• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

They are literally
right in the middle of the narrow paths to the turrets.

If you mean those big walker type mecha, I avoided all of them. I did need to just run past some soldiers and then stay away until they gave up pursuit though.

How do you get more insurance? Is it just the first few on each mech are on the house?
The latter, there is no way to increase the insurance stat. I believe the salvage fee fee is cheaper than buying a Skell new (still pricey) and you can use salvage tickets to bypass paying that as well.

I wasn't paying full attention but it looked like you were losing connection to squads and to reconnect would press home and close software. I thought there was a way to just return to the title screen somewhere?
Edit: Wait it was for getting TP for the tyrant you were fighting?

zroid

Banned
I was just managing my probes and suddenly realized I had like 8 Mining Probes G2 :lol

I don't know where they came from, I swear I only had like 2 yesterday. So I swapped my entire chain of G1 Mining Probes with G2. Need more Storage Probes already because I'm drowning in Miranium.

Beats

Does anyone know where the Mamapon is in the affinity quest BFFs? The npcs are telling me she's "in the forest somewhere", but that's it lol. :<

beanman25

Finally digging into the game more. 4 hours in. Not super far story wise, just complete the first part of probe fessional. So amazing!

sora87

If you mean those big walker type mecha, I avoided all of them. I did need to just run past some soldiers and then stay away until they gave up pursuit though.

No idea how you managed that, one of them is on a constant patrol up and down the path and the other is at the end of the other path, I can't see a way around them

NeonZ

No idea how you managed that, one of them is on a constant patrol up and down the path and the other is at the end of the other path, I can't see a way around them

There is one that patrols the path to the anti-air weapon that seemingly has no way to be avoided, but in that case just stand very close to the edge on the widest part of the path, and then run as soon as it goes past you (it can see you while turning around). I don't think the others were nearly as tricky.

Dad

Line of sight is really narrow in this game. Jumping also seems to mess with it

Diablos54

After taking some time out to do a new affinity quest
, the one with the racist bald guy. Apart from the obvious he seems like an alright dude I guess.
It's time to go back to Oblivia! I need 30% survey rate, so I accepted a ton of normal quests set in the area, quick smoke break then let's do this!

Bonus Shots:

QV5gKmu.jpg

my0NOFB.jpg

jUWJa5K.jpg

0yhR7RH.jpg

Vena

After bum-rushing to Skell, I am taking my time with missions/affinities. I got to say, some of these are really well done (even some missions).

Some missions are really stupid, but there's some that are really nicely done even for being missions. But majority of missions are dumb fetch quests, though. Still really enjoying my time with them though because the good ones are good.

Really was a big fan of the xenophobic mission with the crazed human who was going to off a bunch of
Ma'non
. And the budding friendship one.

Gurrry

Another question about the updates/dlc for the disc based version...

What exactly is all this 15 gb of stuff? From the description it sounded like something to make the load times faster? I didnt see anything about the online components though... I hope that im dling the right thing cause this is taking foreverrrr

Vecks

Their view is pretty narrow. I pretty much avoided all the enemies just by climbing over and around the rocks and stuff.

I'm having a hard time getting honey oils. I've fought Copper Ciniculas about 9 or so times. It would be as bad if they didn't have such high defenses. They aren't really that tough.

I need the honey oil to complete a quest to complete the certification to get the Skell license. It's a pain in the ass. I just want to get my mech!

For these equip x item and kill y enemies missions can I equip them to my party members and obtain them or does my avatar physically have to wield them for the kills to count?

vareon

Damn, I started The Repair Job (Lin's Affinity quest) and it wants me to find a lot of random stuff including things in Oblivia. Reloaded. Maybe later, Lin :/

Vena

Holy shit. I didn't realize the collectopedia gives you BP for registering items! I didn't even know you could register them!

Malus

Trying to fight a Slab Cinicula on a bridge for a mission.

Plan after 3 attempts:

- Hope it doesn't fall off

- Don't use arts that have your character jumping or sliding while near the edge

- Don't stand under it or it'll blast you off the bridge when it gets toppled

edit: YEAAAH

Diablos54

I'm having a hard time getting honey oils. I've fought Copper Ciniculas about 9 or so times. It would be as bad if they didn't have such high defenses. They aren't really that tough.

I need the honey oil to complete a quest to complete the certification to get the Skell license. It's a pain in the ass. I just want to get my mech!
From what I've heard, aim for the head. You need to destroy the first appendage, there's another underneath. Destroy that and you should get the honey oil.

Damn, I started The Repair Job (Lin's Affinity quest) and it wants me to find a lot of random stuff including things in Oblivia. Reloaded. Maybe later, Lin :/
That was one of the first ones I did. Thankfully the items aren't too far in, I went way before I went to Noctilum.

Gurrry

Holy shit man the download for the update errored out.

Is this a common issue? My wiiu is a little effed up so it wouldnt surprise me if its my HD

Edit: well nvm i guess i just lost internet for a sec cause its resuming

Thank god

Took me forever to get it to drop. However they also gave me my super amazing skell sniper rifle of doom while trying to get that honey oil.

Thing is I hunt like 20. Went off did other things. Found one while doing another mission then the item drops

Anyone know where the hell Coil Tree Cape is in Noctilum? I need to kill sludge caecuses there but I have no idea where it is and the wiki literally just shows a picture of Noctilum and says that's where Coil Tree Cape is.

I'll ask again any one know a good spot with mid to high 20s enemies nearby?

Mesa fortress south/southwestern area of Oblivia.

Neoweee

This is a good way to be perpetually under leveled

Eh, the EXP curve is so drastic that it is easy to punch high and catch up. I've had characters gain 2400 EXP per battle. If you do a bunch of exploration and quests, etc, your MC will be high enough to boot.

One of Bebpo's biggest complaints about the JP version was the absurd Affinity grinds. Things take 4 Hearts, whatever, and unless you have characters with you frequently for the Affinity bonus from quest completions you'll be locked out of a lot of content, or have to grind.

Lingitiz

Having a really hard time getting into this game. I'm in chapter 4 now just kind of running around doing the side quests. Every session I've played has gone about 30 mins before just getting kind of bored.

Will give it a few more tries and hopefully it'll hook me.

Shun

Anyone know where the hell Coil Tree Cape is in Noctilum? I need to kill sludge caecuses there but I have no idea where it is and the wiki literally just shows a picture of Noctilum and says that's where Coil Tree Cape is.

Mesa fortress south/southwestern area of Oblivia.

It's by FN Site 220. Near the little intersection between the continent.

Honey oils can be bought with tickets in the barracks.

If anyone needs help finding collectables and monsters, go check the link I just posted.

daydream

Banned
just out of curiosity: how many people here are regularly playing the game on the gamepad?

also, my question from before didn't get an answer: the "equip strongest gear" option seems kinda busted, it regularly suggests weaker gear than i have equipped. what's up with that?

Shun

Nice! What do the numbers mean beneath the item names?

The numbers mean FN Site it is closest to. It's a lot easier to help other people via telling FN site than saying the actual location something like Shark Jaws

just out of curiosity: how many people here are regularly playing the game on the gamepad?

also, my question from before didn't get an answer: the "equip strongest gear" option seems kinda busted, it regularly suggests weaker gear than i have equipped. what's up with that?

The gamepad is a necessity for me because fast travel. Always have in on hand.

Sölf

I play it on the pad. And I doubt I will switch after over 30 hours. I basically play until I have to recharge it again, which is roughly 3 1/2 hours. Then I pause it and do other stuff.

daycru

The follow ball always steers me wrong, can't find the Vitriol Cesspool. I did stumble upon it once, but got killed.

Diablos54

I play it on the gamepad at night because I can't have the sound up without using headphones. It's fine apart from the music cutting out when I switch to the map and back.

It does that to me with certain uniforms (i.e ground gear that takes up multiple slots such as the chest and arms).

Kinsei

Banned
The follow ball always steers me wrong, can't find the Vitriol Cesspool. I did stumble upon it once, but got killed.

It's on the beach in the southwest portion of the "main" portion of Noctilum. If you made it there then you should have activated the probe right outside the entrance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom