• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vena

So I'm doing the after Chapter 5 affinity mission
_____BFFs____
and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get to
Dorian Caravan
without running into some kind of geographical barrier every path I try.

Have you tried asking the big statue in the middle of the lake in Noctilum? I hear it has sage advise on people who mistakenly pick the wrong path.

Diablos54

Time to start the Skell missions!

3SbTWVu.jpg

8gsCzTu.jpg

Mk7o6bU.jpg

KFrhSgK.jpg

MlMoxoB.jpg

NXPNULJ.jpg

Kinsei

Banned
None of them are high enough level. Anyway, the 15k revenue is too much for me considering I have no mining or research probes so I'm stuck and dunno if I can be bothered.

Are you trying to just do the required quests and that's all? If so it's pretty clear that this game isn't for you.

A few things I can't figure out...

1) Where can I buy weapons? I've been investing in the AMs and they're leveling up.

2) I still can't find where to claim the Division or Scout rewards or whatever the icons in the upper right corner of the gamepad are.

Umm...I think that's it. Still loving the game!

beanman25

Rank 8 samurai gunner right now.

Defensive Stance - Assault Breaker - Rising Blade - Offensive Stance - Burst Grenade - Assault Hammer - Flame Grenade - Power Dive

IS that an awful set up? I'm new to this, so I kind of just threw stuff together. I will say it doesn't seem great in that I end up having to wait for things to buffer all at once.

repost for new page. IS this an awful set up?

Kinsei

Banned
A few things I can't figure out...

1) Where can I buy weapons? I've been investing in the AMs and they're leveling up.

2) I still can't find where to claim the Division or Scout rewards or whatever the icons in the upper right corner of the gamepad are.

Umm...I think that's it. Still loving the game!

1) The terminal to the left of the AM terminal. Sakuraba medium, Grenada Heavy, etc aren;t the armor names, those are just telling you that the [armor class] that [AM] makes is now available.

2) Scout rewards are from the terminal to the right of the mission terminal and division rewards are from the big terminal in the barracks.

jgwhiteus

Why are the prospectors blowing every other division out of the water on the leader boards?

Prospector is by far the easiest early game division choice, because you get points from doing things the game requires you to do anyway - plant probes and find landmarks.

It might make sense to shift to another division after you have more experience and most probes have been planted though.

1) The terminal to the right of the AM terminal. Sakuraba medium, Grenada Heavy, etc aren;t the armor names, those are just telling you that the [armor class] that [AM] makes is now available.

2) Scout rewards are from the terminal to the right of the mission terminal and division rewards are from the big terminal in the barracks.

Perfect thanks! Guess I could have just looked around a bit more...

RagnarokX

HELP! Trying to get a FLIGHT PACK where do I go can't find the place to go

where do I get this?

The kitty or the bikini? :p

You unlock pets by completing an affinity mission with Gwin in the commercial district called Nine Lives. After that, basic missions that have pets as rewards will start showing up at the basic mission terminal. The missions are very easy. They tell you a pet is lost in a specific area and you just have to run up to the pet and hit A. Mission compelete. I have an abyssinian, a silver tabby, and a labrador so far. You choose which pet shows up in the barracks via the barrack customization terminal. They move to various spots throughout the day. My favorite is that one. Kitty plays around with the mission control table.

I have issue with some of the sound in the cutscenes it is like someone is playing loud music while they talk I can hardly hear the english words because the song also has spoken words smh

missed some lines here and there can't rewind them to get the story

ivysaur12

Banned
Only 2 more hours until I'll be home and can Xenoblade.

Also, fwiw, this morning at 12am Volkampf had 117k defeats in NA. Not a bad first week opening.

I have issue with some of the sound in the cutscenes it is like someone is playing loud music while they talk I can hardly hear the english words because the song also has spoken words smh

missed some lines here and there can't rewind them to get the story
It's an issue of the game itself.

By the way I just unlocked my Skell! And now I'll just have to think what am I supposed to do with it considering that it's weaker than my character...

creid

Does your skell keep refueling while you have the game turned off? Or does turning the game off always refuel your skell? I keep turning the game off at about 80% fuel, and when I come back I'm back at 100%.

Looking for some advice here. I'm almost done with Witcher 3 and thinking of playing XCX next. But even though I loved it and put 70+ hours in, I never finished the original Xenoblade Chronicles. I got to the second area of the game with timed/missable quests and got burnt out.

So should I go back and finish up XC first? Does it even matter for me to enjoy XCX??

I swear that I haven't gotten a single research probe since the first couple. I'm always getting mining probes. I need money more than i need miranium noiw. I'm down to 550K god dammit.

I just wanna have at least a million again. The 7 digit club. If not life is not worth living as I have to keep the cheap skells. You know the ones.

k5RYAgh.gif

Skells whose doors open like this. Not like this. Or like this.

Looking for some advice here. I'm almost done with Witcher 3 and thinking of playing XCX next. But even though I loved it and put 70+ hours in, I never finished the original Xenoblade Chronicles. I got to the second area of the game with timed/missable quests and got burnt out.

So should I go back and finish up XC first? Does it even matter for me to enjoy XCX??

XBC and XBCX are completely separate games, related in name only. It's sorta like Final Fantasy, where there are some elements that reappear game-to-game, but not in any connective way (i.e. Chocobos in FF or Nopons in XB.)

So you can finish XBC or begin XBCX--the decision is up to you.
Quick question; anyone here know if you can change your voice after creating your avatar?

Yes. You can completely change your avatar at a certain point; not sure exactly when. It's unlocked via sidequest, IIRC.

105.Will

The games aren't connected at all as far as iv'e seen, and are honestly pretty different games in terms of how they tell their story. So its really up to you.

Well dammit.

I was going to wait on this game for a sale or something...I had the opportunity of getting the special edition online and let it slip by, I don't NEED dang art books, I have too many already...

I went to Best Buy to buy a Splatoon hat for my sister, and they had a special edition in stock in a security box, last one left. And seeing it in person, I just had to get it...

MFDyS4o.gif

So on that note, remind me, is there anything missable in this game like the last one or can I just go for it without worrying about a guide?

Voliko

Does the artbook have any Tanaka character art in 2D? I'm pretty sure they didn't release any media like that and it makes me sad.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Played a bit more today. The stories that you can find in the city (via the normal missions) are incredible diverse, I like how every NPC has his or hers own story, You even have crimes and robbery and sadness or silliness.

Today I started the chapter 6, but stopped meanwhile for some FAST racing action.

Some screenshots:

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01h5rrl.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_0158oed.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01onqhf.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01a3p79.jpg

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01l8rs2.jpg

Is there a guide for the frontier nav probe points yet? Having an annoying time finding a few of them, assuming I need a skell or search more to reach a few potentially above me.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
is there a way of unlocking fast travel into the city?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Oh! I didn't realise there was a zoomed in view. Thanks.

MrPanic

Playing chapter 9 right now.
Ga Jiarg is kicking my ass badly. No problem killing everyone around him, but then he goes into some sort of spike damage mode with no clear indication of how to get around it. Bleh.

Delio

This Lin Affinity quest is killing me. Waiting on my mining to give me the item I need lord. Thankfully I took the time to do some other quests and explore so all good. Also leveling up Gwin since he and the chick he likes are painfully underleveled now.

zroid

Banned
I spent so long wandering around Oblivia during Phog's recruitment mission that now he's a higher level than all my other 4ths lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom