• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get a bonus for wearing skell ground fear while in a Skell?

Where's my Skell? I just got it and I lost it. There's no icon on the map and it's not right outside the barracks where I left it.

Shun

Question: I'm a sniper rifle whatever that class is. who I a debuffer and who is a healer/debuffer? i want to try this combo as I'm starting to have trouble with same level fights (chapter 6)

You're ranged attacker. You'll doing almost all your damage supporting through a sniper rifle with TP Arts like Afterburner and only really using your javelin for buffs and TP gain. Equipment that raises your TP and helps TP gain is essential.

It doesn't really matter later in the game when you can equip a knife onto your sniper rifle for a healing sniper build.

The thing is that the sniper class takes a while until it gets decent damage. It really starts off slow.

Healers are characters like Irina, Celica, Hope, etc. They are knife skills under the psycorruptor class. These characters have much lower HP due to their healing arts.

Which fight is chapter 6? I can try helping you understand art combos and set ups.

Haunted

Would it be unwise to buy three more lvl 30 Skells for my party if I already have the money? Or should I hold off and wait for higher level Skells and keep saving up?
They're a significant upgrade and the trek from lvl 30 to lvl 50 is a long one.

I say go for it!

Yes I did. Let me double check.

Edit: that was it. I guess I didn't do it right.

So is there a bonus for wearing Skell gear while operating a skell?
I've seen someone say there are stat bonuses for your Skell associated with it.

Where do I find Ground Gear Skell outfits anyway/how do I know whether ground gear is a skell outfit or not? I haven't really looked, but I don't think I've seen anything specially marked in the shop yet.

Do you get a bonus for wearing skell ground fear while in a Skell?

Where's my Skell? I just got it and I lost it. There's no icon on the map and it's not right outside the barracks where I left it.

You have to register it in the barracks.

Where do I find Ground Gear Skell outfits anyway/how do I know whether ground gear is a skell outfit or not? I haven't really looked, but I don't think I've seen anything specially marked in the shop yet.

You have to invest in one of the AM in Armory Alley, I believe it's the second one.

I'm also curious as to the benefit of Skell outfits, they seem to be outclassed by middle and heavy armor of the same level.

Edit: The AM is Grenada Galactic.

Haunted

You have to invest in one of the AM in Armory Alley, I believe it's the second one.

I'm also curious as to the benefit of Skell outfits, they seem to be outclassed by middle and heavy armor of the same level.
I think I've got my second manufacturer up to level 4... are they just called Skell outfits or do they have a special icon or something? I don't have the game open right now or I'd just check. :D

If they're giving stat bonuses to the Skells themselves, it would make sense to have them be weaker than comparable Ground Gear as a trade-off.

anaron

Yes. Sorry for crap phone camera pic...

khdMdw5.jpg
oh awesome! are those still Tanaka's pieces or another artist's concept?

I think I've got my second manufacturer up to level 4... are they just called Skell outfits or do they have a special icon or something? I don't have the game open right now or I'd just check. :D

If they're giving stat bonuses to the Skells themselves, it would make sense to have them be weaker than comparable Ground Gear as a trade-off.

Yes they just say Skell Wear, it's at the very top above its defense value. I just checked.

Now that I have the game on might as well try to defeated the stupid Wroth Prince.

Mudo

You're ranged attacker. You'll doing almost all your damage supporting through a sniper rifle with TP Arts like Afterburner and only really using your javelin for buffs and TP gain. Equipment that raises your TP and helps TP gain is essential.

It doesn't really matter later in the game when you can equip a knife onto your sniper rifle for a healing sniper build.

The thing is that the sniper class takes a while until it gets decent damage. It really starts off slow.

Healers are characters like Irina, Celica, Hope, etc. They are knife skills under the psycorruptor class. These characters have much lower HP due to their healing arts.

Which fight is chapter 6? I can try helping you understand art combos and set ups.

thanks for the infos! I'm up to chapter 6 but I tried fighting a same level 23 cinicula and died I was SHOCKED!! who is a debuffer? I'll add Irina for healing but I bet I am not using a debuffer whoever that may be lol

Ozium

who the hell is Hope?

for that matter I am like 80 hours in and on Chapter 10 and just now ran into some guy I never heard of at the diner in the industrial district..

and who is the murderess as well? how do you get these characters?

I ended up doing an affinity mission that was like level 12 called bottoms up and it gave me this guy, but there was never a marker there and I had been all around town listening to gossip, and had done a ton of the early game normal/affinity missions.. wtf??

Golnei

It's a shame you cant use gestures when playing as the other characters.

I'm not sure, but I think they might use them automatically - I think I've seen Lao do them without input while being player-controlled, but I could be mistaking it for something else.

who the hell is Hope?

for that matter I am like 80 hours in and on Chapter 10 and just now ran into some guy I never heard of at the diner in the industrial district..

I ended up doing an affinity mission that was like level 12 called bottoms up and it gave me this guy, but there was never a marker there and I had been all around town listening to gossip, and had done a ton of the early game normal/affinity missions.. wtf??
Yeah, the map is really useful but there are plenty of affinity missions it just doesn't show. Take some time to explore and grab any affinity missions you are able to. They lead to mostly good things. We're actually at about the same level but I've had Hope and Murderess for a long time. I just grab every affinity I can and try and run around the city in skells all the time.

Have you tried asking the big statue in the middle of the lake in Noctilum? I hear it has sage advise on people who mistakenly pick the wrong path.

I figured this would be
that mecha that's a level 60 enemy which I already knew about
but I went and checked anyway and didn't find anything else at either lake near the center of Noctilim.

I'm probably gonna try the Follow Ball actually, I completely forgot that was a thing.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a path that leads me to new parts of Oblivia.

Mat-triX

Does anyone know of a good, in depth tutorial for all the games mechanics? I only put in 10 hours and there's so much more to learn.

For the affinity mission A New Rival? that takes place on Noctilum does it matter which 2 party members I take?

I was hoping to take Doug and Gwin but I'm wondering if Elma or Lin are the only ones with voiced lines.

Or does anybody I take with me remain silent?

No spoilers please. Thanks.

random25

For the affinity mission A New Rival? that takes place on Noctilum does it matter which 2 party members I take?

I was hoping to take Doug and Gwin but I'm wondering if Elma or Lin are the only ones with voiced lines.

Or does anybody I take with me remain silent?
L
No spoilers please. Thanks.

Only the rival character has voice. And you can take any party member here.

Parfait

Is anyone doing the global nemesis at all? I keep making a party for it but like every time one person joined. I need some stem cells!

RagnarokX

who the hell is Hope?

Hope is a woman standing in front of the cathedral giving advice. You can do her first affinity mission and recruit her any time after Chapter 3 and reaching level 21. To start the quest you have to accept a basic mission called Marry Me at the basic mission terminal.

YKirz0Eh.jpg

deoee

Hey pals,

maybe someone can give me a little insight.
I'm ~ 6-7 hours in and in Chapter 4 (?).
My current missions are some random collect stuff (how do I find out where to look ???) and some enemies in the new area northwest / east of Primordia.

Main missions are with H.B. and to retrieve some recoder halfway to the new area in northwest.
I have no idea how to proceed. There are enemies way above my lvl (I'm ~14) which I can not pass.

I tried placing more FrontierNet Nodes but I lack Mechanical skill (have 2) to get some of them in my areas.

Any tips what to do? This game and it's mechanics an possibilities (e.g. online stuff) is just overwhelming.

Kinsei

Banned
Where is Alma's first heart to heart? I had to take her out of my party to do an affinity mission and now I can't find her.

Teknoman

RTa86Cy.jpg

Action shot!

The normal Tyrant and standard battle themes sound like something you'd hear in an anime. I cant place what anime though...just the style sounds familiar.

After I get Mechanical Level 4 is it safe to upgrade something else?

And if so what should I upgrade to level 2? Botanical or archeological? I'm still before chapter 4.

Wow. Impressive. You mainlined it huh?
I've actually spent a bunch of time with side quests and affinity missions

And level 5 field skills are only available through special basic missions, not through blade level

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Where is Alma's first heart to heart? I had to take her out of my party to do an affinity mission and now I can't find her.

She's by the west gate exit during the afternoon. Not quite where it meets the outdoors, but a bit inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom