• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NA48

Neo Member
Is there some setting to enable headphone audio? I use a computer monitor that doesn't have speakers, and a headset for sound ... but nothing seems to be coming through the jack on the gamepad?

-Horizon-

My copy of Amazon arrived rather randomly as it still says scheduled for Tuesday...

But it has my name on it so its definitely my copy. Am I going to get another copy on Tuesday?

Reading this thread, seems stores are running low or are people having trouble with online orders?
Wouldn't surprise me for Amazon to screw something up especially during the holidays.

Ala Alba

Reposting a few pages later:

Does anyone know if there is a way to re-connect to the server after being disconnected other than returning to the title screen?

aravuus

So is there a clearly obviously best division to go for? I was thinking of Harriers, since I'm going to be grinding a lot, killing a ton of enemies. Something like Pathfinders sounds like it could be really hard to get good amounts of division points early on. What are the division points used for, again?

Reposting a few pages later:

Does anyone know if there is a way to re-connect to the server after being disconnected other than returning to the title screen?

Doesn't seem like it

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is there some setting to enable headphone audio? I use a computer monitor that doesn't have speakers, and a headset for sound ... but nothing seems to be coming through the jack on the gamepad?

Yeah, you have to switch to Off-TV play, click the button/icon on the GamePad. Then the audio will come through the GamePad.

TEAM OUTFITTER

Aiudcxi.jpg

Looking good and feeling fine.

Also, I fell in a hole and got killed by some level 40 bugs, lol.

So is there a clearly obviously best division to go for? I was thinking of Harriers, since I'm going to be grinding a lot, killing a ton of enemies. Something like Pathfinders sounds like it could be really hard to get good amounts of division points early on. What are the division points used for, again?
Interceptors should also be good if you're just going to murder a bunch of animals. They go towards your BLADE level, each level lets you level up a field skill. Eleonora should have made you do some tutorial thing for that.

Kinsei

Banned
I just made it up to chapter 3 and I'm enjoying the game a lot. I just wish I could make the text a tiny bit bigger.

Here's my character
WVW69ioP9uk4j1v7bD

I decided to try and climb the crystals outside of the NLA's east gate just to see if you can and took a picture of the view.
7GZfA3U.jpg

Also, I fell in a hole and got killed by some level 40 bugs, lol.

I went swimming at night and ran into some level 50 flying angler fish with fire lanterns. Needless to say I noped right out of there. The creature designs in this are amazing.

AdanVC

Finally got mine. The store opened later than I expected.
Damn you GamePlanet.

Now to spend way too much time on character creation. Yay.

How many pesos?? Oh god I was thinking on pre order it but then decided not to but now looks like it's too late to try to get one :(

etking

Banned
Very nice game so far. As a Xenoblade veteran, I had to struggle dealing with the controls at first, especially the battle target selection and party battle commands are very well hidden. Also I had to struggle finding out how to unequip fashion armor.

Currently playing as Elma all the time because she has more and better arts (you can switch the active character in the active party menu) and I still have to find out how to carry over arts to a new class after class change.

Currently playing mainly with the pro controller because some youtubers claim that controls are more fluid and responsive that way.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just made it up to chapter 3 and I'm enjoying the game a lot. I just wish I could make the text a tiny bit bigger.

If I sit on my couch, the text is unreadable. I either have to Off-TV play so I can hold the GamePad up to my face, or just move a chair in front of the TV.

It makes no sense, plentys PLENTY of margin space in the menus for the text to be bigger. Its like this game was made for you to sit in front a PC monitor.

TheMoon

No.

The only workaround is switching to Off-TV Play and going back and forth when you need the GamePad map/UI.

aravuus

Interceptors should also be good if you're just going to murder a bunch of animals. They go towards your BLADE level, each level lets you level up a field skill. Eleonora should have made you do some tutorial thing for that.

Went with the Harriers, but it looks like you can change anytime you want thankfully, just costs a bit of money.

Harriers are second last on the rankings lol

If I sit on my couch, the text is unreadable. I either have to Off-TV play so I can hold the GamePad up to my face, or just move a chair in front of the TV.

It makes no sense, plentys PLENTY of margin space in the menus for the text to be bigger. Its like this game was made for you to sit in front a PC monitor.

Yeah, it's really annoying. I don't know how they didn't even include an option in the game. That shit should be standard.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
This game install is ridiculous. Is this the norm on the Wii U?

LOL... this game is freaking HUGE. Did you preload the game, or did you buy/install it today?
I preloaded the game like three weeks ago. I was away from the WiiU all day but I mean, it took HOURS. Like ~3 before I checked in on it and it was done downloading and installing, it could've been longer.

... Speaking of other insanties, the game digital manual is OVER 100 pages. Holy crap. It's worth checking out, there's some stuff explained to you in there you may not figure out. But jeesh! Talk about a good use of a digital manual instead of wasting all that paper.

MilkBeard

I was debating whether to get the special edition, or just get the game. Then i saw the collector's edition guide sitting there. I decided to splurge and get the game and guide. I usually dont buy guides, but this game is so vast with so many systems that it will be nice to have this guide opened next to me while i play.
I shouldnt have spent the money but what can you do? Gamer gonna game.

I was debating whether to get the special edition, or just get the game. Then i saw the collector's edition guide sitting there. I decided to splurge and get the game and guide. I usually dont buy guides, but this game is so vast with so many systems that it will be nice to have this guide opened next to me while i play.
I shouldnt have spent the money but what can you do? Gamer gonna game.
Where you see it at?

Percy

Banned
I've only just made a start on this game but holy shit it's sweet. It's like FFXV done right
and actually releasing :)

Voice acting is, thankfully, a huge improvement on the last game, so I can live with playing in english this time.

El Odio

Banned
I gotta echo these complaints about the text. My tv's huge and I'm still squinting to read half the info on the screen. Seriously what is this?

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I gotta echo these complaints about the text. My tv's huge and I'm still squinting to read half the info on the screen. Seriously what is this?

Thank you. I am kinda pissed.

It's impossible for me to sit on my couch and play this game off the TV. That's a freaking bummer. Luckily I enjoy playing games off the GamePad and its readable on there because you can hold it up to your nose!

Kade

I've asked these already but haven't gotten a response yet and I can't find anything online:

Is there a storage chest or a way to flag items that I want to keep for other classes but I'm afraid of accidentally selling? I'm also confused about whether to sell materials and collectibles, especially the latter once I've registered them to the Collectopedia. I'm assuming Materials could end up being quest items in the future but Collectibles are just vendor junk once they're registered?

Kinsei

Banned
I've asked these already but haven't gotten a response yet and I can't find anything online:

Is there a storage chest or a way to flag items that I want to keep for other classes but I'm afraid of accidentally selling? I'm also confused about whether to sell materials and collectibles, especially the latter once I've registered them to the Collectopedia. I'm assuming Materials could end up being quest items in the future but Collectibles are just vendor junk once they're registered?

I believe collectibles can be quest items as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom