• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilkazz

Banned
Don't you guys get bored of running around with the same characters? >.<

No, there are a shitton of characters to find. Look at the quest board and accept every quest that says they'll give you 0 money. Those are usually more important ones that can unlock new characters.

Right now using me, Frye, Alexa and Hope

Finished chapter 5.

Goddamn, this storyline is sci-fi as shit. I like it!

Feel like the game started off pretty rough, but it's come together nicely. The goddawful enemy targeting is probably my biggest pet peeve so far.

Alrus

Is it possible to combo off of your own abilities? Soul Voices are fairly easy to understand, but even the manual is sketchy on how exactly you do combos.

Yes, if the art asks for a melee combo, just use a melee attack before. If it ask for a ranged one, use a ranged attack before.

aravuus

Nah that thing is top tier. It resets all your cool downs and lets you continue to use your strongest weapons in succession.

That + Mech Overdrive = Press X to Pay Respects.

Uh sure, the actual effect it has on your arts is great, the view's just terrible.

Impossible to tell what's going on

Tenshi

Neo Member
Who do I speak to for the missions "Blade Level Basics" and "The Probe-Fessional"? These are the only prerequisites I have left stopping me from going on to chapter 4.

I am getting the sneaking suspicion this game just isn't for me. It is so fucking gorgeous but there isn't a single other thing I like so far. I have no idea what is going on and the game does a pretty poor job explaining anything. Have never really played a game like this before and have not been able to figure anything out. Frustrated and just don't want to turn the game on right now.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
Who do I speak to for the missions "Blade Level Basics" and "The Probe-Fessional"? These are the only prerequisites I have left stopping me from going on to chapter 4.

Blade Level Basic - Eleanora next to the mission control
The Probe-fessional - Kirsty (She may be on the front door of a building left of the mission control when you are facing it)

MrPanic

I'm stuck on a side quest

Post chapter 5

No ma-non need apply

Ask around the sports complex

I asked Everyone but still nothing. What am i missing?

Near the water, by the cranes there's a guy that gives you the info if I remember correctly.

Kirsty, the sexy black suit lady.
edit: Looks like ultimalionbgh has a more accurate answer.

daydream

Banned
opened up the squad stuff. holy moly

also, do i really have to recruit my party members in the world? that seems very inconvenient

aravuus

Archetype Sword godlike. It took these shoddy shopkeepers until level 50 gear to come up with a better sword!

Hope the idling trick works tonight cause I'm gonna be spending a LOT of money and I want the lvl50 skells too

Speaking of skells, aside from bigger fuel consumption when flying, are there any downsides to heavy skell frames? Not sure why I'd get a light or a medium one

Question for those who have finished the story of this game.

Is there a New Game+? Please don't spoil any story-related details, if possible.

Shun

Do you guys rotate team members? I like changing teams but having to find them all over NLA each time is tiring.

There's no reason to use Elma or Lin unless it requires you to because those team members are a story necessity and their affinity levels will go up faster than the other characters.

Diablos54

Holy crap, I just beat an enemy 11 levels higher than my stronger party member, 17 levels high that my weakest (who I was controlling). The feeling of being able to properly explore a region after having to hide at first is great.

Speaking of skells, aside from bigger fuel consumption when flying, are there any downsides to heavy skell frames? Not sure why I'd get a light or a medium one
They tend to have far less evasion, so stacking elemental resistances for specific bosses is more important for them(they also have worse resistances until the 60s, I believe). Of course, that's not too huge a problem until you start going after the end/postgame stuff.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
When I chose Commando at the start of the game I really didn't know what I was doing, just chose the class that sounded fun.

In hindsight I probably would have picked one of the other classes because none of my arts from Drifter carried over, and also I didn't know Elma was a commando at the time. We basically have all the same arts at this point.

That said, Commandos are a lot of fun, so I was right in that regard.

You know, this is the same exact situation im in hahaha

mugwhump

So that "Power Dive" art that makes your character dive on the ground, is that supposed to have evasive properties in addition to increasing power? Because I still seem to get hit when I use it.

Also should I cycle Elma through other classes once she masters Fullmetal Jaguar?

So that "Power Dive" art that makes your character dive on the ground, is that supposed to have evasive properties in addition to increasing power? Because I still seem to get hit when I use it.

Also should I cycle Elma through other classes once she masters Fullmetal Jaguar?
party members are class-locked

Shun

A good way to travel without using too much fuel while flying is to make use of your free fall function.

After getting the flight pack, fly up or jump then press ZL and ZR together to go into a free fall without using up your fuel.

HiroTSK5

Has anyone done the Mayday quest, I collected the items May needs and the objective says to talk to her but she won't take them from me. Think it may be bugged.

A good way to travel without using too much fuel while flying is to make use of your free fall function.

After getting the flight pack, fly up or jump then press ZL and ZR together to go into a free fall without using up your fuel.

I don't know if this was intentional or not but it looks so much like Link's freefall in Skyward Sword, I love it.

I love love love this game

I should slow down and just grind levels before doing more story missions

Question:

I have a lot of probes left but the sites I discover now do not allow the use of them
how do I fix this?

I have worked on chains of the same type so I'm stuck for now

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Don't you guys get bored of running around with the same characters? >.<

Not entirely. The big issue is the lack of auto-scaling levels and I presume eventually requirements for lategame affinity missions. Unlike XBC, there is a bit less pro-active consideration as to what my party is doing in combat so long as I just plug-n-play soul voice recommendations.

XBC had the chain attacks which required a bit more thought into how to utilize the team members. I didn't actually like it(mostly due to the skills not following a cohesive rotation overall and being too situational).

Still, it is nice to have new voices and animations to witness with other characters. Starting to swap Elma and Lim for 3 others when I know I am just going to spend time doing basic missions or exploring. It's thankfully easy to warp back to Base and quickly snag those two for "story or affinity" quests when I choose to anyway.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
This is a wii u game.
ur5eXEW.jpg

!!!

Metroid Prime 4 was announced!?

Kinsei

Banned
There are some haunting vistas in this game. P.S: Anyone know where to find Kiweggs? I can't believe I'm collecting something
for a prone.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ipps8.jpg

Percy

Banned
Turns out you can get White Cometite as a reward for doing some multiplayer missions.

Really wish I'd known that earlier.

aravuus

Not bad for a game that was in development for 2-3 years, no?

By the way, is there a specific Oc-serv that I have to kill, in order to obtain an elemental cluster? I have killed 49 of these things, and I have received nothing but lemons.

Don't think so, no. The drop rate is just abysmal, had to farm them for almost an hour for two clusters.

El Odio

Banned
This fucking game. While exploring Noctilum I saw that teeny tiny island far off its shore and though, I can't swim to that can I?
Y1VMLvl.jpg

Guess I could.

Wiseblade

So I've just realised how much better a Reyn impression H.B. does compared to Lin. The Assault Rifle taunt art along with a fourth Skill slot just make him so much better overall. I think my favourite team right now might be H.B, Yelv & Alexa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom