• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just picked up my copy from GameStop.

As soon as this update finishes I'll be all ready to run around Mira to my hearts content. I can't believe this game is finally here.

TheMoon

Yep. Not sure if it's exclusive to the limited edition, but Xenoblade X has a reversible cover just like Xenoblade had before.

Wow, I either completely forgot or never knew this.

Does it have text on the spine? Still have to wait until tomorrow for my copy ...argh.

This is how I'm going in for now:
wiiu_screenshot_tv_019krmm.jpg

Your avatar is a Wonderful One. :)

Never going to gamefaqs boards to ask a question again, just had an end game spoiler ruined for me... again. Happened with both Xenoblade X MGS V now :( Three years of avoiding spoilers only for it to be ruined today.

Anyway maybe someone here could help answer my question? I'm trying to complete the early game quest "Research" where I need to generate 3000 credits from frontier nav in a single return. What's the fastest/easiest way to do this?

(Edit) Like an idiot I went back to the topic to see if anyone could confirm it wasn't a spoiler and I saw he had also posted a big Fallout 4 spoiler :/ though that one seemed so ridiculous I'm doubting the legitimacy of it now.

- Lack of cohesion. The music, dialogue, world design, art style etc. They are all excellent, but they all seem to have been made in silo, none so far contributing to another in providing an immersive experience. Loud outrageous battle chants over a rap song in the middle of a still lake fighting the mother of all boss monsters feels like a parody of itself.

The music in this is really weird and not at all cohesive. Blaring over characters talking, weird English songs then nice orchestral music. It's not that big of a deal but on first impression it's a bit jarring lol

I hear duckroll laughing in agreement right now. xD

I don't mind Sawano's soundtrack so far as it's pretty nice in Primordia, but I can get why people say it's all over the place especially when the vocals kick in. They can be pretty corny for sure and sometimes the lack of subtlety in the arrangements is a bit much. I do wish he stayed closer to his Gundam Unicorn non-vocal arrangements for XBX versus his newer stuff like in KLK and Aldonoah Zero.

Never going to gamefaqs boards to ask a question again, just had an end game spoiler ruined for me... again. Happened with both Xenoblade X MGS V now :( Three years of avoiding spoilers only for it to be ruined today.

Anyway maybe someone here could help answer my question? I'm trying to complete the early game quest "Research" where I need to generate 3000 credits from frontier nav in a single return. What's the fastest/easiest way to do this?

There is also a huge spoiler on the first page there, avoid!

Finally got mine! Just have to drive threw construction zones and traffic to get home and play it. >.>

Looking foward to adding everyone.

Richie

Downloading the high-speed packs...They ask me to have much more space than they end up occupying. Like, one of them is about 3 gigs and a half, yet the eShop won't let me download if I don't have 8.7 gigs available. It's crazy, why's this? At any rate, downloaded the Basic pack, and just managed enough space to allow for a download of the Player pack. Really want the enemy pack too, I'll see if I can make room for that.

Providing I already have the Basic Pack installed, do the rest of the packs make that much of a difference? Like, the Enemy pack, how long it'd take to deal with enemies if I didn't have the pack versus having it? Thanks a bunch in advance.

UltraJay

Man, this game is so much fun.

The environments are breathtaking, combat is top-notch, voice acting is surprisingly not cringe-inducing and then music is definitely not as bad as some people claim it to be.

I am level 15, not progressed much story-wise, just enough to join the Pathfinders.

I do have a question, though. Is it me or ar the sniper classes terribly underwhelming? I am rushing the Astral Crusader class, currently half way through the first sniper class and it feels super weak. Any tips?

Don't forget to upgrade Arts with Battle Points? Press X on the Art in the Arts menu. BP isn't shared, every character gets their own and you should level up their arts as well.

I had racked up 60 BP before I figured out how to do it.

syoaran

Basically, it's beautiful but static to you???

Not surprising, there's a price for what they accomplished graphically alongside that scale.

Zelda Wii U has a better chance to make you feel immersed in a world.

Correct. It's a stunning game in terms of art direction and draw distance, with massive structures in the distance begging to be explored - but if you took the music away from the game you'd deflate any atmosphere the game is trying to create - and thats unfortunate.

I don't mind Sawano's soundtrack so far as it's pretty nice in Primordia, but I can get why people say it's all over the place especially when the vocals kick in. They can be pretty corny for sure and sometimes the lack of subtlety in the arrangements is a bit much. I do wish he stayed closer to his Gundam Unicorn non-vocal arrangements for XBX versus his newer stuff like in KLK and Aldonoah Zero.

Pretty much exactly what I feel, and though I like the soundtrack - it's just doesn't feel like the music was written for the game. Feels like Monolith didn't even show the game, or edit the music down to the cutscenes. I wouldn't be surprised if Sawano got a written brief that said: We've got X amount of zones with day night cycle, plus some cutscenes that have this range of emotion so we need some tracks.

Chairhome

Anyone have a problem with the pizza cash? I got my Mastercard e-card, but I'm trying to use it for PSN and its not working. Does it only work with Pizza? haha.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
blah.. was planning on trying to snag the SE.. but looks like that's a no-go. Oh well, guess I'll hit the eShop after work.

Neoweee

Amazon managed to screw up release date delivery for Chicago.

It was Out For Delivery early this morning.

And delivered to...

*drum roll*

effing Palatine.

"Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
Palatine, IL, US"

No realistic ETA on when it is coming.

Why, Amazon, why?

beanman25

going for digital download. what is the block total needed? I have a 500gb external plugged in, but I like having the main game im playing loaded onto the console./

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
why do all the data packs need 15.3gb of space and when dl'd/installed only use 10?

the packs are specific to content.. but I'd imagine there is overlap between the packs, where when you install all of them the duplicate content is only going to exist once on the drive.

Don't forget to upgrade Arts with Battle Points? Press X on the Art in the Arts menu. BP isn't shared, every character gets their own and you should level up their arts as well.

I had racked up 60 BP before I figured out how to do it.
Not just arts but skills as well (which should be equipped too) though I don't know if Astral Crusader will have many unlocked.

A thing to note about arts is the manual says arts max out at level 4.

JimPanzer

What are you trying to do? I moved my Wii U to my computer monitor so I can be nice and close as well as not take up the TV at all times. Of course, my monitor has HDMI but no speakers for the audio to come out of. I was thinking I could use the headphone jack but games like this and Splatoon feature separate audio for TV and gamepad.

Wii Component cable to the rescue! In a recent update I guess they added separate audio/video output selection so I can run HDMI to my monitor and then the component cable's audio cables into a 3.5mm jack converter (I've had that ever since I bought the Xbox 360 VGA cable because of Dead Rising's awful SD text). I plug that into my line in on my PC. It's the same way I plug my PS3 into my PC setup so I'm glad Nintendo added the option.

You can find the option in the audio settings under TV in system settings. Press X on that screen to pick HDMI audio, Component audio, or output from both (I had problems with this one). I literally bought and received a component cable from Ebay a day or two before release. I couldn't reach the one connected to the TV!

Using this method, I thought the audio sounded echo-like. I checked my audio settings on my PC and disabled Window's line in device because my mobo's audio driver software was handling it. Before that I was listening to it from both at the same time!

Are you trying to hook it to you computer monitor?

Thanks for the detailed answer! I have to buy a component cable I guess.

Ludovico

I'm trying to find a way to download the data packs using the online store, but all I see are redirects to the official game site.

Does anyone know if it's possible to start downloading the packs without actually using the WiiU?

MilkBeard

A random comment, but this game has one of the best box art designs I have seen in a long time. Its gonna look good in my collection.

Malus

#teamvocals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom