• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoee

Damn me!
LLShC.gif
I just bought the game
AU7Amsc.gif

Now the sloooooow Wii U download is punching me in the face.
I should have the game in ~30 minutes but it will take 3-4 hours
e5YuU.gif

Sölf

For mission difficulty, what does the white star mean? there are the regular 1-5blue stars, but I also see missions with say 2 stars, and one is a white star.

As far as I can tell, it's just 1 white star = 5 normal stars. So 1 white and 1 normal = 6 normal stars. It just increases in difficulty beyond 5 stars.

sora87

Hate these requirements for starting the next chapter. So stupid. Now I'm stuck on this bullet sponge asshole in the a friend in need quest. Oh and because I started the quest in a rush I can't add a 4th member to my squad it seems. Wut

It's the table. Besides character requirements, there are other requirements listed on the right side.

Yeah, it says to survey 15% of Primordia which is self-explanatory. Also says to complete "BLADE Level Basics" and "The Probe-fessional" missions which, again, I can't find anywhere?

Sölf

Yeah, it says to survey 15% of Primordia which is self-explanatory. Also says to complete "BLADE Level Basics" and "The Probe-fessional" missions which, again, I can't find anywhere?

You should get both (I think? At least the second one) from Kristy. She should be standing in front of the right house if you leave to the left side from your Barracks (south on the minimap).

Sölf;188744774 said:
You should get both (I think? At least the second one) from Kristy. She should be standing in front of the right house if you leave to the left side from your Barracks (south on the minimap).
Blade basics is the one you get from Eleanora isn't it? The one to get to blade level 2?

Kyzon

Do yard let's normal mission, than search the board for a mission titled "house of cards"

you could've done it since chapter 5.

Go to outfitters hangar, find a dude named Hardley/Harley. Do his normal mission
Once you're done, go to mission console and find a mission about locating a missing key card. It's in the hangar of admin district behind some boxes near one of the walls, closer to Doug.

Afterwards you gotta go to a secret area which is reached by
starting in the bottom, then having hangar elevator (aka the big one) go all the way up, then jump down to the water

done

Thank you :D

Lexxism

I went to three with mechanical and haven't really had any issues yet. I don't think you need to max it out until you can fly.

Yes and yes.
However you can only get to mechanical level 4 through increasing your blade level. The fifth level is rewarded from a quest late in the game.

Mechanical is probably the most important since it's used for both planting probes and treasure. Unfortunately you can only get up to 4 in each through blade rank ups. I believe you need to do some sort of quest to hit 5. I personally haven't gotten that far yet.

I believe that you can't max it out until you get the flight module.

5 is the max, but you have to do a special quest to get field skills to level 5

Thanks! You guys are helpful!

NZerker12

Wow, completely destroyed the chapter 7 boss. I guess being 4 levels higher and having the most expensive of the lv30 Skells does that.

Honestly that was one of the most easiest fights I've had in the game so far.

Made it to Nocturnia or whatever it is. Swam out to a giant dead robot and it turned out... he wasn't that dead. D: As I was swimmingly frantically away I turned the camera to watch it and saw it fire its left hand and one-shot Elma who was bringing up the rear of the hasty retreat. The hand was attached to a cable which it withdrew back to its arm. That was when I had gotten far enough away that it gave up. I'll definitely remember that part forever.

I also went to the northernmost part of Primordia on some "kill x amount of y" quest. It's that really tall needle-like mountain just south of the top and slightly to the west probe spot. I didn't see the creatures anywhere so I scaled the whole mountain on foot (I'm not sure I was supposed to be able to do that - it was a hell of a hike and I nearly circled the mountain in finding any little part that I could jump or run on) and found... a level 30 some bird. Just sitting there. Nothing else. It was a hell of a view though, and I definitely took it all in. Never found those monsters though.

So that was my Xenoblade X for the day.

WarAdept

Well I haven't been able to play much of the game due to work, but from trying out all the characters I have so far (Just got into Chapter 3), is Elma by far and away the highest DPS character? Seems like it with her crazy positionals, and the ability to sacrifice HP to spam TP attacks. She just feels like Fiora to me.

Granted, I've noted that Irina can do some absurd burst, but other than that, she's stuck plinking away with weak assault rifle shots. Gwin seems solid though.

Qurupeke

Made it to Nocturnia or whatever it is. Swam out to a giant dead robot and it turned out... he wasn't that dead. D: As I was swimmingly frantically away I turned the camera to watch it and saw it fire its left hand and one-shot Elma who was bringing up the rear of the hasty retreat. The hand was attached to a cable which it withdrew back to its arm. That was when I had gotten far enough away that it gave up. I'll definitely remember that part forever.

Welcome to the club.

george_us

Lmao these Skell exams are the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Hey we need you to
kill a bunch low level shit despite the fact that you've already done all this a hundred times over.
Somehow THIS is what proves you're ready to be a Skell pilot!

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Lmao these Skell exams are the biggest pile of bullshit ever. Hey we need you to
kill a bunch low level shit despite the fact that you've already done all this a hundred times over.
Somehow THIS is what proves you're ready to be a Skell pilot!

It's more like they just needed someone to do that shit for them and you happened to be around :p

Does the Marry Me quest show up after Chapter 5? I've had no luck getting it to come back in the quest board after talking to Hope again and refreshing the board. :(

EDIT: Just figured it out. Had too many Primordia quests in the queue. Abandoned a bunch and was able to refresh and get the quest!

Sadist

Crap wrecked my skell. Ambushed by a high level enemy. But the insurance repaired him, but now I can't find it. Woops. Where is it?

Conezays

Flying my Skells around and doing Chapter 10. I like lots a things about the game, but definitely some mechanics that don't altogether mesh that great (too many unnecessary party members without much incentive to use, etc.). Hoping I don't have another 50 hours to go before completion, Lol.

Vecks

Crap wrecked my skell. Ambushed by a high level enemy. But the insurance repaired him, but now I can't find it. Woops. Where is it?

Go back to the terminal at the barracks and select hangar. It should show up after doing something there I think.

ChefWycoon

Neo Member
Can we dodge enemy ground slam abilities by jumping at the right moment? I tried it a few times and it seemed to work, but it could be that I was out of range or I was just seeing an animation for a different attack.

tizaffy

Neo Member
so i have plenty of weapons to make (level 20, 40 and 60) but no armour to make?? only level 1 armours??

how do you get armour and skell schematics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom