• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickyson1

haven't had much time for this yet but pretty great so far

i've spent like 4-5 hours already just wandering around(plus hours more in the city and such) and barely even put a dent in the first continent

Shun

I wish there was a theatre so I could replay cutscenes and movies. I'm on chapter 8 right now and I hate that I'm not gonna be able to watch this again unless I start all over again...

(꒦ິ⌑꒦ີ)

Guys I'm trying to recruit murderess but her affinity quest isn't appearing. What gives?

I know it needs you to be a min level 22 and to have beaten chapter 5. I've done both of those. So where is the mission? Not seeing it in map.

Anyone? Who has recruited her here? What did you do prior? Was it an affinity mission for her or did it require you have another party member higher?

Chaos17

Guys I'm trying to recruit murderess but her affinity quest isn't appearing. What gives?

I know it needs you to be a min level 22 and to have beaten chapter 5. I've done both of those. So where is the mission? Not seeing it in map.

Some companions mission are in the Blade quest board.
I just had today 3 quests to unlock companions (Dlc girl, Phorg and Hope)

Some companions mission are in the Blade quest board.
I just had today 3 quests to unlock companions (Dlc girl, Phorg and Hope)

nah the guide and people online are saying you need to be lvl 22, past chapter 3 or 5, and to have Irina in your party. Can't see the quest anywhere so I'm assuming I gotta get Irina's affinity up.

Shun

Anyone? Who has recruited her here? What did you do prior? Was it an affinity mission for her or did it require you have another party member higher?

It's in the Administrative District where Doug is by one of the cargo containers.

It has a scene with Irina but I don't think you're required to bring anyone other than her.

I think you need to be at least ~21-24 to do it.

HiroTSK5

I am banging my face against the Chapter 10 boss and getting nowhere.

I lowered the difficulty when the game asked and I died faster the next time I fought it, what the hell am I supposed to do against it?

SalvaPot

heart to heart as in what it was in OG xenoblade and not a affinity mission?

Fairly similar. Yes, they are not affinity missions, they pretty much give you backstory or more information about the characters.They appear as a heart on the map, but there is no icon, the heart is to tell you "There is a character you can have a heart to heart with around this area. Look for him/her".

O______o
o__________________o

Thank you!

No problem!

m6n4UMI.jpg

Yo.

censored my ass
the breasts had to die so the booty could live i guess
equivalent exchange

Jarmel

Banned
Yea I'm starting to get frustrated with this game in how bullshit it can be.

Fuck whoever decided that teammates shouldn't be autoleveled with you. Straight up fuck them. I'm now stuck at Chapter 9 because one of my teammates is too low at level 20 and so it's super fucking hard with just three. Of course the goddamn game restricted the two teammates that are actually somewhat close me.

Like what the fuck were they thinking?

Fuck whoever decided that teammates shouldn't be autoleveled with you. Straight up fuck them. I'm now stuck at Chapter 9 because one of my teammates is too low at level 20 and so it's super fucking hard with just three. Of course the goddamn game restricted the two teammates that are actually somewhat close me.

Oh jesus. Which teammates do you NEED to have with you in that mission? I'd like to prepare myself so I can level them. And yeah fuck that decision if they're gonna force you to use other teammates every now and then.

Dad

The thing that pisses me off the most is that they already had this down in the original game. What fucking happened here?

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Someone said that best advice is to just level up yourself, lin, and elma and then go back later and get your teammates which will help them level up faster.

Mashing

I ran into a random GAF'er today. Firehead, with an in game name of Ziggy. I didn't see his post in this thread though.

Btw, the Tyrant music is so fucking good. By far my favorite track even with vocals. Perfect tone for epic tyrant fights.

SalvaPot

I ran into a random GAF'er today. Firehead, with an in game name of Ziggy. I didn't see his post in this thread though.

Btw, the Tyrant music is so fucking good. By far my favorite track even with vocals. Perfect tone for epic tyrant fights.

If we are talking favorite tracks, Noctilum is so goood the perfect mix between epic and awe-inspiring.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
The squad quests are a neat idea but I literally have yet to see one actually get completed.

I don't even care about the story at this point, starting chapter 5. I just want to explore the world and kill all the giant bosses. I hope getting the skell doesn't trivialize exploration. It's very satisfying to finally find the correct path and jump all the way up to a peak you couldn't reach before.

Mashing

Someone said that best advice is to just level up yourself, lin, and elma and then go back later and get your teammates which will help them level up faster.

That's funny. The prima guide suggests putting in Gwin as soon as you are able. I've Irina and Gwin in my team with Lin (she's my main tank). I'm about to swap them both out for Elma and Doug though.

Zolbrod

The thing that pisses me off the most is that they already had this down in the original game. What fucking happened here?

This is XBX in a nutshell, IMHO.

They took everything they did just right in the first game and made it a complete pain in the ass.

Guys I need to get a party member to affinity level 2. Fastest way? I don't care to have her along for too long, just need her affinity at level 2 and then I'll just do that mission of hers with 2 other party members that are leveled well.

Ah just read the requirements for chapter 9. Seems like a similar situation to what happened to me with chapter 6's mission, except that one didn't restrict someone I needed it FORCED me to use somebody I didn't want to use, who was low level. I was left only able to beat it by lowering the difficulty for the final boss.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Yea the lack of auto leveling party members had to be some sort of ridiculous oversight. I'm starting chapter 6 now and I can already tell it's going to be hassle because I'm forced to use Lao at level 12 instead of Doug at level 25. We can hope for a patch but I wouldn't hold my breath if it made it into the final release.

Jarmel

Banned
Oh jesus. Which teammates do you NEED to have with you in that mission? I'd like to prepare myself so I can level them. And yeah fuck that decision if they're gonna force you to use other teammates every now and then.

Doug and Lao. It's also a hard ground combat only sequence so no Skell. It's ultra bullshit. I have them both at level 31 or so but lol no.

It's an utter kick in the nuts. I have to grind Murderess from level 21 to 30 minimum so she doesn't get autokilled.

Fuck you game.

It makes sense story wise but its a pain for the gamer.

Nah even if it made sense story wise you can have key NPCs appear in the cutscenes but let you keep the party you wanted. This approach of "you MUST bring two people with you all of the time and one extra if you want, but sometimes we restrict the extra lol k thx bye" is stupid.

Parfait

Doug and Lao. It's also a hard ground combat only sequence so no Skell. It's ultra bullshit. I have them both at level 31 or so but lol no.

It's an utter kick in the nuts. I have to grind Murderess from level 21 to 30 minimum so she doesn't get autokilled.

Fuck you game.

Chapter 9? That's wrong. Are you thinking Chapter 10? I did Chapter 9 last boss with Lin and Elma alone.

Im not ocntinuing until i hit like 45-50 tho things are getting rough. Anyone with the guide could tell me what i need to go buy with tickets to make XP augments X and XX?

Edit: Also has anyone found any traditional goggles in the game? Trying to complete my Maria Balthazar cosplay.

Golnei

I actually like that teammates don't auto-level up.

Makes more sense to me.

Not really - when they're not in your party, they'd logically be doing their own assignments; restricted party members even show up in the middle of them during some affinity quests. It wouldn't break suspension of disbelief to use that as an explanation for characters not in use still gaining EXP; even at a reduced rate.

So I keep trying to go do multiplayer stuff but there are rarely available quests and when there are, nobody shows up to join. Anyone have success with this part of the game and can share their experience?

Also, how does the global nemesis thing work?

Jarmel

Banned
Chapter 9? That's wrong. Are you thinking Chapter 10? I did Chapter 9 last boss with Lin and Elma alone.

Im not ocntinuing until i hit like 45-50 tho things are getting rough. Anyone with the guide could tell me what i need to go buy with tickets to make XP augments X and XX?

It's Chapter 9. The one where you have to do the big ground fight.

Chaos17

Take your skell and go power leveled them up.
It's so easy with a skell, my roomate just did it.
He brough all his companions to levle 30 (they were 20+ lvl so yeah he grinded quickly 10 levels) by beating up lvl 40 monsters.

Seriously, I think you should think before ranting and ask yourself if you don't have any solution.
Yes, the exp could've been shared but really it's ain't that difficult to power level up with a skell your companios, just DO IT.

Me, I don't have skells yet, so it's more painfull to make companions to catch up but I'm not ranting because I take the responsability to play this way.

Parfait

It's Chapter 9. The one where you have to do the big ground fight.

There's a skell fight right afterwards. I absolutely did not use Lin or Doug for this fight.

PS I don't know how i would have beaten the skell fight without Phoenix or the Blade super weapons. It's really one of the tougher fights so far.

Jarmel

Banned
Take your skell and go power leveled them up.
It's so easy with a skell, my roomate just did it.
He brough all his companions to levle 30 (they were 20+ lvl so yeah he grinded quickly 10 levels) by beating up lvl 40 monsters.

Seriously, dude I don't understand why the rant.
Yes, the exp could've been shared but really it's ain't that difficult to power level up with a skell your companios, just DO IT.

I'm doing that right now. It's utterly annoying that I'm gonna have to waste three+ hours just grinding it out especially when I already have characters that are close to my level.

I shouldn't have to do this. It's a poor design decision.

Am I locked out of a quest for no reason??

I can't do "Hope Springs Eternal" because apparently my progress requirements aren't met.

Apparently I need The Marry Me! basic mission, but its not at the quest counter.

imjust1n

Banned
I'm over 10 hours passed chapter 4 and let's say I love this game. Like love. I've played fallout 4 and the witcher 3 this year and this one is my favorite. I will say I recommend the eguide or the actual guide it's self it has so much great information. There is like 600 pages. I will say the music can get repetitive but it's mostly great music except a few songs here and there. I think once I hit that part where you get your skell I mighr love this game even more.

random25

Not really, since they're obviously working on their own BLADES missions in the meantime. Regardless, I could suspend my disbelief for some quality of life features

What if they are just loitering around, just like me?

Just kidding. Not earning your exp kinda makes sense since they aren't with your journey when you earn them unlike the first game, but they kinda need to keep up with you when they mandatory join the team. The workaround for this I think should be that they'll be at least a certain level when they are at some point in the story when you are not recruiting them. For example, if you left Gwin at level 12 since chapter 4, if he'll be a mandatory story party member in chapter 10 for example he will be at level 25. Or if you use him and exceed that level before chapter 10, he'll retain that higher level.

Though it's kinda too late for that.

SalvaPot

Am I locked out of a quest for no reason??

I can't do "Hope Springs Eternal" because apparently my progress requirements aren't met.

Apparently I need The Marry Me! basic mission, but its not at the quest counter.

Some missions can only be activated by listening to gossip on the town or by talking to NPC´s.

imjust1n

Banned
Fairly similar. Yes, they are not affinity missions, they pretty much give you backstory or more information about the characters.They appear as a heart on the map, but there is no icon, the heart is to tell you "There is a character you can have a heart to heart with around this area. Look for him/her".

No problem!

I'm having a prob with elma I have a heart for her but it keeps saying I can't do a mission the one in the barracks where you need her affinity filled. How do I get it to work? The heart looks filled but is it really?

LAWL

I went through all the trouble to get murderess and now I realize that her skill actually isn't all that great for me.

I actually need to get another dude, and then also reach Blast Fencer to get a skill that is super useful for me so I can maximize damage with my dual swords.

So you guys weren't kidding about mixing classes to maximize damage.

Got this game last Saturday, and man is it good.While there are some irritations like the music being too loud during cutscenes, its overall been better than I expected. Love exploring the world. Also Elma is my favorite character so far, she is awesome.

HOLY CRAP at the ending of Chapter 5. That was a helluva plot twist.

Yeah, wasn't expecting that.

Chapter 5 ending spoilers
I had heard about Cross before the game came out but I didn't know about everyone else, so I was still surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom