• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clawww

Just picked up my copy from GameStop.

As soon as this update finishes I'll be all ready to run around Mira to my hearts content. I can't believe this game is finally here.

basically was going to type this same post, just finishing off my coffee and peeping this thread before I recline my ass on the couch in style

mrmickfran

Booyah bitches!

Ftbuavo.jpg

UltraJay

Thanks for the detailed answer! I have to buy a component cable I guess.

So I was right? You were trying to connect it to a computer monitor? Because that is the same problem I came across. I thought I could use the headphone jack but quickly found out I couldn't. I remembered what I did for my PS3 and was glad to see that Nintendo added that update!

tinantlu

Is there any way to increase the text size? It's so hard to read.

Agreed, but I don't see a way in any settings menu to embiggen the text!

I didn't play the original, and have just started messing with the first part. I am thoroughly confused by what the heck is happening in the combat. Should I just push on and learn as I go, or read through the digital manual?

Klyka

Banned
Picked my copy up just now,will get to play after work tonight.

I go to Gamestop cause I wanted to trade in 3 gamaes towards it. There is a long line. I quickly ask the lady if they still have Xeno,cause I can't see it on the shelves.
She checks the computer and says "yeah,we still got one available copy :)" I'm all "oh great,i'll get in line then!"

So i stand there for 20 minutes and when it's my turn I say "I'd like that Xenoblade then please!". At that moment her colleague chimes in and says "we are all out, the last copy we got is only in a bundle with a Wii-U purchase". So that was the copy she saw in the computer. I waited 20min for nothing :(

So then I went to Saturn and just bought one of the 10+ copies on the shelves there, lol XD

zeox

Just got an email from the retailer I bought it from saying they are having problems shipping all the orders because of the demand, so they delayed it for 5 days. Thinking hard about driving 30 minutes to the store and getting it there instead. the thirst is real

Kitoro

Question on the 4 data packs on the eShop...

It told me I needed almost 16gb, so I deleted a few games, and it only ended up downloading 10gb of data. Is that normal, or did it somehow neglect to download the rest?

Thanks!

If anyone is in the NE Ohio area, and you happen to see the special edition in stock at a store, can you let me know? Gamestop screwed me over, and now I'm trying to find it at a store, but it looks like everyone is completely sold out.......

Riki

Just got an email from the retailer I bought it from saying they are having problems shipping all the orders because of the demand, so they delayed it for 5 days. Thinking hard about driving 30 minutes to the store and getting it there instead. the thirst is real
These are good problems to have for this game, though.
I'm really hoping it does well in the west. X deserves it.
The game seems to be selling out in a lot of stores, which I love to hear.

Atram

Agreed, but I don't see a way in any settings menu to embiggen the text!

I didn't play the original, and have just started messing with the first part. I am thoroughly confused by what the heck is happening in the combat. Should I just push on and learn as I go, or read through the digital manual?

reading the manual is realy helpful with this game.

I think I'm gonna watch the giant bomb quick look before I decide on picking it up, but it seems most people are enjoying it?

I thought Xenoblade was okay, not great

the UI for this game is a fucking mess from what I've seen

I'm curious for sure though. CE is all sold out everywhere around here but not a big deal

I got a 500gb external because I couldn't even fit the patches on my wii u for the disk version

Here I am refreshing my tracker every minute hoping my copy has finally been delivered. It's supposedly been out for delivery at my town for over 2 hours. Pls come soon

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
If anyone is in the NE Ohio area, and you happen to see the special edition in stock at a store, can you let me know? Gamestop screwed me over, and now I'm trying to find it at a store, but it looks like everyone is completely sold out.......

Did they update your status online? Or should I be calling their ass.

cyba89

I'm almost 8 hours in and felt a bit overwhelmed first after chapter 3 even though I finished the first Xenoblade. But I slowly start to understand everything now.
Did my first affinity mission and that one was surprisingly fleshed out. That mission led me to Noctilum. And wow there are a lot of beautiful areas in the game. Can't wait to explore everything with a skell later.

Don't have a clue about the whole online stuff yet.

Ovek

7Member7
Question on the 4 data packs on the eShop...

It told me I needed almost 16gb, so I deleted a few games, and it only ended up downloading 10gb of data. Is that normal, or did it somehow neglect to download the rest?

Thanks!

Normal it extracts the 10gb packs downloads to 16gb or so.

Did they update your status online? Or should I be calling their ass.

No update, the guy at Gamestop said it was an "online only" thing, but I know of one that has physical copies in store...but they're only for people who preordered. (Although I dunno if that was even possible because it wouldn't let me send it to a store when i preordered)

When I called the help line, it told me they're experiencing "heavier than normal call volumes"....and said it could be over 30 minutes.

I've been on the phone for 26 minutes now.......

I'm also calling around on another phone but I don't think its in stock anywhere physically.
What the fug man. This is insanity.

Chaos17

Tried Enforcer class, nice spells but dude that Raygun lazer beam just to awfull. It can AoE damage in straigh line so anything in the line will get agroed, lol. I died many time because of it. Enforcer was not for me...

I also choose reclaimers for divison but it's me or I can't install probes to fast travel ?! (I just finished chapter 3). My roomates choosed pathfinder and he can teleporter to almost any cell on the map after installing probes -.-

Btw, what is Miranium used for? I know we can use it to research weapons and whatnot and some people ask me for it through some quests. Any more important uses?
It's the main currency for adding slots, crafting things, and enhancing affixes. You can feed it to the arms companies to level them instead of waiting for your advertisement/commercial points to accumulate from battles. You also use it to refuel your skells :p. Along with what you listed, that's about everything.

I do have a question, though. Is it me or ar the sniper classes terribly underwhelming? I am rushing the Astral Crusader class, currently half way through the first sniper class and it feels super weak. Any tips?
Are you taking advantage of the bonuses on your arts? Outside of leveling them/your skills up, that's one of the best ways to raise damage early on. Shrapnel especially should do loads of damage if you're targeting an appendage. You can press in the right stick to lock onto one(shows a green circular gauge on the enemy if you're currently targeting an appendage) so that your attacks stay focused on it while you move around.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
No update, the guy at Gamestop said it was an "online only" thing, but I know of one that has physical copies in store...but they're only for people who preordered. (Although I dunno if that was even possible because it wouldn't let me send it to a store when i preordered)

When I called the help line, it told me they're experiencing "heavier than normal call volumes"....and said it could be over 30 minutes.

I've been on the phone for 26 minutes now.......

I'm also calling around on another phone but I don't think its in stock anywhere physically.
What the fug man. This is insanity.

Gonna try calling and figure this out. I work a afternoon shift and I get off when they close.

Probably won't order from them online again.

Neoweee

why, why would it take amazon another 5 days to even ship it? prep to ship shouldn't take that long >.<

Amazon fucked up my shipment as well. Out for delivery, and then sent to a different facility further away.

3 day delay. It is, like, 50 minutes from here.

zma1013

I ordered the CE from Best Buy and I got the game yesterday. That's very odd because that's never happened for me with them.

R0ckman

This time it's because of higher than expected demand rather than it being limited to a single retailer.

To be honest, with Starfox being delayed to spring 2016 what the hell else were people going to buy this holiday on the Wii U?

Ludovico

I'm trying to find a way to download the data packs using the online store, but all I see are redirects to the official game site.

Does anyone know if it's possible to start downloading the packs without actually using the WiiU?

Bumping.

ALSO, mine is currently out for delivery!!!!

Gotta wait til noon to pick my copy up from GS. Stopped by the store, there was poloxe tape all over the entryway. Called them up, said they'd be opening at noon.

Weird.

pablito

These stories of selling out have me a little worried. I preordered pretty late at Gamestop (Tuesday). I didn't pay it all off but I took down half the price with a trade in. So I wouldn't want to go anywhere else since I just have to pay 25. I hope they have a copy for me! I'd hate to waste today not playing it. I get off early every Friday and specifically made no plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom