• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I didn't. I wanted to have a heart. . .

Now I feel terrible.
10lkUdy.gif

My least favorite xenomorph species at the moment is that one weird one
that eats pollution and poison

They're just kind of boring and there from what I've seen

aravuus

Oh fuck sake, I gotta have one heart with Lao to do chapter 8? Christ

It's almost 3am and here I am, grinding fetch missions. Really want to do that chapter before going to bed, damn it!

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I found a bunch of xenoform through normal missions before chapter 9, such as the
orphea
I mentioned.

To tell you the truth, I barely found out that the quests that are tagged "social" in mission control actually leads to normal missions. That led me through a lot of these quests.

MrPanic

KILL THEM

JUST DO IT AND FUCKING KILL THEM

KILL THEM ALL

Oh wow, I just googled for why this would actually matter. Good thing I was heartless I guess. I really didn't think a choice like that would have repercussions, I need to be more wary of my dialogue choices.

Vena

So after I get the final class in the tree to level 10, I can use those weapons on any class? Dual Guns/Blades?

I haven't leveled them up to 10 yet, just to like 8 for 3 classes.

I guess I'm glad to have done the FMJ class first because that class is ���������� it's good as a standard build but it requires a lot of positioning management and cool down management for maximum overdrive damage. It's really fun but it can get kind of hectic and complex for other people.

Yup. Once you finished a class all the way to ten, you've mastered the weapons attached to it and can start to hybridize. Right now I am finishing off Mastermind after GK, because I think they work well together but I may start going for FMJ later to really get TP fed for the Photon Saber skills.

Its also bad that all my damage is beam (though I have some gravity options). I want either Dual or A.Rifle for physical so that my damage output isn't so easily shutdown by a single resistance.

sora87

Welkin Auravis' most powerful attacks are fire based and the beach wear has fairly high fire resistance. I was able to take those guys on while three levels below.

Ah that's cool, will have to try.

Do you have data probes in the right areas? Not all data probes can collect them

Yeah I have 3 already, but now I'm doing the quest and can't accept any of the others it's just playing the waiting game. Running around trying to find normal quests now

I've been responsible for at least 12 NPCs' deaths through sidequests. Some of the choices in the later ones require you to have been paying a lot of attention to enemy attributes and/or committed locations of Mira to memory. Worst part is that I still don't know if all of them were avoidable or not.

Choosing not to kill those piglets has been the least terrible thing i've unknowingly done ;_;

Rebel Leader

I've been responsible for at least 12 NPCs' deaths through sidequests. Some of the choices in the later ones require you to have been paying a lot of attention to enemy attributes and/or committed locations of Mira to memory. Worst part is that I still don't know if all of them were avoidable or not.

Choosing not to kill those piglets has been the least terrible thing i've unknowingly done ;_;
THIS IS SURVIVAL SOLIDER! KIND HEARTS GETS OTHER PEOPLE KILLED!

sora87

Oh wow, I just googled for why this would actually matter. Good thing I was heartless I guess. I really didn't think a choice like that would have repercussions, I need to be more wary of my dialogue choices.

What happens if you don't? I'm curious now

So after I get the final class in the tree to level 10, I can use those weapons on any class? Dual Guns/Blades?

I haven't leveled them up to 10 yet, just to like 8 for 3 classes.

I guess I'm glad to have done the FMJ class first because that class is 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 it's good as a standard build but it requires a lot of positioning management and cool down management for maximum overdrive damage. It's really fun but it can get kind of hectic and complex for other people.
After Fullmetal jaguar I'll do whichever class it was that gives psycho launchers I need them for a skill that shocks enemies specifically for Fullmetal jaguar arts.

I don't mind all of the arts that require positioning. I have my skell a more direct combat situation.

Shun

Yup. Once you finished a class all the way to ten, you've mastered the weapons attached to it and can start to hybridize. Right now I am finishing off Mastermind after GK, because I think they work well together but I may start going for FMJ later to really get TP fed for the Photon Saber skills.

Its also bad that all my damage is beam (though I have some gravity options). I want either Dual or A.Rifle for physical so that my damage output isn't so easily shutdown by a single resistance.

A majority of the FMJ's damage is from melee, Dual Swords are really, really useful.

I haven't found a useful ranged weapon other than maybe sniper rifle so far, but you want to focus on either melee or ranged not both. The sniper rifle is very TP heavy for damage while the FMJ doesn't need TP skills at all. You can get by with just overdrive on an FMJ.

I just prefer melee because I can damage more and faster that way. Ranged is better on your doll frame tho.

After Fullmetal jaguar I'll do whichever class it was that gives psycho launchers I need them for a skill that shocks enemies specifically for Fullmetal jaguar arts.

I don't mind all of the arts that require positioning. I have my skell a more direct combat situation.

Murderess has that combi and she's a pretty good melee unit. You just need to be really mindful of the positioning status on screen to do the most damage. It can be hectic for smaller characters but this unit is ridiculous for taking down giants.

Just finished chapter 6. Based on the events in the preceding chapters, here is my prediction on how the game will end:

Humanity and the Ganglion eventaully agree to put aside their differences. Just moments before we sign a treaty of jolly cooperation, Tatsu shows up and accidently communicates to the Ganglion that I insulted all their mothers. The Ganglion declares war on humanity and me specifically. Cue final battle.

Dineren

Banned
Just finished chapter 6. Based on the events in the preceding chapters, here is my prediction on how the game will end:

Humanity and the Ganglion eventaully agree to put aside their differences. Just moments before we sign a treaty of jolly cooperation, Tatsu shows up and accidently communicates to the Ganglion that I insulted all their mothers. The Ganglion declares war on humanity and me specifically. Cue final battle.

That sounds about right

Wagram

Is it possible to combo off of your own abilities? Soul Voices are fairly easy to understand, but even the manual is sketchy on how exactly you do combos.

Rebel Leader

I'm stuck on a side quest

Post chapter 5

No ma-non need apply

Ask around the sports complex

I asked Everyone but still nothing. What am i missing?

Shun

This fucking cockpit view bullshit has already made me fall of a cliff twice

So annoying

Nah that thing is top tier. It resets all your cool downs and lets you continue to use your strongest weapons in succession.

That + Mech Overdrive = Press X to Pay Respects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom