• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
My favorite moment of the game was trying to cheer Lin up by acting like an idiot and jumping around, then she says she doesn't feel like laughing, and he falls on his knees defeated hahaha.

Even better in full Kamen Rider heavy armor.

okita

They all show up in the shop. They add weapons, light, heavy, and skell gear up to level 3 and at level 4 and 5 they upgrade all of their gear already in the shop to include extra passives.

I went with Reclaimers as my division because it says it increases drop rates. If you invest in the Manon shop up to Level 5 they upgrade their gear to include Treasure Hunter III, which increases drop rates.

Thanks, didn't look for skell gear

arimanius

So I had my eye on this right before it launched. Didn't have internet access for a week and just got back. This game turn out to be what everyone wanted? I've never played a xenoblade game and looking to jump in with this one.

I'm really not a fan of all companions not gaining XP unless they're in the party with you. I'm trying to bring Gwin and Irina with me for exploring Noctilim but fighting with them is a little difficult since they're several levels below me.

Sora_N

Help with Divisions guys? I like Prospector but I kinda want to be a support/winner so should I just pick Interceptor for the ranged master?

Quite honestly, not worth it. Too much grinding in general for not enough content thats interesting for me. I rather just enjoy the world and use the extra time to play something else :).

you tend to accumulate reward tickets just by being online, and you can trade them in to get pretty much any enemy drop

TheMoon

So I had my eye on this right before it launched. Didn't have internet access for a week and just got back. This game turn out to be what everyone wanted? I've never played a xenoblade game and looking to jump in with this one.

Well there has only been one until now... :)

desu

you tend to accumulate reward tickets just by being online, and you can trade them in to get pretty much any enemy drop

Uhm I know? I've finished the game a couple of days ago and have been messing around with what you can do in endgame, it's just not enticing for me. Also there are other grinds for Affinity etc that aren't all that awesome either.

Teknoman

I hope the world nemesis material / item drops are more worthwhile than just stuff for glamor/vanity equip. Thats one thing that annoys me about some modern rpgs (even FFXIV falls prey to this). Really tough bosses that dont give anything worthwile gameplay wise.

I still enjoy the challenge of course, but it would be nice.

NeonZ

Wow these drop rates are abysmal. Went from rank 7 to 10 and I still couldn't get an oc-serv to drop an elemental cluster AND I NEED TWO. I'll do it later I guess.

You can get any monster drop material with the reward tickets that can be exchanged in the Blade console.

Edit: Posted too late.

EhoaVash

wtf so i got in my skell, started fighting a level 14 monster, I get into overdrive, and i randomly went to cockpit view ( first time for me ) was super cool until i clicked on a art, my mech jumped up really high ( while in cockpit view ) and i randomly targeted one of those flying level 55 telethia like wtf. it destroyed my skell :(

Azuran

Banned
Wow these drop rates are abysmal. Went from rank 7 to 10 and I still couldn't get an oc-serv to drop an elemental cluster AND I NEED TWO. I'll do it later I guess.

Years of Final Fantasy XI made me immune to abysmal drop rates. I'm happy with getting a rare drop in only 1 hour.

I'm sure this is explained somewhere, but is there a good guide to Skell weights? I assume one isn't objectively better than the other, but the light ones seem flimsy compared to medium or heavy, and they're much cheaper.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
Yeah great, switch to a class I don't like and have nothing unlocked on. Blargh.
Also the rest of the missions are pretty bullshit, I have no probes to reach 15k income, I'm at 7k and that is gonna just take forever. Gonna have to search everywhere for things to dismantle and hope I actually get probes.

I'm thinking about giving up on this game for now, the grind is too much to be enjoyable

Just equip the weapon on a party member that can use it and play as them to use it.

Chaos17

I don't know why you guys have some much trouble with the companions.
Personaly, I change frequenly my party members outside of the story while doing quests.
They're all at the moment lvl 20 with at least 1 or 2 affinity hearts except for Elma and Lin, ofc.

I only do the Blade gathering quests when I've the items on me, then go hunt the ones on monsters (thanks Caww database) or buy them with tickets.

There're some workaround the flaws of the game, so it's okay with me.
I can progress smoothly without scratching my head.

Anyway, I juust finished chapter 5 (after 45 hours, lol), I liked it, the twist was nice.
I would recommand to do it at lvl 20+ at least because it can ecome pretty mobish sometimes.

So new chapter fnished mean new outfits for my characters, I like to change regulary my look <3

tumblr_nz7s43U88O1s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

My main team (in the pic) is level 24+.
Personally, I don't found that game need to grind at all.
Most of my time I spend exploring, while killing monsters and doing npcs quests and I'm already over level up for the story, lol.

Does anyone know how stacking the same buff/debuff works?

For example, what does chaining topple V and topple IV do?

Can you activate critical power twice?

RagnarokX

Thanks, didn't look for skell gear

By skell gear I mean skell wear; ground gear made to boost party members who are fighting alongside a skell. All AM ground gear shows up in the shop terminal upon development, and that gear gets upgraded when the AM reaches lv 4 and 5.

Voliko

wtf so i got in my skell, started fighting a level 14 monster, I get into overdrive, and i randomly went to cockpit view ( first time for me ) was super cool until i clicked on a art, my mech jumped up really high ( while in cockpit view ) and i randomly targeted one of those flying level 55 telethia like wtf. it destroyed my skell :(
Sorry but that's hilarious.

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I managed to find a nice balance in juggling parties of three non-essential party members and ones with Lin, Elma with the fourth slot used by the secondary ones like Lao or Doug.

Edit: and when you get a Skell it's pretty easy to grind people up a few levels quickly.

desu

I'm sure this is explained somewhere, but is there a good guide to Skell weights? I assume one isn't objectively better than the other, but the light ones seem flimsy compared to medium or heavy, and they're much cheaper.

Maybe something like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/Xenoblade_Chronicles/comments/3vx5du/simple_skell_unlock_and_choice_guide/ ?

Overall I would also recommend looking at what kind of gear they come with. The Amdusia comes with Thermal Damage upgrades on ALL armor parts, coupled with a Phoenix weapon thats an amazing AOE killer for a lot of stuff (especially mechanoids) right out of the gate without having to adjust anything with arguments yourself.

tizaffy

Neo Member

I lold. soz man :(

Not_Mario

Neo Member
I did notice when I fought the boss in chapter 8 it seems you can maybe cheese your way into not taking damage? I don't know for sure but I think you have a brief period of invincibility when you get in and out of your Skell. Is this true or am I just seeing things?

Dineren

Banned
Does the skell auto refill it's fuel when you leave it?

Yes it does.

Years of Final Fantasy XI made me immune to abysmal drop rates. I'm happy with getting a rare drop in only 1 hour.

This is pretty much me except from Everquest. Spending a couple hours looking for a rare drop is nothing compared to the time I spent camping some stuff in EQ. It has made me pretty much immune to most single player grinding.

sora87

Just equip the weapon on a party member that can use it and play as them to use it.

None of them are high enough level. Anyway, the 15k revenue is too much for me considering I have no mining or research probes so I'm stuck and dunno if I can be bothered.

okita

By skell gear I mean skell wear; ground gear made to boost party members who are fighting alongside a skell. All AM ground gear shows up in the shop terminal upon development, and that gear gets upgraded when the AM reaches lv 4 and 5.

If the AM from
Nopon
have armors in general , they don't show up on the shop , could be a bug , I will advance in the story to see if something changes ....

EXP Boost gear is great for having others catch up to your level. =D

I went with Reclaimers as my division because it says it increases drop rates. If you invest in the Manon shop up to Level 5 they upgrade their gear to include Treasure Hunter III, which increases drop rates.

That's exactly why I went with Reclaimers. I even have some gear with Treasure Boost V that came from drops.

Does anyone know where to find Grinding Squirrels? I checked as many caves as I can remember and got everything else BUT the squirrels. Is there a condition that has to be met?

I don't know why you guys have some much trouble with the companions.
Personaly, I change frequenly my party members outside of the story while doing quests.
They're all at the moment lvl 20 with at least 1 or 2 affinity hearts except for Elma and Lin, ofc.

I only do the Blade gathering quests when I've the items on me, then go hunt the ones on monsters (thanks Caww database) or buy them with tickets.

There're some workaround the flaws of the game, so it's okay with me.
I can progress smoothly without scratching my head.

Anyway, I juust finished chapter 5 (after 45 hours, lol), I liked it, the twist was nice.
I would recommand to do it at lvl 20+ at least because it can ecome pretty mobish sometimes.

So new chapter fnished mean new outfits for my characters, I like to change regulary my look <3

tumblr_nz7s43U88O1s55i8ao1_1280.jpg

My main team (in the pic) is level 24+.
Personally, I don't found that game need to grind at all.
Most of my time I spend exploring, while killing monsters and doing npcs quests and I'm already over level up for the story, lol.

What is this database you speak of?

So I'm doing the after Chapter 5 affinity mission
_____BFFs____
and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to
Dorian Caravan
without running into some kind of geographical barrier every path I try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom