• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been nameless, faceless Master Chief since the start of the game. :p

Once I unlock the eyepatch I'll make my guy use it as a fashion headpiece, but until then he'll be "bad guy from power rangers" armor dude.

Also does everyone here boast at every opportunity? I like to tease people and boast as much as possible. Such a jokester this one.

Man, I remember having chills down my spine... Time can sure fly, this announcement was so far away from the release and yet here we are

It's probably the most hype-inducing reveal trailer I've personally seen live. I was so surprised and happy by what I saw. It ended up being not quite what I expected from my thoughts back then (not a bad thing necessarily, just different in how I thought the game would be). I was SO sure the guy at the end was Shulk or related to Shulk in some way, lol.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm of the mindset that if people are warriors they should look the part haha, so every one of my party members will end up looking like Master Chief.

I think they should look like explorers so that's what I've been going for. My PC especially looks good. Gotta get a pic tomorrow to show him off.

Chaos17

WVW69ipKhBoCtK4Wkh

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkrnZfGwQ

I want a cute female nopponnnnnnnnn!!!!!! (●♡∀♡)

R00bot

I hope this continues to be a series for Nintendo

I need my xenoblade fix for NX

That would be amazing. Thing is once the NX comes out we could be close to a reveal for their next game, with up to 2 years development time already being under their belts.

RagnarokX

I still haven't even started Chapter 5 and I'm Lv. 25 and I've unlocked a bunch of playable characters.

Last night I completed an affinity mission that took me all the way to Cauldros and unlocked Hope as a party member. I hate her personality but she seems to be a pretty good party member:

YKirz0Eh.jpg

R00bot

I still haven't even started Chapter 5 and I'm Lv. 25 and I've unlocked a bunch of playable characters.

Last night I completed an affinity mission that took me all the way to Cauldros and unlocked Hope as a party member. I hate her personality but she seems to be a pretty good party member:

YKirz0Eh.jpg

Do Chapter 5, it's easily the best chapter I've done so far (only done up to 6 tho).

jackdoe

My god this game respects my time as much as MGSV. Holy shit, these fucking white cometites. I'm leaving the game on just so my mining probes have the chance to randomly give me 4 more white cometites. Cannot believe this is for an uncancellable Affinity Mission. Is there any way I can speed this up? I have probes at the two locations I can realistically reach at my current level. I have the probe chain effect. Is there anything else I can do?

Kyzon

Yup. My fav party member is
The Murderess
she's up my alley.

Edit: I just noticed that for story missions I'm going all female party outside of myself. Such fun characters.

So can skills be reset in this game? I'm afraid of fucking up my character. :<

You can change your class anytime and retain old skills/arts so it's encouraged to try different things out.

what do you mean by melee suit? As in the Skell is optimal for melee or you put on armor parts that are better for melee?

Also how does skell leveling work?

Is there a reason to buy the more expensive frames vs just improving the armor/weapons of the lvl 30 ones?

Melee suit as in Skell pilot suit that has melee attack bonsues while using a Skell. Sakuraba Industries makes that one.

Not sure what you mean by Skell leveling. Each Skell has a frame level which is pretty much what its level is and what you need to pilot it (you need to be level 30 to pilot a Skell with Frame level 30).

Higher Frame level means higher base stats and HP. Also certain Skell weapons have a Frame level requirement. so you'll need a Skell with higher Frame level if you eventually want to use more powerful Skell weapons.

Diffense

I hope this continues to be a series for Nintendo

I need my xenoblade fix for NX

I think that if Nintendo continues to greenlight Monolithsoft's RPG projects they'll want to slap Xenoblade on the games just from a brand awareness standpoint. So I feel like it'll be a series even if the games remain unconnected like Final Fantasy.
Case in point, the original Xenoblade involved a real mythical sword but X's connection is a tenuous acronym, B.L.A.D.E, that was made to work. Clearly, the latter is a bit forced compared to there being an actual blade as a major story element.
Takahashi said that he is already at work on his next project and Monolithsoft is an RPG developer so I don't know what else they could be making. Nintendo invested in them with complete knowledge of their area of expertise because they wanted to fill gaps in their console libraries. I expect their output to continue.
*crosses fingers*
<---not really a spoiler.

Eteric Rice

Yup. My fav party member is
The Murderess
she's up my alley.

Edit: I just noticed that for story missions I'm going all female party outside of myself. Such fun characters.

You can change your class anytime and retain old skills/arts so it's encouraged to try different things out.

Not so much class, but I'm concerned about permanently fucking up my character with skill choices.

IIRC they were unlimited in the first game, so you could max everything out. Is it like that in this game?

denshuu

Spent all my money on skell armor and light armor, and now I have to win a huge fight without my skell for the next story mission.

Time to put all that off and play with fashion sets.

EWSwKP1.jpg

Diffense

Not so much class, but I'm concerned about permanently fucking up my character with skill choices.

IIRC they were unlimited in the first game, so you could max everything out. Is it like that in this game?

I don't think you can mess up because you can change equipped skills at any time and you can raise skills' levels as long as you have BP to spend. AFAIK, there is no upper limit on the BP you can earn.

finalflame

TWeTQUi.jpg

Man, the areas in this game are amazing, and uploading screenshots on the gamepad is a breeze. Much better experience for me than on PS4.

Jims

Switching from a melee-focused class to a range-focused class takes a lot of adjusting. Going down the Commando branch of classes and decided to do the Partisan Eagle/Astral Crusader line (since Elma is a Full Metal Jaguar). Feels like more of a game manager class rather than one with a lot of action. Those slow sniper shots take awhile to get used to. Didn't make a very good first impression, but then again, it's hard to say until you get the Arts.

Kyzon

I'm like 99% sure you can max everything as your skills are not tied to your character level. Classes level up on their own, so feel free to go out and do whatever.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks, every way i come at it though it's surrounded by cliffs :(

There's this giant tree trunk that you have to walk on, it takes you upward. Forget the area name exactly but I can try to check in a few.

Malus

Really curious to see what that big green glow in the dark tree-looking thing in Sylvalum is about. Going there once I get my Skell.

Kiryu

I finally got to play Xenoblade Chronicles and I got up to 15 level but I am not even started on my Chapter 3... I was stuck doing Yardley's Scheme for that... 1 California sunset collectible item which I haven't found it...

I do not know how mining probe works when I am doing my first Lin Affinity quest. "The Repair Job" quest.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and explore on!

Dineren

Banned
Finally got my Skell after 35 hours. I must've lucked out on the missions I had a couple of them done when I accepted the quest and the rest took me maybe 20 minutes of running around to finish.

I really like the mobility progression they have in place. I'm sure some would like you to get the skell much faster, but it feels so satisfying to get it after having run most of the world on foot already.

One odd thing is that it was destroyed in a fight I was pretty sure I had hit the QTE, but when I got to the barracks it said my Skell was destroyed and the insurance was used. When I look at the skell in the hanger it says I have 3 Skell insurance, does that mean it I didn't fail the QTE?

random25

I finally got to play Xenoblade Chronicles and I got up to 15 level but I am not even started on my Chapter 3... I was stuck doing Yardley's Scheme for that... 1 California sunset collectible item which I haven't found it...

I do not know how mining probe works when I am doing my first Lin Affinity quest. "The Repair Job" quest.

To use a special probe (mining, research, etc) go to the map in the gamepad, click on the data probe already set, then click change probe. Change will come with a fee.

I hope someone can help me here. I just got the game a few hours ago and so far I'm loving it. It is absolutely gorgeous! However, there's a lot that goes unexplained in the game (as everyone knows) and I'm fine with that, but one thing that I'd love to know now is how to I revive party members?

For example, Elma goes down and states she needs to be revived or healed, but I don't seem to have any Arts that can revive or heal. Am I missing something?

I just finished the 2nd mission, to give an idea of where I am and what I have.

Any help is appreciated!

Been playing this off and on for several days now. Fantastic world, has that great, illusive quality that old Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 3 had where just exploring the world is fun.

For better or worse, I'm basically playing this alongside the original on 3DS. Still trying to understand the intricacies of X's battle system comparatively. Does Aggro still play a part in battles? Break/topple/stun?

I'm starting to understand the Battle Voice thing, and love how it ties together the feel of being a unit, but man do I miss my heal skills.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I hope someone can help me here. I just got the game a few hours ago and so far I'm loving it. It is absolutely gorgeous! However, there's a lot that goes unexplained in the game (as everyone knows) and I'm fine with that, but one thing that I'd love to know now is how to I revive party members?

For example, Elma goes down and states she needs to be revived or healed, but I don't seem to have any Arts that can revive or heal. Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated!

You need to have 3000 TP (the green bar next to your HP). When you do, you can stand next to them and there will be an A button prompt to revive them.

random25

Any help is appreciated!

You must have collected a TP of 3000 (see the right bar beside your character stat during battle) then approach the fallen party member and press A. Once revived, time the B prompt correctly and you'll have the revived party member a massive HP recovery (they'll be revived initially at low health).

Dineren

Banned

FYI, if you haven't seen yet, you can't abandon affinity quests or story missions and you can only have one of those at a time so make sure you save at the start of each mission. If you find out the mission is too difficult or time consuming it is really helpful to be able to jump back to that save so you aren't locked in. Lin's affinity quest is a pretty good example because you are stuck waiting for resources from mining which can take a long time before you can continue the story or pick up another affinity quest.

Kiryu

To use a special probe (mining, research, etc) go to the map in the gamepad, click on the data probe already set, then click change probe. Change will come with a fee.
I did that. There's no positive about... "basic probe" thing so keep it this way eh?

One more thing, I did mining probe then how do I get my white comeities? Going to pick them on blue orbs around that place?

FYI, if you haven't seen yet, you can't abandon affinity quests or story missions and you can only have one of those at a time so make sure you save at the start of each mission. If you find out the mission is too difficult or time consuming it is really helpful to be able to jump back to that save so you aren't locked in. Lin's affinity quest is a pretty good example because you are stuck waiting for resources from mining which can take a long time before you can continue the story or pick up another affinity quest.
Well I can't abandon the quest but... I am lvl 15 and I am not high enough to go to... Oblivia. :/

You need to have 3000 TP (the green bar next to your HP). When you do, you can stand next to them and there will be an A button prompt to revive them.

You must have collected a TP of 3000 (see the right bar beside your character stat during battle) then approach the fallen party member and press A. Once revived, time the B prompt correctly and you'll have the revived party member a massive HP recovery (they'll be revived initially at low health).

Good to know. Thank you both so much. I really appreciate it! Now, back to Mira!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom