• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Really? What's the point in a
electric storm
that kills you while you're trying to do a mission :s this game man

Get to a local blade station and change the time. Honestly, I felt that way at first but now I just feel like its part of the world and makes it feel more real.

zroid

Banned
electric storm

lol I was caught in one, luckily right after I'd finished a mission so it wasn't a big deal, but I tried to sleep it off in a nearby tent... weather totally changed but I kept getting damaged! D:

Had to fast travel out or I was definitely toast

Sölf

Man, over 30 hours in, still so many Affinity Quests available and after that I may start chapter 6. xD
This game, man. Also, wtf @ the Lobster Quest. That's one of those I will probably never finish because I missed something. xD

Deku89

You've unwittingly just sold me on the idea of Monolith Soft making a JRPG set in the Metroid Universe. Nintendo say they say they want to flesh out the galactic federation? There's the perfect chance! I'd reckon it'd make better sales than Xeno too...

I would love a Metroid game by Monolith Soft, if for nothing but the atmosphere. Though, I don't know how I'd feel about it becoming an rpg . . .

BY2K

Membero Americo
K5mL3M2.jpg

Imgur + Wii U is amazing.

Compression could be better, but it's there, at least.

Sölf

I would love a Metroid game by Monolith Soft, if for nothing but the atmosphere. Though, I don't know how I'd feel about it becoming an rpg . . .

Well, it could be a mix of Metroid/Zelda regarding Powerups and several Borderlands systems, like the skills (passive stuff or maybe even attacks?) and level ups. I think it could work.

Formless

Because the game tells you how to upgrade Arts during your very first Tyrant battle which is a mandatory part of the early game. Don't skip over tutorials then be surprised later that you missed something?

Well, I guess I clearly missed it. In any case it's made things a lot easier.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
The absolute worst thing about this game besides the CAN'T HEAR YOU song is that the default position when pausing a cutscene is skip. I've missed two cutscenes already by pausing a cutscene and coming back and absentmindedly pressing A. Fuckin aggravating.

Yea, its amateur hour with some of the UI and play control decisions.

Chaos17

Lesson of the day : level up the companion before doing his affinity quest so you can equip his/her with the lastest gear.

Anyway, I just finished Doug first affinity quest.
It was amazingly weird.
In the begining Doug sucked, so I got wiped.
I decided to level him up a little, just 1 level.
With that I lvl up his arts and skill.

I wanted to clean up monsters around the boss so I won't aggro them and that's when it got weird and cool. I was able to took down a middle monster and 3 little monsters, the battle was pretty dynamic. I really liked it.

Specialy the deer who shoot missiles!!
LOL

After them, the boss of the quest was not a problem at all. Beatting stronger openement just before a boss is weird and awesome XD

tumblr_nz26pldzFb1s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

Evilkazz

Banned
God damn is is difficult to get 4 Skells to take a Screenshot with.
yfcrym.jpg

Anyway who's everyone's preferred 4th buddy? I usually pick Doug as my 4th when I can.

sora87

Get to a local blade station and change the time. Honestly, I felt that way at first but now I just feel like its part of the world and makes it feel more real.

Yeah I've not found any here yet :( I'm on chapter 5,
I have to destroy 3 turrets but they're all guarded by groups of level 23-30 enemies and I'm level 17.
Think I'll just leave it there for tonight, not looking forward to getting through this

Raide

Finally started Episode 5!

I just spent the last few hours just probing stuff and wandering the world. The Collectopeda is super weird. Just filling them out and unlocking random stuff? I guess its something to do with all this stuff I find. :D

Deku89

Mira is the best alien planet I've seen in years, they nailed the organic sci-fi so much!

I know. Also each continent feels so different. It's the little things that make a big difference (like the animals hunting or drinking or that stupid honking monkey making fun of you).

Haunted

electric storm
Though iirc if you're not in combat the storm won't actually kill you, just drop you and your party down to 1 HP.

PetrCobra

Under Intel, there's a list of all of the indigens and how many people have beaten them if you click on the individual indigen.

Still don't get it. I only see TYPES of enemies and how many of them I slayed / how many times one of them slayed me. Is info about tyrants and their global track record buried somewhere in there? And how do people know this information for different regions?

finalflame

Well, I guess I clearly missed it. In any case it's made things a lot easier.

Yah, sorry I came off like an asshole. Was pre-coffee at the time.

Anyhow, the sheer number of things to level/consider/etc at first can be fairly overwhelming at first. I feel this game takes a good 15-20hrs to really get going where you feel you fully understand wtf is going on anyways.

SO when I eventually get a Wii U. This is a must have huh?

It's an actual crime against yourself that you've yet to buy a WiiU to play this game. Go, now!

Zomba13

Anyway who's everyone's preferred 4th buddy? I usually pick Doug as my 4th when I can.

Lao. He looks cool and uses Spears and Sniper Rifles. Can't get cooler than that.

I would use L buuuut he is the same class as Lin (pretty much) and I don't like doubling up.

Sölf

Aside from Oskar, has anyone found other "Troll" Tyrants? I found a level 22 one, one of those stone crab thingies which camouflage as hills. Something with Meteor in it's name, I think. Well, this thing had defense and HP far higher than anything else I fought so far. Wasn't that hard, but took ages. I think I went through 2 full Overdrives in order to beat it. Found it beneath this giant tree in Noctilum which you come across 1 or 2 hexagons past the Elephant's Trunk.

El Odio

Banned
Yeah I've not found any here yet :( I'm on chapter 5,
I have to destroy 3 turrets but they're all guarded by groups of level 23-30 enemies and I'm level 17.
Think I'll just leave it there for tonight, not looking forward to getting through this
This game actually feels less punishing than the original in terms of going up against enemies that are somewhat higher leveled than yourself. Though u wouldn't recommend getting in large gang fights it's not to yard to beat an enemy 3-5 levels above your party.

Sölf;188476904 said:
Aside from Oskar, has anyone found other "Troll" Tyrants? I found a level 22 one, one of those stone crab thingies which camouflage as hills. Something with Meteor in it's name, I think. Well, this thing had defense and HP far higher than anything else I fought so far. Wasn't that hard, but took ages. I think I went through 2 full Overdrives in order to beat it. Found it beneath this giant tree in Noctilum which you come across 1 or 2 hexagons past the Elephant's Trunk.
can't remember the name, but I found a giant worm tyrant randomly pop out of the ground in oblivia

Man, Black Tar has been growing on me, I thought it would start to be annoying but the effect was the opposite (catching more of the lyrics might have helped)... the tone of some of the songs in the OST is pretty interesting and perfect for this game.

All right just got my skell license and first skell.

Quick questions to people who have played for a while:

- Where do we buy skell frames in the future?

- Where do we buy skell armor/weaponry?

jg4xchamp

I'm sorry if I'm one of those scumbags that is asking about load time patches on E-shop, but are they really that important? I can tolerate the load times in Bloodborne, surely it can't be worse right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom