• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dineren

Banned
In store pick up order for the collector's edition is at my local Gamestop. I ordered it online, for in store pickup, and still went down to put $20 on it. Called today and it's there. Has anyone determined if the USB is actually usable? I heard you can't add files to it. Any way, very excited to play.

I was able to copy files to it on my Mac so I assume there are no restrictions. I can't even get it to mount on my PC. The only file on there is soundtrack.exe so I copied it to my PC from my Mac and it won't launch. Pretty annoying that even with a limited soundtrack they won't just provide the files directly.

El Odio

Banned
L55l2sP.jpg

So in love with Primordia already.

aravuus

More questions: how does the mining probe work? Am I supposed to get Miranium automatically every x minutes or what? Is it the same with the tourism probes, but with money?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
well, hunting down an SE has been utterly fruitless. Looks like I'll hit the eShop when I get home.....

ys45

F*cking Canada post ! I was suppose to get this today and this morning when I got up I checked and the ETA changed to next Monday -_-

So I ended up getting the normal version at a local Bestbuy at my lunch lol

Anyone know if the box of the game is the same for the collector edition, because I'm planning to return it sealed at Bestbuy on Monday .

jgwhiteus

Can't play this until I get home this evening, so I'm going through the PDF manual - lol at how huge it is. But reading about all the various mechanics and what's changed from Xenoblade just makes waiting harder...

Joei

I'm on the fence about this game. Playing through Bloodborne at the moment and don't know if I have enough time to play a game this large. Looks awesome though and I'm still going to stop by Best Buy later today to tempt myself again.

Bytes

I think you tap on the GamePad screen with your finger and it comes up...?

In off-TV mode, tapping the screen only seems to give me the option to switch back to TV mode or use a gesture. It's bizarre that I am unable to figure out how to access the Segment Map in off-TV mode. I seriously hope that it's possible, otherwise that's really lame to lose that functionality.

Omadahl

Banned
Well... I'm either waiting until I can get a Wii U super cheap to play this or hoping that they'll bring it to NX. This is the one Nintendo game that could bring me back into the fold.

Picked up my special edition from EB Games, along with a Shulk amigo since it was continently there. Just finishing character customization.

Can't wait to start exploring.

Waji

Sölf;187913481 said:
Then I'll continue with the story for now. I have more then enough time to explore when I have to kill stuff for Squad missions anyway. xD
Oh you're going to fall from high ground when you'll have to kill level 50 creatures for your missions. You should begin to prepare your mind for Normal and Kizuna Quests.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
In off-TV mode, tapping the screen only seems to give me the option to switch back to TV mode or use a gesture. It's bizarre that I am unable to figure out how to access the Segment Map in off-TV mode. I seriously hope that it's possible, otherwise that's really lame to lose that functionality.

I haven't messed around enough with it yet. Is it possible to just switch back to TV mode so that the Gamepad displays the map, and then switch it back to Off-TV play?

Wouldn't that work?

I spent a day downloading and redownloading those fucking data packs as they kept failing.

I start the game and it installs the DLC, I check my HD an hour later and only one of those fuckers made it.

What the hell had I been downloading? Now I'm doing the other 3 individually from the game start up screen so I can at least be fucking sure it installs each one.

aravuus

Sölf;187912002 said:
As fa as I understood, you get it each ingame day.

Really? Wouldn't you be able to fast forward all the time and get stupid amounts of money really easily then, though?

Ah well, guess I'll find out for sure sooner or later. Haven't had the need to ask so many basic-feeling questions online since the first Dark Souls lol

rather annoying that I need to use the Upad to get a map for fast travel....

Yeah, wish I could open the map in-game too.

e: Okay, so I keep finding myself humming some of the songs of the game every now and then. Whenever I get over the terrible vocals, I think I may learn to love the OST

Waji

Sölf;187914066 said:
LET ME LIVE IN MY DREAMWORLD WHERE I HAVE TIME! :mad:
Don't worry, I just played with you before throwing you the solution :
Change Squad until you find a low level Mission.
The higher the number, the harder.
Mission 1 = Easy/ok for low level.
Mission 20 = You won't kill even one thing on the list before being level 30+

Second thing to know. You have 5 icons. The more it's on the right, the more you'll need a strong level for your online 1 to 4 people quests.
So if you unlock one that is around your level, it means the next one (on the right) is probably too high for you.

Sölf

Really? Wouldn't you be able to fast forward all the time and get stupid amounts of money really easily then, though?

Maybe? No idea. Maybe it's all few minutes or every X ingame hours that actually pass and are not skipped. At least it has to be a fixed time period. xD

Waji

Sölf;187914828 said:
Maybe? No idea. Maybe it's all few minutes or every X ingame hours that actually pass and are not skipped. At least it has to be a fixed time period. xD
You actually have to play for some time to aquire money and milanium.
Also, it's better to upgrade Mecanical skill then Search, then Biological.
Mecanical = More Frontier Net Spot
Search = More Research Probes

Research Probes placed on spots surrounded by Unexplored Region and Superb view, and you're ok to go.

A Copy Probe works well if it's surrounded by 3/4 others probes because it copies everything (which acts as a multiplication).

More questions: how does the mining probe work? Am I supposed to get Miranium automatically every x minutes or what? Is it the same with the tourism probes, but with money?
Based on some of my old recordings...you receive a chunk of miranium every 30 minutes, and a chunk of money every 15 minutes(so twice per each miranium receiving). You receive the numbers listed on your FrontierNav screen on the gamepad, which are determined by the probes you have placed on all of your activated FN Spots. edit: The timer doesn't tick while you're in menus, I think. Not sure if the shallow menu that still lets you run around counts or not.

I believe rare resources(or whatever they're called) work similarly, except you receive them every [howevermanyminutes] after setting a mining probe on a spot that has them, so if you set stuff at different times you'll be getting notifications for them at different times than everything else. Or maybe the probe level affects their frequency. I can try and look into the exact times for that today.

I actually wrote a small program that lets you play around with a simulated network of the probes, but I don't think I'll have it 'ready' for other people to use until later in the weekend.

Sölf

You actually have to play for some time to aquire money and milanium.
Also, it's better to upgrade Mecanical skill then Search, then Biological.
Mecanical = More Frontier Net Spot
Search = More Research Probes

Where do you upgrade those skills? I haven't found that yet, only the weapon/armor manufacturers.

Edit: Okay, above answers it. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom