• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Minor chapter 6 spoiler:

I am increasingly convinced that Tatsu is a double agent trying to kill me. The amount if times he's put my character in mortal danger is absurd.

The Tatsu bento box was cool though.

I wanted to scream at my TV but I was just too shocked. My face was contorted in rage, my mouth was moving, but nothing came out.

Golnei

Anyway, I just finished Phog quest, I think his design doesn't suit that guy, lol.
He is so day dreaming.

They kind of did have their hands tied with him, though. There's only a certain amount they can change while still having him be recognised as Shulk.

So lemme get this straight. After you master a class (just finished Galaxy Knight), you can use those weapons on ANY class? I mean.. on the one hand, that's cool, but I just switched to Commando, and it lets me keep on my photon blade and use all those same arts I was using. I could do that and still be just as powerful, but I kinda wanna use the new arts on the new class... I'm conflicted. lol

Yeah, I just switched from Astral Crusader to Enforcer and it's pretty funny that I can have the exact same setup. Oh well, I'll just think of it as a handy way to level up the class easily so I can get the later arts and skills sooner.

sora87

These welkin auravises are impossible considering they're like 2 levels higher. Another mission I can't complete. Another road block to leveling up so I can continue the game. Blargh.

Got my Skell and the first thing I did was finish this mission I had stuck in my list.

WVW69ipSmPEnVtgN0t

Chaos17

These welkin auravises are impossible considering they're like 2 levels higher. Another mission I can't complete. Another road block to leveling up so I can continue the game. Blargh.

Edit : nevermind I didn't paid attention to the name of the monster you mentionned.

NeonZ

Is there a list of common locations where they'll be? Randomly selecting hexagons doesn't sound appealing.

If you look at their profiles in the relationship chart it shows the name of their hanging out spot, which can help limiting the search area. Otherwise, the wiki lists where they stay too.

Qurupeke

Generally, bigger monsters are a bit more difficult to kill. These things totally wrecked me even though we had similar levels.

One of these days I'll start Chapter 4. I'm around 20 hours into the game, but I keep finishing out side quests and exploring rather than continuing with the story. There's just so much in here.

105.Will

So what characters should i level up so i don't get stuck at a certain point in the story? i heard some people getting walled by a certain chapter

Amory

I feel like this is a game I "should" pick up, even though I don't think I have any interest in playing it.

I like that this kind of an effort was made to put out a unique game on a system that hasn't performed well

ivysaur12

Banned
One of these days I'll start Chapter 4. I'm around 20 hours into the game, but I keep finishing out side quests and exploring rather than continuing with the story. There's just so much in here.

Yeah, I've been doing this since I finished Chapter 4. There's just so much to do.

Raide

So what should i level up so i dont get stuck at a certain point in the story? i heard some people getting walled by a certain chapter

Explore the world and get your sync levels up. Pays off in the long run for xp and story progress speed.

Yeah, I just switched from Astral Crusader to Enforcer and it's pretty funny that I can have the exact same setup. Oh well, I'll just think of it as a handy way to level up the class easily so I can get the later arts and skills sooner.

This is actually a good way to think about it. I'm just leveling up the base class right now (commando), so being a bit more powerful shouldn't hurt anything. :p

zroid

Banned

I know that feel man.

30 hours here. Yeah, every time I start playing I say I'm definitely going to do Ch 4 finally. Then I get sidetracked by god knows what and it's like 3 in the morning... oops.

Just started ch 4 and this might be my GOTY. It's so good.

I feel you on that. The only thing lacking is any real sense of urgency in the world, other than exploration (just started ch5), but I'm loving the characters and the affinity quests. It's really helping to flesh out the world and the characters which wouldn't have been possible if I didn't spend oodles of hours doing them...

sora87

Generally, bigger monsters are a bit more difficult to kill. These things totally wrecked me even though we had similar levels.

I want to level up a bit before I start chapter 6 because the last one I was totally under leveled, but it seems I'm too under leveled to do the side missions that help you level up lol. Such a weirdly designed game.

TheMoon

Wow, just figured out how to manually switch targets (R+X/Y) and lock onto appendages (Click in the right stick). I really should've checked out the manual a long time ago.

Cheers for the link in the OT, TheMoon. That thing's incredibly handy.

You're welcome :)

Yeah, could someone who has progressed really far in the game tell me what characters are flat out related for story progress? Like either affinity or just required to have them in your party for a story mission. If anyone knows.

Dineren

Banned
I want to level up a bit before I start chapter 6 because the last one I was totally under leveled, but it seems I'm too under leveled to do the side missions that help you level up lol. Such a weirdly designed game.

One thing to keep in mind is that quests don't give you a lot of exp. You're much better off finding enemies a little bit higher level than you and killing them for exp.

aravuus

Did Professor B's side quest really get its own unique music lol? Well, I guess it deserved it, it was a pretty cool quest. Story-wise, that is, obviously.

Chaos17

I mainly level up with npcs quests and affinity missions (ok, by killing monsters on the way and trying to install some probes too), you don't have any of them available ? Most of the time I'm over level up just like for Phog quest (trying to help)

Edit : or like someone said above, you can grind on mobs of your level, I just wanted to suggest you a purpose while grinding.

killroy87

If I choose to just fuck around for hours and not progress the story, is there a danger of over leveling so that the rest of the game is a cake walk?

I just started this last night, and I have a few questions about classes:

Under the final advanced class for that line, it says something like, "Get level 10 to master this classes weapons". Does that mean I can switch classes and use weapons from a different class that I've mastered?

Also, has anyone unlocked Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight yet? Are they cool?

Oh, also, can you use arts you've learned with one class on another class?

Dee Dee

Thanks to Chaos17 for the tips on the combat, I am getting the hang of it.

Still dieing a lot. Un-aggroing mobs is impossible in this game unfortunately.

Sometimes I run around segments for ages looking for the tryant or data node spot without finding them. Primordia is still around 23% explored, but my level is too low to really look into the other continents. :/

Will start Chapter 5 soon, wish me luck.

I just started this last night, and I have a few questions about classes:

Under the final advanced class for that line, it says something like, "Get level 10 to master this classes weapons". Does that mean I can switch classes and use weapons from a different class that I've mastered?

Also, has anyone unlocked Blast Fencer/Galactic Knight yet? Are they cool?

Oh, also, can you use arts you've learned with one class on another class?
you can mic and match weapons once the last class in a chain is mastered. Arts are tied to a weapon type, but not a class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom