• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
NaJvEJ8.jpg

woopWOOP

Won't be able to play for real for awhile, but atleast I managed to create my old fart hero

Creation tools were a little more limited than what I was expecting, but I suppose this works
WVW69ioNmPAUjUD-zy

Gave him a bunch of stars below his left eye. You so silly, grandpa!

I don't have £30-40 to get this game currently. Though with how much content it probably has by the time I get it, people won't have finished playing.

So I've just been to Gamestop. I was looking to trade in a couple things to reduce the price, and hopefully afford the special edition.

Here in Norway, a standard copy of X retails for 500kr, thats about 60 USD. The special edition retails at 850kr. The digital version, if you own the first Xenoblade, costs 420kr.

Gamestop wanted 700kr. For the standard edition. Hell no.

Digital it is. And I've already downloaded the packs for speeding up load-times.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
So I've just been to Gamestop. I was looking to trade in a couple things to reduce the price, and hopefully afford the special edition.

Here in Norway, a standard copy of X retails for 500kr, thats about 60 USD. The special edition retails at 850kr. The digital version, if you own the first Xenoblade, costs 420kr.

Gamestop wanted 700kr. For the standard edition. Hell no.

Digital it is. And I've already downloaded the packs for speeding up load-times.

Those data packs are useless for digital download.

TheMoon

No no no! Delete them. They have ZERO effect for the digital version. They only exist to bring the disc version closer in line with the download version!

The download page even told you this several times^^

Kaname

That moment when you buy the game but don't have the console to play it on :(
If only I could find a decent offer...can't justify spending too much for a console I'd use literally for 2-3 games

Impulsor

That moment when you buy the game but don't have the console to play it on :(
If only I could find a decent offer...can't justify spending too much for a console I'd use literally for 2-3 games
You already have the game! YOu can't justify spending money on a console just for 2-3 games, but you can justify spending money on a game for a console you don't have?

Go ahead, you won't regret getting the console.

Dam i want a Wii U just for this game.

Do it, just as I did. XD I'm weak.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I go on media blackouts for games I know I'm going to buy, so the mute protagonist was a shocker to me. So very, very, very disappointed. I'm barely an hour in and it is really getting on my nerves how they had to write around this. It's so awkward.

Shulk and the superb voice action was one of the great strengths of the first game. And so far everybody else's VA is on point.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Did anyone buy the prima eguide, and if so, is it any good?

I bought it and reading through it now, at work. It has detailed description of practically everything in the game as far as I can see. It contains walk-troughs for every chapter of the story and for the affinity missions, description for the basic missions and so on. I haven't started yet the game, so I don't want to read yet through those, but I picked randomly one affinity mission to check and it seems to have a detailed description where you need to go and find things, whom to fight and so on.

I bought it and reading through it now, at work. It has detailed description of practically everything in the world as far as I can see. It contains walk-troughs for every chapter of the story and for the affinity missions, description for the basic missions and so on. I haven't started yet the game, so I don't want to read yet through those, but I picked randomly one affinity mission to check and it seems to have a detailed description where you need to go and find things, whom to fight and so on.

Got the eguide as well, haven't had a chance to read anything yet,but your brief description sounds like its pretty detailed. Nice :)

Those data packs are useless for digital download.

No no no! Delete them. They have ZERO effect for the digital version. They only exist to bring the disc version closer in line with the download version!

The download page even told you this several times^^

Guys, chill. I know.

I've already downloaded them because I planned to go physical. But then that failed, so now I need to download the digital version instead.

Thanks to the hour delay in them getting the digital version up, I spent 2 hours falling asleep and randomly waking up to make one or two character decisions before falling asleep again.

I think by 3 am, I had finally gotten all that done and fought like, a battle before calling it a night.

Can't wait to dig into this after work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom