• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravuus

Whoo, thank god the floaty camera is present only when you're inside or in a small story-related space or something. It feels so bad compared to the super tight camera controls you get everywhere else.

Clawww

please tell me there's a way to keep the sound coming from my TV when I play off-screen? I have speakers hooked up to the TV that I'd like to have the sound play from.

A question. Do the materials that indigens drop depend on the part that you hit them?
While this doesn't answer the question it appears indigens will drop loot for the main body+any appendages you destroy so destroying appendages should get more loot in general.

This time it's because of higher than expected demand rather than it being limited to a single retailer.
In the UK when Xenoblade Chronicles came out on the Wii there was no retailer exclusivity and it still completely sold out.

Purdy

Y Cable didn't arrive from amazon today for external SSD, refuse to play this without the data packs et all installed in the correct place so shall wait to tomorrow :(

rec0ded1

I'm debating going out into the elements to get a physical copy or stay nice and comfy with digital. Sounds like there are enough things to do in this game to keep it on the HD for a long time. Standard physical copy is just the disc as usual right?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah I think all the people who ordered for online delivery might be screwed, high call volume. I called my main store first and they have a separate division for online orders and gave me a number for em.

I'm expecting undershipments and no stock in the warehouse.

I'll blurb some more when I talk to a representative.

Ridiculous.

Chaos17

I'm debating going out into the elements to get a physical copy or stay nice and comfy with digital. Sounds like there are enough things to do in this game to keep it on the HD for a long time. Standard physical copy is just the disc as usual right?

Yes.

Yeah I think all the people who ordered for online delivery might be screwed, high call volume. I called my main store first and they have a separate division for online orders and gave me a number for em.

I'm expecting undershipments and no stock in the warehouse.

I'll blurb some more when I talk to a representative.

Ridiculous.

Godspeed man. Lmao i'm still on the phone! 44 minutes now!
Their loop of ads is awful. I think one spoils the plot of a new game coming out. It's stopped 3 times now so I'm assuming there's a chain of them and it just rotates back around.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Godspeed man. Lmao i'm still on the phone! 44 minutes now!
Their loop of ads is awful. I think one spoils the plot of a new game coming out. It's stopped 3 times now so I'm assuming there's a chain of them and it just rotates back around.

Oh wtf. They must have fucked up big time.

Just go digital.

aravuus

Y Cable didn't arrive from amazon today for external SSD, refuse to play this without the data packs et all installed in the correct place so shall wait to tomorrow :(

If you have a micro-USB cable and a spare whatever-USB cable, why not just make your own y-cable lol. That's what I, or my brother, to be precise, did. Couldn't find a y-cable in any of the nearby shops and due to the Finnish postal service strike, it would have taken it too long to arrive if I ordered one online.

squadr0n

I love how everyone was bad mouthing this game after that Kotaku early impression article, when the guy clearly hated Xenoblade Chronicles. Then after the reviews started coming in people were like yea I knew it was going to be awesome. Then fast foward to release day and its selling out like crazy.

Cant stand how people hop on the its cool to hate something before theyve even played it bandwagon. Similar thing happened with Fallout before it came out. People saying it only had like 12 side missions lol.

I read somewhere that this game's plot is more akin too Xenosaga and perfect works than Xenoblade which is seriously awesome btw.

If you have a micro-USB cable and a spare whatever-USB cable, why not just make your own y-cable lol. That's what I, or my brother, to be precise, did. Couldn't find a y-cable in any of the nearby shops and due to the Finnish postal service strike, it would have taken it too long to arrive if I ordered one online.

How do you make your own Y-Cable?

Finally picked up my copy!

I am taking forever making my character.

Saved 4 different characters (male/female) and I can't decide between the 4.

Ugh. I'm the worst.

WVW69ioQgzIVeq8pWj

WVW69ioQkXYgf6ay1k

WVW69ioQhcYmMQuZUk

Help me choose!

TheMoon

I love how everyone was bad mouthing this game after that Kotaku early impression article. Then after the reviews started coming in people were like yea I knew it was going to be awesome. Then fast foward to release day and its selling out like crazy.

Cant stand how people hop on the its cool to hate something before theyve even played it bandwagon. Similar thing happened with Fallout before it came out. People saying it only had like 12 side missions lol.

People giving any credence to Eisenbeis' opinion when he already didn't like the first Xenoblade and gave dumb reasons was super facepalmy.

Did anyone order the Collector Edition guide from Amazon? Mine hasn't shipped and looking at the page now it shows it will be in stock on the 12th. The only guide I've bought on/near release is a couple of the Zelda guides. Is this normal that Amazon doesn't get the guide for a week after release?

Have this preordered at Gamestop but never got a call confirming I could pick it up. Just called the gamestop but they're not picking up. Think I should go down there and check it out?

TheMoon

You can only use earpphones when you play off-tv.
Yeah, that suck, I already ordered a long cable for my earphone to plug directly on tv.

I think he wants to get the soundtrack off of the USB stick in the NA special edition and onto his phone. Not talking about game audio and headphones.

Skulldead

I'm at 1 click to buy a wii-u console for this game, i just want to know 2 things before:

- Does this game still use the Accuracy bullshit with level difference with a enemies like in Xenoblade Chronicle ?
- Does the game is harder then Xenoblade Chronicle in general ? because XC was way too easy until like 3/4 in the game.

Thank you !

Have this preordered at Gamestop but never got a call confirming I could pick it up. Just called the gamestop but they're not picking up. Think I should go down there and check it out?

i'd go after 10am just around the time ups drops off delivery if they only got it today. but they probably make you come back at 2pm. RIP.

alf717

Copies at my local Gamestop were crushed. I hate paying top dollar for crap quality. =/ This is becoming way to common for these Nintendo collectibles for me. Gonna do some shopping around in hopes of a sell-able copy around town before opening my copy. Hope the rest of you guys and gals don't get crushed copies if you are getting this for the collectors value.

Zero_IYAD

Amazon US screwed up my order!
I was one of the very first who pre-ordered the Special Edition back in August.
My order today went though all phases, then switched to pending & shows:
'Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.'

After wasting hours with customer service, their stock sold out & they can't promise delivery to all pre-orders.
My order might go through some time in 2016 or get cancelled all together : (
They offered me a price cut on the stand-alone game so I bought the game alone for half price & now I have no choice but to wait for my Special Edition to arrive in the near future if they ever got it supplied.
They sure killed my hype & weekend : (

aett

I've been looking forward to this game since it was first announced (I was crazy about XBC) but I really can't play it now. Due to having a new baby in the house I can only play at certain times and then only with headphones... but the headphone jack on the Gamepad is broken.

It's my own fault, really. My older kid managed to get some food gunk through some of the buttons on the Gamepad about a year ago, so I opened it up myself and cleared it out so the buttons would actually work. I apparently messed something up in the process and now the Gamepad doesn't make ANY sounds at all, through the speaker or through headphones.

Finally picked up my copy!

I am taking forever making my character.

Saved 4 different characters (male/female) and I can't decide between the 4.

Ugh. I'm the worst.

WVW69ioQgzIVeq8pWj

WVW69ioQkXYgf6ay1k

WVW69ioQhcYmMQuZUk

Help me choose!

The female's hair looks like like a girl I had fond memories of in college.

I like her but she broke my heart...I mean the girl in college did.

I don't like the other two but maybe some others will.

careksims

Ugh I said Amazon should be shipping it today but there's no shipping info.... now I read about the delays and stuff and I fear I won't be playing this til next week or worst.... :{

jorgejjvr

As far as I can tell you can't, not legitimately anyway. This USB drive sucks ass. Even if we were able to copy the music off it, it's also useless as a normal USB drive for most purposes because it's only 800MB.

Everything else about the CE is fine, just fuck this USB drive.
I figured it out!!!

I was able to copy it using 7 zip!!

aravuus

How do you make your own Y-Cable?

It's just a matter of splicing the two cables together. Here's a short guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...using-non-self-powered-usb-hdd-w-wiiu.377806/ , and you can find lots more with a quick google search.

Of course, like the gbatemp guy mentions, it probably shouldn't be used as a permanent solution.

The main body can drop every drop available from them, I believe, but broken appendages will usually drop one or two specific things from that list at much higher rates.

Pretty sure the Primagames eGuide mentioned, that some appendages have exclusive drops or something, i.e. you have to destroy them to get the drop.

Then again, it doesn't make a lick of sense, so maybe I'm just remembering things wrong.

Kadin

Played a couple hours last night and now I'm gonna spend some time reading the e-manual linked in the OP. Much better to read as a pdf. 142 pages... gonna take a while. Not normally one to dig into a manual but after playing for a bit, I'm thinking it's a good idea.

For those 2 hours I played, it was glorious!

One thing that this game does really good compared to other open-world games is the feel of the movement, I think the game that comes closest to X's movement is Saints Row IV, with all the superpowers.
Running around and jumping just feels so good.

pablito

I've been looking forward to this game since it was first announced (I was crazy about XBC) but I really can't play it now. Due to having a new baby in the house I can only play at certain times and then only with headphones... but the headphone jack on the Gamepad is broken.

It's my own fault, really. My older kid managed to get some food gunk through some of the buttons on the Gamepad about a year ago, so I opened it up myself and cleared it out so the buttons would actually work. I apparently messed something up in the process and now the Gamepad doesn't make ANY sounds at all, through the speaker or through headphones.

I don't have kids but I'd imagine you wouldn't want to be separated from any noises and such, right? Playing with lower TV volume is a no go?

You can't connect headphones to your TV or sound system?

You can just buy an extension if the TV is too far away or look into some wireless headphones?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Is there a way to turn down/disable music?

The raging butt rock that plays in NLA is absolutely intolerable, and is incredibly loud.

Atram

Played a couple hours last night and now I'm gonna spend some time reading the e-manual linked in the OP. Much better to read as a pdf. 142 pages... gonna take a while. Not normally one to dig into a manual but after playing for a bit, I'm thinking it's a good idea.

For those 2 hours I played, it was glorious!

I would say reading the Manual for this Game is Essential, it´s the first time in the last 8 Years that i need to read one, lol.

So yeah, if anyone is curious about one of the changes in dialogue from the Japanese version to the English version:

Japanese: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKIt8u3Onp0#t=31m35s

Says Dolls are cool and nothing more. Crew watches doll/skell walk by in silence.

English: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49SM77E9uXw

"Walk it baby! Mm-mm-mm."

Huge change there. Or 'addition' I should say. I liked the line, so I'm okay with this. I'm looking for nice entertainmnet, not purity, and they delivered here. But, from past titles, and probably this one too, 8-4 has added crap I didn't really like to spice up these chats. Mostly due to cuss words and stuff to characters that were just fine in the original.

Guess we'll see how this cast turns out. Hope Lin keeps it clean, but I doubt it.

Whatever though. I'm here for my man Hiroyuki Sawano and some blood pumping epicness!!!

Kinda wish I hadn't sold my Wii U a while ago now...but I'm not going to get one again for this unless I find it stupid cheap. Hope it lives up to peoples expectations.

*awaits an all cutscene 1080p thing on youTube*...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom