• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Sweeeet. Thanks.
It's after chapter 5 and the basic mission that starts the chain is called house of cards iirc.

Do the Skell vehicle controls seem really touchy and kinda bad to anyone else? These fucking motorcycle things are a nightmare to steer.
They definitely take some getting used to, but with the instant switching during jumps and complete air control, I've gotten used to them quickly. Definitely not ideal, but with the way the terrain is designed (no set paths, tons of elevation, verticality, obstacles etc), it's probably as good as it gets.

Burgers

Neo Member
Is there any downside to accepting all simple quests when you get to a job board and just doing them as you happen upon them?

Saven

Banned
Guess what finally came in the mail today? :D

I can now FINALLY play Xenoblade Chronicles X! But now, I am just downloading the data packs, which is going to take a couple hours. Guess I will go ahead and put on a Christmas movie to wait until then. Gonna watch Die Hard.

Does the artbook have any Tanaka character art in 2D? I'm pretty sure they didn't release any media like that and it makes me sad.

Like this?

vjaCYMn.jpg

Is there any downside to accepting all simple quests when you get to a job board and just doing them as you happen upon them?

If you press R1 I think you can view how much materials you have for gathering quests already. Just pick out ones that you already finished. Then when you exit the board, it'll show mission complete

As for bounties just do the ones for areas you'll be in anyway

Teknoman

About the font or the squads

Oh sorry, the font. Someone recommended to make a miiverse post about the font/icon size early on to get their attention. Made one myself, so maybe the more people, the more light will be shed onto it?

Even though it shouldnt have been an issue in the first place.

I think I ran into a game ending glitch. I'm supposed to meet Lao to start the Chapter 4 story mission. When I meet him, I can have him join my party or decline. No other options. If I decline, nothing happens. If he joins, the quest doesn't update. The marker stays where he was and no further instructions pop up in the journal. It still says "meet Lao at the place." I even wandered around Nocturis and fast traveled to see if it would trigger something.

Is there something I'm missing here?
IIRC, the chapter 4 mission starts when you go to northwest primordia (near noctwhatever) without Lao in your party. He'll be chilling out with his fellow adventurebros, you'll see a cutscene, and he'll ask to join your group.

The next objective is to head into Noctiliuiuiuium and track down the piece of the mcguffin (er, lifehold), so I guess if you saw the scene with lao, you could try to do that and see if it gets you back on track. Probably not fun to do without the arrow showing the way, but we can hit you up with some coordinates in the interest of science.

zroid

Banned
Was small font size an issue in the Japanese version too?

It seems so odd a thing, maybe it was a consequence of the game being designed around Japanese text and in English it had to be smaller to fit in the available space.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Met my first proper wall today. Vicious something something level 19 in an affinity mission. Had one underleveled guy with me, but I don't know didn't really seem to matter much. Changed some arts and skills around for more defensive for the third attempt and was doing well until it enraged at 30% health and pretty much wiped the floor with me in a couple seconds.

Lowered the difficulty for it and it still managed to kill off Lin. Passed it, but eh guess I'll do a gear check when I wake up tomorrow.

Haunted

You can only have 20 basic (blue) missions active at the same time (there's no limit for normal (green) missions).

I think the best way to do it is to accept the social, bounty and Tyrant missions in areas you planned to go to anyway, because these are actually marked on the map.

I only accept gathering missions when I already have the stuff in my inventory (for an instant clear as soon as I back out of the board).

Zomba13

Got my flying module, got 4 Skells themed after Final Fantasy summons, got probes nearly everywhere, getting too much miranium. I could start Chapter 10 OR I could do these eleventy billion sidequests in my little big robot army.

Teknoman

Was small font size an issue in the Japanese version too?

It seems so odd a thing, maybe it was a consequence of the game being designed around Japanese text and in English it had to be smaller to fit in the available space.

Thats a good question. Anyone with the Japanese version or have a direct screenshot to compare?

Spent last know on several Tyrant missions and maxed out my Galactic Knight class so I can use my lightsab-- I mean photon saber with any other class.

And I just learned that any Arts with the letters "TP" slapped on uses your meter while the ones that don't... don't. So I fixed my Arts selection so it won't use my TP. EDIT: As much.

Haunted

Got my flying module, got 4 Skells themed after Final Fantasy summons, got probes nearly everywhere, getting too much miranium. I could start Chapter 10 OR I could do these eleventy billion sidequests in my little big robot army.
Super easy and dangerous to get burned out on shitty MMO fetch quests, just do what's most fun to you.

Yes. Sorry for crap phone camera pic...

khdMdw5.jpg
Oh my god the faces in the concept art look completely acceptable. Wonder if something just went horribly wrong in the transition to 3D models or if they actually had the balls and went for a creepy real doll look on purpose to hint at and reinforce the whole mims thing.

Teknoman

Spent last know on several Tyrant missions and maxed out my Galactic Knight class so I can use my lightsab-- I mean photon saber with any other class.

And I just learned that any Arts with the letters "TP" slapped on uses your meter while the ones that don't... don't. So I fixed my Arts selection so it won't use my TP.

Dont auras always use TP? Or do you not use soul voices with aura attached?

Kinsei

Banned

And I just learned that any Arts with the letters "TP" slapped on uses your meter while the ones that don't... don't. So I fixed my Arts selection so it won't use my TP.

Why would you do that? Fights must go so slowly with no TP arts unless you're overleveled.

Dont auras always use TP? Or do you not use soul voices with aura attached?
Why would you do that? Fights must go so slowly with no TP arts unless you're overleveled.

I guess I should correct myself by saying only a couple of my Art have TP, but I try to save enough for when I need to activate Orverdrive in emergencies.
I haven't looked into how to gain more in battle except for Art bonus and TP gain from my gear.

Shun

Control is some real deal life saver even against strong tyrants. Glad to be a Mastermind.

Yup Control and the small chance that the enemy self destructs and kills themselves is great. Debuff support units are essential.

Healer/Buff, Debuff, Two Heavy Hitters is what I think is an essential party line up. Two overdrive heavy characters will do tons of damage.

Diablos54

I can only hope I get mine by the 50 hour mark...
not likely :(
Well I really wasn't rushing at all, if anything I was doing the opposite! Easily got in half the time if you rush through to chapter 6. Thankfully I had already done 4 out of the 8 license tests so it only took about half an hour to finish the others off.

Sadist

i'm ready
Welcome Dawg.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Mira!

Anyway; hey they're actually expanding in the game! A water purification site, cool beans. Completed chapter 7 today and man my Skell was kicking ass. Luckily it only broke down twice now. If I'm correct, insurrance will replace your skell as long as you eject at the right time? Hmm.

Btw if we ever get to OT2 the title should be "Oh no, my Skell!"

Teknoman

I just hope im not moving too slow to miss out on online quests...but I guess there will be a constant stream of people. Its got a lvl sync option right? Sync to the lowest level?

beanman25

So, my issue with not doing damage has been fixed. realized randomly using all kinds of arts wasn't good. Now I'm taking guys down pretty fast

random25

Yup Control and the small chance that the enemy self destructs and kills themselves is great. Debuff support units are essential.

Healer/Buff, Debuff, Two Heavy Hitters is what I think is an essential party line up. Two overdrive heavy characters will do tons of damage.

Yeah. With knife arts I usually have the healing and a barrier buff. Mix in with auras and beam attacks I've become the perfect support while I let my teammates go wild. I'll go jaguar next when Elma is not around.

Finally got the game from GameStop nearly a week late. I just got the affinity quest done where you help Lao's team out in Oblivia. That monster kicked my booty and I'm not sure if I was fighting it right. Like my attacks weren't doing much damage even though I was a few levels above him.

Im about to take on CH 6 mission, should I be leveling up some? I did Boze's affinity mission and the cave was filled will lv 40 monsters and I thought I had skipped over something or didnt level enough.

After that I cna get the missions for my skell ya?

One thing that stands out to me is the missing chain attacks where time slowed down and also not being able to dodge stuff. In XC, if you were far enough away stuff missed but here a Prone was attacking me and swung his gun and hit me even though I was behind him. Earlier on there was a part where you engaged the enemy in their camp and there's little barriers I thought you could hide behind but the attack just clipped through it. Would've been a nice little addition in a sort of Galdot battle sort of way where you cna be strategic about your battle.

Kinsei

Banned
Finally got the game from GameStop nearly a week late. I just got the affinity quest done where you help Lao's team out in Oblivia. That monster kicked my booty and I'm not sure if I was fighting it right. Like my attacks weren't doing much damage even though I was a few levels above him.

Im about to take on CH 6 mission, should I be leveling up some? I did Boze's affinity mission and the cave was filled will lv 40 monsters and I thought I had skipped over something or didnt level enough.

After that I cna get the missions for my skell ya?

You didn't miss anything. The monsters you had to fight in Boze's affinity mission were all in the teens so the recommended level is in the teens.

Yep, you're almost to your skell.

Super easy and dangerous to get burned out on shitty MMO fetch quests, just do what's most fun to you.

Oh my god the faces in the concept art look completely acceptable. Wonder if something just went horribly wrong in the transition to 3D models or if they actually had the balls and went for a creepy real doll look on purpose to hint at and reinforce the whole mims thing.
Huh, are those concepts actually by Kunihiko Tanaka? I mean you can look far back as Xenogears or even Xenosaga, and it's still the same eyes and facial features. IE See Elly:

Would it be unwise to buy three more lvl 30 Skells for my party if I already have the money? Or should I hold off and wait for higher level Skells and keep saving up?

Mudo

Question: I'm a sniper rifle whatever that class is. who I a debuffer and who is a healer/debuffer? i want to try this combo as I'm starting to have trouble with same level fights (chapter 6)

Jeeves

Hey I have the physical version and the Basic data pack installed. I was thinking of installing the other data packs to a flash drive. Would that work, or do they have to be directly on the console to be effective?

Dineren

Banned
Thats a good question. Anyone with the Japanese version or have a direct screenshot to compare?

I'm really curious about both this and the audio levels. It seems pretty crazy that if they were like that in the Japanese version they wouldn't have changed when bringing it over.

I can't say the text size really bothers me at all, but it sounds like I'm the minority. Hopefully they make patching it a priority.

Would it be unwise to buy three more lvl 30 Skells for my party if I already have the money? Or should I hold off and wait for higher level Skells and keep saving up?

The next skells are at level 50 I think, so if you've got the money I'd say you might as well go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom