• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So chill.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01qauzg.jpg

george_us

These welkin auravises are impossible considering they're like 2 levels higher. Another mission I can't complete. Another road block to leveling up so I can continue the game. Blargh.
Deck your entire party out in beach wear and proceed to wreck house.

Alrus

Also, has anyone unlocked Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight yet? Are they cool?

Oh, also, can you use arts you've learned with one class on another class?

I think certain arts are just tied to the weapon you use so yeah you can use them after you mastered a class.

And Galactic Knight is a melee beast. Has some insanely powerful arts in that regard. Also has some good heals. It's lacking in the range department though, I supposed you can make it better by lvling a class that is better at it but without it the guns they use are weak and their arts are kinda meh too.

zroid

Banned
how do i unlock all the arts of a class when i've already reached max level of the class? (max class level is 10, right?)

that's not exactly how it works

the arts aren't for a class, they're for weapons; if you master every class that uses a certain weapon then you should have all of its arts unlocked.

Malus

Sylvalum's music is soooo good :_:

And it's so pretty :__:

A lot of the complaints I'm seeing from people are just minor annoyances to me, and its kind of a wash compared to the original Xenoblade as X has made some QOL improvements over it (sprint button, higher jumping, no fall damage, Skells for traversing large bodies of water, fashion gear, the ability to actually look at the map and move around at the same time.) I've been meeting the requirements for the story missions easily, and the skell license thing was easy too.

If I have one major complaint about the game though, it's the story. The Affinity missions are really rough, weird sound mixing, and there aren't as many epic cutscenes as the original. It feels cheap by comparison. Take the gameplay and level design of X, add in the story of Xenoblade Wii, tweak some of the minor details and you got the perfect Xenogame imo.

Raide

Thanks to Chaos17 for the tips on the combat, I am getting the hang of it.

Still dieing a lot. Un-aggroing mobs is impossible in this game unfortunately.

Sometimes I run around segments for ages looking for the tryant or data node spot without finding them. Primordia is still around 23% explored, but my level is too low to really look into the other continents. :/

Will start Chapter 5 soon, wish me luck.

Unlike most MMO's, the other zones are not way higher enemies. Most of them are low level. Its only if you want to get more probes and get to harder places. Its actually worth wandering to the other zones just to get warp points early for the story.

If you agro, just tap b to drop out of combat and run your ass off.

daydream

Banned
that's not exactly how it works

the arts aren't for a class, they're for weapons; if you master every class that uses a certain weapon then you should have all of its arts unlocked.

ah, right. well, i knew the classes were tied to weapons but i didn't know the arts lists were cross-class, so to speak. thanks!

Sylvalum's music is soooo good :_:

And it's so pretty :__:

A lot of the complaints I'm seeing from people are just minor annoyances to me, and its kind of a wash compared to the original Xenoblade as X has made some QOL improvements over it (sprint button, higher jumping, no fall damage, Skells for traversing large bodies of water, fashion gear, the ability to actually look at the map and move around at the same time.) I've been meeting the requirements for the story missions easily, and the skell license thing was easy too.

If I have one major complaint about the game though, it's the story. The Affinity missions are really rough, weird sound mixing, and there aren't as many epic cutscenes as the original. It feels cheap by comparison. Take the gameplay and level design of X, add in the story of Xenoblade Wii, tweak some of the minor details and you got the perfect Xenogame imo.
What chapter are you on?

Man this game came out at a bad time, I still have Fallout 4, The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne: Old Hunter's to get through.

Though anything with mech customization... How is it?

Might pick it up for the backlog lol

This game is so fucking cool. Subquests are on another level compared to XC, I also prefer the armor designs in this and well, combat and classes improve the gameplay so much (even if using Elma is OP). There's so much to learn in this game but I'm excited to do it! Yeah, there are also some stupid decisions but overall Monolith confirmed among my favorite developers.

Also, has anyone unlocked Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight yet? Are they cool?

I 100% recommend Blast Fencer and especially Galactic Knight. You're basically a Jedi, lol. The melee combos you can do once you get to Galactic Knight do insaneeee damage. I'm sad to have switched off it honestly.

dubq

Not actually how squads work. You select a type of squad each time you start up the game or you pick to join a squad a friend is currently in. You can also change on the fly through menus

Oh dang, I misunderstood that. I thought they were like mini-guilds. ;)

Kiryu

FINALLY Completed my "Yardley's Scheme" quest for 1x California Sunset and "The Repair Job" Lin's Affinity (5x White Cemeities) quest last night...

Now I am starting Chapter 4. I'm lvl 20... is that normal level or not?

Kinsei

Banned
FINALLY Completed my "Yardley's Scheme" quest for 1x California Sunset and "The Repair Job" Lin's Affinity (5x White Cemeities) quest last night...

No. Level 20 is even a bit overleveled for chapter 5.

Raide

Don't worry. Just get to 6 as soon as possible!

Squishy3

I'm curious about how people are approaching the multiplayer component as well.

Is it just random that you happen upon the enemies you need to kill and items you need to collect?

Once you do that, then a multiplayer quest opens up? Do you just need to wait and hope that someone joins your squad?

What is this global nemesis business and why is it always greyed out?
Only items, but you can hold R then press L to cycle through the objectives and it tells you what they are, so you can use this spreadsheet to find them.

I think certain arts are just tied to the weapon you use so yeah you can use them after you mastered a class.

And Galactic Knight is a melee beast. Has some insanely powerful arts in that regard. Also has some good heals. It's lacking in the range department though, I supposed you can make it better by lvling a class that is better at it but without it the guns they use are weak and their arts are kinda meh too.

I 100% recommend Blast Fencer and especially Galactic Knight. You're basically a Jedi, lol. The melee combos you can do once you get to Galactic Knight do insaneeee damage. I'm sad to have switched off it honestly.

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. When I first heard the class title and saw the weapons, this is what I was envisioning.

Gonna go with that then, thanks guys! :D

Azuran

Banned
No. Level 20 is even a bit overleveled for chapter 5.

Welp, I'm 21 and I'm still doing the affinity mission I need to access that chapter. This is what happens when you spent hours farming for items just so I could craft a pretty new longsword.

Kinsei

Banned
Welp, I'm 21 and I'm still doing the affinity mission I need to access that chapter. This is what happens when you spent hours farming for items just so I could craft a pretty new longsword.

I completely forgot there is a crafting system in this game. How good are the weapons you can make? I've been making due with dropped weapons and the stuff from stores.

desu

Finally beat the game, pretty satisfied and liked the ending a loooot more than expected (since the story itself is so cheesy).

Also I guess not really saying much but still:
Wtf at the post credits scene :eek:

Azuran

Banned
I completely forgot there is a crafting system in this game. How good are the weapons you can make? I've been making due with dropped weapons and the stuff from stores.

The Lv20 one are way better than anything I have so far so I say they're pretty good. They better be because some of the drops like Insect Jaws took me a while to get. They're not rare, but they're certainly not common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom