• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

george_us

This game having you fight enemies several levels higher than you despite being at the quest level is obnoxious as fuck. Some very questionable quest design in this game.

Chaos17

I’m grinning like an idiot while climbing that tree.

tumblr_nz1vcqEVRV1s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

This game having you fight enemies several levels higher than you despite being at the quest level is obnoxious as fuck. Some very questionable quest design in this game.
It's not because you take them, it's that you can do them :p
But yeah, Blade quest could instead display level required instead of difficulty ranking.

Letep

Is there any other way to capture a screenshot besides using Miiverse? Also, if not, how do you get the screenshots off their onto other places?

dubq

Is there any other way to capture a screenshot besides using Miiverse? Also, if not, how do you get the screenshots off their onto other places?

- press the home button
- go to i.nintendo.net in the Wii U browser
- post a screencap to FB, Twitter or Tumblr

That's the only way I know of..

Dineren

Banned

If you hit the home button and select the web browser you can go to an image sharing service like imgur and upload it to there.

Venfayth

How? It literally tells you to do that before fighting your first Tyrant. o_O

I knew you could upgrade arts but not skills. I actually didn't know about skills until I randomly selected that from the menu about 10 hours in. Didn't realize you could upgrade them until 30 hours in.

Riki

When you go to the Internet browser your TV and GamePad screens can be uploaded to any hosting site. I use Abload.de

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
- press the home button

Hah, I didn't know about that.

I think the eaisest is using imgur.com - create an account, log in, and then bookmark it on your WiiU. You can upload the Gamepad screen or TV screen. Get back into your imgur on your computer and its an easy upload.

Baliis

It might be a little weird, but in my low 20s, I could take mid to high 20 monsters easy.

Blues1990

Anyways, can someone answer in a spoiler quote if there are other major settlements/cities beyond NLA? Don't want specifics, just wanna know yes or no :)

There are, but nothing compared to the size and scope of New L.A. There are just really small settlements, at least from what I've seen.

daydream

Banned
what does the green exclamation mark above certain enemies signify? my first instinct was that they're related to some quest but i couldn't find one that was related to the enemy

If you have your team setup right and are taking advantage of the combat systems then you can take down enemies several levels above you.

nikos

Would anyone recommend the guide? Haven't purchased one in about 15 years, but this game is gigantic. I'm only about five hours in.

The absolute worst thing about this game besides the CAN'T HEAR YOU song is that the default position when pausing a cutscene is skip. I've missed two cutscenes already by pausing a cutscene and coming back and absentmindedly pressing A. Fuckin aggravating.

Best to "pause" the cutscenes by pressing the HOME button then, that way you won't accidentally press skip.

Dineren

Banned
what does the green exclamation mark above certain enemies signify? my first instinct was that they're related to some quest but i couldn't find one that was related to the enemy

I don't think I've ever seen one with an exclamation mark that wasn't quest related.

Right now I'm spending almost every waking moment not playing XCX thinking about XCX.

My life is in shambles.

Same here, I can't remember the last time a game hooked me like this. I have plenty of work to do and yet all I'm doing is reading and posting about Xenoblade.

Letep

- press the home button

If you hit the home button and select the web browser you can go to an image sharing service like imgur and upload it to there.

When you go to the Internet browser your TV and GamePad screens can be uploaded to any hosting site. I use Abload.de

Hah, I didn't know about that.

I think the eaisest is using imgur.com - create an account, log in, and then bookmark it on your WiiU. You can upload the Gamepad screen or TV screen. Get back into your imgur on your computer and its an easy upload.

imgur.com works too

Oh, awesome. Thanks everyone!

Kinsei

Banned
Look what I found in Noctilum!

WVW69ipGTcs_QuDhCy

They're related to a quest you have. Was it the bugs right outside NLA? You need to kill them with a specific weapon.

Definitely a quest related enemy. You might have a weapons test quest which requires you to have a certain weapon equipped when killing them, or it could be a collect this drop from this enemy thing.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
FPTtUpW.jpg

Has anyone managed to kill any Nemesis on the first continent yet. Or is that something you pretty much need to wait until you are higher level and Skell?

Also are the color outlines on the hexs, dynamic? Like as I level up they will change to show they are less of a "threat" because I am more awesome?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Would anyone recommend the guide? Haven't purchased one in about 15 years, but this game is gigantic. I'm only about five hours in.

It's really good for the collectables. It breaks each area up into zones and tells you what collectables you can find in each zone, and their rarity. It makes the collection quests super easy. To tell the truth I got it yesterday and haven't used it for much else yet. I've got the week off for Christmas so I've been planning a fresh playthrough with the guide, as from flipping through it I've missed some out of the way affinity quests and extra characters.

daydream

Banned
thanks for the answers, guys

it was indeed a weapon-specific one, had to kill those bugs with a knife. not sure how i missed it!

different question: is it worth investing in (aka upgrading) my arts, yet, while i'm still a drifter?

Kinsei

Banned
FPTtUpW.jpg

Has anyone managed to kill any Nemesis on the first continent yet. Or is that something you pretty much need to wait until you are higher level and Skell.

The one in the hexagon to the north of the one you are in in that pic is just a level 20 suid. I took it out pretty easily.

Clawww

love when people jump to griping about design flaws instead of reconsidering their approach to a game.

try a different build/set-up or just play better. you're using soul voice prompts and everything properly right? upgraded arts and stuff? are you nailing the QTEs? etc.

nikos

It's really good for the collectables. It breaks each area up into zones and tells you what collectables you can find in each zone, and their rarity. It makes the collection quests super easy. To tell the truth I got it yesterday and haven't used it for much else yet. I've got the week off for Christmas so I've been planning a fresh playthrough with the guide, as from flipping through it I've missed some out of the way affinity quests and extra characters.

Thanks! I may start with some starter tip articles that various sites are publishing and take it from there. There's so much information to absorb.

Zarovitch

So you can make mission from other division but get less point? I'm a pathfinders but in the market quarter i can make mediator missions. Should i wait to change division before making these quest?

So you can make mission from other division but get less point? I'm a pathfinders but in the market quarter i can make mediator missions. Should i wait to change division before making these quest?

It really doesn't matter. You just get a few less blade points for your blade level, but it's not worth switching IMO

Dineren

Banned

it was indeed a weapon-specific one, had to kill those bugs with a knife. not sure how i missed it!

different question: is it worth investing in (aka upgrading) my arts, yet, while i'm still a drifter?

I've been upgrading all the arts I use to at least level 3 while I try to determine what class to focus on. I haven't run into a situation yet where that has caused me issues and I still have plenty of points.

finalflame

How soon did people move away from Drifter to a different class? I'm kind of hesitant since i'm "used" to using the Drifter Arts, but it doesn't seem like a good thing long term.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Depends on which arts and what class you're going to. If you plan to head to the topmost class then you can freely upgrade your assault rifle arts as you'll keep that weapon, if you head to the bottom one you can upgrade your knife arts as you'll keep that weapon. If you're going to the middle then don't bother as nothing will carry over. Arts are tied to the weapons, so just check the line you're going to take initially and if there's weapon overlap then feel free to upgrade.

How soon did people move away from Drifter to a different class? I'm kind of hesitant since i'm "used" to using the Drifter Arts, but it doesn't seem like a good thing long term.

I switched as soon as I hit rank 10 in the class. The arts aren't good enough to justify not switching immediately. Like I said, some arts will carry over depending on what you pick as your new class.

What's everyone's survey rates like? Currently I have over 20% total with the following area totals
Primordia (53.2%)!
Noctilum 32.6%
Obliva 37.2%
Sylvanum 4.4%
Cauldros 0% (haven't gone there yet)

adminstrative district 31.2%
barrakcs 35.2%
Manon ship
4.3%
Residential district 6.6%
commercial district 16.3%
industrial 9.2%

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I'm not even out of the prologue and have already got drifter to lv 10 and changed to striker.

zroid

Banned
Definitely switch right away cause you want to be ranking up the other classes to gain their skills

it's a little easier to transition if you pick something other than Commando, because the knife or assault rifle arts will stick, depending on which class it is

I switched as soon as I could. Currently rocking the Astral Crusader but I might try mastermind or galactic knight next. Really no harm in trying them all.

finalflame

I switched as soon as I hit rank 10 in the class. The arts aren't good enough to justify not switching immediately. Like I said, some arts will carry over depending on what you pick as your new class.

I'm not even out of the prologue and have already got drifter to lv 10 and changed to striker.

Definitely switch right away cause you want to be ranking up the other classes to gain their skills

it's a little easier to transition if you pick something other than Commando, because the knife or assault rifle skills will stick, depending on which class it is

I switched as soon as I could. Currently rocking the Astral Crusader but I might try mastermind or galactic knight next. Really no harm in trying them all.

Thanks guys. Can't wait to get home from work tonight and hop back on this game.

daydream

Banned
I've been upgrading all the arts I use to at least level 3 while I try to determine what class to focus on. I haven't run into a situation yet where that has caused me issues and I still have plenty of points.

Depends on which arts and what class you're going to. If you plan to head to the topmost class then you can freely upgrade your assault rifle arts as you'll keep that weapon, if you head to the bottom one you can upgrade your knife arts as you'll keep that weapon. If you're going to the middle then don't bother as nothing will carry over. Arts are tied to the weapons, so just check the line you're going to take initially and if there's weapon overlap then feel free to upgrade.

ah, that's tricky, thanks

especially so since i was eyeing the commando but if nothing carries over, hm

i assume i can switch freely between classes of the same rank(?)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
The minute I max a class, I move onto the next. There's zero benefit to staying as a class unless you're getting ready to fight a boss or something big. Why would you allow class XP to go to a full/maxed out bar?

Also once you completely max a class tree all the way, all weapons and skills carry over to other classes (but you still need those original weapons to use the arts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom