• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Yah, sorry I came off like an asshole. Was pre-coffee at the time.

Anyhow, the sheer number of things to level/consider/etc at first can be fairly overwhelming at first. I feel this game takes a good 15-20hrs to really get going where you feel you fully understand wtf is going on anyways.

It's an actual crime against yourself that you've yet to buy a WiiU to play this game. Go, now!

I would but between bills and Christmas shopping just not enough money. We'll see how things looks come tax. Time. I really want to the SE of this game though. Just because. Hopefully more pop up in the future.

Jobbs

Banned
I captured my last session for the hell of it.

http://www.gfycat.com/AlivePotableAnole

When it looks good, it looks good. It's a mixed thing, though.

In any case, god damn is it annoying all the gigantic high level aggroing beasts roaming the early areas. Been one hit killed from behind several times already.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
All right just got my skell license and first skell.

Quick questions to people who have played for a while:

- Where do we buy skell frames in the future?

- Where do we buy skell armor/weaponry?

Same place you buy normal weapons. Don't neglect the arm shields, they act as auras and buffs.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I'm sorry if I'm one of those scumbags that is asking about load time patches on E-shop, but are they really that important? I can tolerate the load times in Bloodborne, surely it can't be worse right?

Check out the OP, there's comparison videos.

Haunted

I simply cannot figure out what to do to heal anyone in my party during battle.

Help, please?
Look for the soul voice shoutouts and use your arts accordingly. If you do it correctly, you'll raise your morale. Raised morale increases the chance of those QTE "B" button prompts appearing. Nail them to heal both you and the NPC who initiated them.

It's not reliable at all when things are going poorly (which is when you need the heals the most).

Of course, there's always ways to indirectly "heal", by taking heat away from your beleaguered NPCs via taunting or stagger/topple for example.

cloudyy

Need some help. I have all the requirements for chapter 5 but I can't access it...
I did the "Renewed Will" affinity mission and installed a probe in Oblivia.

Malyse

Curious if this is just me, but is anyone else have disconnect issues? My Wii U is still online, but I get booted off the server. And is there any way to reconnect without quitting to title?

Also, since we just had a major discovery in another thread, you should know you can put on fashion armor and wear whatever you like!

Apparently people missed this.

sora87

This game actually feels less punishing than the original in terms of going up against enemies that are somewhat higher leveled than yourself. Though u wouldn't recommend getting in large gang fights it's not to yard to beat an enemy 3-5 levels above your party.

Yeah I can take on a level 20-22 enemy by itself no problem. But when there's 2 of them plus a level 30, that's not happening. Now I'm gonna have to just grind somewhere or try find some side quests.

Same place you buy normal weapons. Don't neglect the arm shields, they act as auras and buffs.

cool thanks. For now I'll leave him as is since I'll be buying my own at level 30 and giving this one (named Mr.Skeltal) to Elma. Then I'll buy a level 30 Heavy for Lin.

Fourth party member can just run and follow us I'm not MADE of money haha. Especially since party member I eventually get has his own Skell apparently so no need to buy one for him.

Dineren

Banned
Curious if this is just me, but is anyone else have disconnect issues? My Wii U is still online, but I get booted off the server. And is there any way to reconnect without quitting to title?

Also, since we just had a major discovery in another thread, you should know you can put on fashion armor and wear whatever you like!

Apparently people missed this.

It was pretty solid for me Saturday and Sunday, but I was disconnected a couple times yesterday. The only way to reconnect is to quit to the title unfortunately.

brinstar

Yeah I can take on a level 20-22 enemy by itself no problem. But when there's 2 of them plus a level 30, that's not happening. Now I'm gonna have to just grind somewhere or try find some side quests.
if you're in chapter 5 there's no reason to engage the level 30+ enemies, just sneak around them.

NeonZ

I just got the Skell. I'm a fan of mecha anime, so I was looking forward to it for a while, but I really really surprised by how powerful it is gameplay-wise. I basically rolled over a Tyrant that previously always managed to defeat my party. It could barely scratch the skell.

Kind of unrelated, but a picture of my avatar and some party members.

Party_01_zpsmgww9brt.jpg

got my Skell registered it to Elma
named it DOLL-OO1

so where is the insurance? afraid to take it out

I have 900,000 credits when can I buy more for the rest of the team?

Malyse

It was pretty solid for me Saturday and Sunday, but I was disconnected a couple times yesterday. The only way to reconnect is to quit to the title unfortunately.
Tch. I can get about an hour before I lose my connect. Sucks, cause the boosts have saved my ass on more than one occasion. I think that we should be allowed to make a fave list and freely recruit them for offline. Pay the fee and the next time you connect you shoot them some experience.

Neoweee

So, I think the general rule about who to use is:

Use Lin and Elma only when you have to.

During other exploration, use the other "main" (non-DLC) party members.

Farming Affinity was one of the biggest complaints about the game, and if you aren't give other characters love, you'll eventually be facing a HUGE grind to get Affinity for Affinity Missions blocking the main quest line.

To unlock Chapter 4 it says I need to complete the "BLADE Level Basics" mission or something, but I can't find that anywhere. What should I be doing?

cloudyy

Ok, I just realised I didn't actually do the affinity mission... I was sure I double checked (those checkmarks on the gamepad's map are misleading). Oh well.

Clawww

hornets in noctilum cause creatures to crazy temporarily

the white whale had special corrosion and rust proof plumbing

Nopon lanterns contain lumiscent leaves that must be harvested

Boze sniffs 'Meditation Powder' to improve his concentration

California Sunset - A spherical crystal that shimmers with the baked orange glow of a Californian dusk. The Pathfinder Corwin named it in memory of the sunsets he saw as a child back in his home state.

so where is the insurance? afraid to take it out
There is an insurances left stat on the Skell stats page. I heard AI party members always eject perfectly so won't consume insurance I don't know how true that is though.

If you run out of insurances you need to use a salvage ticket or pay the salvage fee to get your Skell repaired.

Neoweee

There is an insurances left stat on the Skell stats page. I heard AI party members always eject perfectly so won't consume insurance I don't know how true that is though.

If you run out of insurances you need to use a salvage ticket or pay the salvage fee to get your Skell repaired.

How do you get more insurance? Is it just the first few on each mech are on the house?

jackdoe

Farming Affinity was one of the biggest complaints about the game, and if you aren't give other characters love, you'll eventually be facing a HUGE grind to get Affinity for Affinity Missions blocking the main quest line.
WTF? Affinity missions can block the main quest line? That's a terrible design decision.

Not at all. The good rule is to always have Lin and Elma with you no matter what because so many affinity missions and every main mission requires them, and if they're underleveled you're basically fucked.

non-DLC characters might play their role every now and again in the story but I'd rather have 3 people at the right level (or above) than a bunch of people who barely meet the level if not underleveled. Unless you want to CONSTANTLY grind because basic/normal missions give like no EXP.

sora87

Run past them and hope they lose aggro before you die? I feel like that's what I ended up doing.

Whaaaaaat?

Yeah I tried that before, tried just destroying the turret before everyone died because the turrets are too close that you'd be able to lose aggro, but alas that didn't turn out too well.

I used Elma's invisibility thing but it wore off too quickly.

I registered my first to Elma because I am playing as her as much as I can
if at some point in the story she is not in the party or I switch it is good to know they eject well enough

I'll wait for a while before I buy will focus on grinding levels when I wake up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom