• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh since when chapter 9 has locked party other than typical lin & elma? those 2 should be on enough level anyway for that chapter solely on story missions usage

jesus christ this sucks. There's an affinity mission later on I need to have two people at affinity level 3 and it's a level 33 mission where you need to take two people I'd never bring with me all of the time. And I REALLY REALLY want that skill.

So my question is what's the fastest way to get affinity up? One of those two guys I wouldn't mind bringing with me on quests for now but the other one I'd want to get affinity to 3 and ditch.

Is it unique players or just a count of how many players its slain.

that one should be 'unique' since you only come across once per save file

I am banging my face against the Chapter 10 boss and getting nowhere.

I lowered the difficulty when the game asked and I died faster the next time I fought it, what the hell am I supposed to do against it?

can't help since i got lucky in the boss fights... but in
1st phase don't go near the body as it can damage+stun you.. best to fly over and fight it from above... as for phase 2 i just let my party beat the boss while my avatar fights the mobs

There's a skell fight right afterwards. I absolutely did not use Lin or Doug for this fight.

PS I don't know how i would have beaten the skell fight without Phoenix or the Blade super weapons. It's really one of the tougher fights so far.

i still think the non-skell fight is more challenging..

Blues1990

Is there any way to get rid of the trial weapons and the ramjet rifle?

They have a sell price, but I can't seem to get rid of them from my inventory.

SalvaPot

I'm having a prob with elma I have a heart for her but it keeps saying I can't do a mission the one in the barracks where you need her affinity filled. How do I get it to work? The heart looks filled but is it really?

What is the name of the mission?

RagnarokX

WVW69ipME_MnUJR8Qg

Salute!

Does someone want to quickly give an idiot's guide to what all the symbols mean on the hexagonal map? I can tell the probe ones are for, you know, probes, but the rest seem like nonsense and I am not sure what they indicate.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Does someone want to quickly give an idiot's guide to what all the symbols mean on the hexagonal map? I can tell the probe ones are for, you know, probes, but the rest seem like nonsense and I am not sure what they indicate.

The stars are treasures that you can find with the field skills, the animal looking thing means there's a tyrant, the lists are quests I think, and the hands are affinity quests. Gold shield means you've done everything in that hexagon.

Astral Dog

Some questions, this game doesnt explain much, even after reading the manual, im surprised how many systems they scrambled in this :p

I get many weapons and equipment battling enemies, its really worth it to invest on the shops and buy from them? i gave all the minerals or whatever they called but after i found better weapons by myself.

Its normal to level up so slowly? just an observation, it seems you level less than the first game.

I got the light ball but it doesnt show up anymore, you can only use it once?

Weapons, i notice you can equip many different types but how they affect ARTs? how many can the character carry? he only has a machine gun and a knife.

Where do you change classes if you are whatever level 10?

When it asks you to get a team, like a single player, multiplayer or find friends, what does it mean?

Parfait

They're what you need to complete the node

Stars for treasure
the monster face for a Tyrant to kill
the one that looks like paper is for normal quests that go there or rarely start there
and the holding hands one are for affinity quests that go there.

finalflame

The stars are treasures that you can find with the field skills, the animal looking thing means there's a tyrant, the lists are quests I think, and the hands are affinity quests. Gold shield means you've done everything in that hexagon.

Above answer sums it up, but worth noting this info is in the manual. I, too, was super confused as this is something the game doesn't explain at all. The color surrounding the hexagons also indicates the relative difficulty/danger of enemies in that area in regards to your level. The difficulty color scale can also be found in the manual.

Yup, they needed to tutorialize that map.

Edit: Here you go:

FnNNtfb.png

yUpqGnW.png

Guys.

What the fuck do I do.

in Phog's quest they put the fucking spot you fight the enemies right on the route of a lvl 65 fucking tyrant that wrecks your shit. I mean the hell.

Atram

Some questions, this game doesnt explain much, even after reading the manual, im surprised how many systems they crambled in this :p

I get many weapons and equipment battling enemies, its really worth it to invest on the shops and buy from them? i gave all the minerals or whatever they called but after i found better weapons by myself.

Leveling the companys will give there waepons more passive skills at specific Level, this make them better as the standart stuff you find in the field (green and blue), this might except yellow and unique drops.

A researched yellow waepon is better than dropped yellow weapon because they have more passives attched.

Illucio

Banned
Finally got my skell, went straight into a fight, it got destroyed. Thought it was a good idea to just close the game and come back in. Apparently this game doesn't have auto save like I thought it did, I'm right back before the skell exams.

Nope I'm done with this game, so done. I refuse to go through these terrible exams, traveling the wastelands just to get drones to for one of the exams tests, just to get a weak flimsy ass skell the game tries so hard to have you work towards.

/Partially serious.

-Sigh- I'm just going to take a huge break from the game, if I ever come back to it okay. I felt like I wasted 23 hours of life trying to have fun playing this game.

finalflame

Finally got my skell, went straight into a fight, it got destroyed. Thought it was a good idea to just close the game and come back in. Apparently this game doesn't have auto save like I thought it did, I'm right back before the skell exams.

Nope I'm done with this game, so done. I refuse to go through these terrible exams, traveling the wastelands just to get drones to for one of the exams tests, just to get a weak flimsy ass skell the game tries so hard to have you work towards.

/Partially serious.

-Sigh- I'm just going to take a huge break from the game, if I ever come back to it okay. I felt like I wasted 23 hours of life trying to have fun playing this game.

images

I feel your pain. I haven't even gotten there but some things in this game do feel like total bull. My guess is you'll be back on by tomorrow, though ;p

Evilkazz

Banned
Okay, one aspect of this game is starting to annoy me the more I hear about it. Only spoilers for post chapter 5-6.
Mims. The fake bodies humanity is currently using. Maybe I misunderstood something but from multiple side quests I've been through, people just seem to forget about this. From what I understand, if your mim is destroyed it can either possibly be restored or the person is just sleep in the lifehold until we can possibly save them. No endgame spoilers (I'm only through chapter 9). But in multiple side quest text people seem to think that when people die, their dead for good. A woman wanted to hold a funeral for her dead husband who died in a mim. And I just got done a quest where someone was afraid of diseases the manon could cause (which I could forgive since after the lifehold problem is solved this could be a problem) though she seemed Ernest to talking about present day.

Have I misunderstood something?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Above answer sums it up, but worth noting this info is in the manual. I, too, was super confused as this is something the game doesn't explain at all. The color surrounding the hexagons also indicates the relative difficulty/danger of enemies in that area in regards to your level. The difficulty color scale can also be found in the manual.

Oh neat, I had no clue about the difficulty thing. Thanks for the tip.

jesus the second I posted that it got dark and the fucker disappeared right as he was coming. Oh god I shat my pants haha

lol. Don't feel bad by the way, that was annoying me too. Died a couple times and thankfully it changed to night and I could finish up.

Chaos17

Some questions, this game doesnt explain much, even after reading the manual, im surprised how many systems they crambled in this :p

Its normal to level up so slowly? just an observation, it seems you level less than the first game.

I got the light ball but it doesnt show up anymore, you can only use it once?

Weapons, i notice you can equip many different types but how they affect ARTs? how many can the character carry? he only has a machine gun and a knife.

Where do you change classes if you are whatever level 10?

When it asks you to get a team, like a single player, multiplayer or find friends, what does it mean?

1. grandpa gnome gave a better answer, haha.

2. You will level up slowly if you don't kill monsters of your level or higher. But don't worry, with all the exploration you will do, you should be fine.

3. R+X to use the nav ball again

4.Arts are tied to weapons

5. To change class : meny > class > click on the class of your choice.

Astral Dog

Leveling the companys will give there waepons more passive skills at specific Level, this make them better as the standart stuff you find in the field (green and blue), this might except yellow and unique drops.

A researched yellow waepon is better than dropped yellow weapon because they have more passives attched.

interesting, thanks.

Golnei

Okay, one aspect of this game is starting to annoy me the more I hear about it. Only spoilers for post chapter 5-6.
Mims. The fake bodies humanity is currently using. Maybe I misunderstood something but from multiple side quests I've been through, people just seem to forget about this. From what I understand, if your mim is destroyed it can either possibly be restored or the person is just sleep in the lifehold until we can possibly save them. No endgame spoilers (I'm only through chapter 9). But in multiple side quest text people seem to think that when people die, their dead for good. A woman wanted to hold a funeral for her dead husband who died in a mim. And I just got done a quest where someone was afraid of diseases the manon could cause (which I could forgive since after the lifehold problem is solved this could be a problem) though she seemed Ernest to talking about present day.

The disease issue could also apply to
the mims - they're designed to mimic human physiology as much as possible (and therefore might be susceptible to the same illnesses as humans); and if one dies, they don't have the resources to restore them.
The
funeral one
does seem like a plot hole, though.

Dad

I ran past all of them. Fuck that shit, man. Same goes for the flowers.

The flowers are so obnoxious. I especially hate that dumb flinch thing the character has to do every time because they get so spooked by a flower 8 levels below me

Parfait

You can't resurrect a mim if they get rekt totally. They likely need to be able to connect to the core to do that, and they don't have it.

sigh... i guess my damage output is too low which result in all those 'invincible' during chapter 11 boss fight, unless i'm missing something

The disease issue could also apply to
the mims - they're designed to mimic human physiology as much as possible (and therefore might be susceptible to the same illnesses as humans); and if one dies, they don't have the resources to restore them.
The
funeral one
does seem like a plot hole, though.

Just a thought but
since they basically mimic the human nervous system, since there is evidence when your character lost their arm and was in pain, experiencing trauma that will kill you basically might transfer the shock of that experience back to your real body. It would be unnerving to experience something like getting eaten, even if it isn't your real body, experiencing the sensation with no one around like Lyn to turn off your nervous system would really suck. Basically if your mim got a heart attack, your real body will probably experience it. I also won't be surprised if the game has the same concept of a "ghost" like in Ghost in the Shell, where the user's consciousness or sense of self is within the bodies. I am only at chapter 6 though.

finalflame

The flowers are so obnoxious. I especially hate that dumb flinch thing the character has to do every time because they get so spooked by a flower 8 levels below me

Ya, it becomes more of an annoyance rather than a meaningful game mechanic with the whole "pausing" as soon as battle is engaged. I'm just committing to muscle memory to immediately press "B" and make sure to keep sprint toggled.

What is also bullshit is random high level enemies in paths you have to take at 1/3 of their level for the story, and due to this bullshit pause and world geometry you end up getting 1-shot without being able to get away fast enough, and then you're re-spawn a metric fuck-mile back at the last landmark, which follows no certain rhyme or reason for where they're located. Fuckin' A, man.

Still love the game though.

Illucio

Banned
images

I feel your pain. I haven't even gotten there but some things in this game do feel like total bull. My guess is you'll be back on by tomorrow, though ;p

I doubt it.

For my 23 hours of gameplay, I would say 30 minutes of that was actual fun and do mind that about 10 minutes of that was simply creating my character.

It's sad because parts of the game is actually really nice, it's just the other 99% of the game is utter dog shit. I've already been upset about how bad this game is for the past few days and how crummy my gaming experience has been with it, this feels like it sealed the deal. I'm incredibly salty right now, I probably have enough salt in my right now to cover my entire state in it for the winter.

But I'm even more disappointed by just how crummy the Skell actually is even after I spent all my money decking it out, and this was suppose to be the main highlight of the game?

I'm heavily leaning forward to just dropping this game entirely. I can't see myself playing this any longer.

Evilkazz

Banned
You can't resurrect a mim if they get rekt totally. They likely need to be able to connect to the core to do that, and they don't have it.

Well, you still wouldn't declare them dead which I've heard on several occasions now to the point where someone even wanted the hold a funeral. Hell why should I be sad when random quest NPC's get "killed" by the gangleion when, if all goes well, they arent actually dead.

Firehead

Level 14 and I managed to sneak around this area...
qTbegAi.jpg

And it turns out, my mechanic skill is too low for that "abandoned" container. Dammit. :(

Firehead

Okay I've read a lot of people saying you can't adjust the music level at all.

Can you turn it off completely though?

Nope. No audio adjustments whatsoever.

Edit:
I ran into a random GAF'er today. Firehead, with an in game name of Ziggy. I didn't see his post in this thread though.

Btw, the Tyrant music is so fucking good. By far my favorite track even with vocals. Perfect tone for epic tyrant fights.

Oh, yo! Yeah, never got around to posting in the thread. Just added myself to the google doc and jumped in. :D

Illucio

Banned
Okay I've read a lot of people saying you can't adjust the music level at all.

Can you turn it off completely though?

Nope.

You get to hear a super obnoxious song during cutscenes where you can't even hear the people speak, then hear a very good song played super low during combat by the combat sounds are super loud so you don't fall asleep while grinding.

Oh and there is no Auto-Save function so constantly save as well.

Evilkazz

Banned
And it turns out, my mechanic skill is too low for that "abandoned" container. Dammit. :(

Just wait until you get the quest where you're supposed to infiltrate a lvl 50+ gangleon base while you're barely 30. And this time they have flying units patrolling around. That's when you're blood will really get pumping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom