• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
EhbnIrG.jpg

I think my biggest annoyance with Skells is that you need to take them with you when you go outside? I mean what's going on there?

I went to Barracks the first time I got mine, came out and it wasn't there, so I assumed it would spawn with me when I went out and clicked on "Return to skell". Not able to click it.

Where do the Skells go if you don't take it with you? I mean what's the point of the Skell hangar in the barracks if they aren't there for ease of access.

Also where do you buy Skell insurance?

edit: nevermind I had deregistered it the first time haha. Now it's back with me.

colinp

Banned
How do you increase your choices of division spoils?

Is it based on who is the leading faction? I had like three or four choices the first day and now I only have like two. I'm a pathfinder and they're never close to #1. Should I switch to something else to get more of a selection?

Anyone?

sora87

Searching for this em motor for the proper chopper quest is just so annoying. This game's quests are so problematic with how they're structured and the drop rate/area where the things are located a total mystery

TrueBlue

Quick question about research probes: say for instance I find a scenic viewpoint after placing a nearby probe - will the revenue change to reflect that find or will it stay the same?

jmizzal

Where do you go to get your skell licenses?

The guy said come see him, but I dont see him

edit nvm

He left the area lol

Dineren

Banned

I'm not sure, but that's what I'm guessing. I'm a reclaimer which hasn't moved in rank and I've always got 5 choices. I switched to Outfitter which I think was in first so I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Edit: Guess it was prospectors that I picked. The division change is odd, if the number next to the division name is the cost, then it was really cheap to change to the prospectors. Switching to Pathfinders is far more expensive, unless that number is something else.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
It seems like raising your level in this takes far longer than Xenoblade---though I just picked up an EXP III Augment so hopefully that helps.

Finally getting the hang of all the stats. I just wish you could order your Equipment by certain stats though when you're looking for one in particular, and also Save Sets would be nice when switching between classes.

So for those using Skells often is it worth it?

Do you keep a set of Skell wear on your character all of the time or do you buy skell wear and regular armor to switch to depending on the situation? Does fuel consumption become a hassle as you're traveling around?

LowParry

Question. So I'm probably going to be hooking up my Wii U to my secondary monitor. But have no source of sound. Can the majority of the sound be played off the Wii U pad with headphones?

jackdoe

If you haven't saved then just reset and reload.
Problem is that I saved right before I completed the first phase, a simple fetch quest, without realizing that there was a more tedious second phase. Fuck whoever designed affinity missions to be un-cancellable.

Riki

Question. So I'm probably going to be hooking up my Wii U to my secondary monitor. But have no source of sound. Can the majority of the sound be played off the Wii U pad with headphones?
No sadly no sound comes through the GamePad unless you play off TV.

MrDaravon

Yeah I'm like 4-5 hours in and this is me still. Feel like I've gotten a grasp on some things finally though. Main things I'm not thrilled about to this point are the font size (seriously holy shit) and some of the menus, in particular inventory management, aren't great. I'm off tomorrow and will hopefully by the first full day I can sit down with the game to really get into it and I think that will help a lot, playing in very short bursts hasn't been the best idea I don't think.

Vena

Mastema Skell with a high grade Sniper Rifle turns Chapter 7 into a shooting gallery. I one-shot every enemy, lol.

Matchew

Getting stuck in chapter 5 because the enemies are 3 levels above me and I can't really progress, sucks. I'm loving the game but the constant higher level enemies just jumping up and you can't do anything about it really is too bad. On top of that the combat isn't very good at all, its a mess and I don't feel like it gives me enough control of what I want to do. Is there a way you can set it up where teammates target only your target?

Riki

Getting stuck in chapter 5 because the enemies are 3 levels above me and I can't really progress, sucks. I'm loving the game but the constant higher level enemies just jumping up and you can't do anything about it really is too bad. On top of that the combat isn't very good at all, its a mess and I don't feel like it gives me enough control of what I want to do. Is there a way you can set it up where teammates target only your target?
You should be able to use the DPad commands for that.

Chaos17

Searching for this em motor for the proper chopper quest is just so annoying. This game's quests are so problematic with how they're structured and the drop rate/area where the things are located a total mystery

Try to talk to npc who give quest, they usually tell you where to search.

It's easy to level up when you're doing normal quests of your level, you just need to unlock them.
About the combat, here's a guide for you : https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...lade_chronicles_x_combat_guide_for_beginners/
If you've more questions, I've started to compile infos about the game : https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.com/category/faq/

Dineren

Banned

If you hold R you can give your teammates orders with the d-pad. R+Up causes them to focus on your target.

zma1013

Pretty much. Somehow I seemed to have activated something called a treasure deal and I got lvl 23 chrome blade swords seemingly out of nowhere... I'm lvl 10. I have no clue what is happening but hey I'm having fun. I have about a bazillion questions but I'll just ask one right now, how do I level up mechanic?

random25

Pretty much. Somehow I seemed to have activated something called a treasure deal and I got lvl 23 chrome blade swords seemingly out of nowhere... I'm lvl 10. I have no clue what is happening but hey I'm having fun. I have about a bazillion questions but I'll just ask one right now, how do I level up mechanic?

Once you finish chapter 3, talk to Eleanora (did I get her name right?) the girl near the mission board just outside of the barracks. She'll provide level up for your field skills for every BLADE level up you get.

Funny thing for me was finding the Weeping White Wood was the hardest part. When I finally found it I was like "great, now to find this motor" only to discover I already had it. it was literally the first blue crystal I ran into when I first stepped into the area.

Dineren

Banned
Did not know this, going to help out a lot. Thanks

Also don't forget you can upgrade your arts and skills if you're struggling. I'm about 35 hours in and there hasn't really been a time where I couldn't kill something a few levels higher than me. You may have to get creative with pulling at times though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet

When you're in a squad you can choose to "Treasure Deal" your loot after a battle, which will distribute it to another squad member randomly I think---someone probably didn't need it so they tossed it and it ended up your way.

Vena

Talk to the chopper pilot, he tells you where it is.

You know I thought that using an Art that halves your live for 1000 TP would make me not use it that often but with a tank getting the attention of enemies it's great. I can go crazy using it and doing a buttload of damage with my TP skills and my Art that does more damage the lower my life is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom