• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonZ

Nevermind.

I was trying to focus on a melee beam damage build, and it's generally working very well, but then I'm crushed when I meet a beam resistant large enemy...

For characters who aren't in their advanced classes like Lin and Irina, is there a way to promote them up their advanced class, or are they just stuck there?

You can't change the class of any character besides the avatar. They have some unique skills though that aren't available in the standard class line (you get them through Affinity Quests anyway).

ultimalionbgh

Neo Member
I need help again. Where's the fn site on this? ty
1FbStxA.jpg

You need the skell flight module

JKTrix

Bwah. Thanks guys. I'm gonna peek at what skills Crusader gets for Sniper before moving onto something else, I think. I'm really liking a bit of synergy between Photon Saber/Sniper Rifle. Appendages basically explode instantly if I decide to unload on them.
This is my crusader build as of maxing it out last night:

Skills:
Quick Reload 5 (Max): Reduces cooldown for ranged auto attacks by 50%
Combo Gunner 4 (from Commando): Boosts damage by 100% when triggering ranged combos
Third Eye 4 (from Commando): Boosts TP by 50 when using a Ranged Art; double that if you have an aura active.
Aura Burst 4 (from Commando): Extends aura effects by 7 seconds

Looks like I wasn't actually using many Astral Crusader skills, lol.

Arts:
Ghost Sniper 3 (aura): Boosts critical chance, Boost TP when landing critical hits, Boosts ranged accuracy. | Effect normally lasts 24 seconds, with a skill it lasts 7 seconds longer. The aura already boosts TP gain, plus I had another skill that doubles TP gain with aura active. Basically, though I didn't actually use this much, I was a TP demon. Easily recovered the 1000 TP spent using the skill, with more to spare afterwards.

Eagle Eye 3 (buff, from Partisan Eagle): Grants Ranged Accuracy and Attack up| mostly there when I got a Soul Voice to use a buff, because I only used the next buff during a combo.

Hawkeye 3 (buff): Grants Critical Power.| Crits are lovely. I only really used this in between my two Shot arts with great effect.

Sidewinder 3 (range): Deals weapon damage + inflicts Debuff Res Down | pretty much just used to trigger a ranged combo, which I have boosted by a skill. Does more damage on its own than other ranged arts I had available.

Shrapnel 4 (range, from Partisan Eagle): Deals Weapon Damage + Boosts appendage damage | the BnB. Everything leads to this. When I'm ready to unload, I shoot Sidewinder (which opens up the combo window), cast Hawkeye for the crit, and then shoot Shrapnel at a targeted appendage. The crit + the range combo boost + hitting an appendage is spectacular.

The rest I pretty much had in order to fulfill Soul Voices.

Intercept 3 (debuff, from Partisan Eagle): Deals weapon damage + inflicts Stun | Just for Soul Voice. Stun has saved me from some big attacks, but I wouldn't rely on it really.

Balance Breaker 3 (melee, Lao affinity): Deals weapon damage + inflicts Stagger in melee combos | Just for Soul Voice, though I usualy use it in combo with the next art depending on if I just want damage (so I'll use balance Breaker first), or if I want to inflict Stagger (so I'll use Balance Breaker 2nd)

Arcing Horn 2 (melee, from Partisan Eagle): Deals electric damage + Inflicts Electric Res Down + Boosts Damage in melee combos | Again, just for Soul Voice and to use in combination with Balance Breaker depending on the situation. You start with it in Partisan Eagle and I just didn't unequip it, lol.

I probably could have optimized even more, especially with the ranged combo skill I could have used another ranged shot, but 2 was enough for me. I didn't pay much attention to my damage output when I used Ghost Sniper, since I did mainly use it for generating TP, and with my setup is was pretty darn good for that.

Now I'm leveling up Enforcer!

JulianImp

Still, wouldn't we end up with an overleveled MC and a bunch of underleveled sidekicks if we regularily changed party configurations?

One thing I'm worried about is that I'm still a level three Mastermind at character level 32... at what level on average are you supposed to have enough class points to fully master a class so you can move on to the next one?

So do Skells more or less replace character stats? IE, a level 10 party member in a Skell will perform the same as a level 20 party member in the same Skell?

Also, when in Skells, do you get class experience?

Vecks

Continuing the list of random things I didn't realize until much later... I just realized you can get rid of party members at any time from the active members menu. Now I feel silly for trying to look for party members to open up the member change screen every time I wanted to simply remove somebody for quests that restrict you down to 3 members.

aravuus

"Well, I guess Rock's gotta fight after all..."

"WOW MC, THAT DID SOUND LIKE YOU?!"

Yeah Elma, what the fuck do I sound like? Cause I've been an arrogant ass to everyone and I've probably already caused a lot of deaths and gave no fucks, why would I care about some
big dumb alien kid
? You saying you think you know me, Elma?!

Hilarious responses from the whole team, considering that I've been saying a LOT harsher things to a ton of people. Also lol,
here comes the obligatory shy and always well-intended elf girl.

That one will never, ever be in my party, I can tell you that.

aravuus

Btw if anyone is looking for a good spot to get to 60 fast. I get up to 3.5k EXP from a single enemy there. Only beware not to wake up the one near the treasure, that guy is 80+.

Noctilum in the northern end:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_01hiq50.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_gamepxzp9m.jpg

Quoting this post from yesterday cause holy shit this one is a good spot to grind. Gives 2.5k exp with no exp boosts at level 55, takes 10-20 seconds to kill on my current overdrive setup, no need to fear aggroing any other enemies cause they aren't very close and jumping out of your skell after the fight and choosing "Return to skell" from the menu instantly respawns the enemy so you can fight it again

e: whoops, a double post. sorry about that!

Chastten

Banned
Just finished chapter 9 and got my flight skell and holy shit, this is amazing! Same feeling I had when first getting the flying mount in World of Warcraft back in The Burning Crusade. Cruising the world is awesome.

Next few days will be filled with grinding to 60, doing all the affinityquests, exploring the world and all the probesites and putting the correct probes in them to maximize their output. Can't wait to see what more Mira has to offer.

Didn't even realize I had reached 2 million gold without even trying haha. Buying the level 50 mechs shouldn't be too bad consider I have like 25 levels to go and buying armor isn't that bad.

Fishious

Q: How about these two FN site? Are these accessible by feet or do I need a Skell?
Ocy8Cku.png

I think the right one should be accessible without too much trouble. The left one requires mechanical 5. I actually got up there on foot by mountain goating up. I was pissed to find it needed lv 5 after all that work.

So when your Skell breaks... what happens next? Can you repair it, rebuy or something else?

I found a cave in east Sylvalum with level 42s that aren't too tough to take down as a level 32 most of the time. 29 might be a bit low, but I might return there when I'm done exploring because chapter 9 is giving me trouble (I'm surprised to see many people passing chapter 9 without much trouble).

Kyzon

I still can't change my avatar. Can someone tell me in quotes which mission that is?

I'm level 40, 59 hours in, and on mission 9.

Sadist

Go to your barracks and open the console. If you've got insurance left then it'll be there, if not then you need to pay to fix it.
Thanks!

Btw, I have a bunch of reward tickets (haven't paid much attention those), where can I cash these for rewards?

Umm, I'm probably being really stupid here - not been paying attention to cutscenes as they're so obnoxious. Anyway, I've just joined BLADE and I'm in the BLADE Barracks. My objective says:

"Notice from BLADE HQ: To commence a story mission, accept it at the BLADE barracks!"

But like, there are no missions to accept? At the big console on the wall, it says "No missions available" and the one on the Mass Effect-esque table says "Requirements not met." I have Elma and Lin in my party and I'm level 11. What do I do next? Heeeeelp!

I still can't change my avatar. Can someone tell me in quotes which mission that is?

I'm level 40, 59 hours in, and on mission 9.

you could've done it since chapter 5.

Go to outfitters hangar, find a dude named Hardley/Harley. Do his normal mission
Once you're done, go to mission console and find a mission about locating a missing key card. It's in the hangar of admin district behind some boxes near one of the walls, closer to Doug.

Afterwards you gotta go to a secret area which is reached by
starting in the bottom, then having hangar elevator (aka the big one) go all the way up, then jump down to the water

done

Lexxism

I think one of them (top left) requires mechanical level 5 and flight

I think the right one should be accessible without too much trouble. The left one requires mechanical 5. I actually got up there on foot by mountain goating up. I was pissed to find it needed lv 5 after all that work.
Thanks.

What's the max level for mechanical? 5? Should I max it first before bothering with the other two?

Fishious

Thanks.

What's the max level for mechanical? 5? Should I max it first before bothering with the other two?

Mechanical is probably the most important since it's used for both planting probes and treasure. Unfortunately you can only get up to 4 in each through blade rank ups. I believe you need to do some sort of quest to hit 5. I personally haven't gotten that far yet.

Vecks

Umm, I'm probably being really stupid here - not been paying attention to cutscenes as they're so obnoxious. Anyway, I've just joined BLADE and I'm in the BLADE Barracks. My objective says:

"Notice from BLADE HQ: To commence a story mission, accept it at the BLADE barracks!"

But like, there are no missions to accept? At the big console on the wall, it says "No missions available" and the one on the Mass Effect-esque table says "Requirements not met." I have Elma and Lin in my party and I'm level 11. What do I do next? Heeeeelp!

It's the table. Besides character requirements, there are other requirements listed on the right side.

Questing and exploring around Oblivia, I decided what the hell and tried to jump to that tiny island in the middle of the huge bottomless chasm. I cleared a platform of prone, lined myself up in my Skell's vehicle mode, floored it and jumped at the last possible moment. I slightly adjusted my drop but juuuuuust managed to land on the very edge of that tantlising little island, and barely managed to stop myself turning back into vehicle mode and flying off the other side. I made it! My reward?

yTSptME.jpg

Evilkazz

Banned
Just hit 60 hours in less than a week. Guess I'll take a little break from playing for the rest of today.

Couple missions put a bad taste in my mouth anyway (looking for moleworms in that annoying cave system, Affinity quest forcing me to get affinity points with gwin before I can continue the story, Kill 2 giants at the same time that do stupid damage and interrupt your moves).

Not that I haven't enjoyed the vast majority of my time spent with it. I think I enjoy it more than Bloodborne, my current GOTY.

rockx4

For mission difficulty, what does the white star mean? there are the regular 1-5blue stars, but I also see missions with say 2 stars, and one is a white star.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom