• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues1990

Funny you mentioned the BLADES Barracks interior theme, I was just sitting back listening to it when I read this. It's pretty pleasant. I don't necessarily dislike the Primordia theme, but I guess I can't help but compare it to Gaur Plains and it's just not as good to me.

The localization so far hasn't bothered me, other than Tatsu being, indeed, pretty annoying. I liked the Nopons in XC better by a mile. I do hope we come across another colony of Nopons that's as magical as the one in XC.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, though. I realize while I'm typing this that it took me roughly ~15 hours to really sink myself into XC (because at first lots of the systems were confusing), and I'm still only 12 hours into XCX. Things are progressively feeling better, but, it will probably be to my benefit to not try to compare this game to the original every step of the way.

No problem, man. XCX is a different beast of it's own, but I'm sure you'll find your footing with it as you progress through the game. (Getting a license to pilot a Skell is such a rewarding experience, if you ask me.) And, to be honest, it had taken me 30 odd hours before I could get into the original Xenoblade Chronicles, so it's a plus that I was able to get myself engrossed into XCX in a third of that time.

I think they got a solid cast of voice actors and actresses for the game, including getting Mary Elizabeth McGlynn as one of the selectable voices for the female avatar. Caitlin Glass voicing Elma is also great, as I was first exposed to her voice work with helming Winry Rockbell in the English dub of FMA: Brotherhood & it's OVA. (She also voices Cammy in Street Fighter IV & Street Fighter V, if I'm not mistaken. )

Spoilers:
You will actually encounter a couple of colonies of Nopons in the game; one is a group of traveling merchants & another that houses Tatsu's extended family.They actually scold him for being such a flake, which is great if you hate the chunky loud mouth.

Welp, started The Repair Job affinity quest right after chapter 3, so I'm seemingly now stuck with no way to progress.

Starting to see why some people were so pissed off with this game :(

Took me about 2 hours to finish this quest (along with some random quests). The energy item is actually quite easy to get, just make sure to break both arms of the robot enemies. The AiR item is a dime a dozen in the new map. Waiting for the data probes to mine the correct item was what I spent the most time on.

jorgejjvr

For those having problems

Here is how you can get your Special Edition music anywhere

it is using Z-zip

1)

image.png

2)

image.png

How do you get them off the drive? Dumb question I know, but they seem stuck there.
This is how you get them off the drive, with 7 zip. You go to that directory on the drive, and copy them using 7 zip.

Then you can simply convert to mp3 since it's more convenient

This is on page 28 of this thread

zroid

Banned
I used my first two field skill levels to go Mechanical level 3

what should I do next? I found a mechanical level 4 treasure recently so I'm tempted to just go that route haha. Might be smarter to upgrade one of the others to level 2 though. Which one?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Have you checked that the squad computer doesn't sell these? I saw people groaning about grinding for tubes for a Repair mission, but they could just be purchased.

Yeah, I remember that being there, but didn't think to check. Stingy and stubborn, wanting it to drop, but hey, spent an hour driving around in the mech, picking up tons of items that'll get used eventually, I'm sure.

what should I do next? I found a mechanical level 4 treasure recently so I'm tempted to just go that route haha. Might be smarter to upgrade one of the others to level 2 though. Which one?

Everyone says to complete level up mechanical first. That's what I am doing and it helps with probes.

TunaLover

So it mean that back speaker play the same thing that front, right?
That's what I want to know... I don't have the game yet, probably arrives today. Original Xenoblade hadn't surround sound either (no DPII surround support) rear speakers just duplicate sound from front ones, yeah :/

Mendrox

Get mechanical level 4

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Three is fine. Go for the Archeological skill if you want or you can just max out the Mechanical skill for now.

Mupod

I'd definitely recommend mechanical level 4 ASAP. Level 4 field items are rare but not THAT rare and they have awesome stuff in 'em. I've found more level 4 mechanical than I have level 2 archaeological, and one of them is right in front of the administrative building!

zroid

Banned
Has anyone tried switching to Elma to use her shadowrunner ability for navigating through tricky areas with high level enemies? Does it make a significant difference? I only found out you could do this recently and haven't tried it yet.

Interesting... I have Shadowrunner on my own character so I might try that anyways next time.

NA48

Neo Member
How do I get to Noctilum for the A New Rival quest? I tried to swim but there doesn't seem to be an entrance or clear path.

Oh man, I did the same while doing the "Survey Primordia" quests ...

-- Find beach.
-- Decide that swimming around the coast to the next beach would be clever.
-- Never stop swimming.
-- End up fast travelling back to some distant probe site.
-- Sigh.

You can get there if you kind of aim for the high ground and keep going up while aiming NW, rather than going towards the coastal side. There's a rather narrow way in, full of plants ... look for the Primordia Greenhold or something like that.

Credo

I've killed at least 50 brass suids and I still don't have the suid fillet I need for the Suid Sirloin quest. Is it just an absurdly low drop rate, or is there something else you have to do to get the fillet?

zroid

Banned
I've killed at least 50 brass suids and I still don't have the suid fillet I need for the Suid Sirloin quest. Is it just an absurdly low drop rate, or is there something else you have to do to get the fillet?

I forget exactly, but I think I found it on a Femina Suid. You might need to target the right appendage.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
You know what makes a noise that terrifies me every time? Those giant scorpion things in Oblivia that blend in to the rock until you get close.

Venfayth

Could you buy it with reward tickets?

Fandangox

No way, the part with the counter-melody is so good. My favorite part of the song.

I just think it would be so much better if they each had their chorus separated, it just feels dumb, when they both stop singing at the same time and the woman sings again by herself the songs bets much better, but even then its just sort of jarring anyways with the characters constantly shouting different stuff during battle. Lyric battles work on Persona or TWEWY because those character's only shout when attacking or someone's knocked, which is far less often.

tizaffy

Neo Member
I dont know if this is old news or what but there seems to secret missions hidden WITHIN squad missions.

So basically i selected a squad mission to do with my party. the objective was to kill 3 giant lvl 18 dinasaur things. but there was 4 enemies on the map. i went to see what the 4th was and it was a random little bug. so i killed it anyway for fun and a message popped up "New mission activated"

so i complete the squad mission, go back to the hub and there is a new mission. I do the new mission and i get some unique ore that is used in crafting and augments!

i love this game :D

aravuus

So do skells scale with your characters level at all? As in, is the same skell stronger for a level 50 character than it would be for a level 30 one?

Hey guys I need some help with Hope second affinity mission
I need to find a report on missing BLADE members in the commercial district, but after a whole hour running around I still didn't find anyone talking about it. What am I doing wrong ?

edit :
I did find someone talking about a missing guy who went with a woman from BLADE, but it didn't trigger the rest of the mission, please don't tell me i'm stuck on an affinity mission

eXistor

I'm loving it so far, I've put about 16 hours into it now and barely scratched the surface. I hope fatigue doesn't set in like it did with Xenoblade 1, but I've made a conscious decision to not do all meaningless fetch-quests. I'm still completely at awe with the scale and presentation of the world, it just looks so epic and adventurous, I love it.

Vena

So do skells scale with your characters level at all? As in, is the same skell stronger for a level 50 character than it would be for a level 30 one?

No. Skells are fixed and are limited by their Frame level (which defines what gear they can equip).

You will become more powerful than your Skell (not sure how the super cheese character builds compare to a Galactic Knight + Skell combo) eventually with the right build, but certain late-game superbosses cannot be fought without a Skell.

daydream

Banned
went with interceptors as my first division

so, does it behoove you to ever change divisions? i assume they have their own quests and whatnot?

dubq

Don't get me wrong, I like the music, but.. is there a way to lower its volume? Sometimes it overpowers the voice acting and it's super annoying. I know there are subtitles but I shouldn't be forced to use them in order to hear dialogue.

Durden77

If there's anything keeping me back from playing this game, it's this OT's title.

It's like the ugliest thing on the front page.

It ruined video games.

I noticed some NPCs have the same class as others, but with an additional "+" next to it. Does this mean their version of the class is objectively superior or anything?

Chaos17

Allright, time to play for me!

Don't get me wrong, I like the music, but.. is there a way to lower its volume? Sometimes it overpowers the voice acting and it's super annoying. I know there are subtitles but I shouldn't be forced to use them in order to hear dialogue.

Unfortunaly no.
Same with the text size :(

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Unfortunately there isn't. If I have one complaint so far it's that some cutscenes have audio balance way off. Weirdly, I mostly find this happening in the scenes where you get a mission briefing at that table in the barracks where you just want to hear what they're saying and the music isn't really adding very much to it.

On another note, booming business side quest opens up important functionality, so I'd recommend doing it asap, although maybe not immediately since first goal is to survey 30% of Oblivia

Baliis

On another note, booming business side quest opens up important functionality, so I'd recommend doing it asap, although maybe not immediately since first goal is to survey 30% of Oblivia

Oh? Do you know where the mobs are for the Noctilum item? I'm still missing those.

sora87

This
goatia
fight is impossible,
everyone's dead before she's even below half way hp.
Enemies are giving low exp so grinding is gonna take forever. Is this how it always is? I dunno if I can be bothered :/
Yes all my arts etc. are leveled up

My complaints so far:

- It's kinda hard to target different parts of the enemy's body, not so much when the enemy is big, but for human sized enemies it's a pain in the ass, especially because I like to focus on doing appendage damage

- Natives don't have their own town

- I have found a few caves but they are all so small... I miss the big caves in Xenoblade

- Music can be a bit too loud and off putting during some of the cutscenes

Overall, the game is amazing and I can't stop playing it. Xenoblade X has my favorite battle system of all JRPGs.

Sammy Critics: 9/10

Oh and I just finished Chapter 5, good stuff.
Getting to the third turret was very challenging, but the boss fight against those 3 robots was very easy. And no, I'm not overpowered, I'm still level 20.

Renewed

I'm going to start taking my time to do more Affinity and Normal quests I've put aside, although I fear I'll get overleveled. Only at 32 though.

Wow, whoever put that together must have had a lot of time on their hands.

LOL, it all comes back around in the end

I noticed some NPCs have the same class as others, but with an additional "+" next to it. Does this mean their version of the class is objectively superior or anything?

If you compare Lin (shield trooper) and HB (shield trooper+ with assault rifle), you'll see that they apply different arts thanks to that variation. So the AR arts and Gatling Arts can change up the build you want them to have a bit.

Baliis

This
goatia
fight is impossible,
everyone's dead before she's even below half way hp.
Enemies are giving low exp so grinding is gonna take forever. Is this how it always is? I dunno if I can be bothered :/

If you wipe on a boss several times, I think it lets you lower their level to make the fight easier. Might just do that?

Shaldome

went with interceptors as my first division

so, does it behoove you to ever change divisions? i assume they have their own quests and whatnot?

The Division you chose just sets the primary way you earn your Blade levels (e.g. Interceptors get their blade XP by killing monsters around the world) and the type of buff you give to Squads. You can change it any time in the Blade barracks for money. Just choose any you like. some might be a bit faster to level up, but I don't think it matters that much at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom