• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley327

So, for the gather X thingies quest that don't give you any guidance on the map do you basically just need to run around grabbing junk on the field till you get the stuff you want?

More or less, but the strategy guide (physical one, at least) comes with a section that accurately describes the drop ranges for those items, so there is a way to narrow your search down.

Just got my skell!!!!!the skell test was easy lmao it seems I already collected / beat the requirement before I even accepted the quest. I got lost in exploring the game, didn't bother to do story mission for a while until now

But ...now where the fuck is it. I went to the barracks to register it, come out jts gone? Anyone know where skell garage is ?? :((
It's auto registered to your chat, so you probably unregistered it instead

Has anyone completed a full collectopedia page? I've spent a good bit of time on primordia and its only around 90%. I can't see myself ever completing a collectopedia page in this game.

Lilo_D

Yeah I went for 30 hours and I actually got so mad I almost ejected the game and broke it, my wife told me to sell it. Will probably trade it in for paper jam. I honestly feel it's impossible to be a big fan of the first game and like the second. Gonna pick the first game back up now that I think about it, still have my run on the 3DS version to complete.

It's ok, it's not everybody's game, I drop witcher3 after 2 hours even it's this years GOTY.
Just try something more enjoyable for you

jgwhiteus

I'll ask again are battle points dependent on leveling up a class or are they dependent on simply doing battles?

Manual (section 23) says there are five ways you earn them:
- increasing level or class rank
- discovering a base camp
- inside treasure boxes
- special slots in Collectopedia
- squad missions

So fighting battles alone wouldn't do it, think they're awarded when you actually go up a rank?

Sölf

Recruited Phog and Boze. I also explored quite a bit more of Oblivia. Still have quite a few red quests to do before I can continue with Chapter 7. I also reached level 30 and bought my second Skell. Now only my other characters need to reach level 30. xD

Manual (section 23) says there are five ways you earn them:
- increasing level or class rank
- discovering a base camp
- inside treasure boxes
- special slots in Collectopedia
- squad missions

So fighting battles alone wouldn't do it, think they're awarded when you actually go up a rank?

if they also go up by leveling up then that's fine, as it's easier for me to fight an enemy like 10 levels above my own and get a buttload of exp vs getting like 30 class rank points.

R0ckman

It's ok, it's not everybody's game, I drop witcher3 after 2 hours even it's this years GOTY.
Just try something more enjoyable for you

Thanks, I feel good knowing that I gave the game a chance and I do like the characters (like Lin and L), but I feel like this game was trying to be too many things at once and mostly everything suffered to varying degrees as a result.

I think they should have not been meek and just went ahead and made it a full MMO. I probably would have been less frustrated.

Sölf

What is actually the easiest way to level up classes? Killing level 1-2 mobs (or higher when possible, at level 30 not that much)? Also, Skell or no Skell? I mastered the top class and switched to the middle one, but leveling takes ages since it only counts enemy kills. And the current skillset sucks. D:

Iced

This has likely been covered already but it's hard to search: how's off tv play? Is anyone finding it tolerable? Planning on bringing the Wii U to my dad's over the holidays and I will be restricted to the gamepad.

EhoaVash

It's auto registered to your chat, so you probably unregistered it instead

Lol figured it out

Anyway getting a skell was super easy. Omg new battle music too yay

IMG_20151211_131451168.jpg

Sölf;188849150 said:
What is actually the easiest way to level up classes? Killing level 1-2 mobs (or higher when possible, at level 30 not that much)? Also, Skell or no Skell? I mastered the top class and switched to the middle one, but leveling takes ages since it only counts enemy kills. And the current skillset sucks. D:
You get less class points if you kill an enemy much lower leveled than you. Use your skell and take out high level, small enemies

Credo

This is about to drive me crazy. Can anyone tell me where the data probe location is in Primordia directly south of the Talon Rock Third Terrane hex? I've been all over the place and have absolutely no clue where it could be. I've looked for caves and I've gone as high as possible in my Skell that doesn't have flight yet, so maybe I need to have the ability to fly.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
What the fuck?

I tried to run the .exe file that comes on the Xenoblade collector's edition USB. The first time it locked up my PC. I tried again, this time copying the file from the stick to my Desktop before running. It kept endlessly accessing, so I restarted my PC after about 10 minutes. Instead of restarting normally, it went straight into entirely reinstalling Windows 10.

Are they serious with this? Word of warning to everyone who got the CE and is on Windows 10: DO NOT RUN THE .EXE FILE ON THE USB DRIVE

The fact that they didn't just include the song files on the drive as bad enough, but this borderlines on negligence.

Just an update. My computer reinstalled WIndows 10, and now I have a phantom old version of Window 10 that is taking up 20GB of space on my SSD. This can't be deleted in Disk Cleanup (not visible), or using elevated CMD methods. So... yeah. I must reiterate that if you are on Windows 10, I wouldn't even put that USB in your computer. You risk some bad stuff happening.

ultron87

More or less, but the strategy guide (physical one, at least) comes with a section that accurately describes the drop ranges for those items, so there is a way to narrow your search down.

Blech. Okay, hopefully I can just ignore those then and just finish them randomly as I do other stuff.

This is about to drive me crazy. Can anyone tell me where the data probe location is in Primordia directly south of the Talon Rock Third Terrane hex? I've been all over the place and have absolutely no clue where it could be. I've looked for caves and I've gone as high as possible in my Skell that doesn't have flight yet, so maybe I need to have the ability to fly.

Yup, need to wait till you can fly.

If it's the one I think it is, you'll get it when you get the flight module

NeonZ

The strengths of XC were the charm, the heart, and Shulk himself.

It's just so weird to read an opinion like that. Xenoblade's main cast and premise seemed just serviceable to me. They weren't offensive, but the whole set up with Shulk and the city being attacked were so cliche I couldn't believe they actually went through with it. What made it stand out to me was the sheer scale of the game. I could spend hours with the initial party doing a bunch of sidequests before actually progressing the main plot.

You spend so much time watching cutscenes of people slowly explaining the geography and the factions and whatever, all things better shown than told.

There's a big info dump in the beginning, but that's hardly how you'll spend a significant amount of your play time.

The combat feels less satisfying, perhaps due to the focus on ranged ballistic weapons.
I don't get this complain. Melee builds are perfectly viable.

The music feels very tone-deaf, especially the rap stuff, and pretty much nothing from the previous game is improved.

The sidekicks aren't as interesting as the ones from the previous either, with no attachment to them or their motivations.

So far, at least, I'm enjoying the optional affinity characters, like HB, Boze and Hope more than the secondary crew from Xenoblade, but the main story characters are about on the same level, and I really don't like Elma. She's basically the protagonist in the main story missions, but somehow manages to be even blander than Shulk.

I mentioned above that I didn't consider him charming, but at least he wasn't a negative, while, in Elma's case, I see myself actively preferring the storytelling when she isn't the main focus (like in the more elaborate side-quests and affinity quests) and the avatar has more urgency than (at least in the first half) in the main story where you're basically just following her around.

sensui-tomo

This has likely been covered already but it's hard to search: how's off tv play? Is anyone finding it tolerable? Planning on bringing the Wii U to my dad's over the holidays and I will be restricted to the gamepad.
You basically sorta loose fast travel(you'll have to switch back to tv play to use it and switch back, same with probing) I can use it fine though. Words are super tiny on the screen though.

Jolkien

Should I update my skells for the lvl 50 ones or keep my lvl 30 for eventually the lvl 60 skells ? (No clue how to unlock them).

To give you an indication I finished chapter 9 and I am level 52.

I'm sure someone on here said that the game looked great on the Gamepad. I've just tried it; visually, yeah it looks fine, but the text is literally unreadable.

It's a bit tricky to read the on-screen text on my TV as it is, I only have a 26in in my room.

About the only major conplaint I've got is that there isn't a music volume slider. Which is bizarre to me. There's a few times when the music totally drowns out dialogue in cutscenes and battles. Aparrently it was the same in Xenoblade Wii?

Should I update my skells for the lvl 50 ones or keep my lvl 30 for eventually the lvl 60 skells ? (No clue how to unlock them).

To give you an indication I finished chapter 9 and I am level 52.
Holy shit you're overleveled. I'm able to start chapter 12 and I'm still level 45

Sölf;188849150 said:

it's a gamble to level up a class after maxing a tree. You need to find an enemy maybe a few levels above your base level at most. Because the higher your base level the harder it is to level up a new class.

What I'm gonna do is go to fight enemies 3-5 levels above me. I should eventually find what the lowest level of enemy is that gives me the max 30 to my class ranking.

Use skells though. I used to think that using a skell wouldn't let you keep leveling up your ground class, but nope you still get experience for your class. Which is silly haha but I guess they didn't want to force people to stay on foot to level up a secondary branch.

Iced

I'm sure someone on here said that the game looked great on the Gamepad. I've just tried it; visually, yeah it looks fine, but the text is literally unreadable.

It's a bit tricky to read the on-screen text on my TV as it is, I only have a 26in in my room.

About the only major conplaint I've got is that there isn't a music volume slider. Which is bizarre to me. There's a few times when the music totally drowns out dialogue in cutscenes and battles. Aparrently it was the same in Xenoblade Wii?

Yes! I've noticed that too. I thought it was just the shitty PC speakers I have connected to my TV. Nice to know I'm not the only one with this issue.

Jolkien

Holy shit you're overleveled. I'm able to start chapter 12 and I'm still level 45

Yeah there's a REALLY fast leveling spot. I'll spoiler tag it in case.

FN Site 504 in Cauldros, level 50 Skells, super easy to defeat. You can get from 20 to 47'ish in no time at all.

Sadly I haven't found such a place to finish the grind to 60. I also do tons of optionnal stuff my global survey rate is at 42%

Sölf

I can easily take out small level 45 enemies with a team of level 30 Skells as a reference

I currently only have my main at level 30 (just reached that) and all others are somewhere in the 20-25 region. So I also can't buy them Skells yet (Elma got my old one). But okay, I will give it a shot.

Sölf;188850422 said:
I currently only have my main at level 30 (just reached that) and all others are somewhere in the 20-25 region. So I also can't buy them Skells yet (Elma got my old one). But okay, I will give it a shot.
Even that should be enough for the smallest enemy sizes if you equip it well

R.D.Blax

I'm still impressed by how brutal some side quest can be for the NPC...
Getting skinned alive must not feel good even with a mime

ivysaur12

Banned
Wow at some of these side quests. The water purification plant
was just brutal. I only finished Chapter 6.... is there ever a follow up to this? I need to kill more of those weird human creatures anyway.

EhoaVash

I decided to test this skell out. Battled a enemy 10 levels higher, was squashing him until I went to Overdrive mode , then game put me in cockview mode and I flew all the way into the sky and hit one of those flying level 55 fucks

I managed to time the ejecting qte right....but my skell disappeared

I went back to the barracks it said my insurance replaced my skell...fuck how many more time will they cover me...???

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anyone figure out any good affinity grinding tips?

I started throwing 3 non-Elma/Lin NPC's into my party for the sake of doing silly basic missions, but Oh-my-god killing a bunch of enemies in the teen-levels is soul-crushing because they can't survive anything higher just to sluggishly get XP and affinity hearts.

Halp!

Dolls are OP?

as soon as I got them for the rest of the team it is taking 5 seconds to beat some enemies

Skells are definitely OP. Hence why more often than not they force you to get out for certain areas haha.

Also since I bought my whole team Skells and tricked out their weapons, I was down to 1 million.

Then I proceeded to buy some level 35 armor for my one character and motherfucking went down to fucking like 300k. Armor/weapons gets ridiculously expensive as you level up. I guess this is my punishment for going crazy with spending money with skells haha.

killroy87

I haven't got a Skell yet, but when i do, how important is fuel management? Like, if I want to just spend time out in the world exploring, do I need to worry?

ohlawd

where is the limited swimsuit bottoms? I looked around residential, industrial, and commercial districts with nothing to show ;_;

daakusedo

Some weeks ago I asked if there was some locked doors for the late game, looks like I found one in a Primordia cavern.

I was worried about leaving some members behind but it's in fact really fast getting one up to par, going lv12 to 30 doing some stuffs in no time.

Quality wise, it's an achievement to have maps to the level of xenoblade but so much bigger. I have memories like going on the cliffs in the top of gaur plains, here there's far places rewarding exploration like that in greater quantity. The octogonal division of the map probably play in having uniqueness of each parts and well skells swallow up the miles so the scale appears more normal.

Jolkien

I haven't got a Skell yet, but when i do, how important is fuel management? Like, if I want to just spend time out in the world exploring, do I need to worry?

It goes down relatively fast if you fly but you can explore for a long time. You don't burn any on the ground outside of combat. To refuel it it cost 5k miranium to replenish 3k fuel.

TDLink

Wow at some of these side quests. The water purification plant
was just brutal. I only finished Chapter 6.... is there ever a follow up to this? I need to kill more of those weird human creatures anyway.

Yes there is more involving that place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom