in the first place.

Im torn. On one hand it's annoying to get stuck in a mission while underleveled.

That said... when it's happened to me it's forced me to be creative with stealth and strategy.

This games level steepness is steep but at least more forgiving than xenoblade. What i mean by this is that enemies a few levels up are pretty much impossible while lower level enemies are a joke. When preparing for a tough battle, optimize your gear and arts and skills.

daydream

Banned
The Division you chose just sets the primary way you earn your Blade levels (e.g. Interceptors get their blade XP by killing monsters around the world) and the type of buff you give to Squads. You can change it any time in the Blade barracks for money. Just choose any you like. some might be a bit faster to level up, but I don't think it matters that much at the end.

If you're doing an activity that nets a bigger bonus with a different division it might be worth it to change (though it isn't free). I haven't heard of division specific quests. It seems like it is mainly just a way to grant minor bonuses.

gotcha, guess i'm not gonna be switching much then. thanks!

R.D.Blax

I've killed at least 50 brass suids and I still don't have the suid fillet I need for the Suid Sirloin quest. Is it just an absurdly low drop rate, or is there something else you have to do to get the fillet?

If you had some reward ticket you can buy the drop in the blade console at your barracks

gotcha, guess i'm not gonna be switching much then. thanks!
As someone who did a lot of basic missions the best are probably the kill monster quests so either interceptors or barriers. A lot of the other missions of gathering items/scavenging certain parts from enemies are a pain in the ass since they depend rng or are too specific on time.

Sylas

I'm having a little bit of trouble figuring out what Squad I should go with. I thought that Friends' Squads would give me a little more control over what I choose to go with but supposedly that just groups me into whatever they chose. A friend of mine suggested I go with Conquest, presumably cause that gives the most benefits. Is that the best way to go?

You can switch squads freely and on the fly through the social menu ingame.

Also, am I the only one that absolutely lost their shit at the Skell battle theme? It's Knuckles Rap-tier. Which is to say, I love it because it's so bad but catchy.

My least favorite part about combat is when you're fighting one specific enemy but one of your teammates has some skill or weapon that aggroes people in a certain radius. Which sucks when you're fighting tough enemies and more of those enemies join the fight

I absolutely adore running around at the speed of sound leaping 50 yalms through the air like a superhuman. I just run and collect random bugs and shit all day. Maybe I'm easily entertained but I love the huge movement capabilities. Saves me from being bored traveling like in many other open worlds.

So we all know Uncontrollable is the regular tyrant theme, but what's the name of the track that plays against
Telethia, the Endbringer and Pharsis, the Everqueen
?

k1t4j

I went with the Prospectors, I get BLADE points for every Blue item I pick up in the field. Let me tell you it might not look like much at first but the points just rack up.

I think I got 5 BLADE ranks in maybe 5h by just picking up all the blue items I see when I am out and about in side quests or exploring :)

Also 22hours in and I just found out how you can upgrade your Arts.....good stuff :D

jmizzal

After. You have to complete a series of 8 quests to get your license, but it only took me about an hour total to get everything done once I cleared chapter 6.

after it, + 8 mission (one of them could take hours+ depending on RNG)

Ok thanks, I only gotta get 4 more % of one area and do that infinity quest to open chapter 6.

So i'm almost there, i'm almost level 20, I hope thats good enough for those missions

Eusis

What in the fuck.

The USB drive soundtrack is an exe? It crashed my surface twice before I got it to open in file explorer and it uses some weird as program to be able to select them to be played. I can't even remove the wav files from this program.

Someone tell me what I'm doing g wrong and how to get these on my phone.
I was tempted to get the SE when I saw it on shelf despite tight finances, until I saw that it required Windows and I looked into it.

Yeah, I'd rather just wait and get the game at a good time and import the OST later. Fuck giving the soundtrack SAMPLE that way. I want to take it and put it on my phone, not use a USB dongle that'll fuck up my computer in the name of protecting a small handful of tracks only to harm costumes while pirates would've had the whole OST for months now.

Sylas

Ok thanks, I only gotta get 4 more % of one area and do that infinity quest to open chapter 6.

So i'm almost there, i'm almost level 20, I hope thats good enough for those missions

I was level 27-28 when I did chapter 6. You might wanna try and level up a bit!

I'm not really desperate to gain affinity now, but what is the most efficient/easiest/quickest way to increase affinity with other characters? In Xenoblade, there were a few spots where you could get your party to be in a near constant state of debuffed/sleep so you could go over and "encourage" them or wake them up to gain hearts, but how about here?

The absolute worst thing about this game besides the CAN'T HEAR YOU song is that the default position when pausing a cutscene is skip. I've missed two cutscenes already by pausing a cutscene and coming back and absentmindedly pressing A. Fuckin aggravating.

sora87

Im torn. On one hand it's annoying to get stuck in a mission while underleveled.

That said... when it's happened to me it's forced me to be creative with stealth and strategy.

This games level steepness is steep but at least more forgiving than xenoblade. What i mean by this is that enemies a few levels up are pretty much impossible while lower level enemies are a joke. When preparing for a tough battle, optimize your gear and arts and skills.

It is pretty strange, I've found enemies are either a push over or one shot you, there's hardly any in between. It doesn't help some are like 20-30 levels above you in places you're doing early missions. Hopefully it evens out later on.

Screenshots from yesterday:

UHq7myC.jpg

dubq

Unfortunaly no.
Same with the text size :(

D'oh! Text size was my next issue. Patch plz! ;)

Unfortunately there isn't. If I have one complaint so far it's that some cutscenes have audio balance way off. Weirdly, I mostly find this happening in the scenes where you get a mission briefing at that table in the barracks where you just want to hear what they're saying and the music isn't really adding very much to it.

This is the exact situation that made me post that original query. I was in there talking to Nagi and I'm like, "what, what did you say? 1-2-3-4?! No??" >_>

finalflame

My least favorite part about combat is when you're fighting one specific enemy but one of your teammates has some skill or weapon that aggroes people in a certain radius. Which sucks when you're fighting tough enemies and more of those enemies join the fight

I usually just "bait" the enemy by initiating battle with my rifle then retreat to a safe area wihile using R+D-Pad Down to order my party to aggregate and hold fire, and let loose with R+D-Pad Up in a nice isolated area with no enemies.

It's not fool-proof, but it works better than fighting them around lots of other enemies.

Anyways, can someone answer in a spoiler quote if there are other major settlements/cities beyond NLA? Don't want specifics, just wanna know yes or no :)

Golnei

I'm not really desperate to gain affinity now, but what is the most efficient/easiest/quickest way to increase affinity with other characters? In Xenoblade, there were a few spots where you could get your party to be in a near constant state of debuffed/sleep so you could go over and "encourage" them or wake them up to gain hearts, but how about here?

The removal of item gifting also doesn't help in that regard. I wanted to give HB an egg...

daydream

Banned
gonna have to dig into the frontiernav stuff, there's a lot going on there and i'm mining resources all of a sudden (from the probes, i'm guessing?)

the manual is pretty decent at explaining stuff but also kinda clumsy

edit: wait, i can change probes from the gamepad? wut

Sylas

It is pretty strange, I've found enemies are either a push over or one shot you, there's hardly any in between. It doesn't help some are like 20-30 levels above you in places you're doing early missions. Hopefully it evens out later on.

I'm about 30 hours in and I've found that once you get going you can find encounters that are fairly tough but certainly doable. The early game is definitely in that push over or one shot realm, but I think the mid-game is a lot better about balancing out.

I absolutely love tense tyrant fights in this game.

Reminds me of the time I was doing an affinity mission and fighting level 26ish enemies when my team was just suddenly dead. Turns out I'd accidentally aggroed a random flying enemy who was just sitting around right overhead when I used an aoe skill

Cirdan

Neo Member
Well that's new.. was just off minding my own business fighting a group trash mobs when I suddenly notice a shadow cast over all of the battlefield. I switch my camera angle thinking that here comes the hurt any moment now, but turns out it was just the tail of a level 52 beast who had turned in the field. Thankfully didn't aggro him accidentally or something like that.

Starting to get the ropes on the combat. Or well at least I haven't been getting my ass kicked. Yet.

Guys, the Brainjack art is amaaaaaazing! It's so much fun to pick a fight with a group of monsters and command one of them to attack the others!

It's particularly great when they are different species with different sizes:

tumblr_nz1tm8UdjB1up93fko1_1280.jpg

This one was even better:

tumblr_nz1ubt9KV21up93fko1_1280.jpg

The poor Sea Forfex had no chance against my raygun and the Duoguill's big, flashy attack. This game is the coolest thing ever!

It's one of my favourite tracks in the game - even with the vocals - but whenever I hear it, I expect it to go off into the first Xenoblade's title theme when the flutes come in. They'd go together perfectly.

Hmm.. interesting idea. Let's see what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom