• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
As long as the class is unlocked you can switch at any time for free.

True, and whatever Arts you learned are attached to those weapon types... once you reached the end of the Class tree branch - you need can use those weapons, and Arts, with ANY other Class.

Qurupeke

9gP29cS.jpg

Gawain, Lancelot, Zangetsu :) I went from 1.2M to 20K reaaaaly fast but worth it.

Sölf

So, I have a problem with a quest from Nosusu, a Nopon in Noctilum. The quest wants from me to gather various items. According to the questlog, I am done. But if I talk to her she still tells me that I need to gather the items. Does anyone else has this problem? If you gathered the items once and then lost them (due to crafting or another quest), does the questlog update and unmark that step again? Would be the only explanation I have.

zroid

Banned
That Intimidating Simius you have to fight at the end of a certain Affinity Mission drove me nuts. I kept accidentally knocking it off the cliff and instead of getting credit for defeating it, the damn thing respawned at full health. :lol

On my third try I consciously tried to drive it away from the ledge and finally killed it. D:

Dineren

Banned
Sölf;188432132 said:
So, I have a problem with a quest from Nosusu, a Nopon in Noctilum. The quest wants from me to gather various items. According to the questlog, I am done. But if I talk to her she still tells me that I need to gather the items. Does anyone else has this problem? If you gathered the items once and then lost them (due to crafting or another quest), does the questlog update and unmark that step again? Would be the only explanation I have.

There was an earlier post in this thread that said if you use an item the quest doesn't update to let you know. So you'll probably have to look in your inventory and figure out which one you're missing.

Zekes!

Can anyone run me through the Weapon stats? Specifically I'm confused about attack power.

Specifically, I've noticed that, say a Sword II, will have 10 attack (the big number in the item description) and give me +3 to my melee attacks, but then the regular Sword, with 7 attack, will give me +10 melee attack.

Is there something I'm missing that contributes to that big attack score?

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Sölf

There was an earlier post in this thread that said if you use an item the quest doesn't update to let you know. So you'll probably have to look in your inventory and figure out which one you're missing.

Welp, okay. Do items disappear if I add them to the compendium? Because that's probably the reason then.

Baliis

Can anyone run me through the Weapon stats? Specifically I'm confused about attack power.

Specifically, I've noticed that, say a Sword II, will have 10 attack (the big number in the item description) and give me +3 to my melee attacks, but then the regular Sword, with 7 attack, will give me +10 melee attack.

Is there something I'm missing that contributes to that big attack score?

I hope that makes some kind of sense.

Does one have melee attack up as its skill?

daydream

Banned
sorry for the barrage of questions but whew, this game packs a punch

so, when i choose the 'equip strongest gear' option in the ground gear menu, it more often than not offers me a build that seems weaker than my current one. as in, i would only get stat decreases out of it. any explanation for that?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So ever since I got my skell I've been doing everything in it. It's literally trivialized fights I thought I might have trouble with, or ones that have given me issues. Kills 6 giant spider monsters in Oblivia 4 levels above me? Got murdered before my skell, doing the murdering after. Gotta help that dude get a date? Run around doing it in my skell. I can't even imagine how beastly 3 skells would be.

I've got this 12,000 base damage orange rarity sniper rifle as a shoulder attachment that just melts shit. I mean everything I use it on loses at least a 3rd of it's HP in one hit. I was doing an affinity quest that ends in a fight with a single guy (without a skell) and it just atomized the boss. Like literally one hit. Then there's my beam swords, lawd my beam swords. Them shits, also orange rarity, just chop shit in two.

In short, riding around in my skell makes me feel like a golden god wielding Zeus's thunderbolt in one hand and Excalibur in the other, with Thor's hammer between my teeth. I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds.

Monolithsoft did an amazing job with the skells. I love mine so much.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I saw a gigantic worm like monster hidden inside a mountain (big rock w/e) in Primordia. By gigantic I mean, really fucking big. You can only see it using the flying Skell.

Baliis

So ever since I got my skell I've been doing everything in it. It's literally trivialized fights I thought I might have trouble with, or ones that have given me issues. Kills 6 giant spider monsters in Oblivia 4 levels above me? Got murdered before my skell, doing the murdering after. Gotta help that dude get a date? Run around doing it in my skell.

I've got this 12,000 base damage orange rarity sniper rifle as a shoulder attachment that just melts shit. I mean everything I use it on loses at least a 3rd of it's HP in one hit. I was doing an affinity quest that ends in a fight with a single guy (without a skell) and it just atomized the boss. Like literally one hit. Then there's my beam swords, lawd my beam swords. Them shits, also orange rarity, just chop shit in two.

In short, riding around in my skell makes me feel like a golden god wielding Zeus's thunderbolt in one hand and Excalibur in the other, with Thor's hammer between my teeth. I am Death, Destroyer of Worlds.

Monolithsoft did an amazing job with the skells. I love mine so much.

I feel kinda bad cuz to try and get used to fighting in a skell, I went and fought some level like 41 mobs in Oblivia even though I was level 30 and gained like 4 levels before I even realized it. Oops, chapter 7 will probably be easy now, and I need like 900k to buy my team skells of their own.

finalflame

The minute I max a class, I move onto the next. There's zero benefit to staying as a class unless you're getting ready to fight a boss or something big. Why would you allow class XP to go to a full/maxed out bar?

Also once you completely max a class tree all the way, all weapons and skills carry over to other classes (but you still need those original weapons to use the arts).

Ah neat, thanks. i guess I wasn't fully sure how these work. Gonna do some more manual reading later on tonight as well.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel kinda bad cuz to try and get used to fighting in a skell, I went and fought some level like 41 mobs in Oblivia even though I was level 30 and gained like 4 levels before I even realized it. Oops, chapter 7 will probably be easy now, and I need like 900k to buy my team skells of their own.

I did the same thing, I rolled through chapter 7 like it was nothing. I was like lvl 26 or whatever at the time. Even the boss knelt before me as I chopped it into tiny bits and then atomized those bits before shooting the few remaining molecules with many many many missles.

I want my mech right now
tumblr_mjqqg4X9Dp1s4ztnro1_400.gif

It's so fucking choice. Being here at work without it makes me feel empty inside.

ivysaur12

Banned
Oh, I did this by accident the other day and now I want to know how to do it permanently -- how do I make it so the camera always auto centers on the enemy I'm targeting?

Oh, I did this by accident the other day and now I want to know how to do it permanently -- how do I make it so the camera always auto centers on the enemy I'm targeting?
Thatd be so useful to know especially since locking down on a body part/enemy should do that automatically I don't think it does

Dineren

Banned

I believe it is the L button to lock the target.

Edit: I looked it up and it looks like it is ZL. I can never keep those buttons straight.

How do you find out where your party members are on the map? I don't see any icons on there to show they are there.
If you mean to recruit them in the mini map there should be either a blue check mark or a golden shield in the location where the party member usually hangs out in.

If not there then they need a heart to heart so check other areas' maps to see if there's a heart to heart with that npc

Dinda

This game is soooo good! I just finished Chapter 5.

However, i have one question about classes. I play as a Partisan Eagle (just reached level 10 and can go to Astral Crusader.) and i was pretty happy about it. But i took Doug with me on Mission 5 and i realized what an insane amount of damage he did. (and he has a light Saber!) He's an Blast Fencer i think which can be upgraded to Galactic Knight, which should be even more powerful.

So is this class really so powerful or is it just because of the specific enemy type i fought on that mission? Or did i just imagine things?

Thinking about switching my class if Astral Crusader would end up being significantly less powerful than other classes....

Ventara

Zooming the camera out helps so much when exploring and fighting monsters. Should be the default when you go out of NLA. Also, it helps prevent me from staring at Elma's ass somewhat.

k1t4j

True, and whatever Arts you learned are attached to those weapon types... once you reached the end of the Class tree branch - you need can use those weapons, and Arts, with ANY other Class.

This is true? So the dream of Minigun + Lightsaber can be a reality?

This is true? So the dream of Minigun + Lightsaber can be a reality?
If there's a class that uses both yes. But you can't mix weapon types from two different classes.

What he meant was that if an upgrade to a class still uses the same weapon as one a previous class had that you have the arts/skill for then you can use those arts because your current class has that weapon.

Edit:wait what you can mix and and match weapons? I thought it locked out weapon types when you switch classes?

If there's a class that uses both yes. But you can't mix weapon types from two different classes.

What he meant was that if an upgrade to a class still uses the same weapon as one a previous class had that you have the arts/skill for then you can use those arts because your current class has that weapon.

No, if you master the last class in a chain you can use it's weapon on any class

For instance, I mastered duelist so I'm currently using longsword plus raygun, under the bottom class chain

If you mean to recruit them in the mini map there should be either a blue check mark or a golden shield in the location where the party member usually hangs out in.

If not there then they need a heart to heart so check other areas' maps to see if there's a heart to heart with that npc

Great, thanks! :) And just to make sure, you can't take anyone else on an Affinity mission who isn't listed when you accept it right?

Sylas

No, you can totally mix weapon types once you max out a class line. Not just a class, but the entire line of them.

k1t4j

100% true. Right now I'm rocking a sniper rifle + lightsaber.

SHAME ON YOU for mocking people's dreams.....

Edit:wait what you can mix and and match weapons? I thought it locked out weapon types when you switch classes?

I see, oh well thanks mate

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I think once you max out a class it's weapons and arts can carry over to another class, so you can mix and match and don't have to start from scratch each time. Unless I've read that part wrong.

No, if you master the last class in a chain you can use it's weapon on any class

For instance, I mastered duelist so I'm currently using longsword plus raygun, under the bottom class chain

Yea this is how I thought it worked. The system would be dumb if it didn't allow for this.

Great, thanks! :) And just to make sure, you can't take anyone else on an Affinity mission who isn't listed when you accept it right?

No, you can totally mix weapon types once you max out a class line. Not just a class, but the entire line of them.
Didn't see the part of maxing out a class. That's nice and all for people who don't have a specific build in mind but I'm already doing the class I want for end game (full Metal jaguar) and absolutely every arts I have equipped is dual swords or beneficial for my build except for the one dual guns so switching classes wouldn't be useful as regular attacks are completely eh for damage and TP building.

If someone has a class that they only need a few arts to keep their weapon of choice that's awesome for them.

k1t4j

Ok I am getting confused now regarding the mix matching thing.

Guess I'll find out for sure as soon as I knock the last 2 levels of duelist :D

desu

My least favorite part about combat is when you're fighting one specific enemy but one of your teammates has some skill or weapon that aggroes people in a certain radius. Which sucks when you're fighting tough enemies and more of those enemies join the fight

Thats why I took AOE skills off my party members when I am grinding, it was just super annoying.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Didn't see the part of maxing out a class. That's nice and all for people who don't have a specific build in mind but I'm already doing the class I want for end game (full Metal jaguar) and absolutely every arts I have equipped is dual swords or beneficial for my build except for the one dual guns so switching classes wouldn't be useful as regular attacks are completely eh for damage and TP building.

If someone has a class that they only need a few arts to keep their weapon of choice that's awesome for them.

Well, I think the idea is that you can build a custom class that might be better than the presets. Especially since the affinity missions give you special super-powered arts to use.

Chaos17

Lesson of the day : never change class before doing an affinity mission who know who you're gonna fight, lol

I think I press the L left analog stick...

Well, I think the idea is that you can build a custom class that might be better than the presets.
For some cases maybe. But not for every situation but I'll have to check when I get home.

Like I said full Metal jaguar gives high evasion and is built around being essentially a glass cannon rogue (ie the lower your health the more useful you tend to be).

If another class actually has base stats that compliment this better awesome but I can't think of another class that could be useful unless there's a class that has an art that boosts the damage of TP skills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom