• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we replace Tatsu with the female one in the Hope affinity quest?

She was actually adorable and the way the race speaks is funnier and endearing when it's not Tatsu.

While hunting around I get a yellow sniper rifle for my skell.

Upgraded this thing to the best I can and it's an absolute beast. In some cases one shotting a lot of harder enemies.

Ferrio

Banned
Some of these cutscenes, I'm just sitting here gritting my teeth on how bad they are. First JRPG like this I've played in awhile, and I'm thinking back on my youth wondering how I made it through stuff like this.

My gf's first exposure to this type of game too, she walks through the living room looks at the TV then me and wonders if I'm insane.

NeoRausch

Man this game is overwhelming even if you played the original!

Set my first probe, joined blade yadda yadda, but how do I plant more probes? Can't see any indicators when I'm in the field doing missions.

Chastten

Banned
Got my skell!

Can't fly yet but I'll get there tomorrow. Exploring the world is already way better then it was on foot.

It did add another layer to the game, as in I need to figure out how the darn thing works in combat. I bought the 'best' parts of each slot in the store and the damage he does is pathetic. My own character easily does twice or triple the amound of damage my mech does currently.

Any tips?

Evilkazz

Banned
What level should I be for Chapter 9?

I'm getting my ass kicked by
these damn cats
even with the lowered difficulty. I'm level 35 and still cant beat them all. And they wont let me use my mech.

What should I be doing?

Up to Chapter 3 so far, and I'm fighting these soldier guys in order to level up some more. I've been having a ton of fun so far.

Also, Lin is fantastic. That is all.

Qurupeke

What level should I be for Chapter 9?

I'm getting my ass kicked by
these damn cats
even with the lowered difficulty. I'm level 35 and still cant beat them all. And they wont let me use my mech.

What should I be doing?

lol At the same instance, I'm 32. They wreck me.

balohna

Started the game last night.

My first impression: huge impressive world, but with story and character design like something from 2003... which is kind of charming, in all honesty. Gameplay seems fine so far, very MMO. Obviously I have a lot left to learn and experience. I'm optimistic that I'll agree more with the reviewers that said it's well paced than the ones that said it drags on.

I really hope Lin eats Tatsu at the end of the game.I don't even dislike tatsu, i just think it'd be such an absurd heel turn.

Holy crap. I want this so much.

On an unrelated note, I genuinely can't believe my character agreed to keep working with
The Murderess
. JUST LOOK AT HER NAME OR LISTEN TO LITERALLY ANYTHING THAT COMES OUT OF HER MOUTH. HOW DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.

Percy

Banned
Repair Job is really getting to me now. Just need the White Cometites but the mining probes ain't giving me shit and I've planted them at every Primordia probe site I can access at my current skill level. Can't even buy the fucking things with reward tickets it seems.

Tell me there's another way to do this!

I can't for the life of me find Elma's first heart-to-heart, I know it is around the elevator at the western gate in the afternoon, but I just can't find her.
She isn't in my party and I even gave her white clothes to make her stand out more.
edit: and then I found her haha

I really hope Lin eats Tatsu at the end of the game.I don't even dislike tatsu, i just think it'd be such an absurd heel turn.

I like Tatsu but I still laughed. Dude, he is nowhere near the most annoying person in a jrpg, or rpg period. Just a juicy potatsu

My first impression: huge impressive world, but with story and character design like something from 2003... which is kind of charming, in all honesty. Gameplay seems fine so far, very MMO. Obviously I have a lot left to learn and experience. I'm optimistic that I'll agree more with the reviewers that said it's well paced than the ones that said it drags on.

I really enjoy the character design. Everyone has a statuesque appearance - it's almost like playing with action figures which, in a weird way, makes the game more whimsical for me. I like to imagine that I'm playing with some elaborate, massive play-set that my 9 year old self could have only dreamed of.

Loving this game and, as someone who is very much NOT an RPG regular, that's a pleasant surprise!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

this is the point.

jRPGs have become so formulaic, and most just seem determined on hitting all of the same notes that every other one hits.. XCX is like XC... a love letter to jRPGs from the 16-bit and 32-bit eras.

IMHO Monolithsoft's biggest problem isn't their current games.. it's how do you expand on the concepts/gameplay of the games while still keeping the "greatest hits" like setup that we love?

Granted with that being said.. so far their jRPGs have been... well let's call it what it is.. they are the most consistent (and best?) jRPG developer of the last 10+ years?

So we'll have to see what's next.. hopefully just as fun and compelling as they've managed to stay up through now.

Some rewards from missions give "something (male)", what is that?

should be fashion gear(?)

Makonero

this is the point.

jRPGs have become so formulaic, and most just seem determined on hitting all of the same notes that every other one hits.. XCX is like XC... a love letter to jRPGs from the 16-bit and 32-bit eras.

IMHO Monolithsoft's biggest problem isn't their current games.. it's how do you expand on the concepts/gameplay of the games while still keeping the "greatest hits" like setup that we love?

Granted with that being said.. so far their jRPGs have been... well let's call it what it is.. they are the most consistent (and best?) jRPG developer of the last 10+ years?

So we'll have to see what's next.. hopefully just as fun and compelling as they've managed to stay up through now.

Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos Origins
Xenoblade
Xenoblade X

Yep, definitely in my top three jRPG developers of all time.

lol this fucking game

hey let's force you to use a 4th party member who is way underleveled.

What's that? He gets killed within 5 seconds of a battle starting? WHAT'S THAT? YOU GOTTA FIGHT THIS 4 PLAYER BOSS WITH THREE MEMBERS?

Isn't that just fine and dandy. of course I'm gonna have to lower the boss difficulty when one member isn't carrying the weight. And I JUST came from grinding, not gonna do it for another party member I never use.

How about if the game doesn't tell you to use a party member let me use the fourth I have and have that dude still appear in cutscenes. This is straight up idiotic.

lyrick

Man this game is overwhelming even if you played the original!

Set my first probe, joined blade yadda yadda, but how do I plant more probes? Can't see any indicators when I'm in the field doing missions.

If you're in a Cell with a Probe icon, scanning the horizon for a large beam of light will help you out most of the time.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
lol this fucking game

hey let's force you to use a 4th party member who is way underleveled.

What's that? He gets killed within 5 seconds of a battle starting? WHAT'S THAT? YOU GOTTA FIGHT THIS 4 PLAYER BOSS WITH THREE MEMBERS?

Isn't that just fine and dandy. of course I'm gonna have to lower the boss difficulty when one member isn't carrying the weight. And I JUST came from grinding, not gonna do it for another party member I never use.

How about if the game doesn't tell you to use a party member let me use the fourth I have and have that dude still appear in cutscenes. This is straight up idiotic.

What fight?

Tcab96

The
tainted sphinx
? That thing was a beast, no idea how I beat it.

Tatsu's dad is the true heropon in this story. Rikki is the OG heropon of legend.

Nah,
Chief Qmoeva
and his lackeys.

Guess this is what I get for trying to rush to get my skell. 😅😅

Repair Job is really getting to me now. Just need the White Cometites but the mining probes ain't giving me shit and I've planted them at every Primordia probe site I can access at my current skill level. Can't even buy the fucking things with reward tickets it seems.

Only some of them will give you items. make sure you have FN115, 118 and 110

massoluk

Banned

They really didn't explain mining all that well, but you just have to wait it out, they will dig it up eventually. You did check if the nodes you planted have White Cometites listed?

Did they mention that you can reuse the nodes and switches them around as much as you want in the manual? I was scared to death of putting the wrong nodes in before I figured it out. :p

A lot of nooks and cranies in this game you just have to figure it out, but once it clicked, ooh yeah.

What fight?

Chapter 6 boss/pre boss battle. It was a fight I could have taken in its original level with three party members tbh, but the fight right beforehand is against three big dudes, and then right after with no chance to heal the main baddie appears. I would have beaten the three other dudes easily if they allowed me to bring my own fourth party member that mixes with my party well, but instead not so they force me to bring Lao who is level 15 compared to everyone else being level 23/24. He gets rekt at the start, the game doesn't make it clear which dude I'm targetting so I'm not doing positional damage and I die 2 times in a row against them. Beat them in third but then with no life I got 1-shot by the main boss and press A to get there faster, lowering difficulty without realizing it.

lyrick

Getting reked in chapter 5.

Best ways to level? Do I just have to grind?

All the enemies you have to fight are leveled 16 - 21. There are caves that are filled with Sword/Dagger Puges that will lead you under all the level 30+ stuff straight to the first destination. If you follow your target marker ball to the next destinations all the enemies you encounter on the way will be correctly leveled.

Mupod

Tatsu also calls himself a heropon. Riki is just a pretender.

Riki doesn't talk himself up half as much as Tatsu and is actually pretty damn strong if not one of the more OP characters. His reason for being the 'heropon' is funny too. As far as annoying cute mascot characters go he's fine. Tatsu is everything bad about them but at least Lin screwing with him is fun.

I guess anything beats Chu-Chu, though.

Tcab96

All the enemies you have to fight are leveled 16 - 21. There are caves that are filled with Sword/Dagger Puges that will lead you under all the level 30+ stuff straight to the first destination. If you follow your market ball to the next destinations all the enemies you encounter on the way will be correctly leveled.

I completely forgot about that ball. Thanks, bro.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Chapter 6 boss/pre boss battle. It was a fight I could have taken in its original level with three party members tbh, but the fight right beforehand is against three big dudes, and then right after with no chance to heal the main baddie appears. I would have beaten the three other dudes easily if they allowed me to bring my own fourth party member that mixes with my party well, but instead not so they force me to bring Lao who is level 15 compared to everyone else being level 23/24. He gets rekt at the start, the game doesn't make it clear which dude I'm targetting so I'm not doing positional damage and I die 2 times in a row against them. Beat them in third but then with no life I got 1-shot by the main boss and press A to get there faster, lowering difficulty without realizing it.

Oh shit, yea I remember that one. That fight gave me a huge amount of trouble.

Quick chapter 5 question :

I could accept the mission even tough I appear to be severely under leveled.

I
destroyed
2 out of 3
anti air thingy
, but the third is under the guard of lvl 20 ennemies (My team is 16/17).

I'm getting my ass kicked, and since I accepted a Story mission, I cannot accept other mini team missions lo level up. Any tip ?

EDIT: in a game that does not (?) have adaptive enemy levels, they should be more regarding about the player level before locking him into a mission...
It sometimes helps luring one enemy out of the group at a time. Use a ranged attack, run, and your team will follow. If you're lucky, that enemy will follow without gaining too much attention.

If you've been doing that, nvm.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Quick questions.

Where do you change characters appearance? Post chapter 5 of course.

Are normal missions infinite or is there a finite number?

Mining is super confusing. Do you get probes back if you change probes? If you keep changing do you run out then?

What do the different levels of probes mean?
I dont get how to link em either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom