• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwj442

After Vanea, I wasn't surprised. Goetia is tacky, but not 'drill-shaped nipple tassel' tacky.
(First game spoilers) The
Machina
were really, really awful designs.
Egil
was decent, but the rest were varying shades of hideously overdesigned and/or tastelessly tacky. It's good thing they're introduced late so your first impression of the game is with the Mechon and other better-designed characters.

Teknoman

WVW69ipksPM9i8LhI3

I like how this suit has a monado emblem on the lapel.

Just noticed Lin has Monado hair pins.

Venfayth

Where do I find beagflea squashes? It's for my Skell license, I've spent the last hour running around in Olivia looking for it.

Go to -the cave-

Go to FN 317 in Oblivia, it's on the southern edge of the continent on the eastern side. Drop down the cliff from the probe, head west, watch for a cave in the wall and head inside, explore thoroughly.

Dineren

Banned
Guize halp. I want to play more but I literally can't.

I couldn't remember this, but I looked it up in the guide and it doesn't mention anything besides meeting him to trigger the next quest step. Maybe try changing the time of day? I can't remember if going to that spot is supposed to trigger a cutscene or if you are just supposed to talk to him. If it triggers a cutscene, maybe try running around him to see if you can hit a trigger.

Teknoman

Yeah its pretty bad ass.

I am on Team Lin. But then I liked Chie from Persona 4 so per GAF I have bad taste.

In all seriousness though Lin could have been much worse I think her VA did brilliant work.

Yeah her VA is pretty cool / believable. Helps that she has pretty natural sounding lines too. Her eyes kinda look odd though. Did the same artist who did Xenogears or Saga character designs work on this? Because the face styles seem similar.

Anyone want to join a squad with me and fight the Telethia Plume with me?

Around what level do the Squad Missions start anyway?

I'm only 13, but I keep seeing Squad Tasks only...unless i'm not joining the right people on my friends list? Also I need to find a good way to use Squad Messages.

desu

Just listened to the whole soundtrack. Do all songs of it really appear in the game? There are some (weird) German songs that I don't remember ever playing in the game.

Jolkien

So I need to get 4 tough humpsteaks from domestic armored suids or other in primordia, can anybody help ? I found Iron Suids and I can't get the damn thing to drop.

Ok, just figured it out. It's got hp bars for every time anyone fights it. We beat it 3 times, which has reduced the total number server wide by 3. According to the mission though, it still has over 8 million left LOL

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I couldn't remember this, but I looked it up in the guide and it doesn't mention anything besides meeting him to trigger the next quest step. Maybe try changing the time of day? I can't remember if going to that spot is supposed to trigger a cutscene or if you are just supposed to talk to him. If it triggers a cutscene, maybe try running around him to see if you can hit a trigger.
Going there triggers a cutscene and then he asks if he could join, which you have the choice to do but it's not in cutscene.

Evilkazz

Banned
Ok, just figured it out. It's got hp bars for every time anyone fights it. We beat it 3 times, which has reduced the total number server wide by 3. According to the mission though, it still has over 8 million left LOL

Yeah I found something similar.

At least we can keep fighting it and keep getting rewards that go towards special stuff in the AM terminal.

I suppose you can also do it solo too. Still a fun time guys.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

Aw man. Thanks for looking. I tried all that stuff. I shut off the game. Maybe the gods will be kind and the bug will magically fix itself when I boot up tomorrow. :(

R.D.Blax

So I need to get 4 tough humpsteaks from domestic armored suids or other in primordia, can anybody help ? I found Iron Suids and I can't get the damn thing to drop.

Go to the base where we first meet Tatsu. Or you can buy them at the blade barrack with reward ticket

I need research probes.

Is there a way I can get some that I'm not aware of? This stupid affinity mission is killing me inside.

Also, Blade Fencer is fucking awesome.

JulianImp

One thing I don't like is how most characters's animations appear to be nearly as limited as in Xenoblade, with a single idle expression (with girls flapping their arms about for some reason) and some generic actions such as "arms crossed", "covering face", "handing out item" or "explaining" at best. It isn't a deal-breaker, but still is somewhat underwhelming since it results in characters lacking... well, character.

I'm also not really feeling the whole grind that comes from having to powerlevel my secondary teammates, since most of them are below level 20 and can't even get into my starter skell. Maybe they could've allowed you to swap out party members on those BLAD forward bases that are out in the field to make it less of a pain compared to having to fast travel all the way back to NLA, recruit them and then go back to whatever you were doing.

Just in case, would anyone care to list which characters besides Elma and Lyn are required for story misions, and at around which level I should have them so that they aren't a complete liability to my team?

meanwhile I watched a stream where they wiped out 125 lives in a single pass lol

Mupod

do you need to create a group of 4 before fighting the nemesis thing? Every time I've tried, it doesn't find anyone.

edit: also if you lose your skell in there does it use up insurance?

Teknoman

Is that a World Nemesis?

EDIT: The scouts in the waiting room always seem to have space beer.

jgwhiteus

Is this the one where you meet up with him before entering Noctilum? You should see a yellow quest circle marker near the entrance to Noctilum which triggers a cutscene of a skell installing a probe; after that, you have to ask him to join your party (it doesn't happen automatically). Then the next step is to head to the marker in Noctilum, don't think there's a specific quest update once he joins. If you see the yellow quest marker has moved to Noctilum, then you should be fine to proceed. Edit: you said the quest marker didn't update; did you see the cutscene with the skell first?

Vecks

I feel like I kind of went through the same situation... but I can't remember. I think you just move on to the next point. Is it not on a separate mission? Maybe check the missions and see if there's another main mission for you to set the target.

Evilkazz

Banned
Were you trying active or squad mission? Active lets you join someone else, squad allows you to host

If that's the case I'm game for another if you are.

Just looked up the requirements for some for some of the special items you can make with Telethia parts. They require a SHITTON.

jgwhiteus

So where do I find Mia in Noctilum, I'm past Chapter 6 now so she should be there somewhere.

One of her normal quests, right? I think I ran into her at a huge tree that takes you to the upper levels (think it's called Sky Coil Tree), and she was on the spiraling path upward. It's in the central part of the upper area.

I figured that there would be a twist at some point. I just got through a large chunk of chapter 6, so some things are starting to get clearer. However, their dialogue was still pretty silly.

In fairness, several characters and Npcs do note the Prone are an overly aggressive and simplistic species. I think even the enemy conpandium states they are only useful as thugs and foot soldiers.

Dad

Is their some sort of taunt resistance in this game? I can hold the attention of most enemies for the full duration, but I feel like I only hold bosses and tyrants for a couple of seconds before they get distracted by my healer or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom