• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

Should be at my house when I get home from work, or shortly after that.

So excited. What class path has everyone been going down? About how long until you're done with Drifter?

ciddative

My copy was given an estimated delivery date of "on or before" the 9th. I sure hope that means today.

Can't find any mention of whether people who ordered from them had it turn up in a delivery van. Official store page just states Standard Delivery - 'Royal Mail/Yodel'. Will be disappointed if Nintendo can't even commit to release day delivery.

Did any of you UK Nintendo store guys get a choice of delivery options when you preordered?

I see now that if I bought it now I can get next day delivery guaranteed.

It be silly if people buying it now can get it before people that preordered...

Target just delayed my special edition order by a freaking month so I had to cancel it. And it's not available anywhere else either it seems. Bah... :(

Crumbtiny

Le sigh. LE still not shipped from Amazon US. Guess I'm going to BB after work today. Just sat down at my desk so only 8 more hours.

Going to be a sloooow day.

Obviously this game is not going to light up the sales charts but anyone else think it might do better than some think???

I know it's not a proper indication but I see more people buying a Wii U for this game than almost any other Nintendo game.

I don't think it will be a disaster but keep in mind, not expecting big numbers.

Raide

Obviously this game is not going to light up the sales charts but anyone else think it might do better than some think???

I know it's not a proper indication but I see more people buying a Wii U for this game than almost any other Nintendo game.

I don't think it will be a disaster but keep in mind, not expecting big numbers.

Like many Nintendo games, fans will support the game and have a load of fun with it but its not going to save Nintendo. I just hope there is enough support for Nintendo to keep the extra content coming. Do we know how much has appeared since the Japanese release?

Ffs, my local MediaMarkt still doesn't have the game while others were already selling it since wednesday apparently. Ugh, will check again after work, otherwise I'll have to go with the more expensive GameMania option :/

Like many Nintendo games, fans will support the game and have a load of fun with it but its not going to save Nintendo. I just hope there is enough support for Nintendo to keep the extra content coming. Do we know how much has appeared since the Japanese release?

I never think any Wii U game is going to save the system.

I just think enough people are picking this up and excited about it that it won't be a smack in the face to the developer who put a ton of effort into it.

Much like the first Xenoblade, I think it will do much better than a typical "niche" game, as some people expect it to be. The sales will be respectable given the limited market size of its platform. What I'm really interested to see is if there are any upticks in Wii U hardware sales for December compared to previous years.

syoaran

Day 1 impressions:

Once the tutorial section is over [about 5hrs in on my playthough], it was a game that I kept playing until I realised it was 4 in the morning. Once the game allows you to explore and do quests, the game becomes frankly amazing. This game is very enjoyable to play - and thanks to its game design - it's very nice to pick up and play. I feel like MGSV tried to do pick-up-and-play game design as well, but didn't work so well for that type of story. Here, splitting it up into byte sized chunks is actually a good thing and makes sense from a narrative perspective so far.

While the world itself is phenomenal - I don't feel immersed. This comes from two things:
- Character models have gone back to Xenosaga 1 levels of emotion. Example: Lin plays sarcastically with Tatsu in dialogue, but is completely deadpan on character expression. What amazes me is Shulk & co etc were far more emotive with so much less detail on their faces. I didn't just hear it in the audio, I saw it on the face.This makes it really hard to relate to the main character, because there isn't anything to tether me to them. I'm not sure why this has happened [art wise they had this nailed down in previous games], and I have to hope that with a game this size that cutscene detail improves over time.

- Lack of cohesion. The music, dialogue, world design, art style etc. They are all excellent, but they all seem to have been made in silo, none so far contributing to another in providing an immersive experience. Loud outrageous battle chants over a rap song in the middle of a still lake fighting the mother of all boss monsters feels like a parody of itself.

Compared to another JRPG - this game is amazing. Compared to an open world game - it really suffers. I remember vividly moments in Witcher 3 where I was on horseback with the wind & rain battering the forest I was entering, trees swaying and creaking], keeping my ears out for the faint sound of a beast hidden within. The atmosphere was almost tangible there. Not so much here in XCX. It's still amazing - I can't wait to get home to play it - but it disappoints me that the lack of emotion and immersion is present here.

I can't seem to get the hair color of my avatar right. It looked perfect in the character creator and then looks much, much blonder in the cut-scenes and status screen. I'm such a perfectionist, I keep making the character, zipping through the first area, and then restarting.

Ulysses 31

And here I am just sitting here waiting for GameStop to open.

ha-ha-nelson-Simpsons-nelson-ha-ha-93-p-672x480.jpg

How many others are there with you?

Compared to another JRPG - this game is amazing. Compared to an open world game - it really suffers. I remember vividly moments in Witcher 3 where I was on horseback with the wind & rain battering the forest I was entering, trees swaying and creaking], keeping my ears out for the faint sound of a beast hidden within. The atmosphere was almost tangible there. Not so much here in XCX. It's still amazing - I can't wait to get home to play it - but it disappoints me that the lack of emotion and immersion is present here.

Basically, it's beautiful but static to you???

Not surprising, there's a price for what they accomplished graphically alongside that scale.

Zelda Wii U has a better chance to make you feel immersed in a world.

Golnei

Just curious: What was particularly 'stralian about that post?

I'm guessing it might just have been from 'uni' over college? Though that's just a general British English thing as well...

I can't seem to get the hair color of my avatar right. It looked perfect in the character creator and then looks much, much blonder in the cut-scenes and status screen. I'm such a perfectionist, I keep making the character, zipping through the first area, and then restarting.

Are the choices of environment in the creation screen that limited in terms of lighting variety? I'll have to keep that in mind when I get around to playing it - like I really needed more of an incentive to waste a ridiculous amount of time on character creation...

Steejee

Digital Download complete. Played through the prologue, and now putting it down until I'm done with FO4. I guess Witcher 3 will have to wait until after XCX as my 'Giant Open World RPG' run continues (well, counting Saints Row 3, so just 'Open World' in that case). Definitely not helping my backlog, but will serve as nice change of style between FO4 and W3.

I really liked how many voices were offered, and having the credit for each right there was a really nice touch. Obviously, I went for the British voice...

Did any of you UK Nintendo store guys get a choice of delivery options when you preordered?

I see now that if I bought it now I can get next day delivery guaranteed.

It be silly if people buying it now can get it before people that preordered...

Good news, my copy arrived!

img_2280v4rt6.jpg

It was a separate Royal Mail delivery van, using standard delivery (the only option available when I preordered)

Are the choices of environment in the creation screen that limited in terms of lighting variety? I'll have to keep that in mind when I get around to playing it - like I really needed more of an incentive to waste a ridiculous amount of time on character creation...
I believe there's only three different environments you can place the avatar in during creation. Thank goodness there's the option to alter your character later on in the game.

CPCunha

Game gave me quite the scare when i first played it. I have the digital version on my external HD... i create a character and start playing and by the time i hit the cutscene with Elma on that first cliff, the sound just went insane...kept playing a loop on a tiny bit of audio... i tried to skip the cutscene and was presented with a black screen saying my external drive got disconnected even though i sat there untouched. Had to force boot the system and all.

Question time... i keep getting disconnected from the online server during gameplay. Anyone else experiencing that or is it just my ISP being a jerk.

Sushigod7

I'm waiting for UPS to deliver this Best Buy used some slow shipping. Its in town but not scanned out for delivery yet super annoying I wanted to play this weekend =(

depends

we talking about the "hurr probably gonna flop like Bayonetta 2" people, or not?

UPS sucks so bad. This is the status they have right now:

"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

Now I don't get my CE until Tuesday....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom