• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there's only three different environments you can place the avatar in during creation. Thank goodness there's the option to alter your character later on in the game.
You also have the option to save up to 5 avatars to quickly load.

Do note you can't change your name* so anyone thinking of starting as a girl then wanting to play as a boy should be aware (or vice-versa, I assume gender changing is allowed).

*-In one of the screenshots in the manual there is a level capped player named "hi" :(

The game is freaking AWESOME

can't believe how they could squeeze so much of the wiiU hardware, the landscapes and monster designs are amazing

Combat feels right, feeling like i'm gonna spent a few months on this...

12339446_1190139514333860_5238521108988411740_o_zpszhes0rt8.jpg

12308032_1190138427667302_2425736365965003015_o_zpsv6qn3syx.jpg

Screen from the beginning but i've spent about 5 minutes just gazing through the place

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AGITΩ;187864389 said:
mine since noon yesterday. i hope it updates closer to 8am per usual

No changes yet.

I have today and tomorrow off but after that I have just little portions of free-time to spare for Xeno X so I'm pretty annoyed right now.

Laws00

I think i'm going to get the collectors editions...........

I don't know damn dman

still got time before the store opens

Tokieda

Actually, the tutorial is driving me insane.

Hear hear. The dialogue is stiff and it's impressive how bad the character animation and design actually is when compared to the creatures and the world they've built.

I'm two hours in and I've enjoyed every second out in the wild, but all the stuff in NLA and all the cutscenes so far have just been plain boring. Thankfully, it seems like the worst part is over and as I said, the actual gameplay is excellent. Can't wait to play more.

Played an hour of it last night. Only had a small glimpse of the world so far but it looks fantastic. I don't feel as immersed as I thought I might though. Maybe that will change when my 50" Samsung 4k tv is delivered later this month :)

Oh. Soundtrack is godly so far like I hoped!

Sylas

Hear hear. The dialogue is stiff and it's impressive how bad the character animation and design actually is when compared to the creatures and the world they've built.

I'm two hours in and I've enjoyed every second out in the wild, but all the stuff in NLA and all the cutscenes so far have just been plain boring. Thankfully, it seems like the worst part is over and as I said, the actual gameplay is excellent. Can't wait to play more.

I'm always really confused when people say the dialogue is stiff in an 8-4 localized game. It sounds, and reads, a lot more natural than a massive chunk of what comes out of games these days I always feel like.

Animation, though... Yeah. Yeeeeeeeah.

Kade

Is there a storage chest or a way to flag items that I want to keep for other classes but I'm afraid of accidentally selling? I'm also confused about whether to sell materials and collectibles, especially the latter once I've registered them to the Collectopedia. I'm assuming Materials could end up being quest items in the future but Collectibles are just vendor junk once they're registered?

Anyone have an answer to any of these?

wrowa

Nintendo Europe's love affair with that one piece of Xenoblade X art kinda annoys me. Normal cover, reversible cover, steelbook and poster all have the same artwork. Come on, the game has more cool art than just that one!

Well, at least the poster has two sides...

TheMoon

Any word on how missable sidequests are? Similar to Xenoblade or you can do them whenever?

There are none, if I remember correctly.

Hey, quick question! I just recieved my copy in the post (UK). I'm currently without Internet access, so I haven't been able to pre download the data packs. I'll be without access until mid next week likely.

These packs can be downloaded at a later time, right? It's not something that I need to do before I start playing?

Also, is there any kind of day one patches? Am I missing out on anything (except faster loading times) by playing offline for the time being?

Yes it doesn't matter when you download them. And yes, there is a day-1 update but you're not missing anything.

Nintendo Europe's love affair with that one piece of Xenoblade X art kinda annoys me. Normal cover, reversible cover, steelbook and poster all have the same artwork. Come on, the game has more cool art than just that one!

Well, at least the poster has two sides...

reversible cover???

Getting a little nervous about trying Gamestop's Pick Up At Store thing. I figured it worked like a pre-order and I would be able to pick it up this morning, but the status still shows Open, clicking on that says...

Open - This order has one or more items that remain unshipped.

I am hoping that it is just because they use the same statuses in their system as when you ship it normally, and it isn't actually still waiting to ship. Anyone used this service before? Am I boned?

Tokieda

I'm always really confused when people say the dialogue is stiff in an 8-4 localized game. It sounds, and reads, a lot more natural than a massive chunk of what comes out of games these days I always feel like.

Animation, though... Yeah. Yeeeeeeeah.

In my opinion, dialogue in games is usually quite cringeworthy - so I didn't mean to say that X was particularly bad or anything. But coupled with the animation and a tutorial that is just plain bad game design (cutscene, loading screen, walk for 10 seconds, cutscene, loading screen walk for 20 seconds etc) the overall impression of the first hour is not that good. Thankfully, running around and exploring feels incredible and since that's 95% of the game it's not that big a deal, it's just baffling how some parts of the game are so impressive and well-designed and others aren't.

Cob32

Can you party up monster hunter style?

If so, has anyone tried this part of the online component?

Yep looks like. I just tried a mission to kill a huge monster with somebody else but we wiped since it's a 4man.

Before the mission I was in his blade barracks and had to ready up at the door before the mission was launched by the host.

jorgejjvr

Yep looks like. I just tried a mission to kill a huge monster with somebody else but we wiped since it's a 4man.

Before the mission I was in his blade barracks and had to ready up at the door before the mission was launched by the host.
Awesome, thanks!!

Any video out there how to do this or how it works? Can it be with randoms or just people in friend list?

Sushigod7

UPS sucks so bad. This is the status they have right now:

"We've incorrectly sorted the package at our facility. This may cause at least one business day delay."

Now I don't get my CE until Tuesday....

Yeah holiday rush gotta love it. Looking like mine will be Mon or Tues too.

Raide

Awesome, thanks!!

Any video out there how to do this or how it works? Can it be with randoms or just people in friend list?

I think you have an option. You can be loosely linked to 31 other people but you can choose to group up for missions with people on your friends list. No free-roaming though, so its only set missions that are usually hunting focused.

WVW69ioPvO4IrbUW6r

I need help. I'm at the very beginning and I can't enter the city. The guy and the yellow arrow point me to the elevator but I can't seem to operate it !? Is it a bug or did I miss something? I feel so dumb...

Asking again, anyone who preordered the special edition from GameStop back in like July, did it ship yet? I've got no updates or anything on it and here it is launch day and me with no Xeno.

Cirdan

Neo Member
Game looks absolutely staggering. They've got some real wizards at Monolith. Combat is gonna get some time to get used to which is fine. Some of the music choices... are certainly interesting.

Shame about the lack of japanese audio, but what can ya do. Also would have hoped they kept the breast slider in. I think the default choice looks a bit too big, or maybe it's just the cutscene angles. Oh well.

Can't wait to get a doll to ride. I hope they control well. Time to sink my teeth in.

My game is out for delivery right now. Will probably get it around 3pm est. :( Guess I have time to play some Uncharted 4 MP until it arrives! My CE guide from amazon says it's "Shipping today".. Probably won't arrive until Monday tho.

JKTrix

Asking again, anyone who preordered the special edition from GameStop back in like July, did it ship yet? I've got no updates or anything on it and here it is launch day and me with no Xeno.
I preordered mine from Gamestop online at the end of September, it shipped yesterday. I'm not gonna get it for a couple of weeks though, and couldn't wait so I downloaded it.
vkFix2K.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom