• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Chapter 5
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS I thought I couldn't love this game more!!!!!!!!

The whole twist was one of the better thought out game twists in recent memory. Someone mentioned this a few pages ago but it explains a lot of stuff that you might take for granted with it being a game, like with no fall damage. Plus it makes the tower percentage really ominous

Evilkazz

Banned
Maybe? We can see. I guess you get medals when all squad tasks are completed or other squad missions?

Yup, cant do it. That sucks, I dont even know how to get more.

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01w6lyc.jpg

Who's that 4th girl?

I'd like to note you can cash in some of the nemesis rewards for tickets which can make your life a lot easier on quests since they can be exchanged for many types of monster drops

Anfang

Played for an hour. Holy shit people weren't joking about the text size. I might have to push the couch forward for this

It really does suck. You cant hear what they say during the cutscenes very well and its hard to read the subs. The double whammy.

Semajer

Has anyone done the
Prone
marriage quest? Does anyone know what happens if you stick up for
Leroy at the beach?
Are there more quests in this line?

Only minor quest spoilers.

Qurupeke

Ok, wtf is going on with that Telethia Plume Nemesis? Joined a squad, managed to beat it after a harsh fight and then it regained all of its health and the game said that it can now read my thoughts. Almost every attack missed after that and it destroyed us and the mission failed. There's no way I'll be able to beat something that cheats like that, unless I'm missing something.

Need my bunny suit, damn it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
It really does suck. You cant hear what they say during the cutscenes very well and its hard to read the subs. The double whammy.
I know some of you guys are complaining about music volume and stuff, but I have never had a situation where the music just overpowers the scene so much that you can't hear anybody, now if we were playing asura's Wrath now I'd understand the complaint

JulianImp

Ok, wtf is going on with that Telethia Plume Nemesis? Joined a squad, managed to beat it after a harsh fight and then it regained all of its health and the game said that it can now read my thoughts. Almost every attack missed after that and it destroyed us and the mission failed. There's no way I'll be able to beat something that cheats like that, unless I'm missing something.

You just reminded me about how Telethias were all crap in the original, since they almost required Shulk's buff-removing monado art to hit them reliably (at least when you first came across them). Maybe a buff-removing attack such as the one you get from the Mastermind class line would work there or something?

desu

I'd like to note you can cash in some of the nemesis rewards for tickets which can make your life a lot easier on quests since they can be exchanged for many types of monster drops

Isn't that how most players get their end game Skells? Some stuff is farmable, but for the rest its faster to do the Nemsis stuff and farm Reward Tickets and then just buy the items from the ticket shop.

It has more hp bars than anyone could take out by themselves. There's a server wide total, and it'll keep escaping until that's done. BUt each time you take out a bar it ups your reward if it's completely beaten

sora87

Right so, for the skell license I have to kill things with weapons I can't equip, and the people who can are too low level. I'm starting to get bored of this games terribly thought out missions.

beanman25

Guys. In a little bit of a rough spot.

I'm level 17 with the other just about the same. Just entered oblivia and have to destroy the turrets, but I do very little damage. I'm hitting for like 170 on a melee strike and that seems awful low.

Best way to improve gear at this point?

Vecks

Right so, for the skell license I have to kill things with weapons I can't equip, and the people who can are too low level. I'm starting to get bored of this games terribly thought out missions.

Change your class to one that can equip it.

Guys. In a little bit of a rough spot.

I'm level 17 with the other just about the same. Just entered oblivia and have to destroy the turrets, but I do very little damage. I'm hitting for like 170 on a melee strike and that seems awful low.

Best way to improve gear at this point?

Probably better to just improve your arts instead.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

Oh that, first you have to equip the Monado and use monado purge, everyone always make that mistake

Well fuck

Teknoman

Played for an hour. Holy shit people weren't joking about the text size. I might have to push the couch forward for this

The subtitles are fine for me, but the general menu fonts, icons, and UI text is stupid small.

Has anyone seen NoA make a statement on this, or did it show in reviews? I cant believe people took Dead Rising to task but I havent seen anything mentioned in official media for XBX.

Neoweee

The subtitles are fine for me, but the general menu fonts, icons, and UI text is stupid small.

Has anyone seen NoA make a statement on this, or did it show in reviews? I cant believe people took Dead Rising to task but I havent seen anything mentioned in official media for XBX.

There's so many other things about the game regarding quality-of-life and interface to take issue with that the flak is divided across many targets.

I really hope an NX version is coming that spends the extra development time just cleaning up everything interface related.

JulianImp

Oh that, first you have to equip the Monado and use monado purge, everyone always make that mistake

Well fuck

My thoughts exactly.

I'm also now rocking the classic girl voice, if only because its ridiculous contrast with everybody else's lines is somewhat amusing. I can see getting tired of it and changing back to something else in the near future, though. I also changed the avatar's face for the obviously superior girl face (young girl looked okay at first, but then those huge, lifeless eyes got a bit creepty after a while).

"Yey, we ween!" never gets old.
.. okay, maybe not.

Edit: Random question: Is there a way to mark squad mission targets so that you can get to them using the helper ball thing? Or at least mark them on your map so that you don't have to manually look for where in the world a particular item, enemy or tyrant is supposed to be?

Teknoman

There's so many other things about the game regarding quality-of-life and interface to take issue with that the flak is divided across many targets.

I really hope an NX version is coming that spends the extra development time just cleaning up everything interface related.

Well I mean a patch could fix the graphic UI issues?

beanman25

Probably better to just improve your arts instead.

Rank 8 samurai gunner right now.

Defensive Stance - Assault Breaker - Rising Blade - Offensive Stance - Burst Grenade - Assault Hammer - Flame Grenade - Power Dive

IS that an awful set up? I'm new to this, so I kind of just threw stuff together. I will say it doesn't seem great in that I end up having to wait for things to buffer all at once.

sora87

Yeah great, switch to a class I don't like and have nothing unlocked on. Blargh.
Also the rest of the missions are pretty bullshit, I have no probes to reach 15k income, I'm at 7k and that is gonna just take forever. Gonna have to search everywhere for things to dismantle and hope I actually get probes.

I'm thinking about giving up on this game for now, the grind is too much to be enjoyable

pfft, load up with a bunch of other Ares 90s and start blasting away 100+ lives at a time :p

Wow these drop rates are abysmal. Went from rank 7 to 10 and I still couldn't get an oc-serv to drop an elemental cluster AND I NEED TWO. I'll do it later I guess.

Beats

Instant killing regular enemies with Irina is kinda silly lol. Though you're kinda left waiting around for a while if Servant Sacrifice misses unless you have the TP to Overdrive.

JulianImp

Wow these drop rates are abysmal. Went from rank 7 to 10 and I still couldn't get an oc-serv to drop an elemental cluster AND I NEED TWO. I'll do it later I guess.

Don't even remind me of random drop fetch quests... I had to grind Placid Duogills forever to get an item for moustache man's A Day In the Life affinity quest. It was awful.

Wagram

I really like when the Tyrants appear out of nowhere and you have a really fun battle. One of the best aspects of the game that I like a lot.

zroid

Banned
FUCK. I'm just trying to finish a damn mission by killing some aliens, and a Tyrant keeps running right into us and taking everyone out instantly. Ugh.

JulianImp

I really like when the Tyrants appear out of nowhere and you just die. One of the best aspects of the game that I like a lot.

FTFY, even though I'm always amused when I get randomly spotted by some overleveled thing that proceeds to crush every single skell of mine and one-shot everyone afterwards.

desu

Basically the reason I dropped endgame, there is a lot of farming etc. and the drop rates really equal endgame MMO grind which is just not worth it.

Oh jeez well at least now I know I'll be fighting for my bunny suit tooth and nail. T-T

RagnarokX

Need some help:

I have invested in one AM up till lvl4 , but items don't show up to buy , Do i need to unlock something further to show up?

It's the nopon one , I'm in chapter 7
They all show up in the shop. They add weapons, light, heavy, and skell gear up to level 3 and at level 4 and 5 they upgrade all of their gear already in the shop to include extra passives.

I went with Reclaimers as my division because it says it increases drop rates. If you invest in the Manon shop up to Level 5 they upgrade their gear to include Treasure Hunter III, which increases drop rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom