• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Are free reports only viewable in the spot they are posted? Say if you run across that area, they pop up? For instance, if I want to tell people a tyrant's weak spot and post it in their spawn area?

BY2K

Membero Americo
Chapter 5 Spoiler:
This mims thing seems way too much trouble for what it's worth. Still quite the bomb they throw on us there. Though I do find it funny how my team was able to take on 3 mechs at once AND WIN.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Wow Chapter 9 was stupid

I'm walking along in 4 badass mechs and all of a sudden cutscene goes into party on foot and getting ambushed...this game can be so stupid sometimes. And Elma just surrendering like it's nothing mmkay. Not like we're like 50 and can basically one shot them.

JulianImp

Maybe a dumb question but where do I collect division spoils?

In the barracks, in that room to the right of the console where you can customize the room colors and all that. Use the console, select the Division option at the end of the list, and the "Claim division reward" option should be in the sub-menu right after that one.

Evilkazz

Banned
Did I just get locked out of getting Phog?

I looked up how to get him and it says to select the basic mission "Backup Request". I spent at least half an hour looking for it (and checked the wiki) only to find out that I had already completed that mission. That's how I got Boze.

The way you get Phog is to have Backup Request accepted. But I cant accept a mission I'd already completed. but the affinity thing is still there. I'm past chapter 11.

Am I misunderstanding something or am I legit fucked? There are no other Backup Requests on the mission baord.
Eo0Xnm6.jpg

Skell ran out of fuel on the final, final battle. Not destroyed so I'm just waiting after being beat for my fuel to refill since I can't go back and fill it with miranium

ohlawd

where the fuck is Phog? I've been to his node at all possible times and he ain't there

fake edit: what at the top. ahh whatever I'm never using him anyway. I'll leave his quest node thing about his location unfulfilled

I looked up how to get him and it says to select the basic mission "Backup Request". I spent at least half an hour looking for it (and checked the wiki) only to find out that I had already completed that mission. That's how I got Boze.

The way you get Phog is to have Backup Request accepted. But I cant accept a mission I'd already completed. but the affinity thing is still there. I'm past chapter 11.

Am I misunderstanding something or am I legit fucked? There are no other Backup Requests on the mission baord.

They're two different quests. Just keep checking the mission board

vareon

There is a land bridge in between, it's not on the map though you can kind of see where it is looking at the world map there is an odd tip of Primordia that points to the bottom tip of Sylvalum.

I did that. Heck, I did it even before I had access to a skell, so it took quite a while to get there.

Whoever suggested implementing an auto-run toggle definitely deserves a raise, since it's perfect for these kind of situations where you leave your characters running while you go set some probes on the gamepad or whatever.

I made the journey through the islands and HOLY SHIT IT WAS AMAZING.

Avoiding enemies that are too strong, entering a cave only to find a dead end because I couldn't get past monsters, ended up scaling the mountains from its side instead and freefalling to the beach below. Continued the way, taking a trip round another island because some xeno shit guarded it. Until you finally see the looming silhouette of your destination in the distance, until you landed on its very soil.

I dunno but that alone is worth my $60.

denshuu

Sweet I've done all of the missions that are a requirement for Haywire, so once I reach the right chapter I can do it and then get Murderess' signature art in chapter 10.

What missions were those? I've completed Lakeside Getaway and Water Woes, but now Rosie doesn't have any more missions.

Vena

Just keep refreshing the board, his will come up eventually.

Evilkazz

Banned
They're two different quests. Just keep checking the mission board

How do you get the mission board to change? I've tried everything short of restarting the game. I've fasttraveld to it like 3 times, accepted and completed a mission and fast traveled back. Should I just restart?

I made the journey through the islands and HOLY SHIT IT WAS AMAZING.

Avoiding enemies that are too strong, entering a cave only to find a dead end because I couldn't get past monsters, ended up scaling the mountains from its side instead and freefalling to the beach below. Continued the way, taking a trip round another island because some xeno shit guarded it. Until you finally see the looming silhouette of your destination in the distance, until you landed on its very soil.

I dunno but that alone is worth my $60.

Precisely. And because there's no landmarks, you don't want to get KO'd at all. Heh.

How do you get the mission board to change? I've tried everything short of restarting the game. I've fasttraveld to it like 3 times, accepted and completed a mission and fast traveled back. Should I just restart?

I've been completing super easy missions. That definitely resets it.

Vecks

I don't think you're locked out. I did Boze first. And Phog much later. The quests do have the same name. Maybe you just gotta refresh the mission board or something.

Evilkazz

Banned
Holy shit it worked. On my last try before I was going to turn this ting off.

What a terrible idea. That literally only served to frustrate me.

i3QEWZb.jpg

MilkBeard

The maps have a totally different feel while running around in a skell. You can definitely tell that they were designed to be normal sized maps for the skell. It's pretty cool. It's also amazing seeing your little teammates standing near the skell while you are in it.

I had a moment of being overzealous, as when I got the skell I thought I was invincible. That is far from the truth. Thankfully, I just reloaded my save when my skell came crashing down, ha ha.

It opens up a new dimension to the maps.

burgerdog

Was able to pull away from the game long enough to finish the last act of syndicate and finish Jessica jones. It was tough as hell given how addictive this thing is. Back in it!

TheFatMan

So maybe this has been answered but searching seems to be failing me....

Is there a limit on how many missions i can take from the mission terminal? Or should I just be taking all of them?

El Odio

Banned
Using the skell to overpower enemies near my level (26) makes it super easy to grind for characters like Gwin and Irina who I've basically neglected till this point.

Mupod

for what it's worth I have Phog and I have never done that quest.

Nah, it's 8.

Also you can't buy probes, you just get them from quests and/or get them from field actions (archaeology, biology and mechanical objects you can salvage).

I see. That's a bummer.

And the guide was saying the max chain bonus is 50%--I just assumed that was the max link. My bad.

B_Bech

I seem to be stuck on the quest called "Research". Any idea how to beat it? I already have a 5 chain of mining probes. I guess that's not enough? I'm locked into an affinity quest so help would be appreciated.

Though me and I'm sure a good amount of people here already knew about/expected this. I think this post is in poor form. The game's only a week old and at least 50 hours long. I think we should wait longer before posting about the ending.

I mean, I'm not actually saying anything about what happens, so I thought it'd be ok

Placid duogills for the quest
A day in the Life
. Been killing them but no drop yet. Do I just have to keep going till I get one (i.e. low drop rate) or do I have to go elsewhere
Silent Mire swamp
?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom