• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahadan

Are recruitable characters on the same level as mandatory ones? I mean are they voiced as much, do they have stuff to say during scenes, etc?

I don't like most of the main cast so...

correojon

Is there any in-depth guide about Overdrive? I understand how it works generally, but I´d like to know the specifics about how to trigger the special effects you get when combining arts when in Overdrive. I looked at the manual and it just mentions their existance, but not how to get them in battle.

TheJoRu

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01llo9b.jpg

Here we go!

Kinsei

Banned
Are recruitable characters on the same level as mandatory ones? I mean are they voiced as much, do they have stuff to say during scenes, etc?

I don't like most of the main cast so...

Nope. They are voiced but they remain mute in any cutscenes in quests that doesn't require you to bring them along. This game is the Elma and Lin show.

Golnei

I wish those cards were collectible.

I'd rather they weren't just static collectibles - having a quest that involves you in the creation of the cards might be more interesting. It could basically be a photography minigame, where you'd have be paid to get shots of given species to use as artwork on the cards, with bonuses for the habitat, distance, time of day and weather conditions.

They'd have needed to make new armor and gear for non-human characters though, which is probably why there are only humans and human-like characters.

I think animations would be the bigger hurdle - they could always cheat with armour by having character-specific equipment or having all of their gear show up as palette swaps (i.e. all Survival gear is identical, all Vivid gear is a different palette of the same model etc.) but if they can't animate on a humanoid frame, the entire class system doesn't apply to them, and would necessitate a lot of work to create a character-specific class.

Mupod

what melee attacks with ranged weapons are out there?

I feel like assault rifle is the best choice on a melee build because it seems built for it. You get two melee attacks that actually use the butt of your rifle. Also, Ramjet Rifle is infinite TP if you have no intention of actually using ranged moves to do damage.

Ostinatto

I've got my first skell,
Any pro tips for newbies?

should i buy the rest of the parts on the store? or should i buy a new frame?

thanks

Xane

I've got my first skell,
Any pro tips for newbies?

should i buy the rest of the parts on the store? or should i buy a new frame?

thanks

Get lv30 Skells ASAP (Heavy if your wallet allows).
Equip it with two Buster weapons (right shoulder and right arm I think?) and go to town.

Well looks like leveling up the max TP up skill was a total waste of BP as I can easily make the Max TP up XX stat arguments (+3000 max TP) which are far better. Seems a bit odd from a balance point as the secondary cooldown reduction skill is much better than augments though that was a skill from a later class.

So yeah I've barely touched augments and knife+raygun doesn't seem to be built for overdrive fun either.

Having to have at lest one of anything an augment needs also makes it hard to figure things out.

Alright, I've logged all the locations of the first 49 lobsters. Just need to get the flight module so I can do the rest.
Great stuff. Thanks for doing this.

Fandangox

I feel XBX doesn't get enough credit for how charmingly goofy it is. From the residents of New LA being obsessed over Miralife trading cards to Army Pizza to that one dude who dreams of riding on the palm of Irina's Skell. There is just so much weird shit going on.

What about the fact that
Alien Doc Brown with bootleg Derolean is a thing
or that alien that ate another's species plant god

So I'm currently doing the required Kizuna Mission to take on Story Mission 5 called "A Friend in Need". And I (like the genius I am) decided to change my character class as I saw that my character wasn't leveling up his class anymore. I naturally thought that I am suppose to change the classes. So I change my characters class and he got all new arts and now has no healing arts. This makes fights that much more difficult and I can't beat the boss of the Kizuna Mission. Should I just grind until my character is powerful enough to beat the boss or am I missing something here?

Kinsei

Banned
So I'm currently doing the required Kizuna Mission to take on Story Mission 5 called "A Friend in Need". And I (like the genius I am) decided to change my character class as I saw that my character wasn't leveling up his class anymore. I naturally thought that I am suppose to change the classes. So I change my characters class and he got all new arts and now has no healing arts. This makes fights that much more difficult and I can't beat the boss of the Kizuna Mission. Should I just grind until my character is powerful enough to beat the boss or am I missing something here?

Switch back and then switch over to your new class again after the boss.

18 hrs in and just started chapter 4. I'm a lvl 16. Am I close to beating the game?

Seriously? You haven't even left the first continent in a story mission and you're asking if you're almost done?

Golnei

There's no penalty for changing classes, so you could always try going back to your previous class for the boss, then switch to the class you want to level afterwards.

Gattsu25

Banned
the grind to level 40 is slow going

earning 173K at 6.6 million credits 1 heavy late game Doll would cost more fully armed :(

sleep must sleep

I found it really fast.

Once you have 1 heavy skell w/ full armament then work on buying the second, third, etc.

Basically you want your entire active party to be running around in decked out heavy skells.

Always fight enemies that are purple to you (somewhat higher level than you). Experience comes easily.

I know this is an inherently meaningless comment but I went from level 34 to 47 faster than I went from 23 to 26.

So the consensus on Gaf is that the heavier frame are the best because they carry more fuel?

I want opinions because I bought the most expensive level 30 Heavy Skell at level 25 and I have enough money to either get the second level 30 Heavy Skell or a Medium one and a light one together.

I found it really fast.

Once you have 1 heavy skell w/ full armament then work on buying the second, third, etc.

Basically you want your entire active party to be running around in decked out heavy skells.

Always fight enemies that are purple to you (somewhat higher level than you). Experience comes easily.

I know this is an inherently meaningless comment but I went from level 34 to 47 faster than I went from 23 to 26.

there is anyway to unlock A90 before end game?

I really do not like the looks of the Heavy types but if they are the only type for late games I guess I'll buy soon

Slathe

How do you unlock more augment recipes and more weapon development recipes? I seem incapable of making any more than I originally started with.

Shahadan

So anyone finished the game and can tell me something about L

Considering his oh-so-subtle full name and well just something about him really, is he going to betray me and leave my party eventually? I don't want to waste time leveling him if he leaves at some point

sensui-tomo

45 hours until I got my Skell, yesterday night. It was a bit of a pain but I loved every minute so far.

Wait until you buy one for elma and lin, but some equipment for your skell and realize you have no money left to make sure their skells are up to par.

Lombax

Banned
help me out XCX GAF!

I'm about 13h in most recently did the first "boss" fight
Crazy alien lady what destroyed 1/3 of the library of congress!
, and now I am suffering from total A.D.D.!
Someone anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do next! Help me focus!

LOL, is anyone like me and taking their time. Think this is the first RPG I played for long time that I didn't want to rush and enjoy the game...Can't remember but I don't think i'm level 15 yet (12 or something).

wish I was at home playing it now.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
help me out XCX GAF!

I'm about 13h in most recently did the first "boss" fight
Crazy alien lady what destroyed 1/3 of the library of congress!
, and now I am suffering from total A.D.D.!
Someone anyone give me a suggestion as to what to do next! Help me focus!
Run to all the probes you can.

Mupod

I feel like I've been slowly working towards this +25 seconds to overdrive augment for half the game. All I need is some Red Brandy and those turtle bastards just don't drop it. Is there a breakable part I'm missing, other than the face? I've only found 2 + a couple from tickets, and I need 12.

So the consensus on Gaf is that the heavier frame are the best because they carry more fuel?

I want opinions because I bought the most expensive level 30 Heavy Skell at level 25 and I have enough money to either get the second level 30 Heavy Skell or a Medium one and a light one together.

heavies just seem better to be honest. Part of it is just that I'm constantly fighting things way above my level so it's not like I'm going to be dodging much anyways.

I'm reading that light armor might be best for ground gear because it's more upgradeable, but before I get to at least level 45 it's not like I'm going to drop tons of miranium and other resources per slot onto gear upgrades.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I should go Heavy Skells? Can I change part of the design, at least? Like the heads? The one at the vendor is really ugly.

Delio

I need to start getting TP gain augments. I'm doing a Overdrive build and it's pretty powerful now but I have problems getting enough TP to activate Overdrive again while the one is currently going. (without spamming Blood Sacrifice of course).

Also saw a Longsword build that looks a lot more fun and not as dangerous as the Blood spamming one but I noticed one of it's main attacks you need to be done with Chapter 8 so lol no go till then.

correojon

LOL, is anyone like me and taking their time. Think this is the first RPG I played for long time that I didn't want to rush and enjoy the game...Can't remember but I don't think i'm level 15 yet (12 or something).

wish I was at home playing it now.

Me too, I´m level 26 after+20 hours. Yesterday I took a mission that required me to explore Oblivia to 30%, so after doing that I guessed I should put Primordia and Noctarium over 30% as well even though nothing required it and spent some hours just doing that.

I managed to reach the northest probe in one continent, which by the looks of it was only intended to be reached with a skell as there was no way out (I walked through the side of a cliff over the sea and made a risky long leap to reach the probe´s location).

This game is awesome, when I get tired of exploring I can take on a few missions, upgrade equipment/arts/stuff...and when I get bored of that I just take on the main mission and advance the story one chapter. Can´t stop playing!

R00bot

So I should go Heavy Skells? Can I change part of the design, at least? Like the heads? The one at the vendor is really ugly.

You can buy new head armour, not sure if it changes the looks of it but it might, all I remember is that every other head armour was worse than the one it starts with so I didn't even consider looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom