• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Finally picked up my copy!

I am taking forever making my character.

Saved 4 different characters (male/female) and I can't decide between the 4.

Ugh. I'm the worst.

WVW69ioQgzIVeq8pWj

WVW69ioQkXYgf6ay1k

WVW69ioQhcYmMQuZUk

Help me choose!
Take David Beckham

Lin's first appearance is pretty great. What an entrance.

The opening of the game is a lot of fun. You can really that Gaur Plains feel right from the very start of the game. I can already tell that this game is going to suck up a lot of my time.

It's just a shame that I can't turn the music volume down and adjust the size of the text.

Pretty sure the Primagames eGuide mentioned, that some appendages have exclusive drops or something, i.e. you have to destroy them to get the drop.
That might be the case for a few specific drops, but I can't really confirm or deny it, as testing 4~6 items for all 1000ish enemies would take quite a while :U

Do I have to master my CURRENT class to be able to equip arts from other classes, too? Went with Striker and I can't seem to be able to equip Drifter's arts.
Arts you learn are learned forever, but they require the weapon they're associated with to be equipped for you to place them on your palette. Drifter's arts are on assault rifle and knife, Striker uses assault rifle and longsword. So you can use any of Drifter's assault rifle arts as a Striker, but you can't use its knife arts unless you equip a knife(which you can't outside of the knife classes until you master Mastermind), which would then block access to any other melee weapon arts you might know.

aravuus

Arts you learn are learned forever, but they require the weapon they're associated with to be equipped for you to place them on your palette. Drifter's arts are on assault rifle and knife, Striker uses assault rifle and longsword. So you can use any of Drifter's assault rifle arts as a Striker, but you can't use its knife arts unless you equip a knife(which you can't outside of the knife classes until you master Mastermind), which would then block access to any other melee weapon arts you might know.

Ah alright, thanks, that clears it up. I noticed I could use some of the Drifter arts so I was confused.

MrDaravon

Man my trail to getting this game has been ridiculous. I originally was salty I missed out on the Amazon LE pre-orders, was then able to get one when Gamestop was taking them which wound up not being an issue since they took pre-orders forever. Then I was unemployed and on the fence about the LE contents so I canceled the pre-order. Then a few weeks ago the wife and I decided to just get the regular version + the CE guide as a sort of compromise and Christmas gift for ourselves. I pre-ordered the CE guide on Amazon with free shipping since we're in no big rush for that, and figured I would just go out and buy it in-store somewhere today. Walmart didn't have it. Target didn't have it. Gamestop wasn't getting their copies until noonish, and honestly I try to avoid going there anyway. I go to Best Buy, they also are sold out of the regular edition, but sitting there on the shelf against all odds there was a single Special Edition o________o. Given that I finally got a job offer yesterday decided to take the plunge on it.

So happy right now hahaha.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
1 hour later sitting on hold on the phone and still busy. Maybe everyone called off at Gamestop Corporate.

Just wow. Maybe I'll order another copy next week. Even got myself an external drive all ready to go for my system.

Raven77

So is the music and design (lack of cohesion in various game elements) really as bad as some are making it out to be? This could be a deal breaker for me.

So is the music and design (lack of cohesion in various game elements) really as bad as some are making it out to be? This could be a deal breaker for me.

The first set of lyrics in the main battle song really is as bad, or worse, then you have heard/can imagine. Other then that it's pretty good.

God some of these designs decisions wtf, playing vocal music louder than the cutscene

Yeah. I saw a scene like that in some meeting with Vandham, and the game was playing an Aimee song way too loud. Not sure what was up with that.

Fun fact: Sawano finished working on this game back in 2012. He worked on XenoX after Guilty Crown, and before working on Attack on Titan, Kill la kill, Aldnoah Zero, etc...

Kyzon

This game is already seeming more fun than Xenoblade, and that's saying a lot. I'm only about 3 hours in though.

I live the dialogue!

jorgejjvr

depends on your taste

I've heard most of the songs including the battle one, I love them

theres variety

i dont mind the tracks that are voiced at all

Vena

My copy of Amazon arrived rather randomly as it still says scheduled for Tuesday...

But it has my name on it so its definitely my copy. Am I going to get another copy on Tuesday?

Reading this thread, seems stores are running low or are people having trouble with online orders?

Blahhhh got up and got ready to go to Best Buy and I go downstairs and realized my car is in the shop T.T No mode of transportation to get there :(

It's not bad at all.

If it were up to me though, I would've liked to handle some of the tracks differently. For example, I would've had the second half of z39comical play as the daytime theme for NLA and for the nights, no track, just have some gangs with boom boxes come out and if you walk up near them you can hear your "uh uh yeahs" and "1-2-3-4's".

Other than NLA (decent, not great, not terrible, imo), soundtrack is great. Battle themes are chessy fun, and blood pumping.

jorgejjvr

It's not bad at all.

If it were up to me though, I would've liked to handle some of the tracks differently. For example, I would've had the second half of ]z39comical[/B play as the daytime theme for NLA and for the nights, just have some gangs with boom boxes come out and if you walk up near them you can hear you "uh uh yeahs" and "1-2-3-4's".

Other than NLA (decent, not great, not terrible, imo), soundtrack is great. Battle themes are chessy fun, and blood pumping.

names of songs sure are strange tho xD

Left the apartment for 5 minutes to drive my GF to work and came back to the Missed Delivery slip on my door. :(

...and then I drove around the neighborhood until I found the UPS guy and got my game. ;)

Gonna go for a run and then start it up. Can't wait!

Is the artbook of the American special edition bigger than the European one?From the videos i've watched it seems so which sucks big time if true. :/
American is larger and paperback. European is same size as Japan, designed to be similar dimensions to game package.

Is it possible to pause the game?
I don't think the home button disabled anywhere but online missions. That can be used to pause. Pressing start in-game doesn't pause game action (so you could still run into fights etc).

Mik317

Played about an hour..didn't do much but think I will like it.

Going to nitpick a bit tho.

- Is it just me or are the textures and graphics in general...shimmery? Like everything is all jittery. I have the packs downloaded but yeah. Its kinda distracting.

I just can't stop playing. I've clocked 16 hours so far with no intentions to stop any time soon. There is no open world game with a greater environment than this one.

Kadin

So I avoided a lot of the info about the game early on and couldn't be happier at that decision.
I had no clue about NLA. Had no idea there were actually cars, and a zone like this within this game with people walking around, etc.. I assumed it was more or less out in the world like I'd seen early on.

RPGCrazied

Don't you guys hate it when you are at the mercy of UPS? It's like I need to start preordering at a store, cause I'd already be home with it. lol

But really hate going to gamestop.

Enjoying this a lot so far. Liking the voice acting as well as the amount of recorded dialogue in general. Elma's VA seems a bit stiff, though.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well I talked to a GS Rep and after asking the usual who are you questions they are changing some information and said to expect an email from my bank and them saying they'll charge me for the transaction so maybe they just aren't aware of all the online orders? Could take up to 48 hours to process they said.

I really hope the matter gets cleared. Getting worried. Might go in to work early and talk with my bank there. Haven't received any calls or texts from them about anything.

I told the lady I was talking to I updated my card information last night which did verify I did and did see but for the order it still has the old expiration date.

So I really dunno what I should be doing.

Update on NoShippingmageddon;
finally after fucking 56 minutes, someone picked up. Guy sounded like he was miles away from the phone, helped me walk through what was wrong, and it was my credit card number..Despite the fact that I had already updated my information twice on Gamestop's website.

He told me after it goes through"Processing" the new information, it would be shipped out. So I guess there's nothing else I can do right now. Thanks a bunch Gamestop. You and TRU are now on my shit list....never buying stuff from you again.

Same situation dude. Will be my last online order from them. Lady was nice and was just doing her job so I didn't bitch at her.

It's 11 hours later, and I think I like this game. Grand vistas, lots of things to see and jump over, serviceable voice acting, etc. Haven't even gotten a Skell yet.

El Odio

Banned
I decided to cancel my amazon order this morning and place a copy and picked it up from Best Buy. I just can't wait I guess.

I feel surprisingly spooked during the intro cutscene in a way of just like, damn, that's a really fucked up situation to be in. For my character I just modified the default model and went with Shulk's VA. I'm boring like that I guess:

jorgejjvr

So how do I get to the 7zip step? I have this weird file on USB, but I am not sure what to do with it to rip the music via 7zip, just trying to rip it gives me a strange bunch of random files that are not music.

You have to go to 7zip and go to this directory here -

image.png

Where it says HPSafeBox

Kadin

UPS has been shit today.
I've never had good luck with them. I just had a game delivered yesterday from Microsoft and the guy didn't even knock. I only had an idea that I got something because I heard their loud ass truck drive away. Open my door and what do you know... Hate them with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom