• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaos17

This fucking game. While exploring Noctilum I saw that teeny tiny island far off its shore and though, I can't swim to that can I?
Y1VMLvl.jpg

Guess I could.

Great shot :D

Wiseblade

I just realized that you could invest Miranium into the arms manufactures. I feel like a fool for not noticing it sooner.
I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining about the terrible armour selection are in the same boat. It's a valid criticism though; the selections without any investment are horrendous and the game doesn't explain the benefits of funding AMs well enough.

The game does itself a disservice in that is spends so much time hyping Skells that it neglects to inform the player there's more to Ground Gear than meets the eye.

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
There are some haunting vistas in this game. P.S: Anyone know where to find Kiweggs? I can't believe I'm collecting something
for a prone.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01ipps8.jpg

You can find them at the area around the
Nopon Caravan in Oblivia. The caravan location itself has 5 collectibles for you to collect.

random25

I'm pretty sure most of the people complaining about the terrible armour selection are in the same boat. It's a valid criticism though; the selections without any investment are horrendous and the game doesn't explain the benefits of funding AMs well enough.

The game does itself a disservice in that is spends so much time hyping Skells that it neglects to inform the player there's more to Ground Gear than meets the eye.

To be fair, the Japanese previews before did highlight this.

Parfait

Is there a map for best probe placement for maximum $$$

I have 0 problems with miranium but I need cash so bad. At level 50 the skell i want is 4 million...

The ridiculous lack of research probes is basically killing me here. I need so much money but i'm basically stalled because I want to get gear/skells.

desu

Is there a map for best probe placement for maximum $$$

I have 0 problems with miranium but I need cash so bad. At level 50 the skell i want is 4 million...

The ridiculous lack of research probes is basically killing me here. I need so much money but i'm basically stalled because I want to get gear/skells.

You don't really need the LV50 versions to finish the story (they might make it a bit easier at the best). However after finishing the story you can farm 300k in about 2-3minutres.

JulianImp

Oh, one thing I just realized is that ever since that first monkey story boss in primordia I've been continously losing to almost every single boss enough times for the game to ask me to drop their level... I don't remember how many times that happened out of all the bosses I've had to fight so far, but it was common enough to stand out to me because I was doing fine against regular enemies and even a couple tyrants.

Then there was the time I was fighting that dark sphinx boss in chapter 6 and was doing perfectly fine after a try or two, but some damn overleveled flying thing decided to join the party and nuke everyone.

random25

Who watched those? I didn't. If it isn't in the game or at least the manual, there's no way anyone can be expected to know.

Yeah, I can see that. Though I also didn't watch the survival guide videos put out by NoA, somebody said to me it's also on episode 4 or something like that. So while skells was the main draw in the promotions in this game, some promotional materials also highlight other basic stuff of the game.

As for the game itself, I think it was mentioned in brief by a tutorial window by Lin. My OC-ness in RPGs also helped in finding a lot of mechanics out.

Daknight

Finally manage to start chapter 4 after getting lost doing missions and finding probe areas. Finding the vistas and paths to get to areas is so good!

Blues1990

Don't think so, no. The drop rate is just abysmal, had to farm them for almost an hour for two clusters.

Alright, I'll keep on plucking to get those items for a quest to help repair a fellow Blade's skell.

Spoilers:
By the way, does anyone else find the female antagonists in this game to be mostly forgettable? Most of their dialogue boils down to "SUCH PITIFUL CREATURES! YOUR SPECIES ARE NOT EVEN WORTHY TO LICK THE JUNK OFF MY SPATS! WE ARE GOING TO WRECK YOUR SHIT! WHY DO WE HATE YOU? WHO CARES! WE OWE EVERYTHING! TIME TO DIE, HUMAN SCUM! BWAHHH!"

Seriously, it seems the villainess role in Xenoblade Chronicles is to be equal parts eye candy and cannon folder. I can remember Luxarr, Dagahn, Ga Derg, Glennar...But the female villains just blend in together for me.

daydream

Banned
so, do people play the active multiplayer mode a lot?

seems like it'll become more useful once you're getting to the tougher enemies but i dunno, it's weird. seems like you could do just as well with the npc party members

Squishy3

seems like it'll become more useful once you're getting to the tougher enemies but i dunno, it's weird. seems like you could do just as well with the npc party members
the active multiplayer is just for doing specific missions, ala monster hunter. it even drops you in a little hangar before you depart.

i imagine doing one of those with 4 people who have fully decked out skells would be fucking awesome though. there's a good reddit post about it https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_...z/xenoblade_x_multiplayer_information_thread/

sora87

Holy shit just give me the last white cometite I need I've been waiting all night for this stupid fucking affinity quest to finish

Beats

I try to do the Squad Missions with other people especially if the popup comes up in the top left saying that someone is recruiting for one. Making them available to do can be tedious if other people aren't doing the Squad Tasks along with you though.

random25

I can't believe a lot of people have problems with the Repair Job affinity quest. I guess I lucked out on choosing Tatsu's idea over Lin's lol.

Now I'm stuck doing Lin's first affinity fetch quest. I'm just running around the Prone camp waiting for 3 puges to respawn for the energy tubes -_-

EDIT: I guess this is pretty common lmao

Squishy3

Found a really good place to level up, especially good if you have new recruits under level 20. I totally recommend!

RiMiwsg.jpg

uoX8LEi.jpg
Don't know if you're rehosting from Miiverse, but you can upload screenshots straight to imgur or abload or flickr or wherever you'd like to via the browser, they're also in 720p to boot, plus you can just make a gallery on abload or flickr.

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Now I'm stuck doing Lin's first affinity fetch quest. I'm just running around the Prone camp waiting for 3 puges to respawn for the energy tubes -_-

EDIT: I guess this is pretty common lmao

That one takes awhile. Make sure you have other quests that you can rotate with. Fast Travel to one spot, clear mobs/gather stuff, travel to puge spot, clear camps. It makes it go by faster.

Dad

The spawn rate on the beagflea squashes is just fucking abysmal. I have one after twenty solid minutes of crystal grinding

Glass Joe

About 5 hours in. Fun game so far. Been messing around with the tons of menus, realizing there's a lot of hidden stuff that's probably pretty important. It's pretty addictive so far but I could imagine those unfamiliar with this type of game being a bit overwhelmed because it's not the greatest at explaining things (or explains everything all at once). Just now figured out how to target enemies before battles have taken place. Or at least I think I have.

Shun

So is there any good way to level up affinity with characters? Does battling with them do anything or is it just quests?

Things that level up affinity

-Completing Missions
-Choices during dialogue
-Soul Voices during battle. If your teammate is telling you to do a certain color, that levels affinity being in a battle isn't enough.

Do normal missions with them, they will get up fast. Elma and Lin will naturally go up through the story.

Yeah, I'm not worried about Lin and Elma really... I just finished Chapter 6 and Elma is 4/5 hearts and Lin 3/5 I think. It's pretty much everyone else lol. I'll switch out my entire party when I'm just doing normal quests then.

I'm pretty sure you build some affinity with a character when you respond to their soul voices, but quests are probably the best way to do it.

Ah gotcha. I figured the Soul Voices would help with affinity, but maybe not (unless someone can confirm).

Things that level up affinity

-Completing Missions
-Choices during dialogue
-Soul Voices during battle. If your teammate is telling you to do a certain color, that levels affinity being in a battle isn't enough.

Thanks!

Gattsu25

Banned
Your skell only has the three insurance then you have to pay a fee to recover it. You can't buy more insurance.

Then how do you confirm the status of the remaining insurance, where do you pick up your skell should you die in it, and where do you go to recover the skell if your insurance is depleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom