• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxism

Don't do Blade gathering quests, just grab them when you've actually the items on you.
Npcs fetch quests, talk again to the npc, sometime he can tell you where to get his item.
Is this really how it is for BLADE gathering quest? Pretty lame. I guess I can at least get an info from an NPC.

Aim_Ed

Yeah. I really like her design but she seems to be too distant most of the time. I guess she is a commander so it makes sense but still.

I really like how mellow she is, it's a nice break from all the eccentricity surrounding my party. I understand she can be a bit dull sometimes though.

For beating the story, LV30 Skells are enough (I took the best heavy one and never looked back). After you get Skells there are only a few occasions where you can't abuse Skells :D.

if for beating the game a level 30 skell is enough then awesome. whole team has level 30 skells. Well except the fourth dude, but why buy one for him when apparently a party member later on has his own skell.

Sitrus

Wow 5 mil for a single Skell later on?

Uhm, where are some good places to get resource probes haha.
EDIT:

Yes.

Don't worry, there are ways to get 5 millions really fast. I got 15 millions during 1,5 hours spamming Scouting Antropolis. Each run takes about 1min, but it has to load, aftter the mission I dump the miranium on fuel for the skell then the rest on some AM then restart the mission.

R0ckman

ah yes, Shulk, the walking exposition.

XB is an amazing game but it's so overrated by its fans.

Compared to this? Meh... This is probably the epitome of overrated, which led me to my episode. I had a feeling something was wrong when the Japan players were upset when it released there, but I ignored it by listening to the fans here and on other boards, "surely it can't be that bad". To be honest, from lack of a less offensive term I think a lot of it has to deal with being starved or thirsty for a JRPG on the Wii U, anything one can get their hands on. Nintendo did string us along on nothing more than gameplay and battle footage for about 2 years through directs and that seemed to be enough for some people but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I think the mechanics are a bit weird too, overly complex, not in terms of understanding, but functioning and how the AI fights around it. When I was hitting difficulty spikes and getting "walled" the wall was more of a problem with the AI on my team, I ended up soloing almost 3 bosses because the team just couldn't stay up.

Is this really how it is for BLADE gathering quest? Pretty lame. I guess I can at least get an info from an NPC.

best way to do blade gathering quests is to just find shit and pick it up as you're travelling around areas, then go to the mission board, press R, and scroll down to see which one you have all of the shit for. Then choose those and insta-finish the mission. Gathering missions clogging up your mission list when so many are "grab this rare item". Lol fuck that.

Astral Dog

Little story spoiler:
There is a reason for why she is that way.

Ok, but that is not really a reason they would design such, stoic, generic or boring characters, its like that guy who said there was a clever reason they get their health back after battle when that was already on the original game.,

Anyways, as much as some people complained that most of the character human designs are a bit generic, i have to say, im not sure whats up with the Alienns, Goetia is a sexy Octopus, a sexy Octopus who has some ass shoots and all, and i am not even sure what the other girl is supposed to be, overall the humanoid female designs are very weird. even compared to the first game. character design is something they have to revaluate imo.

JulianImp

Leveling up AMs to levels 2-3 give you additional gear you can purchase in the terminal to the left of the AM one, and levels 4 and 5 just upgrade the rarity of equipment and give it extra effects (but stats and resistances are the same AFAIK).

Oh look another impossible boss I have to die and run back to 3 times to even stand a chance of beating. Stupid as hell.

The same thing has happened to me with the large monkey boss early on, the one in the desert and Goethia on her skell (I only died once to regular Goethia). The game asking me to lower the boss' difficulty was a bit sad, but some bosses felt like really large difficulty spikes in terms of their damage output and abilities compared to everything else around them.

MilkBeard

Compared to this? Meh... This is probably the epitome of overrated, which led me to my episode. I had a feeling something was wrong when the Japan players were upset when it released there, but I ignored it by listening to the fans here and on other boards, "surely it can't be that bad". To be honest, from lack of a less offensive term I think a lot of it has to deal with being starved or thirsty for a JRPG on the Wii U, anything one can get their hands on. Nintendo did string us along on nothing more than gameplay and battle footage for about 2 years through directs and that seemed to be enough for some people but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I think the mechanics are a bit weird too, overly complex, not in terms of understanding, but functioning and how the AI fights around it. When I was hitting difficulty spikes and getting "walled" the wall was more of a problem with the AI on my team, I ended up soloing almost 3 bosses because the team just couldn't stay up.

I don't think X is overrated...in fact, I'd say the reviews between 7 and 9 are pretty spot on. Of course if the game doesn't gel with you, you will feel differently. And yes, it is a little bit different experience from the first game so if you were expecting that, it would be a disappointment.
As for the AI, they can be annoying, but they were the same way in Xenoblade for me as well. The thing is, once you get your team to the right level, have the right gear and augments, and level up their skills and artes, then they will stop dying. Except for Irina. She always seems to die, lol.

The rabbit-eared mecha is pretty cool. I went with white, gold, orange, and purple.

hml7Awl.png

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Don't worry, there are ways to get 5 millions really fast. I got 15 millions during 1,5 hours spamming Scouting Antropolis. Each run takes about 1min, but it has to load, aftter the mission I dump the miranium on fuel for the skell then the rest on some AM then restart the mission.

Can I get some details? What level do you need to be to do that mission?

Evilkazz

Banned
Yes to all. My low level party member i was forced to use though died in one or two shots

Well I certainly wont defend the practice of forcing optional party members on you and forcing you to use them even if you hadn't before. After the first time this happened to me I paid more attention to what party members would be required/restricted from certain story situations and trained them up accordingly before taking them into a big battle.

It's annoying but gets the job done if you run into one of those situations and would rather not pull the boss level down.

The game doesn't even have the decency to kill off tatsu and give me a sassy female noppon.

If I have to fucking hear

Tatsu: What Linly cooking?

Lin: DUUUUUUUUUUR TATSU

Tatsu: TATSU NOT FOR EATING

one more fucking time I'm gonna go kill myself via death by tyrant

ivysaur12

Banned
Do the Marnuck ever get more to do? They're not even really explained in the game's story like the Prone or
Worthians or Ma-non
, they're just there.

R.D.Blax

Well, I guess I just meet the strongest tyrant of the game..
When another song that Uncontrollable is playing, you just know shit got real

Parfait

The game doesn't even have the decency to kill off tatsu and give me a sassy female noppon.

If I have to fucking hear

Tatsu: What Linly cooking?

Lin: DUUUUUUUUUUR TATSU

Tatsu: TATSU NOT FOR EATING

one more fucking time I'm gonna go kill myself via death by tyrant

I wouldn't want a sassy female nopon because who would be the emergency rations?

okita

Need some help:

I have invested in one AM up till lvl4 , but items don't show up to buy , Do i need to unlock something further to show up?

It's the nopon one , I'm in chapter 7

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I think I ran into a game ending glitch. I'm supposed to meet Lao to start the Chapter 4 story mission. When I meet him, I can have him join my party or decline. No other options. If I decline, nothing happens. If he joins, the quest doesn't update. The marker stays where he was and no further instructions pop up in the journal. It still says "meet Lao at the place." I even wandered around Nocturis and fast traveled to see if it would trigger something.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Guize halp. I want to play more but I literally can't.

Golnei

Anyways, as much as some people complained that most of the character human designs are a bit generic, i have to say, im not sure whats up with the Alienns, Goetia is a sexy Octopus, a sexy Octopus who has some ass shoots and all, and i am not even sure what the other girl is supposed to be, overall the humanoid female designs are very weird. even compared to the first game. character design is something they have to revaluate imo.

After Vanea, I wasn't surprised. Goetia is tacky, but not 'drill-shaped nipple tassel' tacky.

Got three hours of sleep, then spent seven hours cleaning out a vacant house. Time to spend the next ten hours wandering Mira!
and documenting all those baby lobster locations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom