• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 6 boss/pre boss battle. It was a fight I could have taken in its original level with three party members tbh, but the fight right beforehand is against three big dudes, and then right after with no chance to heal the main baddie appears. I would have beaten the three other dudes easily if they allowed me to bring my own fourth party member that mixes with my party well, but instead not so they force me to bring Lao who is level 15 compared to everyone else being level 23/24. He gets rekt at the start, the game doesn't make it clear which dude I'm targetting so I'm not doing positional damage and I die 2 times in a row against them. Beat them in third but then with no life I got 1-shot by the main boss and press A to get there faster, lowering difficulty without realizing it.
See I didn't have a problem since Lao is my usual 4th member when I have no designated one

Man this game is overwhelming even if you played the original!

Set my first probe, joined blade yadda yadda, but how do I plant more probes? Can't see any indicators when I'm in the field doing missions.

Dude just set aside a few minutes and read the manual from the menu. Go through to the map diagram, segment diagram section. It explains the icons and what they mean. I didn't look at it at first and was pretty confused on what was on the Gamepad. It's actually very important for knowing probe placement, Fast Travel, treasure locations, tryants, Division awards, etc and etc.

Unless I'm missing something, I find the implementation of off-TV to be rather weird. Once I'm in-game, I have everything figured out (even with the annoyance that I can't pause the main-screen action while fidgeting with the bottom screen), but it's an obstacle just to load into the game at all.

If I boot while not connected to a TV, I never see the startup screen at all: I have to tap the A button and tap the screen (with no visual or audio feedback) until I start loading into my file and am given the option to swap to off-TV. A simple option to switch to the GamePad while still on the startup screen, before I've loaded the game, would do wonders. I'm not in a situation where I will be playing with a TV most of the time.

Unless, that is, I'm missing something?

PetrCobra

They really didn't explain mining all that well, but you just have to wait it out, they will dig it up eventually. You did check if the nodes you planted have White Cometites listed?

Did they mention that you can reuse the nodes and switches them around as much as you want in the manual? I was scared to death of putting the wrong nodes in before I figured it out. :p

A lot of nooks and cranies in this game you just have to figure it out, but once it clicked, ooh yeah.

I does cost a bit of money though

Yeah, got those covered. Still nothing :(

Just wait. While you wait, refine your mining setup. Make sure you have the probes on those spots chained up to increase the efficiency. I waited several hours one day and got nothing. The second day I decided to tune things up a bit, not sure if it was related but got those cometites pretty quickly after that.

It might sound stupid but... how do you take screenshot on the Wi iU ?

Any site with a file input lets you upload screenshots when you press Home ingame and start the browser. So, basically any image upload service out there, or you can build your own if you know how.

Or Miiverse but that's lower resolution.

Lazulic

god damn the usb that comes with the special edition is heavy as fuck

the art book is radical. unfortunetly cant start a big game like xenoblade right now cause finals

awful quest mate. you need to go to the weeping whitewood and keep running around collecting the blue crystals on the ground until you get the drop. if you dont get it. reload the area / walk out walk back in again.

moral of the story, dont take gathering quests

The good news is Weeping Whitewood's music is fantastic.

Fandangox

When you Press Home whatever was on the screen or gamepad when you paused will be available to upload. So press Home, open the browser, and go to an image sharing site (like imgur) and upload, it should let you upload from the Wii U screen and Gamepad Screen.

Shun

Anyone figure out where Assassin Springtails are?

Need just one more for a quest. I hate that the game doesn't automatically remember the region you get an item from it makes fetching materials annoying.

Shun

Do you happen to have the exact one? Closer to the entrance to Noctilim?

Also does anyone know where Mia's second quest is? I already finished her first one but I want to do the second one so I can get Mia as a party member.

Apparently it is in Noctilim but I'm not sure.

Edit: Also looking for Fade Thallus in Oblivia and elemental clusters in Sylvalum.

Baliis

Repair Job is really getting to me now. Just need the White Cometites but the mining probes ain't giving me shit and I've planted them at every Primordia probe site I can access at my current skill level. Can't even buy the fucking things with reward tickets it seems.

Tell me there's another way to do this!

I'm so glad I waited a while to do this, I had like 21 of those already, plus all the other mats you need pretty much.

Do you happen to have the exact one? Closer to the entrance to Noctilim?

Also does anyone know where Mia's second quest is? I already finished her first one but I want to do the second one so I can get Mia as a party member.

Apparently it is in Noctilim but I'm not sure.
Huge tree, you have to run up it. It's in the middle of the top part of noctilum. There's another quest after that in oblivia

Qurupeke

I think I found my first personal spike in difficulty... Damn, just before the flight module. :( Kinda ironic that I was overleveveled in every other chapter and now I'm underleveled...

Ch.9 spoilers
Any advice for the whole Ga Jiarg battle is acceptable... The first part especially as I only got into the second once and it was too late when I realized what was happening.

Soooooooooo say your skell uh.... broke. Where does it go?

You have insurance for a limited time. After that you pay to fix it in the Barracks.

Freeman76

The knobheads at SEGA should take note of how popular this is outside of Japan and release PSO2 for us all.

This game is fucking bonkers, love it!!

Alrus

I just noticed that during a normal quest, the npc asking for the usual "random almost impossible to find by yourself collectables" actually told me where they could be found. Wonder if it's a one off or if they actually all do that if you talk to them again after they give you the quest.

I think I found my first personal spike in difficulty... Damn, just before the flight module. :( Kinda ironic that I was overleveveled in every other chapter and now I'm underleveled...

Ch.9 spoilers
Any advice for the whole Ga Jiarg battle is acceptable... The first part especially as I only got into the second once and it was too late when I realized what was happening.

You have insurance for a limited time. After that you pay to fix it in the Barracks.

focus 1 at a time, clear the mobs quickly... that works for me

Kyzon

Go to your barracks, go to panel, select barracks hangar

It's in the blade barracks from the panel there. You also register new skells there when you get more for your party.

Ch.9 spoilers

Thanks. I overlooked that, lol

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just noticed that during a normal quest, the npc asking for the usual "random almost impossible to find by yourself collectables" actually told me where they could be found. Wonder if it's a one off or if they actually all do that if you talk to them again after they give you the quest.

They all do that. We were talking about it on the other page.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

open up imgur.com on your WiiU internet browser, log in and save your login. Then book mark the page. Now you can upload images "from your computer".

Log back in to your PC with your account and you have a very easy way to post photos here

kizmah

GGzpl9Z.jpg

0Iwr5EI.jpg

Qurupeke

focus 1 at a time, clear the mobs quickly... that works for me

I tried to focus at the orange cat but I feel it's too powerful for me. Its hits deal a lot of damage and then the minions kill me. Then, i tried to kill the minions and while I succeeded, he killed me as he was full health while I was injured.

Edit: Of course, I could also grind, but I feel I'm doing something wrong as I'm pretty much at a right level for this chapter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom