• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Okay I've read a lot of people saying you can't adjust the music level at all.

Can you turn it off completely though?
I don't see an option to turn it off.

Just wait until you get the quest where you're supposed to infiltrate a lvl 50+ gangleon base while you're barely 30. And this time they have flying units patrolling around. That's when you're blood will really get pumping.
That was really easy :lol

No you know what

you know what

FUCK Phog and his unique art. I have an art that halves my life as is, and shit considering all of the work I need to put into him AND another party member to even get the art I want from him, FUCK HIM. 3 fucking hearts is asking too god damn much, especially since I barely have Lin at 3 and a half and Elma at 4 and I've had them with me since the start.

I'd rather just get the regular art from the other class once I finish this one than have to deal with all of these hoops.

Level 14 and I managed to sneak around this area...
qTbegAi.jpg

And it turns out, my mechanic skill is too low for that "abandoned" container. Dammit. :(

I was about level 16 when I found that guy, and he ended up being really easy. Usually I couldn't take anything that high of a level but I just wrecked him. It felt a little weird that it was so easy tbh.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I don't know whether to start chapter 10 or just mess around. I think I should probably level up a bit more to 55 or something.

So I spent an hour making my character and then got a DBZ-style scouter in my first hour of playing. It doesn't get any better than this.

Only complaint so far, and probably echoing a bunch of others, but I wish the text was a bit bigger. If I had a gigantic TV I could see it working, but unfortunately I do not.

Dad

Is the unique weather in Sylvalum supposed to be just utter blindness? I thought it was a graphical glitch the first time it happened to me

Shun

Man I thought Noctilum would be the peak of environment+music, but Sylvalum blows it out of the water.

That theme is vintage Sawano from his better and more known works like Team Medical Dragon.

Here people know him for his eccentric and loud vocals but he's got really good and broad range. Sawano da bess, duckroll is wrong.

Jackano

Random 20h noob question: Can I just leave my game running without playing to collect minarium and $$$$? Sounds like the option they prompt you at the beginning to overwride standby mode is made for this.

john tv

Seems as if we've crossed 100k in NA, or are close to, at least.

As of now,
Volkampf
is 103,584 in slain NA.
Hah, that's a really good idea. Has anyone tried this in Europe to see if the numbers are indeed specific to region? Would love to know what the current numbers are for US and EU, and if they're shared or not.

Xane

Look what I found in Noctilum!

WVW69ipGTcs_QuDhCy

They're related to a quest you have. Was it the bugs right outside NLA? You need to kill them with a specific weapon.

Sorry for being late, but so there are more of these besides in Oblivia. Mind to share where you found this?

Vena

Hah, that's a really good idea. Has anyone tried this in Europe to see if the numbers are indeed specific to region? Would love to know what the current numbers are for US and EU, and if they're shared or not.

They're regional.

NA: 104,721 atm.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
As a mediator its frustrating that theres hardly any quests in the commercial and residential district, keeping in mind that I still have not done chapter 4 story mission so maybe its a case of the city not being big enough yet, but the quest I did do involving jo i enjoyed for dialogue and her character, and i already had the materials needed from exploring primordia so it was easy, but fun.

But I have been expanding my affinity chart like crazy so its nice in that regard.

ivysaur12

Banned

Not my idea -- someone figured it out during the JP release. They're regional. Either way, EU and NA are going to blow past the JP total fairly quickly.

There's probably a decent amount of WiiUs not connected to the internet, but there are also probably some that are the same game on different accounts, or what have you.

Ventara

Just finished chapter 5. At first, I was like"wow, I'm a hero! I'm even wearing a Master Chief costume (kinda)," which soon turned to "holy crap, this is some Zero Escape stuff!"

Seriously, chapter 5 dropped some real bombs on us.
I kinda suspected the countdown was for the lifehold, though I didn't expect our real bodies to be in it and for us to all die if it ran out of battery or was destroyed. So the Ganglion are just part of Samaar, which is supposed to have inferior tech to the Ma-mon. Looks like there's some other race working behind the scenes helping the Ganglion. Also, if Elma's real body is any different from her mim, I will be very disappointed. Unless she has an equally nice ass.

TheMoon

If there's anything keeping me back from playing this game, it's this OT's title.

It's like the ugliest thing on the front page.

It ruined video games.

Thank you. :D

I never thought to open the youtube link in the title till now, it's amazing lol.

:p

Is there any other way to capture a screenshot besides using Miiverse? Also, if not, how do you get the screenshots off their onto other places?

Just for funzies: this is covered in the OP's FAQ

foxuzamaki

Ok, the quest the guy was talking about earlier about having the required affinity for the quest but it saying you dont, is called "We were soldiers" and I just checked, i also have the required affinity but its saying I dont, unless im like one affinity point away from it or something.
Any help with this?

Hugstable

Banned
Above answer sums it up, but worth noting this info is in the manual. I, too, was super confused as this is something the game doesn't explain at all. The color surrounding the hexagons also indicates the relative difficulty/danger of enemies in that area in regards to your level. The difficulty color scale can also be found in the manual.

Yup, they needed to tutorialize that map.

Edit: Here you go:

FnNNtfb.png

yUpqGnW.png

For the segments that have affinity quests or basic quests, how am I supposed to know what I'm supposed to do? Is it a quest I need to find within that area or is it some random quest I get in down that is done in that area?

Kworn

Banned
Hello

I am really struggling to get my survey above 15% to advance the story. I know I need to put the mining nodes down etc but I have now hit the limit for mechanical level of which I am only 3.

How do you level this up?

foxuzamaki

Hello

I am really struggling to get my survey above 15% to advance the story. I know I need to put the mining nodes down etc but I have now hit the limit for mechanical level of which I am only 3.

How do you level this up?

Go to eleonora infront of the mission board(the place you go to get basic quests) and she will teach you about BLADE levels, by this point you probably leveled up to BLADE level 2 you just got to talk to her to level it up and she will allow you to pick if you want to level up mechanical, archaeological or biological

Also you dont need to level up mechanical to get 15%, there are enough reachable probes that are just mechanical level 1 that you can get, just some are out of the way or you have to find a certain way to get up a mountain which thers usually a trail (which can ahve high level bullshit on it) probes leading right into the other continents have all been level 1 for me.

Not gonna lie guys I was excited all throughout to get Skells, but I'm now realizing that it might not be for me outside of using them to travel faster. It sounds like too much effort to have to build a whole new class/system based around a skell and maximizing damage with it when I'm already doing just that with trying to build my optimal ground character.

Freeman76

Finally got my skell, went straight into a fight, it got destroyed. Thought it was a good idea to just close the game and come back in. Apparently this game doesn't have auto save like I thought it did, I'm right back before the skell exams.

Nope I'm done with this game, so done. I refuse to go through these terrible exams, traveling the wastelands just to get drones to for one of the exams tests, just to get a weak flimsy ass skell the game tries so hard to have you work towards.

/Partially serious.

-Sigh- I'm just going to take a huge break from the game, if I ever come back to it okay. I felt like I wasted 23 hours of life trying to have fun playing this game.

How on earth did you get that far without realising it doesnt have autosave?

foxuzamaki

Finally got my skell, went straight into a fight, it got destroyed. Thought it was a good idea to just close the game and come back in. Apparently this game doesn't have auto save like I thought it did, I'm right back before the skell exams.

Nope I'm done with this game, so done. I refuse to go through these terrible exams, traveling the wastelands just to get drones to for one of the exams tests, just to get a weak flimsy ass skell the game tries so hard to have you work towards.

/Partially serious.

-Sigh- I'm just going to take a huge break from the game, if I ever come back to it okay. I felt like I wasted 23 hours of life trying to have fun playing this game.

I...I dont see how you got this far into the game without realizing it doesnt have auto-save.

TheMoon

VandalD

Not gonna lie guys I was excited all throughout to get Skells, but I'm now realizing that it might not be for me outside of using them to travel faster. It sounds like too much effort to have to build a whole new class/system based around a skell and maximizing damage with it when I'm already doing just that with trying to build my optimal ground character.
This is how I feel, even after getting flight. But my main problem is that it's just so damn expensive to get and outfit even a single skell when you get to higher levels, and I have found no way to get more research probes to boost my income. I can't even do the quest where a guy wants me to raise my income past a certain point because it's simply impossible without research probes, even with almost all of the probes opened up on my map. Meanwhile I have about 30 mining probes that are completely useless because I haven't even found enough storage probes to hold all the miranium I'm getting from just basic probes. It's going to be really lame if I have to resort to leaving the game on while I'm doing other things just to afford stuff I need.

imjust1n

Banned
Ok, the quest the guy was talking about earlier about having the required affinity for the quest but it saying you dont, is called "We were soldiers" and I just checked, i also have the required affinity but its saying I dont, unless im like one affinity point away from it or something.
Any help with this?

Yeah there ya go lol that's the name. I ended up keep doing missions with elma and it finally unlocked her heart. Now I'm on the search for her heart to heart 1 and I can't find her like in 5th guide it says elevator during noon and Nope nothing

This is how I feel, even after getting flight. But my main problem is that it's just so damn expensive to get and outfit even a single skell when you get to higher levels, and I have found no way to get more research probes to boost my income. I can't even do the quest where a guy wants me to raise my income past a certain point because it's simply impossible without research probes, even with almost all of the probes opened up on my map. Meanwhile I have about 30 mining probes that are completely useless because I haven't even found enough storage probes to hold all the miranium I'm getting from just basic probes. It's going to be really lame if I have to resort to leaving the game on while I'm doing other things just to afford stuff I need.
I mean I can afford to buy the level 30 skells for my team and I when I reach the level but it just sounds overwhelming to now have to plan a whole new system with skells outside of the ground combat. I've been working so hard to perfect that, that I might genuinely just wait until someone starts posting the best builds for skells.

BTW for anyone that uses them, do skells level up with you or will a level 30 skell frame never be able to use a level 40 armor piece?

Shun

You mean the thing that's been in the OP since Friday? :D

Seriously, you guys ...

Someone corrected me but it's hella hard to see. Bolding and making sure it says CAWWWW's Xenoblade Collectible/Enemy Guide would make it much easier for people to notice.

Didn't even know or remember what this sheet was until I googled to find stuff.

TheMoon

Someone corrected me but it's hella hard to see. Bolding and making sure it says CAWWWW's Xenoblade Collectible/Enemy Guide would make it much easier for people to notice.

Didn't even know or remember what this sheet was until I googled to find stuff.

Ok I guess I'll put some more descriptive text along with it :)

Shun

So when do you get a Doll/Skell?

Last chapter I finished was 5.

After 6 you get a subquest for your license and you can do it to unlock your first one for free.

You need to be lv.20 to equip and you can buy more at the armory.

Ok I guess I'll put some more descriptive text along with it :)

Thanks, much appreciated. It will help a lot of new and current players and CAWWWWW should be happy to get more people looking through and making use of his guide.

Raide

Chapter 5 Done. Spoiler
KInda saw the twist coming, since they use certain words right at the start of the game to indicate you're a robot. The LifeHold information that the countdown is linked to the powersupply was utterly ruined by the annoyingly loud music blaring over the top.

Love the Man-non. So squeaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom