• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Impulsor

So unboxed and hooked up the console yesterday, set up Nintendo ID, updated firmware, and set the game to download the 4 loading packs.

Took for ever so I went to sleep without even starting the game. I'll try it out today, how are youguys liking it?

So euhm, how exactly do you fast travel? I've planted 3 probes so far and I thought I could travel to those + NLA locations with the gamepad, but I can't figure it out.

fernoca

How does best buy make money on the amazing way they treat gamers nowadays? I ordered it from them online and got %20 off for GCU. Then they go ahead and ship it to me next day air so I get it on release date. I ordered the limited edition so that's like what, a $25-30 value? Amazing
Well, the reality is that they're a business. :p

They're making money per game sale, per subscription and on top of other deals publishers arrange with them.

Then, like Wal-Mart and other stores, they make even more money through add-ons, services (like Geek Club), and credit cards. Then there are stuff like the rewards programs, which companies use and sell data.

So...yeah. :p

While posting this, I pressed Start, thought it paused the game..and a few Level 1 creatures started attacking my character. XD

aravuus

Attacked a big monster, died real fast but Elma managed to kill it with 10 hp remaining lol. Good job, Elma!

Nice to see it's not an instant game over if your MC dies.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Got the game fully downloaded over night. Unfortunately I had to go to work today, so I can play it only in the afternoon. And now to go feed my patience with the stories written here since I went to sleep.

Vishnu

So euhm, how exactly do you fast travel? I've planted 3 probes so far and I thought I could travel to those + NLA locations with the gamepad, but I can't figure it out.

You can't travel to all probes.
The ones that you can have a symbol on the grid on the Gamepad..
Click on the grid, then there will be an orange bar on the bottom of the Gamepad which says Fast travel to location.

Vishnu

Uh, how do I zoom out?

In the main game?
As far as I can tell you can't.
You can use the + and - signs on the gamepad for the map,
You can use the arial camera in the field, that gives you a remote camera which you can move around.

EDIT: Look like you can, my bad!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So is there no european (German) preload for the data packs?

It was a preload for the data packs, but anyhow now we are post release, so you should be able to download them anyhow. Check the add-on content on Xenoblade X eshop page.

Dad

Thank you! Swear I tried every button, but I guess I missed one. Much nicer to play when it's a bit zoomed out.
I learned the hard way when I accidentally zoomed into first person during a boss fight. Button mapping galore in this game

So some information about my play style if anybody is in a similar boat and wants to squad up (in NA):

Is anyone doing a squad for people who will go slowly through the game for months or possibly throughout all of next year?

Not only am I busy but I'm currently playing Xenogears and need to finish Xenosaga Episode III. I would like to do both before tackling most of the story missions (I know they aren't connected but I want to catch the winks and nods). I will not be able to get into the meat of the game until probably February or later.

I plan to play about 15-20 hours this month just so I can confirm the game's placement on my GOTY rankings.

I will absolutely go for 100% and put in 300 hours so if you want someone committed for the long haul I'll be there.

I also have a preorder and plan to play Devil's Third with what ever small amount of Gaffers plan to play.

Hope I put my name of the Google doc correctly.

Chastten

Banned

After two days delay at the depot because of the holiday weekend it finally arrived late last night ^_^

Out with the old, in with the new! Time to play it three days straight.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I want to contribute more to the thread but I cant until atleast Monday but hopefully before that :(

Atram

7 Hours in the Game, this Game is massiv and Xenoblade on steroids.

my recommendation for the start: take your time, try everything out and READ THE MANUAL xD

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
The time passes so slow at work. Come on, I want to leave Earth any time soon.

I guess I will buy the digital guide meanwhile and read through it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The time passes so slow at work. Come on, I want to leave Earth any time soon.

I guess I will buy the digital guide meanwhile and read through it.

where did you buy it?

TheMoon

Yay, my amazonFR tracker updated. Getting the game tomorrow. One more day of waiting as punishment for my shitty OT title :p

Hope y'all are happy :p

someone please tell me you can use the headphone jack and tv at the same time lol

Nope. :/

if you enable off-tv play, the sound moves to the gamepad while the picture on the TV stays the same, so yes.

Well yea, that's a workaround but you'll lose the gamepad UI functionality and have to switch back and forth. Not ideal.

Yo guys! Short question:
A message popped up that more crew members (gwen etc) are now available besides elma and lyn. Do i have to find them in the city and speak to them directy or is there also a terminal to manage this?
If i have to find them, where are they?
Can only find lyn and elma in the barracks

That was one of the main criticisms from import players. You always have to actually track down and find the NPCs to recruit them. There's no menu.

Anondreas

So some information about my play style if anybody is in a similar boat and wants to squad up (in NA):

Is anyone doing a squad for people who will go slowly through the game for months or possibly throughout all of next year?

Not only am I busy but I'm currently playing Xenogears and need to finish Xenosaga Episode III. I would like to do both before tackling most of the story missions (I know they aren't connected but I want to catch the winks and nods). I will not be able to get into the meat of the game until probably February or later.

I plan to play about 15-20 hours this month just so I can confirm the game's placement on my GOTY rankings.

I will absolutely go for 100% and put in 300 hours so if you want someone committed for the long haul I'll be there.

I also have a preorder and plan to play Devil's Third with what ever small amount of Gaffers plan to play.

That will probably be the case for me as well. NNID=Anondreas

Yo guys! Short question:
A message popped up that more crew members (gwen etc) are now available besides elma and lyn. Do i have to find them in the city and speak to them directy or is there also a terminal to manage this?
If i have to find them, where are they?
Can only find lyn and elma in the barracks
Other party members are scattered about New LA and I think usually you need to have some sidequests completed to unlock them. Yes you always have to speak to them directly to put them in your party.

Apparently where they are is indicated on the map somehow.

just digital (ingame), but NoE will put for sure soon a .pdf online (like for the other Nintendo published Games).
I'm waiting for this as Amazon UK are saying my copy will arrive on Wednesday (like WTF guys I thought you had a policy the video games arrived for release date and it was saying Saturday until is dispatched then all of a sudden it is Wednesday).

knkng

Just a quick heads up to everybody:

The cutscene for entering New LA didn't trigger for me (Prologue 5/5). I ended up running around the city for an hour trying to figure out where to go. The yellow arrow just kept leading me to the entrance tunnel, and even when it became a yellow circle (indicating that this is where I should be), and I was standing right in the middle of it, nothing happened. I had to save, shut down the game, and then reboot it to get the cutscene to trigger.

Just in case this happens to anybody else, if you get to a mission marker and nothing happens, it might be a bug. Reboot the game and try again.

Played about ten hours now and I absolutely love it, but I have some small issues:

- When you enter a battle, the map on your Gamepad disappears. That's annoying.

- It can be a pain to find a team member to recruit in your party. Some of them are on the opposite side of New LA. I would have preferred them being in the barracks.

- As mentioned before, the game does a poor job of explaining how everything works. Skills is something I found out existing pretty late.

- And now my biggest issue: the on screen text is way too small. I'm playing on a 43 inch television and I'm about 2,5 meters away from it. But I still have trouble reading the text in many cases. I guess there isn't an option to make it bigger? If you play on the Gamepad it's even worse.

Other than this, awesome stuff :-D

69wpm

I'm not sure if I will 100% the game, but I'm going to take my time with it because work doesn't allow me to play a lot anymore. We should join up from time to time.

4LYDBXS.jpg

QGwVTFP.png

Tried to recreate the avatar we saw in the first trailers.

4LYDBXS.jpg

QGwVTFP.png

Tried to recreate the avatar we saw in the first trailers.

Eh, yeah, that makes me wonder... Why'd they drop the OG avatar from the initial showing in favor of a rather ugly default male? Especially baffling since he still exists on the cover art and main menu screen.

...Also, can anyone say if that Shulk lookalike in the reveal trailer that had a whole 5 seconds or so dedicated just to showing his face in the darkness has any form of role anywhere in the game, or was that just slipped into that trailer for no form of discernible reason?

Eh, yeah, that makes me wonder... Why'd they drop the OG avatar from the initial showing in favor of a rather ugly default male? Especially baffling since he still exists on the cover art and main menu screen.

...Also, can anyone say if that Shulk lookalike in the reveal trailer that had a whole 5 seconds or so dedicated just to showing his face in the darkness has any form of role anywhere in the game, or was that just slipped into that trailer for no form of discernible reason?
There's a comparison picture out there, but I can't link it since I am on mobile. The Shulk look-alike is actually the default male face (the red-haired character in recent trailers). Or at least they look very similar. The first trailer might have been made when they were deciding whether or not to have a playable main protagonist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom