• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurrry

Is the 15 gb dlc a must have? Or is this only to speed up load times? Will everything still work if i dont have it?

Is the 15 gb dlc a must have? Or is this only to speed up load times? Will everything still work if i dont have it?

I was actually just wondering this myself as I'm waiting my copy to come in mail any day now. I remember reading earlier that they just speed up load times and the game is completely playable without them. I'm gonna check what's my free HDD space at the moment and I hope I can make up same space for them. Do I need to download the whole 15gb or can I improve the load times by just downloading some of the smaller ones?

Gurrry

My wiiU HD is barely hanging on by a thread. I deleted 2 games to free space but the install of the eshop stuff is hung up on about 10%. Its scary because i dont want to brick it... But i Think i have to unplug it

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I was actually just wondering this myself as I'm waiting my copy to come in mail any day now. I remember reading earlier that they just speed up load times and the game is completely playable without them. I'm gonna check what's my free HDD space at the moment and I hope I can make up same space for them. Do I need to download the whole 15gb or can I improve the load times by just downloading some of the smaller ones?

Load times, pop in for enemies and armor and npc's in menus. That sort of thing.

eaise

Neo Member
Aggro in this game is completely stupid. Enemies always aim for me. Even if I'm far away auto attacking with ranged while elma uses 3 different high damage arts on it.

I end up dying while elma and lin have full health. It's like the enemy knows it just needs to kill me to win

Vena

Time to retire the Urban Tel-01 (original, free skell), and upgrade to the Heavy Tel-02 (Mastema rebrand)!

And also time to retire my wallet.

NeonZ

Aggro in this game is completely stupid. Enemies always aim for me. Even if I'm far away auto attacking with ranged while elma uses 3 different high damage arts on it.

I end up dying while elma and lin have full health. It's like the enemy knows it just needs to kill me to win

Maybe you're just drawing more aggro? I've noticed that the enemy seems to often attack me right at the start when I'm just trying to run past them, but when there's an actual battle going on they don't really seem to focus on the player. Try using another character rather than your avatar and see what happens.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Maybe you're just drawing more aggro? I've noticed that the enemy seems to often attack me right at the start when I'm just trying to run past them, but when there's an actual battle going on they don't really seem to focus on the player. Try using another character rather than your avatar and see what happens.
The monsters always target me... As I spam all my taunt / arts in a row since I'm the tank. Hmmm.

Lol

Diffense

I don't think minimizing the direct damage you deal in order to manage aggro works well in this game. The enemies seem to have short memories and might turn on you anyway when you attack.
Perhaps you have to rely more on Taunt to manage aggro. If you're frail try including some sturdier allies with arts that inflict Taunt (like Infuriate).
You can also configure soulvoices which encourage them to use it (debuff/purple). Work on your evasion arts/skills/stats too and get behind enemies where you'll get evasion and accuracy + crit boosts.
I play as the tank so I'm always drawing the attacks on purpose. I'll probably switch it up later to see what it'd be like.

Jobbs

Banned
The music is so mixed in this game. Some of the music is sublime, some of the better video game music in recent history, and other tracks are just obnoxious/terrible.

Lingitiz

I recommend playing until at least chapter 5 and 6. That's where I'm at and it feels like the story is starting to pick up. But if you don't enjoy running around and sightseeing the game might not be for you.

Yeah possibly IDK. I don't find the actual traversal to be all that fun, the player character movement feels sort of strange to me and even after tweaking I can't get the camera to work in a way that I'm satisfied with. It resets itself when it comes closer to the character and then snaps back out from further away. Artistically the game looks great, but it is dated technically which takes away from that IMO. The faces are awful but that's not a new opinion.

not really kill you to win if they can kill it within 30 seconds haha.

For those not in know yeah, if you get defeated as long as your teammates beat the enemy within 30s before it autorespawns you will be revived.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is it possible to finish the game within 30h ? I find hard to have time to play games nowadays. I would
Pay better cheaper and shorter game 😅

jackdoe

Just accepted an affinity mission "The Repair Job". Only problem is that it requires something from Oblivia, a continent that I have yet to reach. And I cannot cancel the mission. Great. Just great. Time to waste time trying to get to Oblivia on foot I guess.

random25

Just accepted an affinity mission "The Repair Job". Only problem is that it requires something from Oblivia, a continent that I have yet to reach. And I cannot cancel the mission. Great. Just great. Time to waste time trying to get to Oblivia on foot I guess.

If you haven't saved then just reset and reload.

Did you finally upgrade your other equipment :p

So uh I hear you can upgrade equipment in the terminal. How does that work? Do you simply upgrade their base stats, or does it level it up as well and you can't level it up past your current level?

Is that Lin's mission? If so, don't worry the Oblivia thing can be grabbed right at the beginning of the area where it connects with Primordia.

zroid

Banned
So uh I hear you can upgrade equipment in the terminal. How does that work? Do you simply upgrade their base stats, or does it level it up as well and you can't level it up past your current level?

You can basically advance the levels of whatever abilities the equipment possesses (so like Melee Attack I -> Melee Attack II)

you need to have the required materials for whatever ability it is

Baliis

If it makes you feel better, you're supposed to wall there anyways.

boiled goose

good with gravy
So i remove gear from party members im not using to have it available.

But then they are hanging out naked around town and in cutscenes haha.

Any easy solutions?

MihowZa

Banned
After 25 hours I learn after an auto arrack if I switch weapons the auto attack cool down goes away. So just keep switching weopens even auto attacking. I wonder what other major points I'm missing.

Diffense

Is it possible to finish the game within 30h ? I find hard to have time to play games nowadays. I would
Pay better cheaper and shorter game ��

I honestly don't think this game will be fun if you feel like you have to rush to finish it. It'll probably be a chore to play. I can play for hours and realize I've only scratched the surface and love it for that. If you'll hate it for that same reason, stay away.

After 25 hours I learn after an auto arrack if I switch weapons the auto attack cool down goes away. So just keep switching weopens even auto attacking. I wonder what other major points I'm missing.

It's only the secondary cooldown (the green ring around the art) that depends on the weapon type. The primary cooldown will progress regardless of the weapon you're using. Probably that's what you were saying but just in case...

Vena

Damn. The Mastema is impossible to maneuver as a vehicle, lol.

Imma have to drop off this Tel-02 off on one of the NPCs and I'll buy another once I have the money, haha.

NeonZ

You'd need to go to Oblivia without a Skell anyway even if you were just following story missions. It's not sequence breaking.

Any easy solutions?

Use the "Fashion Gear" option (X on the part where you choose which part of their equipment you'll change, and then choose Fashion Gear). That will allow you to give them the look of any unused equipment that you have, doesn't matter their actual equipment (and equipping those pieces afterwards for real won't remove their look if it was set before that).

Any easy solutions?

Clearly the only solution is you make everyone just wear their underwear so they don't feel self-conscious.

But really just give them some of the MANY MANY shitty clothing you get while defeating enemies and doing basic missions.

Daknight

I am still trying to reach the 15 % for chapter 4 to be open lol I just get lost doing something else, finding places. I am at around 13.00 right now. Hope to reach the other 2% tomorrow!

colinp

Banned
How do you increase your choices of division spoils?

Is it based on who is the leading faction? I had like three or four choices the first day and now I only have like two. I'm a pathfinder and they're never close to #1. Should I switch to something else to get more of a selection?

boiled goose

good with gravy
Clearly the only solution is you make everyone just wear their underwear so they don't feel self-conscious.

But really just give them some of the MANY MANY shitty clothing you get while defeating enemies and doing basic missions.

Yeah sure. On the other hand... they are very easy to find this way.

I wish there was a way to just return them to their default outfit without having to track down all the gear. Oh... fashion?

Just got 2/5 current AMs to level 5. Jesus gonna get my new one to Lvl 4 and then take it easy with this. It's so time dependent, the upside is that I can leave the game running as I watch TV and just switch to the gamepad, then wiggle the joystick every now and then until I get more resources.

Gurrry

alright well it looks like im gonna have to live without the data packs

ive gotta get this wiiU fixed.. but sending it to nintendo for 100 bucks just doesnt sit well with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom