• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know I thought that using an Art that halves your live for 1000 TP would make me not use it that often but with a tank getting the attention of enemies it's great. I can go crazy using it and doing a buttload of damage with my TP skills and my Art that does more damage the lower my life is.
That would be great. I'm finding Lin difficult to use as a tank though and not sure what to do about it. She is immortal when she has aggro but she just doesn't seem to hold it that well.

Searching for this em motor for the proper chopper quest is just so annoying. This game's quests are so problematic with how they're structured and the drop rate/area where the things are located a total mystery

Part of the reason I'm not doing so many affinity quests/gathering quests. Shit's just annoying because it tends to be a rare drop/item which means lol no fuck you you ain't getitng it ever.

That would be great. I'm finding Lin difficult to use as a tank though and not sure what to do about it. She is immortal when she has aggro but she just doesn't seem to hold it that well.

have you messed with her arts/skills?

When i checked her at early level 20 she had a bunch of low level skills haha, had to give her some of the higher ones.

If they make another Xenoblade game, I really want them to drop the whole blue orb -> random items you pick up. It just leads to very poor gathering quest design. I'd much rather they just do the MMO thing where it points you in a direction and you pick up things off the ground instead of running around in circles for ever how long it takes for the RNG gods to bless you.

Diffense

Is it weird for me to like the NLA theme (both day and night)?

Someone who doesn't play games was around when I was playing and started doing a little dance to the NLA theme. LOL.

They're catchy and I think they create a unique atmosphere in NLA. The devs could have gone for a subdued/saddish town theme and it would have felt a lot different. I like it the way it is.

After getting my skell and souping it up with some weapons, i have the biggest, stupidest fucking grin on my face. This mech stuff is what got me so excited about the game and i'm really glad it delivers. At least for me.

Chaos17

If they make another Xenoblade game, I really want them to drop the whole blue orb -> random items you pick up. It just leads to very poor gathering quest design. I'd much rather they just do the MMO thing where it points you in a direction and you pick up things off the ground instead of running around in circles for ever how long it takes for the RNG gods to bless you.

They could do both <3
So we could know at least where to farm, lol

Does different armor affect art cool down time? If so, how can I tell by how much?
If my memory is correct you do have a stat named cooldown on the equipement.
You even have the time for ammano reload, lol.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Someone who doesn't play games was around when I was playing and started doing a little dance to the NLA theme. LOL.

They're catchy and I think they create a unique atmosphere in NLA. The devs could have gone for a subdued/saddish town theme and it would have felt a lot different. I like it the way it is.

I find the NLA music to be so bad I don't even want to be in town.

If the developers just used a subdued track no one would have had any problems.

This music is just plain awful. And the fact that you can't even adjust the volume is just rude.

Parfait

God, this game, so gooooood.

Just finished Chapter 9. Real intense fights at the end there, rip 1 insurance :(

Anyway, I'm 40 so it's time to level up again. I wanna get comfy and chill all the way to 50. I got my skell the gundam weapons for some ez big damage, and I also wanna finish up leveling samurai gunner/duelist. Any ezpz spots for around that level?

Also relatedly, anyone know the materials for Exp up X and XX?

Kyzon

New Desktop right here!

rBITaD3.jpg

So are you guys equipping your skells to use similar weapons/have similar skills/arts as you? or just going as you want even if it's completely different to your regular playstyle?

Ventara

Just got the guide today, and wow, it is amazing. Has all the info I want, including where and when to find specific item drops. So glad I got this.

On a side note, if anyone wants the digital guide for $5 USD Paypal gift, shoot me a PM.

Diffense

They could do both <3
So we know at least where to farm, lol

I find it hard to leave blue gems behind. Help me ... lol

I agree that it would be helpful if the Collectopedia, for example, recorded exactly which region you found something in because the continents are huge and some items only appear in certain areas within them. Pokemon works by RNGesus too but when you catch one the Pokedex records where to farm for more. It'd be nice if future Xenoblades got that feature. I don't mind farming for items if I know I'm in the right place.

Shaldome

After 57 hours I finished chapter 5 with this crew.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_018wpol.jpg

And that opened up a lot of more quest for me to do tomorrow before going on to chapter 6. Looking forward to it.

Teknoman

Any game with northern lights effect is awesome.

I've come to the realization that standard lock on sucks (pressing L) since it breaks the instant you touch the right stick. Appendage lock is nice...but I wish you could toggle targets in another way...aside from just being closest to the body part you want to lock.

Either im doing something wrong, or that red reticle around the target indicator is supposed to confirm being locked on?

As it is now, seems like its just roll in as Monster Hunterish. Just keep adjusting the camera manually as needed, and always use appendage lock. Unless pressing L is just more of a quick cam center function.

Yeah I'm like 4-5 hours in and this is me still. Feel like I've gotten a grasp on some things finally though. Main things I'm not thrilled about to this point are the font size (seriously holy shit) and some of the menus, in particular inventory management, aren't great. I'm off tomorrow and will hopefully by the first full day I can sit down with the game to really get into it and I think that will help a lot, playing in very short bursts hasn't been the best idea I don't think.

Tweet NOA and NOE about it...at least thats what I did.

Also my Miiverse post:

iG9CgC0.png

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkrfAvScg

You can't buy it, if it runs out on a skell the only way to get more is to buy another of the same frame. You can get insurance vouchers from the daily division rewards if your division is at the top of the board though. They're used for one free repair/"insurancing".

Should also note that your allies always get a perfect eject. In other words they don't deplete your insurance when they get blown up. Only you can do that by failing to get a Perfect eject.

Perfect eject means you pay nothing for repair so make sure to do it every time.

So are you guys equipping your skells to use similar weapons/have similar skills/arts as you? or just going as you want even if it's completely different to your regular playstyle?

I have a melee suit so that's what I've been putting on mine.

Fuel consumption hasn't been an issue so far. I don't even pay for fuel, just bind one of the larger enemies. It might potentially become an issue for your allies though.

The Amduscias I bought has 25K fuel compared to the 7.5K that the starter Skell has.

So are there any main missions later in the game that requires higher affinity for like... non-Elma/Lin characters? I ask because I read a few pages ago that you could be blocked from progressing if one of your character's affinities were low and you couldn't do the prereq affinity quest for the main story. The thought of having to grind for affinity on a character I don't care about using really worries me.

have you messed with her arts/skills?

When i checked her at early level 20 she had a bunch of low level skills haha, had to give her some of the higher ones.
Yeah, she's nice and updated. It's why she is basically untouchable when she does have the aggro, even to enemies a decent amount higher than her. She just doesn't hold it. Her taunt is fully upgraded, but doesn't seem to help. Going to boost her damage as much as possible but i don't want to sacrifice too many defensive arts.

Searching for this em motor for the proper chopper quest is just so annoying. This game's quests are so problematic with how they're structured and the drop rate/area where the things are located a total mystery

I'm working on this quest too and decided to look it up. The guide says it should be in the NW (#5) part of the map, though its fairly rare

Should also note that your allies always get a perfect eject. In other words they don't deplete your insurance when they get blown up. Only you can do that by failing to get a Perfect eject.

Perfect eject means you pay nothing for repair so make sure to do it every time.

I have a melee suit so that's what I've been putting on mine.

Fuel consumption hasn't been an issue so far. I don't even pay for fuel, just bind one of the larger enemies. It might potentially become an issue for your allies though.

The Amduscias I bought has 25K fuel compared to the 7.5K that the starter Skell has.

what do you mean by melee suit? As in the Skell is optimal for melee or you put on armor parts that are better for melee?

Also how does skell leveling work?

Is there a reason to buy the more expensive frames vs just improving the armor/weapons of the lvl 30 ones?

boiled goose

good with gravy
After chapter 5.
how do you get into mannon ship and how do you alter your appearance?

Also. Im really enjoying this game but it's very different from the masterpiece that was xenoblade. In that game which character you used and your team composition really affected how you played. Here everyone plays kinda samey

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
After chapter 5.
how do you get into mannon ship and how do you alter your appearance?

Also. Im really enjoying this game but it's very different from the masterpiece that was xenoblade. In that game which character you used and your team composition really affected how you played. Here everyone plays kinda samey

The transporter for the first one is to the left of the BLADE tower entrance. The second is part of a basic mission from the board.

Chaos17

So are there any main missions later in the game that requires higher affinity for like... non-Elma/Lin characters? I ask because I read a few pages ago that you could be blocked from progressing if one of your character's affinities were low and you couldn't do the prereq affinity quest for the main story. The thought of having to grind for affinity on a character I don't care about using really worries me.

Yes, I can already see in game some affinity mission for level 30+ for most of my companions and I'm only at chapter 4, lol.

I can"t...stop... doing... sidequests!
Blade fetch quests (from the board), don't do them (the gathering ones)
Just take them when you've the items.
The effort to do them isn't worth your time (imo) and they can be completry messed up in term of difficulty.
The reason is that I noticed more higher my blade rank was more diffult quests I got even if they were just 1 star Q_Q

Better do instead red and green markers when you don't have anymore to do, it might be time to advance in the story, lel.
But beware that those quests can be unlocked with dialogs you get from the citizen (named or not) and when you will also advance the affinity tree.

Just finished Chapter 5.

I suspected something like that was going on because of something the leader guy said about "if the lifehold were gone, we wouldn't be here." That led me to believe their real bodies were in the lifehold and also kind of explained why everyone has such weird eyes.

---

I'm still not sure if I should just focus on 3-4 characters and keep progressing through the story or try to level up some of the other characters. I'm like lvl20 and others are lvl12-14 (besides Elma and Lin). :( Realllly wish everyone gained exp together, sigh.

people say its easier to power level other party members later on after your main group is leveled up, like fighting easy mobs for your mains (but way higher level than your lowbie) since they still get xp even when dead

RagnarokX

I'm working on this quest too and decided to look it up. The guide says it should be in the NW (#5) part of the map, though its fairly rare
They're in and around the weeping whitewood. Fast travel to the great nail and climb the giant tree root there to reach the cliffs above.
Dont fall into the Xenoblade Chronicles trap. You'll get burned out!

Speak for yourself. I completed Colony 6.

Teknoman

They're in and around the weeping whitewood. Fast travel to the great nail and climb the giant tree root there to reach the cliffs above.

Speak for yourself. I completed Colony 6.

You've got greater tolerance for side stuff than me, thats for sure. 60 hr mark is usually my RPG limit.

Yes, I can already see in game some affinity mission for level 30+ for most of my companions and I'm only at chapter 4, lol.

Yeah I've seen higher level affinity quests, but most of them probably aren't required to beat the main story. I know like Chapters 5 and 6 require doing affinity missions before starting it, but I wouldn't want a requirement to be an affinity mission that meant I needed to grind affinity for a character.

people say its easier to power level other party members later on after your main group is leveled up, like fighting easy mobs for your mains (but way higher level than your lowbie) since they still get xp even when dead

Ah yeah, I could see that being easy to do. I don't really know how to grind affinity or if there is an easy way to do it in this game, though.

Shun

So can I own more than 10 dolls later in the game or is my garage completely full?

I have 10 frames already and I'm not even at chapter 9 yet. Hopefully the DLC frames come out soon, I want to collect more models.

Vena

What the hell does Nopon Trading Guild bring to the table? I got them to level 3 and didn't unlock shit.

I'm of the mindset that if people are warriors they should look the part haha, so every one of my party members will end up looking like Master Chief.

I've been nameless, faceless Master Chief since the start of the game. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom