• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

That's all? No taping the sticks or anything, you just leave it where it is? Out of menu too, I assume? Gotta check my Wii U's settings, maybe there's like a energy saving setting that's messing with it.

Well, I've placed all of my research probes which isn't that much since I don't seem to GET the damn things anywhere. Millions of mining probes, tho. Wish you could buy probes somewhere.

Some map zones yield way more cash than others. I just wish I had more research probes.

tizaffy

Neo Member
Oh, the insect! I went there by mistake as well, but I was often too busy running away from the little flower bugs that the thing didn't get to spawn. You should run away from it, but be careful since the cave you'll be getting into has two lesser versions of it in a very cramped space. The area right after that is a probe, and you've got to go there in order to reach the alien skell the humans are after. I randomly got there before that event happened, so I was luckily able to just fast travel there when the story demanded it.

I ended up tiptoeing past him and he didnt aggro :D

massoluk

Banned
And just where do you augment the slots? Never found it lol

Been playing for over 30 hours smh

Just go to gear equipping menu, go to a gear with empty slots, and select "SET AUGMENT"
Don't forget to buy augment at Manufacturer kiosk. I just dumped all my Miraniums into investment without realizing I need to use it for buying augment for 27 levels. :X

edit: Fixed

The game frankly does an awful job of explaining what each thing does, and there're so many sub-systems it's really easy to forget about them altogether until way later in the game. For example, I ran around NLA trying to find my skell in some hangar until I realized I had unregistered it by mistake, finally realized how TP arts worked after over ten hours of playing, and randomly came across the fashion gear and augmentation submenus when I was trying everything in order to find just where augmentations were supposed to be.

There is a digital manual though and it goes through pretty much everything. I prefer that over hours of tutorials. Especially for a second playthrough.

You press y on the item in the inventory, of course.

It's never explained, nor is there a tooltip for it.

There is, but you most likely turned off button prompts, which stupidly enough not only removes them from the main screen, but also every other screen.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Just go to gear equipping menu, go to one with empty slots, and select "SET AUGMENT"
Don't forget to research augment at Manufacturer kiosk. I just dumped all my Miraniums into investment without realizing I need to use it for augment research for 27 levels. :X

You can invest in augment research?

I didn't use the Compendium until about 10+ hours in. :D

Then I got a notice after a story quest informing me that the Compendium existed.

Vena

Good god, I can't wait until I finish Mastermind so I can switch to Galactic Knight. I want to lightsaber it up so bad but I hate those dumb wings they call ranged weapons. Gimme my giant missile silo-looking rayguns instead!

This is my current build. Beam spam.

massoluk

Banned
You can invest in augment research?

LOL, it's just me. It's buying, not researching. Wrong word. You need to Miranium to buy Augment right? But if the first thing you do at the kiosk is dumping them all into Manufacturer Investment, you will never notice.

Just go to gear equipping menu, go to a gear with empty slots, and select "SET AUGMENT"
Don't forget to research augment at Manufacturer kiosk. I just dumped all my Miraniums into investment without realizing I need to use it for augment research for 27 levels. :X

Thanks dude and I can remove and replace them at will correct?

I just dumped all my Miraniums into investment without realizing I need to use it for augment research for 27 levels. :X
Shit, that's what I've been doing. Totally forgot about developing gear and augments. Have been using all my resources on slots and investment.

Edit: nah, guess I'm good. I create augmemts when i need them and don't have the necessary mats for any of the gear development.

MrPanic

The miranium storage thing is kinda ridiculous. I can hold 30k but I make near 35k each haul, making me go back to the city every time just to invest it in something. Of course the game is too stingy to give me lots of research probes, making 35k with that as well so far but could've been so much more.

boiled goose

good with gravy
You can find the normal residence of a char in the affinity chart, if you open a character portrait. Not exactly user-friendly. But to be honest it is only a minor complaint for me, I don't swap characters very often and the map is very useful for most actions. The game has much more greatness than flaws :)

Yeah like i said no nice list. The affinity chart should ideally also have a list format.

Rapid character swap should be an option. I dont buy the immersion argument. Have them populate the world when not on the party but allow swapping on a menu.

The game has fast travel. Fast swap does not ruin anything. If they didn't want you to be able to swap in the mild, put the swap menu in the barracks.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Shit, that's what I've been doing. Totally forgot about developing gear and augments. Have been using all my resources on slots and investment.

Edit: nah, guess I'm good. I create augmemts when i need them and don't have the necessary mats for any of the gear development.

Wait what. Augment research?
I know you can make augments, gear, and add upgrades but it also seems to require materials which i usually dont have.

Anyone know where to find more research probes? I have a bunch of mining probes but I can't find research ones anywhere.

Put the booster probes near storage, mining and research probes. I have about 30K space for miranium, I make about 26K in money and 20K of Miranium.

This.

So are you finding one of the spots that is connected by around 3 other probes and putting the booster there with the storage probes all connected to the booster?

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Silly question: is the nickname field in the NNID spreadsheet for the XBCX character name or the Mii name? I'm a dummy. :(
Well, it's for the Nintendo Network account name, the one you also log in with. I think this is equal to your Mii most of the time (don't know if you can change the Mii name) so the latter.

Kitoro

I decided to roll Mediator because I wanted to choose a division I knew nobody else would, and from what I'm reading, it looks like I made the right choice in that regard!

That said, does this division have any redeeming qualities?

TGMIII

Are the party members at a fixed location in NLA? Unless I'm missing something I have no idea why they decided to make you run around to fill out your party.

aravuus

cgnjTRl.jpg

Here to smack some fools

motherfucker

I was bracing for the worst with how y'all were talking about Tatsu, but I just met him and he doesn't seem so bad. His intro sequence was jolly stuff that I really don't see much anymore.

The way XBCX uses silent protagonists and player choice is pretty good, too. Just enough to make me feel involved, at least so far. Best example so far: (first hour spoilers)
Refusing to join the BLADES; Nagi's reaction is priceless.
Likely the XBCX character.

That's what I figured. Never really done any social stuff on Wii U so I thought I'd ask, just to be safe.

Thanks.

Minor chapter 6 spoiler:

I am increasingly convinced that Tatsu is a double agent trying to kill me. The amount if times he's put my character in mortal danger is absurd.

The Tatsu bento box was cool though.

NeonZ

Are the party members at a fixed location in NLA? Unless I'm missing something I have no idea why they decided to make you run around to fill out your party.

Yes, each one has a hanging around spot. They're also listed in the city map if you tap the correct hexagon - although they really should have given them their own map icons.

h0tp0ck3t

Good god, I can't wait until I finish Mastermind so I can switch to Galactic Knight. I want to lightsaber it up so bad but I hate those dumb wings they call ranged weapons. Gimme my giant missile silo-looking rayguns instead!

Ugh I hated Psycho Launchers so much. Fire slow as hell, next to no TP gain, and it's like what 6 shots in the mag? So glad I can rock Lightsabers with other classes now :D

So lemme get this straight. After you master a class (just finished Galaxy Knight), you can use those weapons on ANY class? I mean.. on the one hand, that's cool, but I just switched to Commando, and it lets me keep on my photon blade and use all those same arts I was using. I could do that and still be just as powerful, but I kinda wanna use the new arts on the new class... I'm conflicted. lol

TGMIII

Yes, each one has a hanging around spot. They're also listed in the city map if you tap the correct hexagon - although they really should have given them their own map icons.

Is there a list of common locations where they'll be? Randomly selecting hexagons doesn't sound appealing.

I decided to change classes right before a boss fight yesterday.

Bad idea, lol. I had two arts....

Also when is a good time to start participating in Squad global quests. I have no clue where the monsters/collectibles are I need to kill. Just the name from the bottom right.

I'm curious about how people are approaching the multiplayer component as well.

Is it just random that you happen upon the enemies you need to kill and items you need to collect?

Once you do that, then a multiplayer quest opens up? Do you just need to wait and hope that someone joins your squad?

What is this global nemesis business and why is it always greyed out?

Chaos17

I recently changed class after mastering Galactic knight.
I love the spells and the saber laser but it didn't clicked with me.

So I'm trying now Striker and I think I just fell in love with it because I found some dynamic between the skills that I couldn't feel with Galatic knight. I love both weapons of striker but I do miss my healing spell.

Anyway, I just finished Phog quest, I think his design doesn't suit that guy, lol.
He is so day dreaming.

I died 3 times in his quest because Banama elite 65 liked to gank me up.
That was surreal and fun.

Edit : I recommand doing Phog quest lvl 20+ if you don't wanna play solid Snake all the way because the quest ay you can do it lvl 13 XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom