• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Placid duogills for the quest
A day in the Life
. Been killing them but no drop yet. Do I just have to keep going till I get one (i.e. low drop rate) or do I have to go elsewhere
Silent Mire swamp
?

You can buy it in the barracks.

I mean, I'm not actually saying anything about what happens, so I thought it'd be ok
Saying it's
a clffhanger ending
is saying something about what happens.

Placid duogills for the quest
A day in the Life
. Been killing them but no drop yet. Do I just have to keep going till I get one (i.e. low drop rate) or do I have to go elsewhere
Silent Mire swamp
?
I think the drop rate is just really shit. I tried for about half an hour, but the small spawns and drop rate made me go another method.

You can buy the item for like 45 reward tickets at the network station in the barracks.

h0tp0ck3t

It's time. It's finally time.
vw2o6Oa.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

Evilkazz

Banned
I mean, I'm not actually saying anything about what happens, so I thought it'd be ok

That's fine I dont want to come off as too aggravated. Just I had assumed that was the last shot of the game and accompanied by a post
basically saying that the ending might not be satisfying
could potentially hurt someone who's still early on seeing that.

I'm sure in the coming days there will be a whole lot of discussion regarding how it's handled/speculation.

You can buy it in the barracks.

Saying it's
a clffhanger ending
is saying something about what happens.

People saying stuff happens in certain chapters is also that in the most technical sense, but nobody gets on their case for that. It still says nothing about exactly what or how it happens. It's incredibly vague and could mean a lot of different things IMO

vid

People saying stuff happens in certain chapters is also that in the most technical sense, but nobody gets on their case for that. It still says nothing about exactly what or how it happens. It's incredibly vague and could mean a lot of different things IMO

And yet, I think I'm going to stop lurking in this topic if we can post endgame screenshots unabated.

Jims

Still back in Chapter 5 and dealing with the turrets. I really love Oblivia so far... Possibly even more than Primordia and Noctilium on a first impression. They do a really great job of building the fortresses into the environment, getting the sense that they just stationed out on top of a bunch of ruins. The amount of tunnels and stuff that can be found is also really cool. It feels one part Albuquerque, one part Tatooine.

Ended up taking the narrow bridge approach for the second two turrets until reaching a major roadblock and deciding that maybe going the other way around would be easier. But then I got over there, was greeted by that giant metal tyrant. MonolithSoft thought of everything! I wonder how many people nope'd that small fort when they got there and went the other way.

Oh, and it started electro-raining in the middle of the battle with the tyrant. Just barely defeated him and ended up running into a nearby base for shelter.

Kyzon

I love how I can take a low level companion I don't use out to fight 1 or 2 enemies to instantly level them up to 20 to use my bitch skell XD

you do know some people hate to be spoiled for any part of the ending, no matter how vague it is right? i mean, do you see me or any other ppl here who finished the story straight away post stuff like yours?

you do know some people hate to be spoiled for any part of the ending, no matter how vague it is right? i mean, do you see me or any other ppl here who finished the story straight away post stuff like yours?

I guess, I just didn't think people would freak out over something that tells them pretty much nothing about what actually happens. I'll change my post I guess

Vena

I love how I can take a low level companion I don't use out to fight 1 or 2 enemies to instantly level them up to 20 to use my bitch skell XD

I retired that Skell. Its a special one that I keep parked forever in the hangar, not letting the NPCs break it!

What's the best way to earn tickets? The prices of the items at the barracks is not even funny lol

When your online and automatically part of a squad, you can see a row of icons on the lower right, indicating the number of enemies and/or items to collect within a time limit. These are Squad Tasks.

When the number on those icons hit 0, you'll earn an amount of tickets. The best part is, as you are part of that squad, you don't necessarily need to do those tasks. Of course, if you do kill an enemy as part of that icon, you'll earn a ticket per kill.

If you see a white "S" icon above an enemy, those are the enemies you need to kill.

Kyzon

I retired that Skell. Its a special one that I keep parked forever in the hangar, not letting the NPCs break it!

I wanted to, but I decided it would be my trainer one. (It's name is trainius) So anyone under 30 can go with me on one level 45 enemy encounter to level up to at least 20, then use that for the mission so they're not useless to me.

komorebi

When your online and automatically part of a squad, you can see a row of icons on the lower right, indicating the number of enemies and/or items to collect within a time limit. These are Squad Tasks.

When the number on those icons hit 0, you'll earn an amount of tickets. The best part is, as you are part of that squad, you don't necessarily need to do those tasks. Of course, if you do kill an enemy as part of that icon, you'll earn a ticket per kill.

If you see a white "S" icon above an enemy, those are the enemies you need to kill.

Also, a protip (since I discovered this by accident, as with most things so far): hold R and then press L to cycle through the squad tasks and it'll say what the monster or item type is.

Ventara

So I got my Skell license and the freebie Skell. Honestly, I don't get what's so great about them. They look really cool and can jump way higher, but the functionality of the car mode is pointless as you can just teleport, and it's unwieldy in tighter spaces. Also, it's a big downgrade in battle. I have more HP and more arts to use, and I don't have to worry about wrecking the Skell.

Can someone clue me in? How do I get more arts/make this Skell more useful?

Golnei

You can also get more information on the exact enemies specified by holding R+L (I think) to view squad tasks - it's still a better approach to just take them as they come, but it might be worth looking at the specific enemies if you need to find a certain tyrant or look for a particular enemy type that only has a few instances remaining.

Kyzon

Somebody just told an alien that he stuck out his finger and wanted to phone home, lol.

So I got my Skell license and the freebie Skell. Honestly, I don't get what's so great about them. They look really cool and can jump way higher, but the functionality of the car mode is pointless as you can just teleport, and it's unwieldy in tighter spaces. Also, it's a big downgrade in battle. I have more HP and more arts to use, and I don't have to worry about wrecking the Skell.

Can someone clue me in? How do I get more arts/make this Skell more useful?

go to the shop and buy weapons. Skell weapons are arts. to see what one does just highlight it and press L... or R.. I don't remember

NeonZ

Also, hold R and press L (or is it the other way around?) if you want to check what are the specific objectives. The Red ones are always Tyrants, so it might be useful for that.

Golnei

Somebody just told an alien that he stuck out his finger and wanted to phone home, lol.

That and the whole
Back to the Future reference subplot
were completely unexpected. As much as the main plot is a little underwhelming, I really like what they've done with the sidequests and world.

Ferrio

Banned
So I got to thinking. So earth has the ability for interstellar travel and colonizing other worlds and they never do it until they get attacked? That seems silly. Story better have explanations!

Omnicent

Man what is it with this game and hidden monsters.
Flowers? You gonna die.
Giant Rocks? You gonna die.
Giant Bug like Exoskeletons that look dead in a cave? That's no exoskeleton... you gonna die.
Ancient metalic structure in the lake? seems safe
you're welcome
Also Fuck Scirpo's. Fuck them alllllll! *Screams while running* It's like being in Starship Troopers

This is only in Noctilum. A this point I now have a some phobia where if it looks safe/unsuspecting its probably going to try and kill my team.

I like the feel since it gives a sense of exploration and tenseness when you are on a mount path in Noctilum and see like 9 giant flowers of a certain look sitting there. Part of me just wants to run through cause it can't be so obvious... right?

random25

So I got to thinking. So earth has the ability for interstellar travel and colonizing other worlds and they never do it until they get attacked? That seems silly. Story better have explanations!

Some story revelations would answer that somewhat. Guess better play longer.

Characters in this game have amazing patience. If I had been attacked by as many flowers as my MC has, I'd switch to whatever class has a flamethrower, find some napalm, and begin my personal affinity quest to burn Mira down

El Odio

Banned
For the No Ma-non need apply quest I'm supposed to be searching for someone to tell me about their experiences with ma-non near the sporting complex but can't find them there during the day or night. I found the other 2 needed to complete the quest/task but this one is driving me crazy.

I absolutely love those little guys though. Them and their whole pizza obsession.

Beats

Man, Chapter 9 boss was pretty damn hard. lol

Are Skells going to be necessary to use eventually in the story? I got the license but I've barely used it.

Bombless

Man what is it with this game and hidden monsters.
Flowers? You gonna die.
Giant Rocks? You gonna die.
Giant Bug like Exoskeletons that look dead in a cave? That's no exoskeleton... you gonna die.
Ancient metalic structure in the lake? seems safe
you're welcome
Also Fuck Scirpo's. Fuck them alllllll! *Screams while running* It's like being in Starship Troopers

This is only in Noctilum. A this point I now have a some phobia where if it looks safe/unsuspecting its probably going to try and kill my team.

I like the feel since it gives a sense of exploration and tenseness when you are on a mount path in Noctilum and see like 9 giant flowers of a certain look sitting there. Part of me just wants to run through cause it can't be so obvious... right?

Noctilum gets Admiral Ackbar's Platinum seal of "It's a Trap!". I laughed so much at this, every time I ran into something and ran away from it I'd run into other traps and so on and so forth.

Golnei

I love the ones that show fake scan indicators. It works so well because the loop of avoiding higher-level creatures to reach salvage is so ingrained by the time you encounter them, and IIRC they're the only enemy type to show up on the radar as something else, instead of being invisible - even after you die to one, you keep going back a few more times, because maybe this one isn't a decoy.

NeonZ

For the No Ma-non need apply quest I'm supposed to be searching for someone to tell me about their experiences with ma-non near the sporting complex but can't find them there during the day or night. I found the other 2 needed to complete the quest/task but this one is driving me crazy.

I absolutely love those little guys though. Them and their whole pizza obsession.

It's an npc mechanic standing next to the Skells, almost on the border of the yellow area, not really near the sport stuff. I also got him at night, so he might not be there at day time.

Just did the quest involving the Purification Plant checkup.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Fucking
Chrysallids
up in here.
As if I needed a JRPG hammering in the XCOM 2 delay on me :V

Vena

"Go kill 3 Cantors in Sylvalum."

What the hell is a Cantor?

*Go to spot where it shows it on map. See no enemies that are called Cantor.*

Okay... wtf?

*walk around looking for a cave or something... see a weird statue*

What is this?

*comes to life and attacks me...*

So that's a Cantor. Also fuck you Sylvalum.

"Go kill 3 Cantors in Sylvalum."

What the hell is a Cantor?

*Go to spot where it shows it on map. See no enemies that are called Cantor.*

Okay... wtf?

*walk around looking for a cave or something... see a weird statue*

What is this?

*comes to life and attacks me...*

So that's a Cantor. Also fuck you Sylvalum.
hahahaha yes

I saw one whose head kept following me and i was all "oh cool the living statue"

and BOOM insta-tyrant. I shat my pants.

Hot Fuzz was right. Living statues are evil.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
This last turret in chapter 4 is pissing me off, positioned in the worse possible place so as a winged viper class with sliding stinger makes it living hell if I fall off, which forces me to either try to jump my way back up the cliff or just try and do alot of chip damage+range attacks which i dont have as many as i thought I did and I always die when its close to being destroyed but then it doesnt cause my teammates also either fell off the cliff or I run out of time.

The few tiems i bother to kill the 2 enemies just to make sure they dont get in the way, which half the time they have somehow without triggering them, I have shitty luck with the quick button press which makes me lose alot of health and die to a otherwise easy enemy usually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom